If diamond is the hardest metal, why don't we make bulletproof vests out of diamond?

If diamond is the hardest metal, why don't we make bulletproof vests out of diamond?

Attached: C97C9177-BFC4-4A83-BB59-C962DBFAC350.jpg (680x380, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1jED6izcZJc
youtube.com/watch?v=qR7U1HIhxfA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

8/8

Because all the cops would look like Mick Jagger.

because you cry yourself to sleep at night

Diamond is very hard, but shears easily. Not great for bullets.

Checked

This is now a get thread

idk i think its because its heavy, 1 gram of diamond weighs something like 15 grams i think

fine.

ok retard

Diamond isn't a metal fag

Yes it is idiot. Its made out of rocks same as metal..

You can only get diamonds from troll teeth and all the trolls are dead, except you of course

Due to extensive research done by the University of Pittsburgh, diamond has been confirmed as the hardest metal known to man. The research is as follows. Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles per hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond traveling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall of metal into a 400 mile per hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted the earth's orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling toward mid-western Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour. They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused over 9000 wayward airplanes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with over 9000 buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall traveling at miles per iron, and the result proves without a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known to man.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x597, 131K)

uh

sience isreal

Attached: 9912401342.png (705x801, 755K)

lost

Well said user... if only was as educated

What weighs more, a ton of feathers or a ton of bricks?

your mother

>Yes it is idiot. Its made out of rocks same as metal..
Could it be that you voted for Trump?

Those Pittsburgh fucks really know their shit.

Diamond is the hardest stone, not metal. Just because something is hard, doesn't make it absorbent. When it comes to stone, some of the hardest stone is also brittle. What's really going on is that energy from a shock has nowhere to go in a super hard material & so it finds the weakest point immediately & releases (breaks apart). There are stones that are softer actually can take some flexing before actually breaking. See here: youtu.be/1jED6izcZJc

Only a liberal can get baited this hard

diamond is a metal you fucking retard

Well, stop pumping semen into her.

If diamonds were stone, they wouldn't rust.

Dumbass. This guys clearly not from Pittsburgh

open up, whore

Kek

because it's old copy pasta

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.

Attached: 618ce2dc-64b5-4bc0-8aed-7ebe7d5f29f1-profile_image-300x300.png (300x300, 77K)

Guys this isn't about pooplicktics. This is science.

Okay so the reason they don't make bulletproof diamond vests is because people would just sell them for a lot of money and just risk getting shot.

Only a Republican can argue so stupidly...

SHUT THE FUCK UP POLTARDS

Attached: plsjustdie.gif (220x220, 14K)

This shit never gets old for me some how.
Metal diamonds are the hardest steel made by man.

Attached: 1581772743173.png (406x336, 182K)

Laws of inertia, transfer of energy would be optimal, a proper vest would need to adsorb all inertia.

Attached: metal makes me diamonds.png (1440x1429, 864K)

Attached: E8B0E797-045E-43B4-8DB1-D99A5327F2E6.jpg (410x594, 65K)

False. Slayer is the hardest metal.

Dad joke

Kek

it's actually because [redacted]

This is the Illuminati.

Don't.

Fucking.

Move.

if guns are so dangerous, why don't we throw guns at russia?

if diamonds are not good enough to make bulletproof vests? why not get your fiancee a ring with a bulletproof vest on it instead?

if cooking a turkey takes 3 hours at 350F, why not just put the oven itself in a larger oven and put both at 350F and cook it twice as fast?

Too heavy, need to make it out of emeralds.

too heavy, And vests are made to defect anything they are meant to absorb. Diamonds are not metal they are a stone you fucking niggers

Newfag and cucked, dang.

Aern't made to deflect sorry kek

YOU MEAN THE CHAOS EMERALDS?!

Attached: chaos.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

DIAMONDS ARE NOT A METAL YOU DUMB FUCKING NIGGER. SO WHO VOTED FOR TRUMP AGAIN..I DID MOTHER FUCKER NIGGER. HAHHAHAH

diamonds only have +2 defense against artillery, while traditional riot gear has +4 defense AND +1 on counter

FUCK YOU ARE DUMB. DIAMONDS ARE NOT A METAL FUCKING DUMB NIGGER

hes right though dumbass

Every body Googling the shit out of this now to be proven wrong. KeK. Diamins are not medal. Dumbasses

What is McChicken sauce 3-for-free?

Simply put from an expert: Is Diamond a metal? No. A pure diamond is carbon, and it is an allotrope of this element in the same way that graphite (pencil lead) is an allotrope of carbon. Thus, diamond is not a metal because carbon is not a metal

in 1979 the us army designed diamond-defeating bullets

don't you fucking read history?

That is the max Mcdicks will give you for free sauce packs. 3

No I meant what is the actual sauce they give you.

This. If a vest was hit with a large projectile and shard gets under the skin, it gets infected very easily. Micropores in diamond stores a lot of bacteria.

>This fucking guy never heard of carbon steel.

Its mayo with a sprinkle of something tangy, I think.

who the fuck do you think you are that you are above politics being in every aspect of your life, you fag?

mcchicken sauce dude. like mayo with mcdicks unknown (secret) additives

Wtf!? Everyone on here is getting all scientific about this shit. "Oh this bullet with penetrate" or "shards will easily become infected if buried in the skin". Everyone is missing the fact that a diamond bulletproof vest simply is not practical. Even if it worked 100% of the time risk free.

Way too much $$$$$$

the carbon is added to the steel though you dumb nigger. Diamonds are naturally made.

I don't think I'm above it, it's just fucking retarded to bring it up in a thread about diamond vests, you fucking sperg.

kek calm down...
Actually most are just getting scientific about diamonds . OP's question is obviously retarded. Diamond vest would be impractical for number of reasons

Because if a soldier dies then you just gave the enemy a fucking diamond vest. That is why soldiers have disposable gear and use guns bought from the cheapest bidder

GO SUCK A FUCKING DICK YOU DUMB NIGGERS

Attached: 5D187DB8-C355-4926-B912-42A50D058D07.jpg (1620x384, 141K)

Oh the memories

>being poor
HAHAHA fucking goyims

Attached: shekelsnatcher.jpg (600x600, 42K)

>If
It isn't.
>Better bullet proof vests
Single substances are weaker than alloys and composites. Fibers are used for density and distribution.

ya I did this already about 10 post back while you off searching Google. Thx though.

Didn't the Romanovs try that?

Oh, we have a special snowflake here who thinks he's above politics being in every aspect of their life, what a fucking bitch, I bet you vote independent you piece of fucking shit, neck yourself right now, cut your own dick and balls off first for good measure, fuck you.

Holyshit someone got it right on the first try!
And people say 4 channers are dumb.

cope harder

kek calm down. nigger triggered y'all

>Diamonds are naturally made.
Yes, out of pressurized carbon steel.

samefag

ok?

Jews are always in the diamond threads.

Hahahahahah no pure carbon you dumb fuck

Carbon steel is man made you dumb fuck

MAGA

Cannot tell for sure who is trolling. Who is just a newfag. Or who is just fucking dumb.
No wonder this one passed the test of time. Well done faggot OP.

This correct. Carbon steel comes from carbon containing steel, this carbon is first in the name. Carbon steel with carbon steel added to steel, is actually full names carbon steel steel (carbon steel containing steel). It's just shortened to carbon steel for clairty in speak.

Most people don't vote independent. But the majority of people are REGISTERED independent. I am. Wanna know why? Because I want both parties to put up the best people, and independent encourages them to seek out the swing voter. The D's and R's are a gimme. Nobody really gives a fuck about you when you're already considered a done deal.

nice try OP, kys

HOW THE FUCK CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN BLOOMBERG IS GOING TO RAPE DONALD TRUMPS FUCKING ASS UNLESS YOU VOTE FOR TRUMP YOU FUCKING BITCH. FUCK YOU UNIRONICALLY, I'M NOT LIVING IN A WORLD WHERE NIGGERS AND ANY OTHER NONWHITE FEEL SAFE ANYWHERE, FUCK YOU BITCH. YOU STUPID CUNT.

Imagine going through life being this dumb

No shit. When they mine carbonite, if they smelt it, it becomes carbon steel. If they leave it in the ground, it pressurizes into diamonds. Look it up.

Yes, out of carbonite.

The left never has and never will contribute the best people you fucking transvestite, god, why haven't you killed yourself yet, you're the most suicidal LGBT.

Trolling is a art.

Somebody doesn't know what "encourages" means. Ask me who I voted for in '16.

enjoy 4 more years nigger

Classic Amerifag, if you actually have a fucking problem with it pick up your rifle and take out some nonwhites before hopefully putting one between your eyes, you useless nigger.

Attached: kirbo.jpg (900x900, 62K)

my peepee is also diamonds.

I know you voted for Hillary like the smegma downing queer you are

I fucking will you bitch

youre an idiot diamonds formed millions of years ago

Obama?

some need lessons on said art form

>thinking these aren't bait
fucking brainlet

Classic Kirbyfag, shitting up every thread by putting your autistic queer testicle on a golden fucking pedestal and calling it a good ip

calm down kek

BUT MUH FREEDOM

>misusing nigger
>calling me a nigger after implying I take out some nonwhites

Clearly you failed english. Only shitskins can be niggers, it's called NIGER you fucking nigger

>knowing all these are bait
fucking narcissist nigger

I will after your ass is six feet below grass berniecuck

you're chimping out almost as bad as the fucking monkey user, don't sink to their level

check'd n kek'd

Attached: kek.gif (360x346, 170K)

not even an mericun ...sooo

only narcissistic cunts or snowflakes with a hard on for poetry and metaphors compare someone who isn't a shitskin to a shitskin. There's no such thing as chimping out, it's a meme liberals use to silence the right into embarrassment, white people will never be as hated as the nigger and you are a stupid mongoloid mutt fuck for thinking otherwise.

business end or bismuth end?

The answer is, fuck you. Voting is private. Thats the other reason I'm independent. Personally, I think the cucks are the registered party voters. You are a "gimme". They know you're a slam dunk.
(truth is, I voted Trump in 16. I hate Hillary like ass cancer.)

dammit, no pic

Attached: bis.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

No kidding.

shut the fuck up, you're being used to give bernie additional votes before they throw you back to the cartels

He was okay. Better than McCain. Better than Hillary. He kept us from that dumbfuck show.

>truth is, I voted Trump in 16

yeah fucking right

i cant tell if posts are baiting or unironically retarded or newfag anymore

Why don't you give me one, or should I just post crudely drawn cross-eyed Pepe's? I know thats probably the zenith of your ankle biting.

ofc chimping out is a fucking thing, retard. We've been calling them monkeys for fucking aeons, because they are not human, much like you.

Could it be...
Are you the missing link?

That is the stupidest sentence I’ve ever heard

Thats why I'm independent, scumfuck. I keep an open mind whats best for me. However, people like (you) are the reason Trump is hated and will probably be voted out. Because you people seethe. I'm not a hateful person, and I don't look at Trump as a savior. I don't wear political hats or buttons, or talk about it to people IRL, ever. He was the better of the two choices, period.

It's a fucking thing when they look like a chimp you literal assclown. Do you know what it means for something to look like something? It has nothing to do with the goofy voices in your head drawing comparisons or likening someone to something because you're a triggered little buttbaby who wants to silence the mean racist white man, it's when something is so undeniably alike another that it elicits the same vibe. For example, a black man is 100% likely to look like a chimpanzee that you find in the DRC, because of his hideous facial features that make me want to stab out my eyeballs. A white person like myself is above living next to such low creatures that you find in Africa who look worse than myself, so there isn't a snowflakes chance in hell that I could ever be likened to a nigger, unless say, I was approached by a brainstem lacking protoplasm such as yourself. Go fucking kill yourself.

open mind open borders is more like it you libshit

haha a fucking diamond copypasta thread has become apes insulting each other over american politics. how sad. it's a non-metal btw

based
fucking nigger-loving kikes need to be shot

keeping an open mind like how you keep an open rectum for the black jamal homo dick, you irredeemable faglord?

Thats the kind of thing I'm talking about. Look at how aggressive you're being. Its pretty gay, tbh. I'm glad you feel like you're part of a team, or whatever is missing from your life. And I think it's weird that you grind your bullshit into the "other teams" face. One day, you'll grow up a little, or maybe not. I'm satisfied with the basics of the economy for me. Thats all that matters. If everyone wants to fight about which bathroom is allowed, or whats best for certain sectors of our countries governance, go ahead. I like this country, and it treats me well. I don't fight other peoples battles. That shit is for dummies and weirdos.

No. I mainly focus on economics, not race relations. I'm doing well. Thats why I'm home at 2 pm on a wednesday.

and since you condemn aggression I take it you're passive and weak, typical of a liberal I mean independent, what's the fucking difference after all. Who's the real fucking gay (it's you). Being open minded is just a weak ass excuse for not defending the values that our European forebears meticulously upheld for centuries, like not being a fucking queer who needs a special bathroom. Being white is so much more than being on a team you sad nothing. If you are white, you are sad because you are throwing away what generations have made for you, and if you are not white, you're just inherently sad.

at the beginnings, full body armor made from iron was quite fucking costly too. Didn't stop some cool guys to wear it if it provided any edge over their opponents. Imagine the edge a diamond armor could provide.

oh so you like amassing wealth at the expense of your unlubed rectum?

Really dude? You seem frustrated.

Attached: FCE6B354-03BE-4960-8684-2CDFBAF5A843.jpg (470x470, 31K)

you're home at 2 pm trying to sway opinions on Cred Forums. CRINGE AND BLUEPILLED

WOW THANKS FOR RESTATING THE OBVIOUS CAPTAIN DUMBFUCK. IT'S NOT LIKE I DIDN'T ALREADY SPECIFY MY STATE OF IRE AS A RESULT OF THE FAG DICK THAT I'M UNWILLINGLY DROWNING IN BECAUSE OF OUR INCOMPETENT AND INEPT LEFT PARTY. FUCK.

Wow, did you fucking drown in the kool aid. Y'see, well adjusted people don't spend all day "rent free" in other peoples heads. We have a constitution, and I trust in the wisdom of our forefathers. My personal world view is, DEms are good for local politics, because they're there to disburse social, local monies and represent the people in local communities. Repubs are normally supposed to be the adults in the room, and OK the budget and all that shit. But the GOP is being pretty weird lately, and I've lost a lot of respect how they fell in line with Trump on everything, no questions asked, like a bunch of little bitches. They're acting like, you, basically. One of the only GOPs I currently respect is Justin Amash, for leaving the party because he didn't like the big blowbang going on.

Topkek

Mutual fund, and a few swing trades. I don't work. I retired at 42 years old. Enjoy your job at the muffler shop, or whatever unskilled bullshit you do.

I'm not trying to sway opinions. This is a diamond thread, in case you've forgotten.

>I trust in the wisdom of our forefathers.

They certainly didn't trust in ours, which is why they put in the electoral college to cuck the people's vote. Oh, and they were also slaveowners, which is perfectly fine, but you must have forgotten that, seeing as you're so "open minded." Your mind was so open that it just flew out.

Attached: 21FDFF59-928C-4B0B-BD77-54DA48630C54.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Because it's too heavy. 1 gram of diamond weighs like 25 grams

shut up fag

Attached: buysomething.jpg (736x1012, 57K)

>I retired at 42 years old

You're 42 and you still use Cred Forums WOW. I bet you're actually underaged go recite bernie propaganda in resource homeroom you autist.

do tell, and yet you're not talking about diamonds, instead contributing to the off topic

no

They designed the building, they didn't decorate it. Lots of people were involved in slavery, not my problem, they're all fucking dead.

Diamonds are not metal

I was on an age thread last night, probably when you were in your jamjams and falling asleep to your clown nightlight, and a bunch of guys were in their 40s. One was 56, and found Cred Forums because his grandson turned him on. If you were 30 at the beginning, you'd be in your mid 40s now. Not uncommon at all, zoomer. Go do that stupid fucking floss dance or whatever you faggots do.

>his grandson turned him on
heh, gay

you type like a fucking twink in his teens you liar

Someone derailed it. This is the direction the convo turned. How is that my fault? Look at the crosseyed snarling chumps on yet another Trump rage, probably their hundredth of the day. Take it up with them, if you don't like it.

>not my problem

sounds like you don't take the issue seriously enough. sounds like you think niggers are inferior after all

you're contributing to it as we speak

you misspelled israel

Says the guy with zero effort or skill put into capitalization or punctuation. You know, thats what niggers do. They dumb shit down because they're incapable, to prevent looking completely stupid.

it's too heavy. 1kg of diamond weighs like 3kg

Don't give a fuck. Go buy one a Coke if it matters that much to you.

>comparing something as petty as punctuation to niggers

wow you're thin skinned

fake liberal everything you've said so far is revoked

As are you. Except I'm being polite. Apparently, for one guy, maybe you, I'm not aggressive enough. I'm supposed to be howling at the moon, like a fucking political idiot.

You're swearing. I don't think that's the definition of polite.

If I was thin skinned, I'd be angry. I'm not angry. But you're still buttfuckingly stupid. Go rage about it back in Cred Forums.

How is not giving a fuck a fake liberal? I'm a registered independent. I'm not liberal.

you're thin skinned because you see value in something that has little meaning

Oh boo hoo. In here, being polite is not raging. Is this your first day or something? I hope it didn't trigger your parental filters or something.

as I said before the two have no difference

I see no value in you. Don't try to tell me what I value. You're about a thousand miles from the dart board.

Classic

>If diamond is the hardest metal, why don't we make bulletproof vests out of diamond?

because it's so hard it's hard to make things out of, and hard to find. Plus they could just use diamond bullet to shoot through you.

In your mind. But then why are 40% of the country registered independent? Its about 30-D 30-R and 40-I. My posse is bigger than your posse.

It's hypocritical is all, because I doubt you're anything of the person you claim to be. I doubt that you're in your 40s, I doubt that you believe in your political values, and I doubt your original post that you give a shit that politics are outside of Cred Forums. You're here with me, because you like arguing. If you were an adult in his 40s, wouldn't you be spending your time better elsewhere

Suddenly fucking bismuth out of nowhere

Attached: bismuth_fuck_yeah.jpg (1750x1750, 611K)

>the hardest metal

youtube.com/watch?v=qR7U1HIhxfA

you see no value in me but you reply anyways

Cool, thanks!

Attached: tenor (19).gif (498x376, 1.01M)

as we saw in 2016 the size of any posse is rendered irrelevant

they can already use hollow points to shoot through bulletproof vests so who cares

op is probably some cop supporting trumptard

>micropores in diamond.
No.
There are none.
What you mean to say is that because it is a nano crystalline diamond like carbon CAN be made porous with chlorination and methane derivatives.
Carbide derived carbon, not diamond.
Diamond itself is extremely not porous.
The only real reason to not use diamond is it's incredible weakness to shock, despite having greater hardness.

People of all ages like shit talking. You've never been to a bar, or a party? Thats probably why you're so salty. I don't know what you think is hypocritical, you weren't very clear n that. My political values are very selfish. And I'm okay with that, because if things are good for me, they'll probably also benefit most of the country. The president has nothing to do with most of the social situation. That shit is all community relations and on that level.

>nope and nope.
Leave the thread, you know so little and it only took one sentence to show that.

It's quite disheartening, that so many zoomers got baited by OP's post and didn't recognize this ancient copypasta, based on old troll science

bismuth: checked

Its kinda funny watching you try to be mad and make sense of basically nothing.

Wrong. If all Indy's voted Dem, Hillary would've won 70% of the popular vote. Thats why they're known as the swing vote.

Attached: science.jpg (680x626, 49K)

>I'm selfish but I somehow find it nice that the country benefits too.

You are such a fake.

but they didn't vote! that's why she didn't win! how the fuck do you draw your batshit logic again

Mayo

I remember this from 6 years ago. Fucking hilarious

Attached: 72675B5A-F38E-4AFF-9748-CB08E336F305.jpg (750x659, 49K)

Problem is that there are no pores. Diamonds don't regenerate like bones do in real life. Strength in material isn't everything.

Attached: tenor (18).gif (220x167, 92K)

And you're just not smart. My economic interests generally align with a large portion of the country. Because I'm pretty normal. I vote for my interests, but it's a nice side benefit that others benefit, too. Unlike the raging dickheads who are constantly angry about bible shit, or abortion shit, or fag bathrooms, and all that insane garbage.

What makes you think no indies voted? Yes, they surely did. But lets do math. there was about 125 million votes cast, and the breakdown was 30-30-40. More of that 40 went GOP. If ALLL the indies went left, which one of these dipshit anons claims, Hillary would've gotten about 85 million votes.

If water is the softest substance, why don't we make pillows out of water???

BISMUTH FUCK YEAH

BIG THINK

They'd be heavy as fuck.

Because they'd just make the bullets out of chisels dumbass.

classic copypasta

This is exactly how we predicted diamonds first relationship would go down

Diamond isn't a metal and bulletproof vests aren't either.

Even if you would make a bulletproof vest from diamond it would shatter. Diamond is hard but VERY weak and brittle, like stale bread.