Never bought a sword before but otherwise, I bought this from a friend that was short on cash for 120 bucks...

Never bought a sword before but otherwise, I bought this from a friend that was short on cash for 120 bucks, apparently he bought it from a friend that makes and sells knives and swords for a living.

Should I feel scammed by this deal?

Attached: 20200216_215918-1512x2016.jpg (1512x2016, 1.22M)

seems legit user try to kill bill

>should i feel scammed

No, you should feel like an idiot for not knowing what you feel

enjoy your $120 sword, I'm sure you will use it a lot...

You were ripped off user.

I can tell you how shitty it is if you take some more pictures

But you're a faggot either way for buying a katana ever

those are about $8 @ BudK

No, if you truly bought the sword as a way to help your cash strapped friend, then you accomplished that. Think of it as giving a gift and getting a small token of appreciation.

How deep can you get the handle into your ass?

If you like it, then its worth it.
If you don't, then sell it on ebay.
The thing about worth is its all on the individual. If Someone sold you the Mona Lisa painting for $1million, you'd say that's not worth wasting my money on. But others would pay $10million, $1billion for it.
But if they offered it to you for $1, you say that's a good deal, and take it even though you don't like painting and would rather see it in a fire pit.

Loool

Attached: 20200216_220746-1512x2016.jpg (1512x2016, 322K)

Attached: 20200216_220735-1512x2016.jpg (1512x2016, 291K)

Attached: 20200216_220802-1512x2016.jpg (1512x2016, 262K)

Attached: 20200216_221148-1512x2016.jpg (1512x2016, 370K)

It's a wakizashi. Next you can easily tell its not authentic. Real wakizashi's will NEVER have that much sheen to them. Replicas will

Waiting for the shinwa logo

Well it certainly looks handmade.

Maybe you could grind out that gay ass tanto grind.

This man speak the truth, $120 is not much unless you're broke as fuck, but if you spend $120 in a sword that you probably never gonna use, that's won't be the case, enjoy you're sword, who knows? Probably it help you to get laid...

But aside from being gay as fuck I bet it's good steel.

Test if the steel has been hardened by running a small file over the blade at various points along the length. If the file bites, then it's not hardened.

Looks well made from the pics, but as for value, it just depends what someone will pay. A hand made bushcraft knife by a decent maker will gor for $500, but one made by a guy in a shed will sell for a lot less, even if it has been made to a higher standard.

I spent $150 on popeyes fried chicken on valentines day.
And most of it was sides.

It's cheap replica steel. Not good steel

I don't think it's a "replica," I think it's a thingy made by a knife maker. They typically use good steel, I know several.

Unless you're implying this is mass produced, and then I'd like to see the link.

lol that is the kind of sheath that comes with only the cheapest of replicas. a sword worth $120 would be much higher quality, just from a quick google it's clear you have indeed been ripped the fuck off lmao

This is dogshit steel, made into a blank in some Asian sweatshop. Really now, you can't tell how shitty it is from images alone?

I'm not who you replied to, but even if its "good" steel, its still a cheap replica compared to a real Jap sword. Jap swords use only the absolute best steel and they typically laminate a super hard steel to a softer steel. A shed knife maker will just use an off the shelf lump of carbon/stainless steel.

I would feel cheated for living someplace that has carpet from the 60's

OP here.

Even if it isnt top of the line, I still otherwise appreciate everyones two cents thus far, love you guys.

Attached: 1516595468453.png (223x176, 63K)

>Should I feel scammed by this deal?
You bought a sword in the 21st century.
I think life scammed you long before this guy ever came around.

BILL: I know this is a ridiculous question before I ask, but you by any chance haven't kept up with your swordplay?
BUDD: Hell, I pawned that years ago.
BILL: You pawned a Hattori Hanzo sword?
BUDD: Yep.
BILL: It was priceless.
BUDD: Not in El Paso it ain't. In El Paso I got me 250 Dollars for it.

>the absolute best steel
This is a weeb's meme. Niponland has the worst pig iron to ever exist on that region and it makes for shit steel.

Stop watching so much anime and Jewponise propaganda.

Attached: 1576190753018.jpg (1439x1411, 625K)