Is it possible to get meds prescribed by a psychiatrist without going to therapy?

Is it possible to get meds prescribed by a psychiatrist without going to therapy?

Attached: medicines.jpg (800x500, 99K)

It depends. Are you a misogynistic white supremacist KKK fag? The answer is gonna be no because you need therapy. If you're normal though, sure. :L

>Are you a misogynistic white supremacist KKK fag?
No. If I were, I would have already killed myself.

Therapy is too hard for me, and I usually end up dropping out, but I can't go on without meds, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get them prescribed to me, because it's difficult for me to actually talk with professionals about this.

Attached: youre-the-kind-of-crazy-meds-cant-fix-3604894.png (500x373, 70K)

I got prescribed from my doctor after 1 visit. I mentioned my symptoms, he asked if I’d be willing to take meds, I said yes, and he gave me the script. Never had to go to therapy or tons psychiatrist. These pills saved my life.

That sounds cool. Was he a regular medical practitioner or did you have to make an appointment with a psychiatrist?

Yeah they'll keep you topped up if you tell them you're fine on your dose and you need a refill.

Then I suppose I'll try to ask for meds. A medical practitioner should be enough, right? Do you think I should tell the doctor I have worst symptoms that I actually have to have a higher chance to get prescribed?

Attached: DBC-black_1400.png (1400x1400, 356K)

Also depends what drugs you want. Anti-depressants, sure. Some will go up to Xanax. Need heavier meds you'll probably have to see a shrink.
Don't bump up your symptoms. If he believes you're suicidal all bets are off.

I don't know what type of drugs there are, my biggest problem is anxiety, and I can't barely get out of home during the day because of fear of strangers looking at me.
I'm not suicidal, but I can't function in society.

my gp got me onto mirtazapine, I only saw a psychiatrist to get my diagnosis.

How long was it between you making the appointment and the time you got the pills? What is mirtazapine? Does it have too many side effects?

>this

I mean, I'm a fag, but I'm not mysogynistic and I didn't join the KKK so far

theres this new shit called internet. try it sometimes.

Cred Forums is on the internet, but if you know some web pages about what OP should expect for his first meeting with a psychiatrist, please do share

I made the appointment, got my prescription and got the pills on the same day.

Mirtazapine is a regular anti depressant/ssri. It makes you hella sleepy, which in my case helped me regulate my sleep schedule. it has a bunch of side effects listed, but i've experienced none, except for the sleepyness.
I can't say anything about the anti depressant effect, since I'm on it for only 4 days.

Meds aren't gonna help you in the long term without addressing your problems psychologically faggot, especially if it is only anxiety you have and no other symptoms.

If it is early stages of paranoia, then meds alone are fine, but you probably won't like taking them depending on how far gone you are.

Wow, good luck with the meds. It sounds like they worked for you
I've tried exposure and therapy, but I'm not able to succeed, and I always end up ghosting my therapist, that's why I want meds

You'll just move on to ghosting the doctor and blaming your lack of improvement on the medication not working instead.

>getting medical advice for people who need medical attention immediately
lmao

Let's hope that doesn't happen haahahhaahah
I don't want medical advice, making an appointment with a doctor and talking about my problems terrifies me, and I was hoping you guys would tell me what to expect, because I can be a bit calmer if everything goes acording to plan

A good doctor will ask you questions to explore symptoms, explore environmental and societal factors which may be contributing, and consider any trauma or upbringing issues which may have caused a personality issue.

Before prescribing you anything.

Unless you were in severe hysterics or crisis in their office and unable to function.

Is it possible that the doctor refuses to prescribe you anything and sends you to therapy instead?

Wrong mindset. You aren't going to a doctor to get better. You're going to a bunch of doctors until you find one that clicks with you and then treatment is easy. Plan on meeting with a bunch of people and stay surface until you trust they're going to treat you right. Advocate for yourself and you'll be good. :)

I wish it were that easy, but even if the doctor is good, I'm a bad patient, because I'm unable to do most of the things you have to do to get better. So even if I find a good doctor, I don't think I have many chances to get better

You can just prescription drugs online from India and China and CBP won't actually stop the shipment for just about any schedule 4 or most schedule 3.

can just buy*
and yes. they're safe and chemically accurate.

But I don't know anything about these meds, and I wouldn't know which ones to buy and which dosages to take

just look at the list of drugs banned by WADA, see what each does, pick ones you want. if you have anxiety just google anti anxiety meds and then go pick one. depressed? google antidepressants. we literally live in a day and age where all knowledge is free. grow a pair and google your problems.

What's a good webpage to buy chemically sound meds from?

for fuck's sake, retard, can you not read? g o o g l e i t

I think I'll pass. I'd rather have a doctor's knowledge by my side if I'm going to take something as dangerous as that. Besides, in my country meds are free, and I bet they must be extremely expensive.

no, few dollars a pill at most, many are pennies per pill. extremely cheap.

Do you have someone you trust that knows about your problems, to help you stay on track with your therapy?
I was lucky that I was able to tell my parents and they helped me with going to a doctor.
Otherwise have you considered going to a clinic? They can offer you more than a single therapist and it would be harder for you to ghost them.

No, I don't have friends and I don't get along with my family. This is a bit embarrasing, but the idea is to take meds so that I have less anxiety and I don't have to ghost anymore.

I don't think that would be a good idea user. You would just end up hooked on meds and still have anxiety problems.
Maybe you should try to go to a phychiatric hospital. You would be in a more controlled environment, so you won't go back to your unhealthy habits so easily.

But I'm trying to get a college degree, and even though I study, I'm unable to go to the exams. Even if I get hooked on the meds, it'll be better that not being able to live my life. Maybe with the meds, I'll be able to go through therapy, I don't know.

I also went to university, but because of my depression I was unable to get anything done. You can do it the same way I'm doing right now: Take a semester off and focus on your mental health. You can continue your degree once you are confident enough to do it. Your health is more important than some stupid degree.

Anyone knows how can i get prescribed Tramadols

Same, but my college has a limit of times you can stay on it. If I don't start passing exams, I'll be kicked out of the degree
I hope someone who knows more than me helps you

i do hope im sick of ordering them from dark web and waiting for a month to come

But why do you not go to a psychiatrist and get it prescribed? Isn't it safer that way?

i live where nobody gives a fuck about pills that you get from internet.they might not even be aware of it lol

What do you have? Where do you live?

If you want to try meds, you should try cyanide

have a pain in my right leg from a while ago when i fell of motorcycle and couldn't go to hospital because of police so it just is fucked now
balkan

That sounds tough. I don't really understand why the police would want to arrest you if you go to the hospital but won't do it while you're at home, but I hope you take care of your leg, so that it can heal properly.

i was running from police and they saw me fall of when i tried to go to some park and they saw how i fucked my leg up so i couldn't just go to hospital since they might have already called locals to inform them about anybody with right leg injury

There's nothing wrong with taking meds if you need them

Attached: afqunt6qz3uz.jpg (385x400, 32K)

I know, I am currently taking citalopram myself, but I dont see it as a permanent solution. The side effects do look pretty scary. So therapy is imporant so I can get over all that shit that has been holding me back for so long.

What do you have? The thing is that I've tried therapy but it didn't work.

Depression, not suicidal though. So I probably can't help you that much, I don't know how it is to live with anxiety disorder. Have you ever taken any meds until now?

I haven't, that's why I was asking for advice. I went to therapy for a month and a half, and I started again last week. I wasn't diagnosed with anything, but I'm convinced I have avoidant personality disorder. Maybe I'm wrong and I only have social anxiety, though. I don't know.

Healthcare is free in my country, but I've been going to private psichologists because I figured I would need to talk to less people that way, because general practitioners would only send me to a psychologist.
But I suppose that because of that, I've lost my chance to get something prescribed, and now I'm thinking about making an appointment with a general practitioner to get some meds.

After a quick Google search (I'm definetely not an expert) it seems that your condition is mostly treated by talk therapy, so you might have to ask for meds if you think they are necessary. If you tell your doctor that therapy alone didnt work I'm sure they would understand and find you the right pills.

Thanks, I will. I do really hope it works out, but I'm probably beyond help right now.
I'm sorry about your depression, that must be much worse, at least I'm at ease when I'm alone.

Thanks to you too user. Try the meds and maybe try the therapy again. Might not work, but it never hurts to try. I wish you all the best.

I'll try

There's gotta be a reason those drugs were banned, right?