I just watched Signs for the first time ever a few days ago. I thought it was ok

I just watched Signs for the first time ever a few days ago. I thought it was ok.

What are your thoughts on Signs? Do you like it or dislike it?

Attached: bY9lCUVUajpkKWlfjWF1mtXaSUp.jpg (1000x1500, 233K)

Its good

Believe me you like it more than you think. Otherwise you wouldn't even think about it twice. You made that thread so the movie is still in your mind being processed. Give it a few days and you'll watch it again. This time it will be an amazing experience.

that one alien scene that still haunts me, its not even scary now just perfectly scary for a kid.

It was alright. A few questions though.

How are aliens gonna see that the planet is literally covered in water and still go there thinking it's fine?

Also, wasn't it like a global thing? If you're going to have an operation on THAT large of a scale, why use only foot soldiers? There should be more alien artillery I'd think. Or at least more than a few aliens at one spot.

Finally, was it not raining anywhere on teh planet? Like the whole time they are there, no alien experienced rain and thought "hey lets tell the rest of us that this place is fucked lets get outta here, water falls from the sky."

I never read the book or anything I'm just trying to understand why the invasion even happened in the first place.

Finally,

Was kinda dumb

When that one alien grabbed the boy in the basement, fucking scarred me.

This

Now watch The Signal, it's what I felt Half Life's story should had been

i really liked it as a kid. saw it in theaters. this movie doesn't hold up though. it gets too silly. when the mom is pinned the tree and talking to Mel Gibson I laughed out loud.

Attached: Homerwich.jpg (201x333, 9K)

It was good. I liked 6th Sense better, but it was still MNS's second-best film.

It doesn't even have to be actively raining. Fog.. hell, just the moisture in the air.

Whole movie doesn't make sense

i think Unbreakable is the best. Sixth Sense gets pretty dull for long stretches.

maybe vapor doesn't hurt, but concentrated water does. maybe it's the unreliable narrator and it was really the minerals in the water, but the characters just new "must be water"

CRINGE so fucking CRINGE

Yeah, the ending was pretty stupid. If some organism were to evolve in such a way that water is so toxically reactive to its skin, there's no way it could survive on Earth.

That sort of absurdity makes me lose the suspension of disbelief that I need to stay fully engaged with a film.

we dont know the motives of the aliens, maybe they are starving on resources , on the brink of extinction themselves, maybe they come to earth knowing its risks

I liked it a lot... it's hard to find a good suspense horror that isnt a bunch of dumb ghost shit that's been redone a million times.

You should watch Fire in the sky or A Quiet Place if you haven't seen them yet

Should have tried diplomacy first then.

Move Children! Vamanos!

6th sense and unbreakable are the obvious top-2.

The interesting debate is the village vs signs for 3. I think the village was a better concept, but signs is a better movie.

Yeah? Let's test your theory:. Go breath H2SO4 fumes and report back...ya know, since it isn't concentrated in liquid form.

...if you squint your eyes and overlook the major plot impossibilities

12btw

I mean, you could say that about all 4 of them. They all require some suspension of disbelief.

Aliens are demons, the water was holy water (gibson was a priest in the movie)

Pay attention kiddos

It was holy water. Aliens are demons