So wait

so wait...

I'm not sure I get it.

the Department of Justice is controlled by the president?

so basically Trump can get anyone out of trouble that he sees fit?

How is that not corruption? who the fuck thought of this? I thought the government is supposed to have checks and balances?

Attached: trump-stone-4.jpg (940x490, 147K)

Every President has the power to grant pardons and reprieves for federal crimes,

That power ought to reside with the judiciary or is the Presidential pardon just window dressing for a decision of an Appeal Court ?

Every president has pardoned people. Trump does it and suddenly it's an abuse of power thing.

While I'm not a fan of this news it was a wack investigation so I see it as the same as getting 10 years for 1 joint

>the Department of Justice is controlled by the president?
yes
>so basically Trump can get anyone out of trouble that he sees fit?
yes, but traditionally they aren't supposed to directly tell them to investigate/not, or else it generally looks bad
>How is that not corruption?
because he is chief executive
>who the fuck thought of this?
the founding fathers
If you don't like the typical norm breaking of trump, vote him out in november

>supposed to have checks and balances
It does. You may disagree with this, but this is what checks/balances looks like.

this has nothing to do with checks/balances

that is your opinion, not my reality.

>vote him out in november
and what's to say this kind of shit isn't done by the NEXT president? or the president after that? or the one after that?

We need a fucking constitutional convention.

Smarts... in my Cred Forums?? Surely not!

>constitutional convention.
If you disagree with the current situation, you would disagree with a convention. Unless of course, you get to dictate the terms.

uhh, the whole reason we would have the convention is if we found something was wrong.

you can't get to that point unless 2/3rds of the states don't already have that view.

Czechd
But you rekt urself

If you don't understand the basic structure of the government, you probably shouldn't vote.

hes the baby... gotta love him!

Attached: TsgwLJY.jpg (612x418, 54K)

well, see it was supposed to be impeachment as a remedy to it, though i think it will no longer be that way.

Except that he didn't use the Pardon privelage. It is argued that he is coercing the justice department to reduce the sentence so that it doesn't look like he's pardoning people close to is 2016 campaign etc, in order to avoid state/federal indictments when he's out of office.

I now believe you are willfully missing any and all points. Good luck in the future. I see no worthwhile reason to continue.
Time for you to take the prerequisite small minded victory lap.

Boeing has issued a stark warning about the impact of the deadly #coronavirus outbreak, saying there was "no question" it would hammer the aviation industry and the broader.

#BREAKING OPEC chops global oil demand growth forecast over #coronavirus

Earths check and balances are coming worry not

The DoJ is part of the executive branch.

No, they aren't supposed to be controlled by the president. When he fires a director during an investigation, it tends to be obstruction of justice. Here is the mission statement. No where does it say "bend to the president's wishes
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To enforce the law and defend the interests of the United States according to the law; to ensure public safety against threats foreign and domestic; to provide federal leadership in preventing and controlling crime; to seek just punishment for those guilty of unlawful behavior; and to ensure fair and impartial administration of justice for all Americans.

When injustice becomes this blatant, it's only a matter of time before people make their own justice

being stupid is a sort of check and balance

I mean the guy got himself impeached over the 5th place finisher in the New Hampshire primary

This. The guy fucked up on a statement and got it wrong in a trial that was all a scam from the beginning.
I'm not a huge Trump fan or anything, but the only people who actually believed any of that shit are far left Democrats. And I don't think they actually believed it. They just hate Trump so much that they'll say anything to get him out of office. It was their only chance to get into the White House before 2024.