Untitled

Attached: proof-that-god-spiderman-exist.jpg (659x506, 54K)

both true

bruh.......................................................................................................................................................................this kinda be true tho lmao

But Spiderman is real I've seen him in malls

great argument, one of my favourites during my 13 year old enlightened atheist phase

The comic was written by man. The Bible is the word of God.

based

it's a good argument
refute it

inb4 the allahfag under a dutch flag enters the thread

There is no proof that god exists, this is why is it a matter of faith

God exists, dumbass gaytheist
smelly hindu filth

christcucks on suicide watch

God is Indian

faith is not a matter of physical proof
religion matters a lot more than comics for entertainment

who claimed that the Bible (or any religious text for that matter) is proof of anything?
look up "faith" and "belief" in the dictionary

then why did he make hindus so ugly and smelly

>we live in the world where people who believe in fictional characters have right to vote
we never gonna make it

he made them in his image.

That's exactly why God is Indian. Under any other God Indians would have been outbred long ago. But instead we live in a world with 1.3 billion Indians.

God is Indian.

>amerimutt education
>amerimutt logic
>amerimutt comparison

Attached: Thor-272.jpg (250x387, 182K)

>it's just a matter of faith!
cope: the religion

ugly subhumans breeding ugly subhumans is proof god is an ugly subhuman?
good argument

super baste

Yes, in a world with any other God there wouldn't be ugly subhumans

>If I believe in something strong enough is real

I don't think you understand how religion works chief

He didn't make them ugly, he created modern art with their faces
He didn't make them smelly, he added flavours to their smell
Our western noses and eyes are just too underdevelopped to appreciate his perfect work

>I have faith in Spiderman, therefore he exists.

How can the Vatican ever recover?

Attached: image.png (705x535, 280K)

>comic made for entertainment

the faith aspect of christianism isnt intrinsic to every religion, it's just you guys that came with an excuse to justify the fact that you believe in myths, that's why christianism is the cope religion.

>all these seething christcuck jew-on-stick worshippers and sandnogs ITT
based OP

Justice, laws, love, nations, arts, states, agreements, organizations, beauty, music, and even the human condition are all based on faith and belief. None of them are corporeal objects which you can hold in your hand and declare "This is real, for I can hold it in my hand". Any truth you know to be self-evident is in reality nothing more than a well argued belief.

uh except laws and stuff exist?
something doesn't need to be tangible to exist.

faith exists but faith in god doesn't mean god exists

>book made to justify the existence of people who hate life

>
Nobody claims those things to immutable or perfect either lmao and we are all aware they come from humans not a cosmic being lmao

85% of all matter in the universe is intangible, yet we believe it exists because of well argued beliefs. All the things I listed exist only because we believe them to exist. Maybe god exists only when we believe that he does.

>believing in myths
More like a force behind chance and anarchy, the "myths" are methaphorical at best

>Maybe god exists only when we believe that he does.
So does Spider-Man then.

atheism is very progressive
keep fighting for the privileges of homosexuals and transgenders, kweens

we believe in it because of empirical evidence, not well-argued beliefs i.e. rationalism.
>All the things I listed exist only because we believe them to exist.
It's because humans created them.

wtf, I'm atheist now!

There is no such thing as objective empirical evidence, only well-argued beliefs.

>people who hate life
atheists?

Attached: 1529368203826.jpg (810x500, 116K)

Who cares it's just a fetus lmao

Pretty cringe Janny

God you're a fucking idiot.
Just missed the point entirely.

ITT: Absolutely SEETHING Spiderman deniers.

I believe in Spiderman

cringe

>Cred Forums

>noooooo not the unborn slimy potato

The difference is we know who created spider-man: Stan Lee (RIP). We don't know who created God...

The Bible was written by men too

The same argument could be used with a book about the holocaust and the comic.

Prophets and peoples created god. How come god is different from culture to culture?

Proof it is the word of god?

It mattering for people doesn't make it correct or true.

But drowning the entire world because they wanted to build a skyscraper is ok?

religion isn't supposed to be about being correct/true

Exactly, there's no one single person we can point to and say "that guy created god." The fact that there's so many different interpretations of god across culture's means there's no proof that a god of some sort doesn't exist.

Humans rely on being social to live - both in tribal and modern times. Therefore it is super important for us to recognize and sympathise with other humans. That is why we anthropomorphize everything and see faces where there are none. God and gods are just another anthropomorphism of natural phenomena. That is why almost every culture have some form of god or gods.

Attached: _67845742_faceonmars464nasa.jpg (464x261, 26K)

True, it's about being an idiot. The thing is, religion is fine, as long as you leave other people alone.

Our whole existence is so fucking hard to explain, even with the science we have today we can't explain who all of it came to be. While some sort of god is unlikely, I do understand that people use god/gods to explain it all.

>religion isn't supposed to be about being correct/true
Yes it is. In fact that's it's primary function, societal efforts that go along with it are secondary.
I was born into a pastor's family. Currently an atheist, because I think it is closer to being in tune with the truth than being a Christian.

Those are all concepts comprised of information mediated between humans. They exist as a form of information embodied by various institutions which help regulate and structure our society.

There is a huge difference between something being an abstract concept given form through information (which is NOT the same as blind faith and belief, but exist because of mutual agreement over their necessity) and a nonsensical belief in a deity which may exist as an abstract concept but has zero evidence that it exists in reality.

>there's no proof that a god of some sort doesn't exist.
You can't prove the non exsistence of a god. If I tell you there is a teapod somewhere flying around our solar system, you can't disprove that either, because it's litterally impossible to observer every space of our solar system at the same time. This doesn't mean that believe in a cosmic teapod is a good idea. Not having evidence for something is a good reason to not believe in it's exsistence.

But while you can't disprove that a god exsists, you can disprove that a specific god exsists. For example the god from the bible, who created everything in 6 days. We have evidence that from the creeation of the first stars, to live on earth, billion years have passed, i.e. the god of the bible can't be true. There still could be another god
To stick with our analogy, if I would say the teapod will pass the earth at a specific point in time at specific coordinates, we can look there and see that there is no teapod, so we can conclude that this teapod doesn't exsist. This doesn't mean that there is no teapod floating around somewhere else.

Simply said, there is no single religion which has any scientific evidence backing it up. So there is no reason to believe any of them, which in turn is a pretty good reason to believe in none of them

We don't belief in it because of a well-argued belief you idiot. Scientific concepts are based off of empirical evidence which provides substantial justification to assume something likely exists.

NOTHING in the universe is intangible - there is only a material reality. Sure, there may exist abstract concepts that don't have a corresponding physical embodiment, but even the abstract ideas that make up things like language, art, etc. are merely information arranged in a particular way through some kind of physical medium which has a direct association to either something physical or some other piece of information which is utilized to structure and organization interactions and thoughts among humans.

I don't hate gods either. I just wish people would be proud about the creativity of myths instead of fanatically asserting its infinite truth.

There is a force behind the things that occur in the universe, but they're physical laws, not some kind of sentient deity. There's no reason AT ALL to think that the universe requires some kind of conscious creation to exist.

We cling to the idea that consciousness defines the universe because we are conscious ourselves and most people have difficulty understanding the nature of reality outside of this framework. They assume because humans exist and are conscious and create things that the universe must be created, but there is no justification for this belief whatsoever. The reality is that the laws of reality define consciousness, not the other way around.

Maybe there are gods and they live from prayer, so the different religions are gods competing for the most prayer. In this case the abrahamic god would be a real cheater, because he founded three religions, the jews, who failed him because they don't missionate, then he created the christians, which did incredibly well in europe, but in order to also cover the middle east he also created the muslims, to get as many prayers as possible.

Jokes aside, if god is dependend on us to survive, why should we pray to him, by definition he is below us

Lol “the word of god” that’s fucking hysterical. The bible when written by men asshat.. a bunch of religious leader fought for years and years about what the bible was going to say and which parts to leave out. Check your facts reject

“ the word of gawd ” I’m still laughing

Attached: A4FC7022-534F-44C0-99DC-D3476B2AE574.gif (265x308, 1.95M)

Yeah but this is only a simple answer for people who don't want to think further, because if you think about it a little bit a god makes everything more complicated:
>Why has god created the universe
>Why did he make us so insignificant
>Why we (e.g. christians, jews, etc.) and not the others
>Why humas
>If god created us in his image, why is god an ape
>Why took it him so long to create us (13 billion years or so)

I personally think it has less to do with explainatory power and more about the fact that we humans don't like it if something doesn't have a purpose. The idea that we are just a side product of some uncontious process, who neither knows, nor cares about us is scary.
Like you always think people are watching you if you do something weird, even though no one gives a fuck about you. We humans want to be the center of attention.

Also the whole idea of not having a free will is really scary, thats why we think we have souls, because there can't be just electrical signals, this would mean that all we do is deterministic

How the fuck did discussion actually get somewhat good after the thread was moved to Cred Forums?

Attached: polite.jpg (1125x1035, 56K)

but there is no free will and everything we do is scripted

Or all of these separate gods were created to bring order to lawless men/humans.. religious texts sound like a “constitution” or “bill of rights” etc without having borders.

You know thats not how a phetus looks like, at least not at the time of abortion (12 weeks or so)

>Pic related, thats how it would actually look like
You wouldn't be able to distinquish it from a pigs phetus

This image is just for emotionaly manipulating people

Attached: first-trimester.jpg (1000x750, 80K)

Well there is some inherent randomness, like mutations are not deterministic, meaning there is no script but more of a probabilistic decision tree.

Still no free will, but it appears like we have free will, so we act accordingly anyway

Attached: Original-Tide-Box-57f2bec03df78c690f29b46e.jpg (960x1180, 128K)

Congrats on having a 14 year old's understanding of the cosmic "teapod" argument. Bertnand Ruscell would be proud

A good argument is a good argument. You still learn plato in Uni, even though it's thousands of years old, and everyone knows it

if you're going to make an argument, learn how to spell correctly

I think it’s more like people that think women deserve freedom of choice.

why did you have to write this retarded essay when you can literally say the words "burden of proof"

American evangelicals. you need to get your countrymen in line.

>women deserve freedom of choice.

lol no

Why? Because it was written down?
>T. Parkercuck

Inb4 seething cope

Because, if you don't know whats meant by burdon of proof, simply stating it will help no one.

It's like saying to some perpetuum mobile enthusiast "laws of thermodynamic". Without any further description he will simply dismiss it as some answer of someone who simply doesn't understand him (well bad example, perpetuum mobile enthusiasts are worse than any religious folks in their believe)

Sorry for not being native in english you fucktard

okay

"the person making the claim is the person who has to prove it. Otherwise, why don't you believe in unicorns?"

>23 week fetus
I guess it's hard to make a sell if you show the actual bean-sized thing.

People will believe what they want to believe and nothing you do will ever change that. Once you accept it, you'll realize how stupid it was to ever try. Instead, focus on cleaning up prayer in schools and keep fucktards from trying to inject it into government, not changing people's ideas, which as I said, is impossible.

the book itself isn't the proof, the book tells you where to find it.

spiderman isn't mean to tell you where spiderman is

Okay so where did you find the proof using the book?

This image proved what a fucking retard you are. Nearly all of history’s most intelligent people were highly religious, not to mention the vast majority of humanity as a whole.

The fact that you think religious people are religious because the Bible exists is pathetic. It’s hilarious that you think you’re smart.

nah he has got to be chindianigger

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!

Dude. I met Andrew Garfield. He was douche but I can confirm that he really exists.