Is $5 tip on a $65 bill acceptable?

Is $5 tip on a $65 bill acceptable?

Attached: 1573762222526.jpg (1080x1020, 413K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KltPIajVaDU
imgur.com/WpZs5NV
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

depends how hot the sever is

Any tip is acceptable including no tip.

You know why? Cuz tipping is not mandatory.

5-10 % is completely acceptable.

i never tip
if the worker doesn't like it,it's not my fucking problem

completely fine, heck even generous if your waitress is a cunt

yes, they make minimum wage regardless and all they do is write your order on a piece of paper, and then serve you your food while occasionally asking if you need refills. you're not obligated to tip them

>depends how hot the sever is
You tip in hooters then?

depends on the quality of the service. if it's shit, then $5 on $65 is appropriate.

The problem is meals are getting more and more expensive and the service is getting more and more casual. Adjusting for inflation an appropriate tip is around 14.68%

Attached: 4229551-155[1].png (220x300, 19K)

If its shit zero dollars is appropriate. Stop fucking tipping shit service you stupid fucking Americans.

>Stop fucking tipping shit service you stupid fucking Americans.
This.
All my favorite places have gone to shit, i literally have to make my own food nowadays.

How poor a loser do you have to be to not have enough money to even notice when you tip 25%? Get with the program, you betas! Just get rich and you won't have to make up all these lame, self-righteous arguments about why you shouldn't tip.
Have some pride, wankers!

>stop doing something different from what i do! WTF MAN!

no, it should be $6.50, that's 10%

Depends on quality of service.

maybe you're just an insufferable dumbass, only one common denominator here after all

Yes I tipped my amazon delivery driver $50 for delivering a $500 TV

you know what I hate/ when I'm at a restaurant and a waitress starts treating me well, like really well...uncomfortably well. She wants the tip, and I want to give her the whole thing, but I'm sorry lady, giving you money for sucking my dick is against my religion.

>stop doing something different from what i do! WTF MAN!
Precisely. You ruin all the good food places.
Maybe you should've studied harder so you didn't have to rely on peoples charity and mood to make a living.
>inb4 i don't tip
The tip starts at 20% and goes down for everything that is wrong, unless the problem is the food because that's the fucking chef.

Attached: yougetwhatyoufuckingdeserve.jpg (800x450, 52K)

is the service is shit than would tip 10% minimum so no not in my opinion.

depends on the country, type of restaurant etc...

fine dining in the US - nope

pub meal for 2 in the UK... where you had to walk up to the bar to order and give them a table number/or carry some flag back with a number on it... then the waitress literally just brings your food over and that's it... well yeah £5 on a £65 bill is more than enough

ditto to say buffets etc..

Found the poor faggot.

you tip your amazon delivery driver???? Why? Is he going to bring you some food or drink?

WTF is that all about?

I tip according to service not the bill.if service and food are sub par I leave no tip.

>and food are sub par I leave no tip.
>TFW the chef is responsible for pretending his toenail was an onion, not the college drop out.

Attached: 1580658821927.gif (245x258, 1012K)

be happy that you get a fucking tip, it's your fault for being retarded in highschool and now having to live off of the generosity of others to pay your rent. Dipshit.

Attached: 1581908311833.jpg (1440x1920, 559K)

Pretty sure he's making a joke that its not customary to tip min wage workers who bring more important things to your door. So why tip someone who just walked a burger over to your table?

What shouldn't be acceptable is that idea that employers shouldn't pay their staff properly

Found the cuck.

>Tv more important than food
kek

$8 purchase needs be handled better than $500 purchase.

You dolt.

>money more important than food
kek

Attached: 1580555890197.gif (200x293, 1.73M)

I tip 15 % probably because I work a trade and make good money and dont have 100k debt for a bachelor's degree. Lmao dont go out to eat if you cant tip selfish fucking prick

What do you buy food with?

ok boomer

Tongues in buttholes of course.
In all seriousness, get your perspective sorted. Your t.v is LITERALLY worth less than the next ten meals you have to eat.

how many times do you wanna post this OP?

This. Not tipping isn't not paying the waitress. Tipping is only to show appreciation.

If you leave a bad tip cause the food is shitty, you're obviously a boomer, a trump supporter or both.

>If you leave a bad tip cause the food is shitty
This sans the meaningless triggerwords.
I'll take it right into the kitchen and talk to the chef.

Chef's toenail is an onion?tfw??college drop out???dont be stupid I've eaten bigger pieces of shit than you for breakfast.

Attached: 1579236055553m.jpg (1024x869, 87K)

I tip 20% for decent service or 25% for good service. I've never worked in food service, but it seems like a suck ass job, and I can afford it, so whatever

>yes, they make minimum wage regardless

I thought the point was that they don't, at least not in the USA. You don't get minimum wage if you make the difference up in tips.

In the US waiters make less than the minimum wage, yet they are taxed on at least the minimum wage because the government knows they'll underreport income from tips.

If they don't make enough in tips, the employer needs to make up the difference so that they at least earn minimum wage.

>hey it's this thread again
>muh entitlement

Why cant they just be happy to get "thank you". Murricans sure are jews :DD

Or perhaps get a proper education so you wont have to do shitjobs :^)

Hopefully robots replace these jobs in the next decade.

shouldnt the ones getting tips be the cooks

millennials using the phrase "boomers" is what the caption of that picture should say.
pathetic fucks

same but reversed
Everyone is a tool, including you.

if you ever hear the "we only make $2.00 an hour" bs, let me lay it down for you
Assume the min wage is $10 an hour.
You work as a server, so they pay you $10 an hour.
However, you're making $5 an hour on tips. That sounds great, now you're making $15 an hour right? Wrong, your employer can pay you 5 bucks less, because your tips make up for it.
$5/hr from employer + $5/hr from tips = $10/hr total, so you're still making minimum wage

Now lets say you're hot shit and you're making $8/hr in tips, then you're employer can pay you $2/hr (the lowest they legally can) because in total you're still going to be making minimum wage when tips are added.
Now let's say you're really hot shit, and you make $10/hr in tips. Does that mean you're employer can pay you $0? No, they still have to pay you $2 regardless.
Now lets say you suck and you're getting $0/hr in tips. Does that mean your employer can still pay you $2/hr? No, they have to make up the difference to guarantee you get paid the minimum wage no matter what. If you're not, they that's a big ass lawsuit waiting to happen.
These people do work that requires almost no brain power, and they even suck at that sometimes forgetting you asked for a refill 3 times. They get and deserve minimum wage no matter what, because it's the law.

TL;DR they get paid minimum wage no matter what, from a combination of tips and employer pay

Attached: Capture.png (883x638, 730K)

Found the simp

>Assume the min wage is $10 an hour.
kek

Thank you.

nothing is deserved. everything should be earned.

just an example, it's easier to work with nice numbers instead of
"assume the min wage is 7.22/hr and your employer is legally required to pay you 2.13/hr"

haha fagg

imgur.com/WpZs5NV

miss the old Cred Forums? join based autism shitpost server

discord*gg/XwngsD

Just tipped 6 on 44 to get it an even 50. haha

id fuck her

you didn't cook it. you moved it. I could easily go grab it myself

I'd carry someones plate to a table for an easy $5 no problem. Are people seriously complaining about this?

Depends on their job performance.
And before someone blows up, my wife and I have both worked professionally in server/bartender positions, so I can speak from experience. Sure, some people are assholes, but the better you perform, the better the reward. Simple.

dude wtf

imgur.com/WpZs5NV

>muh boomers
Bitch they fucking invented tipping.
It's those millennials real wait staff get gypped by.

It's a some spamming honeypot, They post in every thread, I don't even have to open it to know what it is.

Yes. If you don't like making money off tips then maybe you shouldn't try to live off a servers wage.

No they don’t I would have to claim I make more tips than I did cause there was not an option on the computer to claim that you made less. I was paying taxes for money I never made.

sounds a lot like a you problem, allowing yourself to get fucked in the ass by the gov to pay taxes on money you didn't even earn, all due to "muh work computer don't allow me enter right numbers", holy shit

Attached: 1571493882487.jpg (640x640, 126K)

Nobody tips in my country, unless you go to like a fancy restaurant or some places in the inner city.

A $0 tip is acceptable. Get a better country fgt.

Considering that a tip is a sign of appreciation for good service and not a fucking requirement yes it's acceptable. Sure there is a whole percentage system put into place since servers make less then minimum wage... but hey guess what that's there choice perhaps you fucking suck as a server and fucked my order up should I be required to give you 15 percent because you feel tips are an obligation. If you do good work I'll give you a decent tip if you do shit you'll get nothing.. if you tell me from the start you expect a certain amount I'll tell you the service better be spot on or you can suck my balls. You probably work at a buffet which I never understood I serve my self you brought me a water what the fuck am I tipping you 15 percent for

How shitty is your tv/what shit food are you eating?

i never tip.

When a boomer only tips $126 on a $3 coffee

> (OP)
>yes, they make minimum wage regardless
No, actually we don't. We make as low as $2 an hour (depending on the state) it usually isn't even enough to cover our taxes for the week. I made over $500 in two nights this weekend from pieces of shit like you. You're right, I barely do a thing, but you still pay me hundreds of dollars a night to write on a paper and put a plate in front of you.

By the way, tipping is part of the restaurant system, if you don't want to tip the you shouldn't partake in eating in restaurants that aren't fucking Arby's or McDonald's.

i dont understand why the price of the bill should change the amount the server gets tipped. you don't do any more work bringing out $20 worth of food than $65. $5 is more than enough, any more and theres more meaning behind it than your service. each person at the table should tip instead of letting one person tip for everybody

as long as it gets me the (You)s

This.

Want more than minimum wage, get a better job you entitled faggot.

>No, actually we don't. We make as low as $2 an hour (depending on the state)

Yes, you actually do. If your faggot ass can't make enough tips to equal minimum wage then your employer is required by law to make up the difference.

But you'll never hear a whiny butthurt wait staff twat admit to it.

see you fake news peddling retard

>when you complain about getting free money

Honestly, millennials are fucking pathetic

You should actually read my post before making autism fueled knee jerk reactions. I said I made over $500 in 2 nights this weekend. Additionally I make $2.89 an hour PLUS TIPS.

I bet its just (You)

If you are seventy or a nigger

It would be 7-10 I'm not a rich fag , I hope you understand.

5% is pretty cheap but agreed about 10%. If she has five tables at any given moment and everyone leaves 10% tips that’s like $30 an hour, way more than I make. Fuck off with your 25% bullshit.

Depends on the service my man. For delivery drivers its 10% for waitresses and waiters its 20%. Take off or add more depending on the service. Be kind to your servers because they rely on your tips to live.

-Your friendly neighborhood Chad

It’s not about the money, dickbrain. If our bill is $100 I’m not leaving some stupid bitch twenty five fucking dollars because she took our order and brought us drinks a couple times.

I only tip bartenders

I typically pay about tree fiddy.

Accidentally did this a few weeks ago. Gave the red lobster waitress like $7 tip on a $115 bill.

Should I tip you $5 if you explain to us why you post this over and over?

THis nigger said TIPPING!>?

>5,000 replies

Only a faggot millennial would think someone is entitled to a tip for shit service.

never

my max is 5 unless the service is exceptional

>Niggers detected

What happens when you can’t wait tables for shit

Attached: yes.png (680x709, 243K)