BGS level designer, ama

BGS level designer, ama

Attached: 1200px-Bethesda_Game_Studios_logo.svg.png (1200x561, 42K)

What are you working on?

When is Fallout 5 and Elder Scrolls 6 coming out?

What is the biggest rumor floating around the work space?

Were cliffracers a joke or a serious way to make me not want to play morrowind

Do you enjoy working there or is it as crazy as they say?

How long have you been employed at bethesda?

Have you met Todd? Thoughts?

Starfield atm

Idk about that one

What's the vibe? Are the dev's into it or what? Should I cool my expectations?

I enjoy it

Since 2013

How do I get a job in vidya? I'm studying computer science in college right now. Is it worth the pay?

Can't say much, but we're enjoying it, there have been a couple of issues with the old engine, though. I say cool down just a bit

What's your favorite game right now and what games influence your work?

Take a mix of classes and teach yourself with tools. Also, remember that sometimes things you don't like will happen

How long does it take to develop a game like Elder Scrolls and Fallout?

Fuck you refund 76 you ass hole i hope your family gets cancer and dies.

Todd is a very good manager, he allows very good creative freedom. I promise you, the reason the games have fallen out of favor recently is not his fault.

How do I teach myself though? It's probably a stupid question, but I don't understand how people make side projects. Do you just follow tutorials or look at code and study it? I don't get it.

Always better to go in with lower expectations anyways imo. I'm glad to hear you guys are having fun with it. Im definitely look forward to playing.

My favorite games are Morrowind and New Vegas. I use pretty much all the fallout games to help me with ideas for environmental storytelling

That is very interesting. If you had to place fault who would you throw under the bus?

It depends. Usually three to four years

Why were the greaves removed in skyrim?
And why was the UI so bad?

Fuck yeah me too

Do you know of any plans for a new fo game?

The business side of it. ZeniMax and the like.

Definitely start with tutorials. I started out messing around with the Creation Kit, Unity, and some more things, then started learning code on different websites. YouTube is very helpful

As far as I'm aware, we're just on ES6 and Starfield atm

Well then fuck ZeniMax.

Have you messed with any next gen consoles? Favorites?

what is your favorite level of any game,ever?

There aren't really any rumors. But I can say this. No one really likes Emil, our lead writer

We have, indeed. Xbox and PS5 perform at about the same level

Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, Dark Souls 3

Oh shit that sucks. From what I understand hes been there awhile. What is it about him? Terrible to work with or lack of creativity or something?

Hired too many niggers, and they smell up the fucking office.

Have you ever been to the cloud district?

Whays your favorite thing to do in starfield so far?

Disorganized and creatively bankrupt. There's a reason our games always lack in main story and why lore is broken so often

oh what am i saying. of course you haven't

Exploration, we've done a good job in level design

Why is Fallout 76 a thing?
Did Todd develop brain cancer or something?

show timestamped proof or pic of asshole

Did you guys fix the fast moving spaceship cell loading thing?

No questions
Just...here. fucking keep it.
I'm done with Bethesda and it's bullshit

Attached: 1581226485166.jpg (500x500, 54K)

I figured. It's always good to keep bringing in fresh new talent. They just dont have the guts to let him go or what?

Nice generally my favorite aspect of fo games

Someone's been doing their research
It's about there

Why did your company shit on itself for Fallout 76?

What different challenges are presented in working with an open world game?

How do you find inspiration?

Any plans on bringing fallout 3 or new Vegas to the switch?

There's a lot of circle jerking with him and the bosses, he's not going anywhere

Will there be a building or CAMP style feature in starfield?

Thow some Easter eggs in starfield for us

The biggest challenge for me is keeping the experience fresh, not making it repetitive. I like to look at past games like the older Fallout games and such. Sometimes I'll just get decked by an idea out of nowhere. It takes a lot of time to shape a good world.

>There's a lot of circle jerking with him and the bosses,
sounds like a healthy case of Core Rot

Bummer. Hopefully he can understand hes an old man now and listens up a bit more.

Haven't seen anything like it yet. It may be a last minute decision

Can you tell us something very specific you personally worked on at bethesda without giving yourself away?

Just so I can go "hey that was user"

I heard there are gonna be 4 or so races, right? Can you give us a hint what one of them might look like?

one will be exclusively transgender.

Op this

Attached: 1579569885959.jpg (218x231, 12K)

I'm on the fence on if I want it in there or not. It became such a time consuming thing for someone with OCD like me but it did entertain for hours.

What's your opinion?

How comparable is it to the outer worlds? I honestly was underwhemled with the outer worlds in terms of things to do, i wanted more.

Hey, thanks for sharing. Could you also tell me, are there any cute women working there? Is the hiring for females preferential?

Is starfield next gen only?

You all lost

Attached: Screenshot_20200209-141928_Firefox.jpg (965x1217, 269K)

East City Downs
Wreck of the Northern Star
Vault 75
Vim Bottling Plant

You weren't happy with a short game with 5 enemies and 6 weapons?
The fluorescent cartoon graphics didn't do it for you?
Biggest let down of the decade

this please

Honestly, the only Outer Worlds has on it is story, and I'm an Obsidian fan

Reptile

dude how in the world did you get to be a level designer??? that's like the best of the best, what do i need to do to get a job like this?

I like it, but I'd prefer if they do it now, so it's actually refined

>Wreck of the Northern Star
was it you who made the raiders speak Norwegian lol

Start slow, mess around in the creation kit, then start making things in it, YouTube is your friend. Also, going to college is good, if you're able

Sweet dude. Did you do the Gary blocks in vault 75?

That part wasn't my idea, but I made the ship

I did, actually. It was a thing I did a couple days after the vault was finished

Story?
Colonists hidden for profit
Rescue or don't
The end

neat. also easy city downs is a pretty memorable spot

epic

The idea came from someone saying, "Hey, what if we have a horse race, but it's robots" And so it was

Haha no way! That was a good one. The Gary vault was epic. Love shit like this in games

Have you tightened up the graphics on level 3 yet?

The ship and the track are my favorite locations in the game :)

Are you ever going to get a new engine worth a shit or are you gonna release Starfield and ES6 on the same broken, buggy shithole that we've come to know and love from Fallout 76?

I felt like this was a true fo moment.

Do you still play the games that you worked on?

They're better than the other games, but still nothing to brag about

What's the question we should be asking you but aren't?

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

I do. Mods certainly help keep it interesting

for the love of god, dont let dungeons in tes6 loop right back to the beginning once you reach the end of the quest inside a cave or some other shit. constantly breaks my immersion

Which BGS division do I work at

Seriously though, y'all still have fans out here. Don't let the negativity get ya down.

Fake and gay.

If you actually worked for Bethesda you could tell us what Todd’s dick tastes like.

Pro tip: its the asshole of every one of his supporters whove purchased any of his aids games in the last half decade.

Tell me then, nigger faggot incel cuck: what does my asshole taste like?

Attached: DCD479C0-0839-4B7E-B1C5-73BB2825761D.jpg (1280x960, 286K)

I try my best to not do that. Sadly, some designers do it anyway

this. also don't load them up with a ton of light. go back to Oblivion-style dungeons that are actually dark and have no easy exit

No fuck that. I get so pissed off if there isn't a short and sweet way right back out when I'm done. I dont have all day to play games anymore.

Sounds like a personal problem

then play something more casual. it's because of you that legitimate roleplay in games is dead

Which BGS division do u work at?

I like the idea of dark and punishing dungeons. Sadly, sometimes my ideas are overruled

Lol, more casual? What.

The one in Maryland

>Fallout 76 was created while BGS Maryland was waiting for a new game engine for Starfield

True or false?

False
76 was made so ZeniMax can scam loyal fans. Most employees don't even like it

Did you work on 76 (or the wastlanders update) at all? If so is there anything you made that your especially proud of?

How's TES6 look'n?

I haven't done anything Fallout 76

Again. Fuck zenimax.

Todd hasn't said anything direct, but we all know he doesn't like it

Couple more questions then: does Zenimax want to elminate mods on their games and replace it with creation club or atom shop? And was there any scrapped fallout 4 ideas you wish made it in?

What's the biggest problem you guys are having with starfield right now?

This is good news

Try to work anti zenimax themes into future games

Will ES6 feature The Lusty Argonian Maid Vol. III?

get bethesda to finish quake champions you fuck. I have nothing else to live for.

I don't know about that, that'll probably be too much for everyone, including employees.
For the second part, I wanted to do more with the Railroad, but we ran out of time

Space is really buggy for some reason

I'll try to do it just for you

Thanks,
If it happens, we'll all think back on this and know your legit

I can see how that would be a problem. So I'll be floating around in space? In a ship? Jet pack?

Ships play a big part

When do you expect news about the new fo?

Upgrades? Customizations? Can I make it faster?

Probably after Starfield releases

Don't know yet

You sould do another ama when you get info. Thanks for the replies. Good thread if real.

I'll have the fastest ship in starfield eventually either way.

U mad?

Favorite character in starfield?

When will you all make a game thats not a buggy piece of shit or that has to have its fanbase spend 10+years to correct it so it runs right.