My 2007 Nissan Frontier had a piece of medal lodged inside of the back right tire...

My 2007 Nissan Frontier had a piece of medal lodged inside of the back right tire. It apparently completely mangled the axle, caliber, e break, and other technical jargon I have no idea about.

The mechanic said it would probably be upwards of 1700$ to get the replacement parts and to fix it.
Should I say fuck it and buy a new used car? The truck has some problems but barely any mileage for it’s age, and it’s payed off.
I’m 19 years old and don’t have any credit.
I’m not a big car guy so any advice would be appreciated.

Attached: F5E10991-6460-46EE-BAA0-9EC376C75E15.jpg (640x480, 93K)

If it has low mileage and is paid off it’s probably worth repairing. Nissan is a reliable brand and if taken care of properly it will likely last you a long time.

I would say repair

Mechanic is a scammer. I doubt the axle housing itself could be damaged. Worst case scenario you might have to replace the inner axle/hub and brakes. No way that should be more than $1000.

Definitely fix it

I'm with this guy, there isn't a need to go and buy another car.

It's not like the engine or tranny blew up on you, get it fixed.

You should post pics of the damage so people are not guessing.

I’ve heard Nissan Frontiers are super reliable, but the truck has had some bizarre technical issues that I think stem from the previous owner just not giving a shit. I sank 1000$ Worth of repairs into it last year. It just feels bad spending so much on an older car but I guess it’s better than the uncertainty of a new car

Attached: B0367AAA-FAD1-4ACE-9213-A3923D1FFD76.jpg (640x480, 93K)

Know a buddy that's a hobby-mechanic? Check your local scrap yard, get working parts for cheap

repair is likely the best option, feel free to ask other mechanics for opinions
but this is impossible to quantify your utility without knowing the make and model, the current mileage, and other extraneous factors like your income

Attached: edd.jpg (640x710, 128K)

OP, check out Car-Part dot com you can typically get whole axel assemblies for nothing and watch a YouTube video on how to replace it.

Why is double d's hat blurred out in the final image?

It honestly just looks like your hub needs to be replaced. From what I can see of your rotor (that round piece on the ground) it looks fine. Calipers are the part that actually has the brake pads slot into it and then fits over the rotor.

It’s not that complex but again, I would watch a YouTube replacement video of the axel removal and rebuilt and just do a check list against the video order the parts and fix it yourself. 1700$ for that would be if you’re putting racing equipment on there. I just had new hardware put on my axels all the way around a BMW X5 because I didn’t have the time to do it myself and it only cost me 900$

I didn’t get anymore than these.
Sorry for phone posting I can’t convert

Attached: D0F0D7C0-AF3E-456E-8DDA-73959CD40501.jpg (640x480, 106K)

>implying a car is not worth fixing if either the tranny or engine blows

I am in California so I wouldn’t be surprised if they are up charging or scamming. I’ll look into fixing it myself or asking some other mechanics, thanks

Honestly it doesn't look that bad. Just go to the junk yard and look for some parts. Brake calipers almost never go bad. If you find some rotors in decent shape you can also use them in case yours are damaged. Make sure to replace them on both sides. Your mechanic is a scammer. He will probably spent about an hour and a half fixing your car.
Why not post about this on /o/? You will find more helpful replies over there.

the only way there is $1700 in parts there is if he is going to a main dealer for parts, shop about and you should easily half that price maybe more

you could probably buy a complete used rear axle with everything attached and just bolt it straight on for a fraction of the cost

I got a 2004 frontier and it's still running great. Just had to replace a bearing in the front driver side, but other than that it has no issues

I suggest you start building your credit.

Stop spending cash and debit. Get a charge card and spend only on that, using your debit account to pay off your credit account.

Debit doesnt give toward your credit score and is not backed by the bank from fraud. Its your money not theirs. Credit is protected from fraud.

Right. You know how many engines and transmissions I've put in.

Brake calipers almost never go bad. I've had several lock up on me. Idk what fantasy world you are living in but you are not a mechanic.

repair it but don't go with the first fucking quote you get dude. Get the exact list of damage and get quotes from different shops

Repair, look up chrisfix on youtube