TruckerFag thread

TruckerFag thread.

I'm seriously considering getting my CDL and becoming a truck drivin' man. Any hang-bellys here on b? Give me advice on how to become a successful trucker.

Attached: e52c340848aa9a79dfbbe0ce319716dd.jpg (753x521, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

elections.google/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm a 23 year old trucker from the netherlands.
ask me anything.

I just want to shift gears, drink beers, and stomp some queers. Please advise.

Attached: ce5b0737fb8b413d4519b123cb646808.jpg (720x960, 151K)

what do you transport?

Boring as fuck job. You'll wish you were doing something else within a month

I transport containers, for sea freightships.

Trucking in the USA seems so much different than in Europe. The interior of the cabin alone is much more comfy. And it seems more relaxing because bigger distances and less traffic. But I think in the USA you are easily away for weeks or something on a trip while most European truckers sleep in their own bed most nights.

Don't do it automation is going to destroy that industry in a few years. There will only be guys with 20+ years with no accidents driving trucks soon.

You obviously are baiting

Checkin dem dubs. I would assume the logistics are a lil diff over there (Amerifat here) I'm curious to know how well it pays. Also how long it'll take to get my CDL. Do you like the work? You owner operator or work for a company? Which is better in your opinion?

>The only thing trucks will do in a few years is stay between the lines on the highway and accelerate/brake.

I'm not baiting. I'm very serious. I hate working retail.

didnt mean to greentext and wasn't done yet

The only thing trucks will do in a few years is stay between the lines on the highway and accelerate/brake. Truck drivers will just become some sort of babysitters who need to do nothing in the cabin except when it gets to tight spaces like inner city driving etc. On the highway they can watch a movie or read a book for 3 hours

I am usually away from sunday till friday.
And yes i drive a very comfertable Volvo FH16 500.

>Give me advice on how to become a successful trucker
Keep your driving record clean and practice the Smith System once you are out there. Why would you though? You'll waste your life behind the wheel and will decimate your health. Can you live out of a box on wheels?

I dunno. A lot of the articles I've been reading say that's all BS and that there's actually a need for more CDL driver's lately. I see ads for them all the time when I job search.

Sounds like a pretty sweet gig to me.

Nice dubs.
I drive for a company but i drive the same truck everyday.
My salary is usually around 3000-3500€
Wich is around 3700$.
The work in europe is very stressfull because we have alot of timeslots we have to keep.
Roads are very busy or very crappy.
But i never want to do anything else.

I like driving. Live a very minimalist life. Just me and my doggo out on the open road...I think it would be awesome. I don't want a family or any of that normie bullshit anyway.

I'm actually currently trying to get out of trucking. But now that my past 4 years of experience have no relevance and my bills are too high because I'm used to making good money I think it's impossible.

Cool. Ik heb maar een FM

exactly. Unless they somehow dont need to pay you while the truck is on autopilot. But anyone that says "it will be automated soon!" clearly has never backed up a trailer through tight spaces to get it alligned in some garage. And it's not like any business is gonna have a worker there that can back up trailers once the autopilot arrives.

What do you haul?

And i'm only home on saturdays and sunday.
But i start driving on sunday around 11pm.

Maybe you should say how many hours a week you work

because it's usually alot of extra hours (40h minimum but 50 to 60 hours could be normal) and you also get extra in weekends and nights etc. Then 3500 isn't that much.

Care to elaborate? Why are your bills too high? I feel like truck driving experience isn't irrelevant but I guess I could be wrong. Why do u want out?

I haul containers.
I load them in a harbor in holland (maasvlakte) and bring them all around europe.

Pic related: the containers

Attached: maersk-768x554.jpg (768x554, 95K)

3500 is alot for my country since everything is not that expensive.
I work around 12 hours a day and then rest for 11 hours in my cabin or 9.

Cocaine

I work a fuckload of hours...on my feet allday etc. I'd rather sit on my fatass and hammer down in the hammer down lane tbh.

I speak to it directly but I've met up with kids of theres on holidays and been allowed to ride in one or two and their all really cool people. Always really cool people, I couldn't do better myself.

In the weekends and nights you get 150% of your hourly salary.
Sunday 200%

Thats bad for your health long turn because you have 0 physical activity while you work. I drive winkeldistributie. Keeps you fresh and it's the most difficult to do, requires some serious driving skills in city centers.

I thought nights was only 129%

Ahh yes, magic trucker powder. I'm well aware. I'm an insomniac anyway tho so won't need any trucker powder.

Buy your own truck and run independent. Trucking companies will fuck you over, that's why the industry is always crying about not having enough drivers, they quit.

Nah i am very active, i do alot of loading and unloading myself.
en Winkerdistributie is kanker.

Been a retail wagecuck most my life. Weekends and Holidays are meaningless to me. This is a perk not a drawback imo.

why dont you like winkeldistributie? I've done it at 2 different supermarkets, one was hell (no freedom) the other is fucking awesome (tons of freedom and love it)

this sounds american

Yeah I figured that's the way to go but I'm a noob so I kinda want to work for a company that'll pay for my training then get my own rig.

tbh i have nothing waiting at me at home.
No gf nothing.
So sometimes i am away from home for weeks.
Cause i just don't have any reason to go home.

>this sounds american
Yes, I am unfamiliar with eurotrucking.

Cause i don't like it.
i tried it and it was not my type of hauling.
I've been a fan of the long road.
Right now i am in malmo waiting for the midnight boat to sail.

Getting experience with a company is ok, but never ever lease purchase a truck from the company you are working for.

Also, the recruiter is always lying to you.

Its 2 total different worlds i guess
im eurotrucker and sleep in my own bed every night, but you dont want to stay in our trucks for more than 1 night anyway, i sometimes feel bad for those eastern european truckers that need to do it for weeks

one thing that makes me not go international is because im scared my health will be destroyed. Furthest hauls I make is like 3 to 4 hours and im always glad that I can get out and do some back and forth walking in the trailer. Also im pretty sure you worked at Appie or something and they are fucking nazi's. The smaller the supermarkets the nicer the job is I can tell you from experience

Yeah I got a dog but that's it. I like roadtrips and driving anyway. I think I would like being a hangbelly.

I sleep in my truck and i sleep just as good in my truck as i do at home.

So? I know alot of truckers that take their dog with them.

Yeah that's what I meant. I'd take him with me. I'm saying I don't have a GF, or friends or family really. I'm pretty much a hermit. I think being a trucker would fit with my lifestyle.

Sounds like computer consulting, they'll never give you the billing rate when all they should get is maybe 15% at best. That's why one has to keep them at their toes. The most scummy cunts are the indians and pakies, not only wont they tell you the billing rate but expect one to travel at ones own expence to get there for an interview.
Now that's skevey shit. An American company which since I am an American expects you to know what you know and to be competent and not to go through faggot middlemen.
Let's just say going through sleezebag foreigners is annoying.

Just do it man, but think about it for a while.
My eurotrucker life totally destroyed my chances of having a social life.
So if you wan't to stay alone do it.
if you ever think about starting a family or such.
Don't.

where do you shower and shit?

In europe you have alot of truckstops.
They are pretty much restaurants with showers and toilets and everything you need.
Showers cost usually around 2 euro's or less.
In europe you mostly get a gasstation every 100kilometers. So enough time to plan your shits and pee breaks.
Also we have a thing called ''Rijtijdenbesluit'',
Wich forces us to take a break every 4,5 hours of driving.

Just remember, stick to your guns, the fucking middlemen never get more than 10-15% of the billing rate. If you deal with indians or pakis you'll never get the proper billing rate so don't deal with those dishonest sacks of shit.
Indians and pakis are dishonest by nature so will never give anything honest, that's what I've learned.
I've considered VERY good at this and wont trust them further then I can throw a dead road kill beaver.

>''Rijtijdenbesluit'',
Sounds like some stupid indian, paki shit, trust that at your own risk. Don't listen to me but do your own research.

''Rijtijdenbesluit'', it's like those pathetic 711 owners are trying to expand to do even more anchor babies than they already do.

Rijtijdenbesluit is something the government came up with.
It is made up by the government for the mental health of the drivers of europe.
No paki shit bro.

But that is what eurotypes are on about.
They're on by merkel that's run by indians and paki payoffs, look at their immigration policies.

They have shit like that in the US too. It's to prevent overworking and fatigue.

No, it's called h1bs to bring in shit foreigners who know nothing to bring down wages.

Kankerboef

Been driving 12 years . I’ve been able to support a family . I love the adrenaline rush and adventure, the bullshit etc .
On the other hand it’s almost ruined my marriage and my health both physical and mentally. Chain smoking , living in a can , not enough rest too much stress. At one point I was smoking 3 packs a day , living on dr. Pepper , king size candy bars , and going going to bed downing two 4 lokos in my sleeper . Its like being hooked up to a slow suicide machine. . It’s a little better if you can a local job at least for the family . I was able to turn my health around last year and eat better and quit smoking . Lost over 100lbs. I prefer dedicated routes now .

otr flatbed driver in usa, mainly haul from mcmoran gold/copper mines in arizona and other southern states. earn $1.25 a mile plus loading/unloading and tarping bonuses 45 on/15 off. roughly $2800 take home a week. started when i was 23 and im 28 now. if you have no family/gf/kids go for it, easy money for what you do(if you have the skill to do it). its not like the dirty ol days. ive got internet and satellite tv in my truck a fridge microwave and grill. i have a kawasaki klr i slap on my catwalk to drive around when i stop. i shower every night and do my laundry every friday. its not bad at all, ive done all the states(not Alaska or Hawaii) ive been to mexico a few times but not doing it anymore. been to canada a bunch as well.

i do otr training for new hires as well, i get to keep all their miles so when i get a trainee im pulling in $6k a week if they are good drivers. its not for everyone and youll see friendly truckers thatll go out of their way to help another out, then you got the super truckers who shouldnt be driving. if you wanna see the states and get paid to haul shit go for it.

Attached: 20200124_181645.jpg (1136x640, 217K)

Kankerboef

don't ever lease a truck from a trucking company

Throwing 30 shit ass h1b indians or pakis at some problem that can be one by one American such as me makes no sense except to you assholes that want to do some demographic changes. You'll fail you know.
It's budget stuff too, the people who do that like the big budget and not getting things done. It was an old joke, from a long time ago, we knew that this shit was coming and you're that do the indian paki shit were as lame if not lamer as we predicted.

this, dont ever think lease to own will be beneficial. its not, the company will lock ya in for as much free labor as they can and just keep you in $100k worth of debt.

Think about it this way, planes are fully automated from takeoff to touchdown but we still need pilots just in case. I feel the same is going to happen for any commercial transportation business

Again, the industry has unbelievable turnover because trucking companies see drivers as something to be exploited.

Just saying 100k is nothing. Don't think of something as only 100k as high unless you're going for trailer parks in the middle of nowhere.

$100m is on the more fun side, seriously.

GooglePlane and GoogleAuto, bullshit, they keep failing over and over again. I'll never trust that shit over human beings.

Somehow I just think that this is full of shit.
elections.google/
There's doing this in some states as pre-voting.

a tesla was tricked into going 85 mph in a 35mph by 2 small pieces of tape. automation for vehicles is a ways away let alone trucks. still lots of money to be made

What do you think about Snowrunner?

WTF are you on about?

I have no idea what that is...