How do I get used to the taste of whiskey or other hard liquors Cred Forums? I'm a fucking wuss and can only do beer

How do I get used to the taste of whiskey or other hard liquors Cred Forums? I'm a fucking wuss and can only do beer

Attached: 1563127267456.gif (478x408, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cwFjhXC-qZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cope with coke

no one dranks for the taste its for fun or not to
remember also try mixing

Hold it in your mouth and swish it around and dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed
just drink it warm and neat and get over it. better advice just dont drink at all, it's a pit, I've been drinking hard liquor as soon as I get out of bed most days

drugs are easy, alcohol just tastes too strong

How the fuck does that work? Beer is piss but liquor is delicious

Any recommendations?

try making an old fashioned, and slowly use less and less simple syrup.

makers mark in my opinion is pretty sweet/light and a good entry to whisky

I mean, beer tastes like shit too until you get used to it.
Your brain just has to adapt to giving you dopamine spikes every time you taste hard liquor.

That's my point, I'm a wuss so I only drink beer at the moment

if mixers and chasers are out the window just swallow it quick

Just learn some cocktails, then gradually increase the amount of liquor you put in per serving.

I drink rum, and I started off by doing Rum and Coke. Also having it on the rocks makes it taste better imo.

It helps if you hate yourself.

So what you're meant to do with spicy food kinda?

Real answer for you op

Get whisky or rum (rum is smoother whisky tastes better) pour some into a glass and keep pouring in coke until you can drink it. Do this and eventually you can use less and less coke and eventually like it

Growing up as a chav beer is all we had, I've grown up now and want to at least act like a man in front of my lady friends

I tried that once, ended up spitting it across the room like a child with vegetables

Any brands you recommend?

I live in england and voted brexit... I already hate myself

On the rocks is just ice and liquor right?

I fucking hate beer, never understood why people like it, I can take whiskey, rum, vodka and wine just fine tho.
Why the fuck do you guys like beer it tastes awful.

As I said I want to move on from it and given I was a chav when I was younger I was just very used to beer

There are thousands of cocktails you can make yourself user, look em up, thought whiskey is usually taken pure out of respect.

who cares drink what you like you're an adult

Fair enough, I'll give it a shot (bad pun)

This. Make Pina colada with white rum, then increase the amount of white rum. Go to Cuba libres with black rum, increase the amount of black rum and then after increasing gradually, start taking the rum pure, from there going to vodka and whiskey is easy.

Yea but beer costs way too much for what you get

spood?

Fair enough, so what's the difference between black and normal rum? Sugar content?

Your body will eventually become accustom to it as you associate the harsh taste with the relief or pleasure you get from it. It takes time, plus a drink or two always makes the rest go down smoother.

Don’t be a bitch when you sip.
Either that or mix it with juice or soda. Not that much liquor tho. Use like a quarter of alcohol and the rest with soda or juice.

Some suggestions I wrote for you my friend, this is how I started with strong liquors, never got into beer tho. My friends all thought I was a wuss because I hate beer, that until we compete with shots and I'm always the last man standing, after that they respect me more desu.
Will always hate beer tho, you guys who like beer are sick. I mean I can take a fancy beer of it's well made but it's still mostly shit.

Haste and eagerness?

Check out these channels on youtube:
Whiskey Vault
Whisky.com

Think Whiskey Vault has a beginners top 10. Grab like 1 or 2 bottles that seem interesting to you.
I'd recommend Glenlivet 12 (~30 USD) ( Founder’s Reserve if you're outside the US) and say Lagavulin 16 (~70 USD).

Whatever you pick up, watch the video while you pour yourself a small glass. Compare your tasting notes to theirs. The two bottles I've recommended have a huge contrast so it's easy to refine your tastes between those two.

Most cheap stuff is disgusting and meant to be mixed.

Attached: image0.jpg (720x960, 113K)

Google the stealth slushie

I know of it, my mate used it on a friend just to get him to shut up during a lan party

Will do, in the uk they may be priced more though, idk

Stomp a tranny to death

the more you drink the easier it goes down

Drinking alcohol in general or hard specifically?

All rum is made from sugar cane, there are many types but the main ones are white and black (golden rum is the actual name but I usually just call it black).
White rum is just made normally from sugar cane, it has a fruity flavor but very strong, most rum are never under 40% alcohol content.
Golden rum is the same process, but is kept in wooden barrels, Wich gives it another special flavor and color, sometimes some brands add other fruity flavors to the mix.
Both are very strong tho but the smell and flavor is usually enjoyable and easy to get used to if you start with cocktails.
My favorite drink is rum because I'm a cheap fuck and it smells fruity, I'm sure if I tried different varieties of whisky I would enjoy them too.

So wait is rum a lot like mead then? Just swapping Honey for Sugar Cane

Whenever my friends get me a nice bottle of whiskey (not the cheap shit) we enjoy it a lot together, last time was a blast with my Bros.
But rum is cheaper and even the cheap shit can taste nice if you choose the brand carefully.

Don't bother man. They're poison, and if you don't like them don't get into drinking.

Is jack daniels considered cheap or just overhyped?

I already drink a lot of beer, it won't do any more or less damage to my liver

No my man, mead is more sweet and very weak, the strongest mead usually reaches 18% (still way more than shitty beer). Also mead is just fermented. Beer is also fermented.
Rum is fermented and then it is distilled, so the concentration of alcohol is much higher.
I recommend you to do some easy research in Google if you are interested, it is very interesting stuff.

Cheap

I make mead in the summer (Clearer honey) so good to know it's better than beer, but yea I'll look into whiskeys and rums, does colour mean anything like it does for mead

Fair enough, thanks

Hard to say on color as most are artificially colored.
Also, for spirits (fermented and distilled):
Rum - Sugar Cane. Can be aged
Vodka - Almost anything. Not aged.
Whisk(e)y -
Bourbon - Mostly corn. Typically sweeter. Typically Aged.
Scotch Single Malt - Malted Barley. Aged.
Irish Whisky - Malted Barley and a little un-malted Barley. Aged. Usually an extra distillation compared to scotch.
Tennessee Whiskey - Bourbon + charcoal filter?
Rye - Rye. Can be aged.

It's in the middle i think, there is way cheaper stuff, I enjoyed Walker more tho and the prices are similar where I live.
But I enjoyed Chivas even more.
But again rum is so much cheaper and maintains consistent quality in some brands.
Brands like "Ron Caribe" are 4 times less expensive than Daniels and the quality is pretty good in my opinion.

How about gin? (sorry for all the questions just very curious now)

Drink your whiskey while listening to death metal.

Not too familiar with gin. As far as I know it's basically a vodka that's been flavored with various things like berries and herbs for a bit.

Back on the color for aged spirits, the idea is that the color comes from the barrels, but again most are artificially colored anyways.

I drink my whiskey while listening to Platinum Disco.

Been a big help my man, thank you. Gonna have to hope I can get used to the taste now

>but again most are artificially colored anyways.
True, but the coloring is not that bad, it's usually vegetal origin, I heard some brands use cinnamon with other stuff. The flavor is different tho even with "artificially colored"

That's because you don't chug whiskey. Don't put ice in it and sip it slowly, pass it around a little in your mouth to taste it and so it doesn't burn your throat and then swallow. Rule the situation. Don't be the drunkest person in the room.

Here's a good video by the Whiskey Vault guys, even though they're a guest on another channel.

youtube.com/watch?v=cwFjhXC-qZ8

titos & soda

Swallow

It goes down easier if you are using it to deal with emotions or a problem!

Attached: 1563167841677.png (363x296, 136K)

Rum guy here.
I never drank gin outside of cocktails and mixed drinks, I should give it a try sometime when I buy it again, it has a nice aroma tho.

Don't drink that shit and don't do drugs, that shit is for losers that think this is of any social value. Stay safe and healthy user, also hit the gym pussy

I'm a powerlifter (kinda) if that means anything? I look like a fat ass but can lift 60kg at work