What's your thoughts on Bill Hicks Cred Forums?

What's your thoughts on Bill Hicks Cred Forums?

Attached: Bill_Hicks_image_opt.jpg (233x328, 14K)

he dead

Dead

Don't you mean this guy

Attached: alex-jones.jpg (968x681, 40K)

funny

Samefag

Seems I've made a mistake by not being more clear about my question. Fuck it

What's the correlation between Alex Jones and Bill Hicks? I saw as I was searching for a picture of Bill Hicks, Alex Jones was also in the search bar thing

bill hicks was unfunny

the people who liked him liked him for his politics, not because he was funny

Saying somebody is unfunny is not a fact. Guess what not everybody agrees with you not everybody agrees with me either

fag

Agreed

Not as good as Stanhope

that's Russell Cole

He was de-platformed a while back for saying Sandy Hoax was a fake school shooting.

>durr hurr, i like clapping like a seal in support of trite political observations that i believe in like a religion

he's bill maher, but fucking dead

follow his example and get cancer

>thread asks what Cred Forums thinks of shit dead guy "comedian"
>cries like bitch when he hears an opinion he doesn't like

Honestly never laughed at his material. I can see the appeal though. Hes kind of a cult favorite. I think he was good for his time but looking through the lense of modern editorial comedy he just doesnt do it for me.

You're pulling the same shit, you self-affected retard.

bill hicks faked his own death, created a new persona, which is none other than Alex Jones.

>i can't say anything in defense of hicks's "comedy", so i'll just cry about other posters

I remember in one of his bits he ended it with something along the lines of “if the human race all worked together we could explore the stars.” I’m guessing had he known his fate he would’ve said we should work to cure cancer as that ultimate goal for humanity

You're still doing it lol

You're whining far harder than a simple
>fag
response. Self awareness is key

>i'm too stoopid to say anything substantive

>i'd suck off bill hick's corpse for a cheeseburger

He was way funnier than Bill Maher. When you look at any comedian, or any performer for that matter, you have to look at what his peers were doing at the same time of his activity. His stuff is a little stale now, because everyone's seen it, but at the time, he was fucking rough dude. If you thought you were "woke" at the time, and considered his stuff shitty, you were completely in left field. He was brutal, tore the ass out of hacks, and the establishment. You know you were hitting the right notes if you could deliver a perfectly clean set and the networks were still afraid of what you had to say. He burned shit to the ground with zero fucks given, like every night was his last night. Everyone was afraid of getting in his crosshairs and being the subject of a rant, being called a sellout, which is why he went for the biggest guy in the prison yard and ripped him to pieces, Jay Leno. That Leno bit is still savage thirty years later. Because everyone knew Leno sucked all the important dicks to get his gig, he was a backstabber. So Hicks would go out every single night and do the Leno bit and tear Americas Sweetheart to fucking shreds. He couldn't care less if he was blackballed from NBC, permanently. And in a time when theres basically only three main channels, that takes a lot of balls.

Legend

I think maybe Doug Stanhope is his closest successor today.

this is exactly what i mean about hicks and his fans

there's not even a suggestion that he was funny in your post; it's just all this bill was so brave, bill spoke truth to power bullshit

if are a comedian, being funny is job number one; good ones can manage some insight with the humor; but if you aren't fucking funny, you're doing it wrong

he was one of those world-weary guys who thought he was smarter than everyone else and that's who he appeals to: people who think the world is a fucked up mess but think everyone else is to blame

So, he had political opinions that varied from yours, and therefore he wasn't funny. See also x(actors, musicians, authors) should keep their opinions to themselves and their art also sucks.

>t. Andy Kaufman

I agree.

I laughed. Funny is subjective and very personal. A lot of his crowd laughed, and a lot were shocked. He did speak truth to power. If you've never been in a small room with a big personality, it can knock you back a little. First comic I ever saw was Joey Diaz, and I had no idea who he was, in 2004. He tore that room to pieces, and I was almost scared of him. He fuckin rattled me bruh. I expected the jokes, like you'd see on Letterman. This guy came out on fire. If you don't know, sometimes you just sit there dumbstruck.

Where you see Uncle Joey? Story about the show?

Any time someone says people of note I.E. Celebs, Musicians etc.. should keep their political opinions to themselves it is basically translated to "I don't agree with it and it bothers me they're bringing attention to a view I dislike." It's like how rednecks got hella mad at the Dixie Chicks for hating on bush, but if Kenny Chesney had said fuck Obama they would've been tearing the staples center down son.

one of the many gods of comedy, what else needs to be said?

this

not really

i'm not a fan of this kind of ranty political thing regardless of the politics; same kind of reaction to Carlin or Louis Black

Hicks and Carlin made a career out of explaining the obvious to the retarded. They both had decent moments as comedians but without that novelty they'd be relegated to some lower tier.

Both kinda left/centerish. How about the angry white victimhood of Nick DiPaolo?

Attached: facepalm.jpg (517x373, 34K)

not really my favorite either; i thought he was good in tandem with Patrice O'Neil (sp?) and Greg Geraldo on Tough Crowd because there was a mix of political views, not just his, and it wasn't over-intellectualized; but i wouldn't pay to see DiPaolo

In a little shit place that was a ballroom restaurant near Scranton PA, they'd use the room for weddings and stuff. On one Friday a month for about a year or two, they did comedy night. I jad just gotten divorced, and was dating this girl from NJ who I met in a chatroom, the whole deal was sleazy but she was a good person. She was super raunchy. So she came to visit one weekend, and in the paper, I see this ad for comedy night, and I'm like lets go. She's down for anything. So we go, and it's like $15 to enter, and the MC does five, then introduces a guy who does 15. He's funny. MC comes back, roasts him a little, does another five, brings the next guy. Another fifteen. MC comes back, and introduces the headliner, Joey Fuckin Diaz! Crowd goes yay. He comes out coked to the gills, about 350 pounds of pure anger. Calling everybody cocksuckas, the place is a dump, we're all a bunch of idiots but hey, he'll tell a few jokes to the rubes. Did everybody pay, cause I ain't doing this shit for FREE!, cocksuckas!. I got coke to buy and waitresses to bang, yeah you honey, no, not you... YOU! Yes, YOU! all that kinda shit. He was sweating and yelling, did a half hour. I was like, what the fuck is happening? I thiknk this guy is gonna beat up the crowd. Then he tels this joke about a truckstop whore who lost her coke, and he's fuckin her in the ass, and there it is, he sees a chunk of tinfoil. So he pulls it out, and she had an eightball in her ass, wrapped in tinfoil. So he kept it. He paid her twenty bucks to fuck her in the ass, and got $80 worth of coke out of it. Fuckin Pennsylvania bitches! Everybody basically sat there like HOLY CHRIST. Then he tells everyone to go fuck themselves, says he got shit to do, and walks off. Then he's standing in the asile and yelling DON'T YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES EVEN KNOW HOW TO CLAP? MOTHERFUCKER, WHO BOOKED THIS SHIT!! and crowd started clapping. He was legit weird and like I said, kinda scary.

OK. Sorry. Had you pegged for a Cred Forumsack. They have pretty limited entertainment options over there as most 20th and 21st century artists don't pass their purity test.

Thanks man. About to listen to a JRE with him as the guest.

Ya, glad to tell it. The funny part that came much later, Rogan started his pod about 2010. I start watching it on vinmo. One of his first shows, he introduces Uncle Joey fuckin Diaz! and I'm like I KNOW THAT GUY! thats the psycho I saw six years ago! Holy shit! And I've been hooked ever since.

I mean he is Cuban so the coke thing is a given.

Ah yes, much like your hero, you have little of substance to say.

I liked his McHammer

Carlin actually intentionally pushed the boundaries in an effort to fight censorship and won paving the way for comedic free speech on multiple forms of broadcast. Suck a dick retard.

>edgy iconoclast
>secretly loves Dane Cook

And yet pushing boundaries and fighting censorship aren't the same thing as being funny. Some of these guys prioritized other stuff over being funny.

>I didn't get/appreciate their brand of humor therefore it wasn't funny

it's funny how ao many of you keep selling these guys' virtues in terms of something else other than being funny, then get pissed when that's pointed out

Best in class
Died like a fag because couldnt handle not being given money and cum to slurp by the jews
Sad
Also alex jones

>politics
It's metaphysics, NPC

I listened to a lot of comedians in high school
I was a poor sad boi, and I listened to Paul Mooney, George Carlin, Bill Burr, Dave Chappelle, Doug Stanhope, Patton Oswalt, anyone and everyone.
But Bill, he like got me, he was funny in a way that really spoke to me, and as much as I love other comedians, he's the only reason I do stand up, and make an effort to get out there and have fun sometimes.
He's just some guy doing what he loved, and that's why I write and do the things I think are fun.

So in short, I loved that fucking poet.

spoken like a true bill hicks fan

You haven't seen much of Carlin's shit if you think he wasn't funny. It's just as likely you have bad opinions as it is he's not funny lol

You are to blame, cocksucker

Ok NPC

sorry, just don't find the wiseman delivering a lecture approach to comedy funny

he got a new job being alex jones

Thats like saying Jimi Hendrix just played a series of notes, any asshole can do it. Whats the big deal? A lot of people find the funny of the slaying of the sacred cow. Its like holding an inflated balloon and not knowing if its gonna pop or squeak a little. Watch any old rock you really like, I like SRV a lot. Sometimes people would watch and when the song was over, they'd be kinda dazed. You can see the audience trying to process, figuring out what to do, then they start to applaud. I saw the drummer from Phish once play a vacuum cleaner, and half the audience was hooting, and one guy up front turned around and stood on his seat and yelled at the whole crowd SHUT THE FUCK UP! and they did. And then Fishman played the fuck out of that vacuum cleaner. He started doing all sorts of squeaky shit with it, through the mic that had phase and delays on it. It sounded like pure acid. And it was an actual song, because the rest of the band would kick in or lay back or twinkle the piano at specific times. It was a real, written song.

oops not supposed to know that

>You haven't seen much Carlin.

Yeah that's what I said.

Dude.you are retarded
Sorry, it's incurable
I read all your posts ITT

I don't really like stand up where it's a guy on the stage talking and saying funny things. I prefer when they say things I agree with.

I'm not acting like they were some kind of prophet or whatever faggotry you're trying to project on to me. I'm acting like they were great comedians, which they were. You don't find them funny? That's your issue.

>i saw a man play a song on a vacuum; your opinions therefore are invalid

ok

you should keep repeating yourself like this; an assertion about a stranger becomes more and more convincing the more you say it

>why won't people stop saying things i don't like?!?

Attached: 6C10637C-B8A5-4650-9B5F-BA1C2480C752.gif (200x200, 63K)

He's comedy is quite dated. If took his entire body of work he only had about 45 minutes of material. But it was funny and poignant at the time.

Funny as fuck!
He left us too son.
Prostate cancer is a bitch!
MEN! GET YOURSELF CHECKED!

3500 people liked it, therefore your opinions of what is a valid artform are for you to decide for yourself. Make an attempt to allow everyone else the same respect. If you don't like it, that doesn't mean everyone shares your opinion, or yours is more valid. Its a free country. Don't go. Don't boo in the middle of everyone elses enjoyment, or dis-appreciate it. But how you genuinely feel about it doesn't change anyone elses appreciation, whether you think it's stupid, or amazing, or pointless. Only they as individuals can determine how they feel about it. In this case, even though it was weird as fuck, everyone seemed pretty impressed. In that same vein, how you feel about Hicks being a barn burner doesn't impact the event that happened to those people, in the moment. My experience with weirdness and strange shit, if you like it, great. If you don't like it, why bother telling a bunch of people who liked it, it was garbage? Everyone decides for themselves. Perhaps just don't return to an event repeatedly to tell people you didn't like it. Thats antithetical and negative to not only yourself, to continue to revisit, but to others who find an appreciation for it. Just go to the shit you DO like. Why spend time on shit you DON'T like, over and over?

>If took his entire body of work he only had about 45 minutes of material.
Thats fucked up, because I just counted about 45 hours of material in his wiki discography. Between official releases, audio albums, video specials, bootlegs, compilations, and most road comics have much more club stuff they just kick around bits and pieces and throwaways.
>fuckin 45 minutes, lol

Considering Denis Leary pretty much RIPPED HIM OFF. I'd say Bill Hicks is a fucking Legend. The same way Mitch Hedberg was. So fuck off with your shitty opinions of Bill

These are the type of constructive comments I like to see

We have the cure for cancer. Problem is we would rather live with the chance of getting it, then live how we should, to keep it away. Which is understandable, a brain built on patterns has a hard time making new paths to understanding when it thinks it already does.

>if you don't like it, you have to remain silent; my small testes demand this safe space

Based and gave me my first real red pills.

Overrated. Funny, but not as funny or as controversial as everyone thinks that he is. The reason people think that is because he's dead. I enjoy his humor, but none of it ages as well as say Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, or George Carlin.

a good man

OP here
If you ever get famous, mention this post and swear on my life I'll pay and watch all your shows

you can't be this thick

he wasn't saying that hicks literally had 45 minutes of material; he was saying he had 45 minutes that was worth a damn

he could be wrong about that, but counting up the minutes/hours of total material is a daft response

self important douchebag.
Top 5 GOAT as far as handling hecklers go, but like, he didn't tell jokes, just got angry all the time.
Gave no fucks and made a legacy all his own, credit where credit's due.