Has anybody seen a dead body, personally, before? What was the experience like? Was it scary...

Has anybody seen a dead body, personally, before? What was the experience like? Was it scary, or were you less emotional about the sights and smells?

Attached: 152849105783.png (896x1382, 1.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

newsday.com/long-island/nassau/suspect-testifies-he-killed-pair-over-fake-cocaine-1.1578722
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've seen them at funerals, and I've seen someone who I'm pretty sure was dead on the street but I didn't stop to confirm. Not really scary, just morbid.

yes
not scary

Saw my brothers dead body, it didn't smell cause he recently died, it made somewhat sad

How was it not a scary experience, exactly? Was it just very sad?

What would be scary about it? They aren't going to come back to life and eat your brains.

saw a car accident happen when I was a kid, guy got ejected clean through his windshield. my mom pulled over to see if she could help and told me to not look when she got out, so obviously i looked immediately. he was sitting up on the shoulder and he was a fucking blood fountain, completely covered. my mom got back in the car when the ambulance arrived but he was dead, still sitting up in the same spot.

Nothing scary about it even as a kid (8-9), was just curious. I had already played doom/duke nukem/heretic and seen horror movies (my grandmother let me watch silence of the lambs by then for some reason) so it wasn't all that surprising to see someone covered in blood.

Attached: 1581305107337.jpg (310x232, 29K)

I guess I know that, but I don't feel that way, if it makes sense.

Similar thing to what I saw when I was 10. Except the guy was sprawled out on the hood of his car (had gone through the windshield). I was shocked that anyone could bleed that much. There was also another victim of the crash, a motorcyclist (there was at least 2 other cars involved), but the paramedics weren't paying any attention to him. He was, as an ex-cop friend would later describe it, lying in the street in "a position only the dead can attain".

I saw most of a leg and part of an arm once. I was more trying to figure out what parts I was looking at than being like "oh my god thats part of a person".
No real shock. Just an 'icky' feeling

But maybe that dosent count in the dead body sense so I dunno

My dad died in front of me, its not scary, its just weird seeing them with no life left in their eyes.
Its also weird as fuck how cold they are to touch

I was once driving down the motorway and saw a convertible a few cars a head of me swerve at full speed into the metal wire barrier, his car was low enough that the wire went through through his neck and at 80kmh its cut it right off. I turned around to see i could help and when i went down to his car i found that it was a regular from the pub i worked at back then. First time id ever seen a dead body and it was really quite gruesome, i was taken aback for weeks and when i think about it i can remember seeing his head in the backseat and his strapped in decapitated body still in the front. It really shocked me

A also saw another one: an old guy I knew as a regular at the local diner. He was a WWII vet, and had been on Utah Beach on D-Day. He had a Marine buddy who'd been on Okinawa, and they used to have friendly arguments about who'd seen the most shit during the war. He hadn't been by the diner in a few days and the waitress some of us (including the ex-cop friend) to go check on him, as he lived just up the street. There was a pretty rank smell when we got to his door, and we could see him through the curtains, sitting in his chair in front of the TV, which was still on. It looked like he's fallen asleep in his chair and never woke up. But it had been 3 or 4 days or so in August. Decomposition had set in, and his skin had turned black.
Years later, I visited someone who lived in the apartment next door, and I swear I could still smell the dead corpse smell.

I was with my mother when she died of cancer. The "lifeless eyes" thing bothered me, too.

I have a similar story, we were in Tahoe driving along and this asshole jukes past is in a convertible on icy roads. We joke about oh fuck we're going to pass that guy dead on the road.

Sure enough several miles later he'd flipped his little convertible, and there was about a 30 foot red smear on the road the used to be the dude's face.

I was like 13

I was driving through downtown LA once. Saw these EMTs trying to revive this fat nig that OD'd. They ended picking up his limp ass and driving him away, not hooked up to anything. I can only assume he was dead

Describe the smell

Sometimes people just dont understand that they shouldn't be fucking around on the road

Must of fucked you up

1. Guy crashed car into water in front of me and sank. Pulled him out, blue n white, cpr, lived, all good.
2. Chick got stuck under rock in rapid. 49min to extract. Token cpr. Felt a bit sad next day.
3. Walking in park, saw legs poking out from shrubs. Obviously dead, not entirely sure how I knew tbh. About to call police when they arrived. Took photos of cops taking photos of body. Darkly funny. Turns out he’d been huffing butane.

All v. short summaries.

decomp smells like decomp, if you've been around dead animals left out too long you know what it smells like. there was a sump by my old house that smelled like dead animal for weeks, every day i drove past it the smell would get into my fucking vents even if they were closed.

turns out it was several dead bodies, drug deal gone bad the dude chopped them up and threw pieces into the sump, and buried the other pieces at his mom's house.

newsday.com/long-island/nassau/suspect-testifies-he-killed-pair-over-fake-cocaine-1.1578722

Attached: 0IWOgJX.png (522x466, 368K)

police officer here. I’ve seen fresh and I’ve seen saturated.

Less emotional after the first. The first was a fresh suicide.

Thank you for your service.

I work in a hospital, and I see a dead body probably about every other day
It's creepy the first few times, but you get used to it after a while

Work for border force and get to see a lot of drowned people they get extremely bloated after a few days

I saw my dead grandad when he died on heart-attack when making moonshine, and my friend who died by going under heavy tractor. i was 11 back then it was pretty traumatic, but mostly annoying was the police( because investigating on it) always asking things. never went to therapist, maybe i should, but sometimes wheni am drunk those events come to haunt me

Attached: images.jpg (221x228, 5K)

It’s a privilege to serve, thank you.

Worked security at a hospital. For some fucked up reason it was also our job to take care of
very recently dead bodies. Have a few stories about bodies and spooks if anyone is still lurking.

Attached: 5011090_010318-ktrk-sketch-img.jpg (831x1024, 180K)

kys

Yes, I'm ready to read them.

I hear you.
Was a raft guide, involved with a lot of river rescue.
Body recovery sucks, especially when it’s someone you know.

Go on

Bah police arnt special. They spend 99% of the time doing paperwork, mental health checks and bouncer work for other govt departments.

Its not that risky and they don't really sole crime, health workers see more dead bodies. They arnt special either.

In terms of workplace deaths factory workers, truckers, construction workers have a much higher work death/injury rate then police.

Police work is extremely boring , a security guards job is more interesting.

Police are 100% not special.

We had a user who fucked a girl while she was ODing.. Diddent know he was fucking a corpse

*****Aren’t.*****

Yeah, saw my dad at the morgue the day after he died in a motorbike crash. I was pretty hollow up until that point, I wasnt really showing emotion. Until I saw him, thats when I lost it all, broke down into a heap.

Took my chance to say goodbye on my own, told him how much I would miss him.

kissed his forehead, I dont think you can be prepared for how cold they can be. and left.

I was 17 at the time, it was a week until my 18th

ok

thanks for stopping by

we appreciate it

we're a very long way from reddit

glad you could make the trip

Same goes for the military , they arnt special either. Every year in the USA 5,500 people die in the non military work place, about 50,000 are perm disabled.

In the military maybe 10,000 die in a big war, its nothing.

Police, army all that shit, its a choice and they are 100% not special and no one gives a fuck if they "serve" they arnt "serving" anyone. They are just workers.

Shit happens too everyone and no one cares.

faggot

Kys

Seen and touched plenty of dead relatives at funerals, both weird about it, just sad.
Also found my big fat load of a neighbor dead with his head hanging upside down off the bed, creeped me out at first but shit happens.

It was only creepy because his bloodshot eyes were staring at me though

ok doke

first story is when me and my partner had to take a 400 lbs lady who died about 30 min before down to our morgue. So we get up to her room and the nurse tells us she died of a brain hemorrhage or something like that. So we know we are already fucked. We push and pull this huge lady onto the gurney.Im now starting to smell her shit and piss. They always stay wrapped up in the bed sheep. So after a bit and some help from nurses we get her on and take her down.

We get down to the morgue freezer in the basement..yea fucking creepy. Problem is she is 400 fucking lbs. So we use the gurney arm..a machine that helps move bodies..so get her into the freezer. This freezer is a stacked unit with one on top and one on bottom. gurneys are rolled on a rail system in there. Terrible design

welp we use that and we also have to align the rails to her gurney to get her i. While im doing this my retard of a partner lets the gurney hanger go a tad bit and the top of her gurney (with her head) settle on my hand a bit. Not crushing it but pinning it. I yell at him to get it up but while he fiddles wiht the controls her brains or fluids or whatever was pink in her head..maybe lung fluid start dripping from her noise onto my arm. This shit smelled worse than...well shit. It started coming our more and more and faster until he got it up. My arm wasnt soaked but it went into my gloves and I almost threw up. We pushed her in and I spent the next hour decontaminating my hand and arm.

Gross stuff. But I got a few more of MAYBE ghosts and the eye lady

Attached: 1541964606582.jpg (555x739, 185K)

I'm 6'4" 340lbs. Have health issues, prolly gunna croak soon. I don't know why but, I fear them having issues lugging me out of the house. It's an awkward feeling because it's as if I'm embarrassed by the struggles they'll encounter while trying to get me down the stairs and out the door. It's like I think I'm going to wake up in the van all SHIT FELLAS MY BAD, when in reality I'll never have to face them. I won't even know I'm dead.

Attached: Opera Snapshot_2020-01-12_112557_www.youtube.com.png (637x541, 327K)

Did someone not be able to make into the armed forces. Poor little diddums

Bah, don't need too join the marines too be ready too kill people.

I worked as an maintenance electrician on electrical trains. Had to do a check-up on train accidents quite frequently and saw a lot of severed limbs. It's shocking at first but you get used to it after.

>Has anybody seen a dead body, personally, before? What was the experience like? Was it scary, or were you less emotional about the sights and smells?
Very sad sctually

is your health issues because your over 300 lbs?

When i was 13 I found a man hanging from a tree in a churchyard.
A few years ago i saw a cyclist killed by a twat in a ferrari, and that same year someone jumped in front of a train on my way home from work.

>join military
>get ptsd
>kys

seems not joining was the wise option

>join military
>earn near minimum wage
>dead-end job
>no fulfillment in life
>alcohol/drug addicted
>dies from liver cirrhosis at 30

Imagine not making shit decisions in life.

Nope, never seen a dead body.... the closest ive seen is my dying dad... was unconscious in hospital for a week with pancreatic cancer, was lying there with his mouth partially open and occasionally made grunting noises (im guessing it was from the unbearable pain, but he was completely knocked out).... i was so sad i didnt want to see the final breaths so i didnt go in the room... i dont know how to grieve properly!

Are you really asking me that question and not jumping to the conclusion? 340lbs + health problems is obvious!

>either nice guy or sarcasm

Have you encountered any suicides by trains? I've been on a train when someone killed themselves on the rails. Didn't see it but it was still a little unsettling.

smelled rotten garbage and found the neighbor DS in a pool of blood and his cats chewing on his flesh. Seen a kid at his own bday party get hit with a baseball size piece of hail. killed him instantly. Had a swordfish kill a guy when we swordfishing back in the day fishing off Georges Banks. Kept him on ice for 3 weeks before we steamed back for the mainland

Yes. I have seen a dead body. It was horrifying. I placed a Grandmother of the Year plaque in her coffin and quietly sobbed my way back to my seat.

I don't drive trains myself. I only did the electrical maintenance of them. Which means electrical motors, control electronics, lights, etc. So no, I haven't encountered any suicides by trains.

After the police & laboratory has investigated the accident, firemen hose most of the parts off. When it gets to the workplace it gets hosed down properly again. After that I do a routine check-up to see if the accident broke any important components (which they actually do msot of the time, bodies wreck full fronts of trains sometimes at high speed). So it's uncommon for me to encounter bodyparts, but I have seen some arms and a head with muscles/arteries still attached to them. The smell is disgusting though.

>I've been on a train when someone killed themselves on the rails

Shit is tough, definitely when a body get under the train right in the middle and you keep hearing it rattle under the cables and mechanical components.

I really wanna get into forensics and/or pathology but I haven't been "lucky enough" to see a body yet. I don't think it would phase me unless I knew them.

Attached: b36e4ea.jpg (750x1334, 78K)

no im asking. Ive had an old aunt who had health problems those problems forced her to be home and all she did was eat. She got fat on account of the health...not the other way around.

If you are worried about your weight do what my 370 lb brother did. He was pretty much dead,but tried one last shot by sequestering himself on our family landdown south . On the land was a VERY rustic cabin. No electricity,no running water etc etc. He said he wanted to go out there for a year. He quit his job (had alot of money saved up) He said he didnt want anyone to check on him from the family. He said he is going out there to die or get better. All communication he really had is the delivery guys who delivered him water supplies and food...low fat,healthy and shit. He told me he almost went insane a few times form isolation and losing his food addiction. He came back home, 200 lbs lighter. He said it was the hardest thing he did. Now he is an athletic trainer for a small sports team. Fit and everything...retrained his entire mind.

I cant tell if you are pro or anti joining..im tired so thats not helping

Anti.

I went to the coroner's office once. I was in a room that had at least 15 dead bodies in it and it didn't really bother me at all except the fact that the sanitation chemicals they use smells like shit. One thing that was actually kind of funny is that they have these little body bags for babies that are like little trash bags.

good man

thanks for clearing that up.
fucking faggot kys.

Pedophile

>nice guy
Wow you're legit. Sounds like your bro is a genuine mountain man. Do I have to do all that cabin shit or can I just hit the treadmill?

Attached: 14 - Claws for Alarm.avi_snapshot_01.27_[2019.03.19_16.36.25].jpg (640x464, 40K)

A gunshot suicide outdoors and a kid who was on the back of a bike that fell to the concrete with no helmet on. Both cases the event had already taken place, so i just saw their dead bodies and no, not that traumatizing for me tbh.

shit sorry man, what was the cause, did it hit you right away?, how old was he

I work in a nursing home, and have now seen several dead bodies. The first one wasn't disturbing, but it felt kind of morbid. It made me consider my whole mortality more than anything else I've seen.

Attached: Dederekt.jpg (1044x410, 271K)

Attached: Decomposing Penis.jpg (2048x1152, 490K)

Attached: 2FopsFixin2Fuk.jpg (1750x1344, 305K)

I work at a medical school. My office is next to the anatomy lab where the staff prepare bodies for study. They freeze them, then cut them up with a bandsaw. We have arounf 40 bodies in different stages of disassembly.

If evidence of an interesting disease is found, that part is disected, and preserved for an example.

My job is to film the disections and surgeries. Disection is way cleaner than surgery on the living. I've never seen the body of anyone I've known alive.

you should see a therapist man, sorry for your loss

When they cut into tumors do they have an outer skin that snaps/pops when you break the seal? Like a Sausage?

Sorry, super hungry right now.

Yes, found my father dead. He was only dead for about 12 hours, there wasn't much of a smell.

no,he is def no mtn man. He just had to be away form the vices that made him eat and be depressed. He loved games and tv so out there where he didnt have that he learned to like watching a fire or hearing nature. He enjoyed watching the lake near there too. Like I said, he told me he almost went insane..like he said he would start to talk to himself and even have mental breakdown from time to time. He also said suicide was a big thing out there...but he said one year. He will try or die out there. It took him a long time once he was back to get healthy. Lots of training and discipline. But since then I dont think ive seen him get seconds on food ever.

I dont know about you but you seem fatalistic enough you need to break off. If you really think death is soon becuase you are overweight a drastic move is needed. Some people go to a place where they MAKE you get healthy..but that costs thousands and those people might not always be there. My brother broke from EVERYTHING that is common today. The only thing he had was a phone out there and he had a guy take off all the numbers beside 911. I mean we really thought he was going to die. My mom was crying and people told him not to go. He likend it to the Godfather guy who said that they would throw a big party then slit their wrists. I imagine its what he had in mind if he failed. He was ready to accept death like you are, You could always rent a place in the middle of nowhere,if you think you could die and are ok with it..its worth a shot. My brother told me since he was just ready to die why not do anything to see how it goes...the worst that could happen is death. One of his friends had a similer problem but with drugs. That guy buckled but showed huge improvement until one of his cock sucking delivery guys was a fucking dealer on the side and started selling him shit.

Attached: 1549709564317.jpg (584x657, 231K)

I used to be a gravedigger and then I got into being a assistant mortician just see what it was like. I've seen quite a few corpses and they're all the same. It really makes you realize that we're all just meat sacks. The process of embalming and preparing a body for a viewing isn't something most people would want their loved one going through if they knew how it all worked.

I also learned how the funeral business works and how much money they sucker people out of. I made quite a bit of money out of that side job.

I saw a guy die once, I was just overwhelmed with the feeling of that must suck.

It's creepy.

The worse is when someone dies in front of you. All of a sudden you are alone. Someone was there, and now you're alone in a room with a corpse.

And there is nothing you could have done to help them. Death looks painful.

Same

Like frozen meat, stiff...

Attached: 1568405209011.webm (336x600, 1.94M)

Than you for servicing my ego with your obsequiousness

Attached: plebbit go there.jpg (396x382, 88K)

old lady at work killed herself due to sickness and shit. She was still warm when we found her but it wasn't scary. just, weird

>join military
>earn near minimum wage
>dead-end job
>no fulfillment in life
>alcohol/drug addicted
>dies from liver cirrhosis at 30 after racking up massive taxpayer-funded medical expenses

You left out an important detail.

Disected a couple in college. Not sure what the big deal is. Just sucks walking at work stinking of phenol.

Was a cop for 20 years and now I work at a hospital. I see at least 10 a week now.

>Has anybody seen a dead body, personally, before?
Yes, several
>What was the experience like? Was it scary, or were you less emotional about the sights and smells?
It's a dead body. All were fresh, so no smells. I can say that closing the corpse's eyes doesn't work (tried it on my father) which is why they used to use pennies in the old days.

The first was when I was at school many, many years ago and a motorcyclist died in a collision with a car as we were coming out - having seen him die I ended up directing traffic around the accident. Since then, grandmother x2 (I ended up as a coffin-bearer to one - those fuckers are heavy when you're in your early teens and one of six full-grown men who have to hoist it onto your shoulders), uncle, father, brother...I think that's it. There may have been one or two more.

Jfc TO, motherfucker

Worked as a Pallative Carer in a Hospice and in the community, all pretty calm deaths, death breath, death crackle, breathing slows, waxy skin, eyes whiten, they pass. Worst cases I've seen at the Hospice were cancers of the head or throat hemorrhaging, one case drowning on his own blood, I've been told is exceedingly rare to see.

I'm a Paramedic now and although we still see death it hasn't been anything that has scared me, or made me think of it more than a day or so. Suicides stick with me for a little while but again they're normally messy, only seen 2 but child deaths are mostly hate towards the parents or care givers regardless of how the kid died.

For some reason the choice of 30 for dying of cirrhosis cracked me up. Funny and true.

A year back i was driving to ohio and stop in georgia for some snacks at a krogers. There was a well dressed black man that had a seizure in front of me. He did some inhuman movements and was projectile vomiting . After i walked up to him and he looked at me.
>all of a sudden his eyes go all rhe way back in his head till i could see the tendonds behind the eyes

after that me and another guy tried picking him up. But his body was completly noodled and was very difficult even though he probly only weighed 120 lbs.

Crazy thing is he had a lottery ticket in his hand. But i was so numb and blanked out i didnt even think about it. Made for a shitty drive 14 hour drive.

Attached: FB_IMG_1581538034798.jpg (750x605, 32K)

Is it too late to hear about the eye lady?

You don't understand it until you experience it. I really hope those who haven't, don't. I've never been the same personally.

Paramedic. Ive seen countless. Some are smelly.
Once we got called to remove a body from a trailer in the deep south mid summer. Last time guy was seen was 3 months prior.
Smell this guy from the beginning of his driveway. Walk in bugs flying everywhere. Approach body. Bloated huge man skin black from rot. Sitting in computer chair. Puddle of liquid skin and rotten blood unddr him. Lay body bag out. Pull his chair over with a lasso of oxygen tubing. Dude explodes into body bag. Viscera everywhere. I vomit. My partner laughs. I walk outside coughing. Eventually zip the fucker up and slide him outsidd and transport to the incinerator holding.

As far as scary. Sometimes theres an overwhelming sense of peace when someone passes. Other times there is a thick and heavy atmosphere of dread or hatred idk its hard to explain but you can feel something deep and powerful, can bd good or bad

besides driving past accidents and shit I've seen four that I can remember. one in hospital, a suicide, and two fatal OD's

Oh and i was making 9.50 an hour and working 72 hours a week. No insurance. I love helping people in my job but its honestky not worth it. First Responders are treated disgustingly by our country. The largest ambulance company in the world was paying medics 13 and hour in Seattle. They unionized and are making progress now. We must take our country back from the billionaire class frens. Fight.

>Has anybody seen a dead body, personally, before?
Yes.
>What was the experience like?
It was my friend's brother and it was weird knowing that he is not alive anymore. Like i was with him last week and now he's gone.
>Was it scary, or were you less emotional about the sights and smells?
No it wasn't.
I was a bit sad cause my friend was so attached to his brother and now he's gone.
And no. No smell.

Suicides are freaky. Espescially hangings imo. Something about gravity still making them sway back and forth and move makes it much weirder.

saw a dead hobo on the nyc subway
nobody even gave a fuck
new york is a fuckin shithole

Recently found my cat dead on the floor of my bedroom. Not a person but felt like it to me. It's weird thinking about the day I brought her home ten years ago to burying her. fuck knows how she died but her tongue was bloated and hanging out the side of her mouth.

I'm sorry for your loss. The coldness is something crazy, i think it's proof of the fact that we're vessels or shells and once we leave, we're gone onto the next step in the Master's plan. I found her on the couch, her eyes were open and her mouth was hanging open. I think the mouth and blue tongue is what got to me, and the coldness when I held her hands. It was her, but it was no longer her if that makes sense? It was upsetting, shocking and sad all at the same time but I try not to remember. Still, it's a cold shock. Especially when i saw her blue eyes. Frozen in time, but as I said, her but not her. I cut a piece of her hair off as a keepsake but ended up throwing it away as I thought it was just a weird thing to hang onto. I hope to see her again oneday. All the loved ones i've lost, including pets. Jesus is Lord.

Guys, take note. It's cold, cold as ice almost. Not at all cool, literally cold to the touch... horrible.

You killed them though. *slurp*

Attached: 1581086618938.jpg (630x686, 45K)

neighbor lost all his money to an investment scam, went out in his back yard and shot himself. Guy was a tough Vietnam vet and pretty good guy. I always think of him when I see one of those ads about how many vets kill themselves everyday

I always wonder if older people like him are included in those statistics

Found the 12 year old edgelord

Sorry for your loss user just lost my mom to cancer in august of 19