Why do people not know how to record with their phones?...

Why do people not know how to record with their phones?? TURN THE FUCKING THINK 90 DEGREES! I'm so sick and fucking tired of seeing first hand footage on the news of some dipshit not knowing how to record and the whole thing looking like a Vectrex video game system. TURN YOUR FUCKING PHONE HORIZONTALLY. TVS ARE HORIZONTAL, COMPUTER MONITORS ARE HORIZONTAL, CINEMAS ARE HORIZONTAL

Attached: istockphoto-1061423402-1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dechvhb0Meo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipse_dixit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Eh, in rare cases the taller frame can help capture the event better, but generally I agree.

have you ever thought that its easier to hold a phone 1 handed while its vertical?

TikTok must drive you batshit crazy then.

You're mad over literally nothing.

Attached: Screenshot_20200214-085921_YouTube.jpg (2280x1080, 257K)

retard

Yes, im mobile filming for cinemas.

Movies*

he’s talking about videos not photos sperg

say "no" to vertical videos.

This video is relevant OP. Vertical Video Syndrome youtu.be/dechvhb0Meo

Movies arent photos dumbass. I'm making fun of you for not being an American. We say movies here, never cinema.

You know what REALLY makes me mad?

THE CAMERA SENSORS ARE SQUARE!
LITERALLY EVERY VIDEO RECORDED BY A PHONE IS CROPPED FOR NO REASON!
THERE WOULD BE NO NEED TO TURN THE PHONE AT ALL IF IT DID NOT CROP THE FULL IMAGE!

Niggers going to nigger

> easier to hold a phone 1 handed while its vertical?
No.
>literally nothing.
Still no.

>Yes, im mobile filming for cinemas.
You're shooting for SOME kind of screen.
All screens, even phones work in landscape mode.
Except for phones, most screens are landscape ONLY.

But the bigger issue here is that almost anything you shoot, you're wasting half the frame on sky and grass in landscape mode.
There's a REASON screens are landscape mode.
Except for a talking head, almost anything you'd shoot is framed better in landscape (horizontal) mode.

Attached: explaining.jpg (1920x1080, 138K)

>TURN THE FUCKING THINK 90 DEGREES
OK

Attached: 90degrees.jpg (417x428, 17K)

>wasting half the frame on sky and grass in *PORTRAIT mode.

Attached: 1580769046421.webm (368x640, 1.83M)

this might be the most retarded thing I've ever seen.
american companies kill them instantly of the sorting conveyor and then sell the resulting chick slurry.
this is both cruel and a fucking waste of resources.

Attached: 1532123134739.jpg (960x499, 129K)

I remember when phones didn't rotate your video so filming horizontal just made for a sideways video

Attached: 1580823340803.webm (404x718, 1.06M)

Yeah. Completely bonkers.

Hoes mad

How do people not know how to spell thing ?

There are many benefits to recording vertically.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipse_dixit

Attached: 1EJUlqy.jpg (460x460, 38K)

Fair enough.

1) Composition. In many instances, a horizontal composition is inferior to a vertical one. For example, you're recording a person and the environment is simply not of interest. By using a vertical composition, you can get closer to the person without including unnecessary and confusing information. It's also a great way to control what the viewer sees through shapes (see blocking). This is why most portrait shots are vertical.

2) Phones and pivot monitors. Vertical video makes more sense on phones and pivot monitors. You may enjoy sitting in front of your computer monitor, but do not underestimate the number of people who watch video on the go. Vertical videos are great for picture in picture, meaning that you can consume content while working without worrying about the video being too small for comfortable viewing. I personally have three monitors, one of which is vertically aligned. I use this for writing or Spotify, but sometimes it's nice to watch videos on it as well.

So there are reasons.

I think the main factor it comes down to is how people watch these types of videos.
If its on your phone, then nobody cares because it it conforms to how most people brows shit on their phones, vertically
If you are on a computer then you don't like them because then 3/4 of your screen is black.

Nah bro vertical video allows people to consume your content via the phone. Majority of social media content is consumed via phones and only coomers use horizontal widescreen layout.

Normal people hold their phones vertically. Deal with it.