People say that in order to simulate the universe you would need a computer the size of the universe...

People say that in order to simulate the universe you would need a computer the size of the universe. But I present to you a solution to that conundrum. You do not need to simulate the entire universe, only a small sliver, just enough to be believable. You only need to simulate the perceptions of one person. Afterall, we cannot prove that anything or anyone is real outside of our own consciousness. You could just be a brain in a jar being fed chemicals to induce experience. You dont even have to be a brain. You could be the entire universe made conscious, and dreaming about an absurd reality where chemical compounds, by chance, formed self-replicating organisms with it's own agency separate from your own. But that organism is you, user, and you are everything.

Attached: vz6NxwU.gif (200x259, 754K)

Wow it's almost like philosophers got past this point 400 years ago and answered your question.

It's time to wake up, user.

You can start with Hume and Kant. We're a million miles beyond these very basic concepts.

I dont know, user, shitposting just doesnt do it for me anymore.

OP, you don't understand the word simulate. You're talking about emulation.

Is there a meaning to emulation other than to imitate? Because I dont see how imitation relates to a false reality.

So... I think therefore I an... No one can fully disprove of this idea, but no one can prove it as well. It is just like believing in god.

Read. A philosophy primer. You. Retards.

But for real though, didnt realize I now need a college education to convincingly shitpost now.

The bar has been raised

Ah shit, I have to pass a bar exam too?

Feke intelectuals like yourself is like reality simulation. Looks deep and cool from outside but is baseless and not that smart in the end

So, essentially a boltzmann brain?

>be entire universe
>jerk off to trap threads on Cred Forums all day

Let's be real here, philosophy is only pseudo-intellectualism, creating fake problems for people to solve and feel smart because they couldn't quite wrap their head around a hard science.

And the comet of the year goes to....

The time when it was thought that solving mysterys of this world could be done just by sitting on the rock and thinking really hard about it are long past our era

Attached: 1580458116585.jpg (504x504, 36K)

Give me ignorance or give me death!

Hey bro before they come for me this is a ROM. The life computer is the emulator. We are just a video game controlled by hdjch c i a hjxjxjks

Uhhh pretty sure Solomonoff's Theory of Inductive Inference and the Incompleteness Theorems show why that's retarded.
A brain in the jar doesn't simulate the universe, it simulates a bound set of phase states that resemble our universe but the simulation will inevitably drift wildly.

You say that like we're supposed to know who tf solomonoff is

Because you fucking should know about Ray Solomonoff and Andrey Kolmogorov and Claude Shannon's theories if you want to understand how the universe works.

thank you, Mr. 1st year philosophy student

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that none of those guys are scientists.