“So this is why you should always tip your bartenders and servers...

“So this is why you should always tip your bartenders and servers, anyone who waits on you or provides a service for you,” she said.

Cortez then pointed out that she worked 70 hours and that she gets paid $2.13 an hour. As if that’s not bad enough, after federal taxes, Social Security, and Medicare, she ended up with a paycheck of exactly $9.28. “For 70 hours of work,” she stressed.

Attached: 1.png (1153x854, 1022K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/081zKJACq8c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck outa here, you smell of journalist scum

yes cause she is only working for hourly you fucking moron. not like 70 hours of tips make a difference

>my paycheck is low because of taxes
>we should vote for the party that will increase our taxes

Maybe she should get a real job instead of being an NPC, I never tip for shit

Fake and gay. That's not how taxes work.

Good time to learn a trade

>woman
>learn a trade

Only lesbians do that

Something is missing. There aren't no fucking way she is getting taxed more than 90% of her tiny ass income.

Here’s a clever idea, get a better fucking job you dumb bitch.

Form a union
Fight for actual wages
Learn a real trade

Your own fault for not persuing better jobs.

Tips. She tries to cover it, but it's visible for a split second. She made like $800 in reported tips.

Taxation is theft, if she weren't paying such tax she'd have a wage

THANK YOU! like fuck! I'm not gonna give them more money to do their job! Fuck that

So basically in addition of paying the full meal we also have to pay for their full wage ?

No way she's being taxed some 94% of her $150 check. And some people get paid bi weekly too, is this 70 hours over 2 weeks?

fake and gay and even if true why would i care? stupid whore can always suck cocks for 3.50$ an hour

She’s taxed on her total register sales which assumes somewhere around 8-10% tips. If nobody tips her, she actually loses money and works at a loss.

My girls a bartender. That check covers income tax, she walks away with 300 to 500 a day.. gtfo here with that bullshit

Women shouldn't be working. They should be concentrating on being wonderful people to find a man.

>im going to work a job that doesn’t pay what I want then complain about it

shiggy

You must be 13. Taxes are what built this lovely society in which you live. Sorry, that’s how it works. Otherwise live in Somalia.

Get a new job you stupid cunt, you're obviously not as hot as you thought you were

Bartending is not a profession. It is something you do while studying for an actual profession. It is also something that is in the process of being automated out of existence. Get skills or get fucked. Period.

>agrees to pay
>takes job
>complains about pay
>keeps job
>complains about pay

This is why women are not taken seriously

>gets paid $2.13 an hour
Quit and work in a factory then.

She probably doesn't properly report her tips to taxed. I think the government estimates tips to be about 8%, and taxes on that. Servers typically make more than $20/hr with tips, and don't pay taxes on the majority of it.

even with zero taxes $2.13 is not a wage, it's not livable.

Depends on what bar/restaurant. Getting a dollar tip per drink will add up. Getting a few dollars per plate of food will add up.
Just a table of 4 people for 1 hour and each bill comes to 25$. That's easily 15$ cash tip.

Waiters make more than cooks and chefs. The owner makes the real money. Several thousand a day if it's fairly high end

Were they ever taken seriously tho

Attached: women are a meme.jpg (500x356, 23K)

>Agreed to do nigger tier job, complain about it.
Go to mcdo as wagecuck, pay is better

They will withhold a small percentage of her estimated tips. It is up to her to make a full and accurate report to the government. Since she is making so little in hourly pay, it is likely a high-end establishment where the drinks cost a lot, and people tip well. There is a reason servers stay on with these places that don't pay them anything.

I like to know how much he made total on that cycle in TIPS. I bet the number is higher than most Mcdonald workers or cleaners, but she wants people to feel bad about her. Fuck that! I had an ex that would come home with 200 worth of tips daily working at Dennis.

Can confirm this is correct. At least in michigan your only taxed on your redit card reported tips. Anything cash, servers dont report.

If nobody tips her employer pays her minimum wage like he's suppose to do to begin with.

you seem to forget that this party would also increase the minimal wage to acceptable levels, you know, like the rest of the western world, where tipping isn't a thing

How do you afford rent like that. Its probably better to work for wall mart then that. Dunno why Americans work only for tips. There should be a law

>this is why you should always tip
Fuck you, fucking parasite.

youtu.be/081zKJACq8c
>End the Fed
>End Taxes
>End all Foreign entanglements ie Wars

Best job I had:
>Helping old farts / retarded to board planes
>Chose the bi-daily Dubai flights
>Get around 50 to 100eur in tips per passenger
>Can carry at least 3 passengers if everything goes smoothly
>Avoid nigger tier destination because they smell and never tip
>For other european destination, tipping is around 60eur an hour.
>MFW it's not taxed and get paid 1500eur with it

Go to bar order two beers and chicken wings that are the size of my ball sack. Bill comes to 30 dollars. Some faggot is vaping in the bar. Another faggot has brought his 6 and ten year old. I hate bars so much.

Not a single fuck was given that day.

Attached: 7850864458.png (409x409, 192K)

So you think the price of everything will stay the same and no companies will have layoffs if minimum wage increases? And you also think people that work jobs that get tips won’t still act entitled to tips after a pay increase?

Her paycheck isn't bad because of taxes, it's bad because her employer is allowed to pay her $2 a fucking hour on the assumption that she will be tipped. She should just be payed a living wage like any competent employer should be able to do and then nobody has to make b8 threads about whether servers deserve to be tipped ever again on this god forsaken website.

Mutts out here trying to blame the government and not the employer...
You really are domesticated aren't you?

McDonalds straightens even the laziest people out.
If I see McDonalds on a resume they are automatically considered for the job.

Be employer pay employees 2 dollars a hour. Her der why are they robbing me.

lol wtf are you talking, I made roughly 40k after taxes last year bartending and talkin about wine with the super rich... best job in the world by a mile.

yes always tip so their boss doesnt at all need to raise their wages and can just continue to have someone work for them for less than 3 bucks an hour

This is fictionalized and you need to stop believing crap people post on tiktok.

If one doesn't make at least minimum wage after tips their employer is required by federal law to pay them the federal minimum wage of $7.25/hr.

Furthermore, $2.13 x 70 hours = $149.10. If she took home $9.28 that would mean she was taxed at a rate roughly around ~94%

What is inflation? It doesn't cost the same to live in Bumfuck, Iowa as it does to live in NYC.

$2.13/hour is illegal so this bitch is retarded

No one here seems to understand that if a waiter's pay with tips comes out to less than minimum wage, the employer HAS to make up the difference.

It is impossible for her to have made less than minimum wage, because the tipping laws guarantee that waiters and waitresses are paid at least that much. Tipping is essentially a tax on stupid people that believe that otherwise waiters and waitresses won't be able to live without them subsidizing the restaurant's expenses.

If that’s true, then a bar and or restaurant isn’t a business.

You might have had a valid point if NYCs minimum wage wasnt literally twice the minimum wage of Bumfuck, Iowa.

False.

Based

employers can do that because people are willing to sign contracts like that willfully

I feel like the average intelligence of people is really low. If what waitstaff is paid by the restaurant is the problem, then why do these people willingly do these jobs? The answer is simple, because they can make good money in tips. Anytime you see a story about some cunt who got either no tip or a low tip, it’s always for the purpose of sympathy likes to whatever social media account the posted it on because you people need so much damn validation in order to drag your lazy asses out of bed in the morning, as if you’re owned a prize for being a fuckin adult. It’s never because by the standard of most reasonable people, good service earns good tips. That’s because people who work in the food service industry are the biggest pariahs in existence. Just get a better job if you’re not happy with your paycheck. Perhaps with a company who gives out trophies for showing up.

Attached: 0CA6A945-3886-4586-BAED-33ED302B8795.jpg (680x755, 211K)

that's a diagram of the reason why people need UBI

How about she shows how many she made in tips in that period(what her ACTUAL WAGE was)? Not tips she reported, tips she got. Its because waitstaff DO NOT WANT fair compensation, this is why they push tipping.

Don’t do a job that relies on tips.

Skank wont show the stub because you'll see that she had significant withholdings based on her reported credit card tips. She walks out with $200-500 in her pocket after every shift.

If you dont like the pay at your job, find another job.

That would be what we call an "illegal business practice". If your employer isn't paying you minimum wage you should tell the Department of Labor, they'll be hlad to rape their butthole.

>20 year old bartender mom
where's the father

bartenders make more than $2.15/hour, they usually make closer to $5 because their job actually takes skill; she isn't a bartender but a server

she also is apparently reporting her tips, even if not all, so let's math it.

let's assume she reported her tips accurately, $2.13*70 = ~$150, minus the $9.28 is ~$140. assuming she falls into the 12% tax bracket (under $50,000/year), that's $1200 for 70hours of work or approximately $15/hour

all she demonstrated is that she is a shitty waitress since the $2.13 is supposed to completely offset the taxes from tipped income.

t. waiter who used to get $0.01 paychecks

black

>being braindead

That isn't why a servers check is low dumb ass, servers across the country work below the minimum wage

This. Based user.

Attached: E6FFFA43-7157-477F-BE26-54A151719041.jpg (182x276, 9K)

waiters make their money in tips, if they fail to meet the state minimum for wage, the employee is required to pay the difference

at which point the server will be immediately fired for underperforming

>Cortez
>Working in Texas
Go back to Mexico

>Female empowerment
>gib me tipz

Only an idiot would work 70 hours for less than 10 bucks.

so she's either an idiot or a liar, she's female so it's hard to tell

This is so fake it's not even funny.
Federal law stipulates that if waiters make less than minimum wage (from a lack of tipping), the employer has to pay the difference.

$70 * 7.25 = $507.50
And there's no way her tax rate took her down to $9.28.

She either lied about the hours she worked, she's hoarding tips and not reporting them (probably the most likely scenario), or that check is unrelated to her job.
Either way she's a lying cunt.

Also, OP is a faggot with no link.

Dems want to increase minimum wage to $15 an hour, which is the current rate in NYC.
Do you think bum fuck Iowa could support $15 an hour? I think not.

A wage less than minimum wage is not illegal if you also get tips.

If you don't hit minimum with your wage AND your tips, then the employer has to pay the difference.
So, you're actually the braindead one you dumbfuck

And they are bloody good at it. I used to work under dyke manager. Overall she was an asshole but during work hours - fuckin perfect coworker.

Tipping is a good thing and here's why:

No tipping
>get meal
>server is shitty/below average
>pay for more expensive meal
>complain to management
>waiter may get punished or fired after a few complaints, but it doesn't do anything for me in the short term, as I still had to pay for my meal

Tipping
>get meal
>server is shitty/average
>I now pay them nothing and my meal is cheaper

You aren't subsidizing shit.
The meal would simply be more expensive without tipping.
Tipping is a way to give a performance review on the spot and save you money if someone doesn't do their job.

Because I can tell you right now. If you made minimum higher and removed tipping, servers would do the absolute bare minimum to just not get fired since their pay is guaranteed.
With tipping they have to move their ass or they're fucked.

Bullshit. First, the only reason she'd be paid below minimum wage is BECAUSE of tips, which allow restaurants to pay less directly as long as the staff are making up the difference in tips. This is one of the core reasons tipping is immoral as implemented I'm the United States.

Second, if she's making just above or only minimum wage, she's going to be barely taxed at all, and would get generous subsidies for health care and other expenses, potentially even including food if she's that poor.

>immoral

yeah, how horrible that we allow people to work part time and make $15-20/hr

oh well time to start an onlyfans

never seen so much bullshit in one post lol

My tip is basically is dictated by how much liquor is in my drink. If you bring me back a drink where I know for a fact the alcohol was skimped on, sorry but no tip. Bring me back a drink where I feel like enough alcohol was used, you get a tip.

I dont believe I am required to pay for a waitress to live, but if she personally makes sure I'm happy, then I will personally make sure she can leave with at least a $20 in her pocket.

imagine buying shitty liquor and having shitty bar tender where you can actually TASTE the alcohol

>I dont believe I am required to pay for a waitress to live, but if she personally makes sure I'm happy, then I will personally make sure she can leave with at least a $20 in her pocket.
this is the attitude of americans abroad as well. they act like kings, restaurant is their kingdom and personnel their minions whom can be treated shitty no problem.
everyone hates american tourists.

Waste of quads

Theres a difference between a well blended drink and a drink that was made with no alcohol.

The job of a waitress is being a servant for her restaurant. Why should I give them extra money if they dont go the extra mile?

This 100%. I was waiting for someone to mention this. It’s illegal for them not to. In the USA at least. If her tips don’t add up to at least min wage then her employer must make up the difference. And since most only claim their credit card tips and just pocket cash she will make lots more. Tired of cunts crying actually feeling bad for this bitch.

>take home 600$ in cash tips
>yeah see look my paycheck is 2 dollars.

fuck off and get a real job.

>if she personally makes sure I'm happy
i don't believe in tipping at all.
but your,
> if she personally makes sure I'm happy
triggered me. entitled faggot

So she worked what, a half hour?
Bartenders worth anything make mad bank.

There is no entitlement. She doesnt have to make sure I'm happy. By all means she can just give me my food that's it, but understand that I'll be eating my food and paying the restaurant that provided the food. That's it. I would say you're the entitled one to think that every server deserves extra money for doing the bare minimum.

Fag.

i just said
>i don't believe in tipping at all.
learn2read user

Tip me first.

>Missing the point this hard

She makes around $700 something in tips. Without those tips she would've made nothing or actually lost money. She's just pointing out that this is how the system works and that your little "tip for stellar service" argument is fucking retarded. If everyone did that servers would go home with nothing at all.

The real niggers are the people who insist on taking advantage of the low food costs and large portions made possible by restaurant employers being able to pay slave wages legally and STILL not paying their fair share for a service.

>price of everything will stay the same
>no companies will have layoffs

The point is that if those prices and staffing are only viable by underpaying staff, businesses relying on this model should go tits up anyway, because their mere existence corrupts the market and unrealistic expectations.

This is such the straw man.

NO BARTENDER, EVER, works 70 hours and earns $9.28. This literally does not happen.

What DOES happen, is entitled little shits don't have an amazing day of big tips because they're being fucking cunts to customers and they get all butthurt about it and post nonsense like this crap.

Her check is so small because they took taxes out of those earnings based on what she made in tips. Oh, did they forget to mention all the tip money she made, most of which goes untaxed? Yeah.

Fuck entitled wait staff playing the BS crying game. You make WAY more than the very many people suffering at minimum wage. fuck off.

Tipping is stupid. She should just make federal minimum wage.

this - so much this

40k!
Wow!
Puts you just slightly above the poverty line.
I reiterate...not a profession.

Completely false.
A bar purchases something at a wholesale price, partitions it and sells it at a higher price. This, by it's very nature, is a business.

So what you're saying is...they make most of their money from tips

...thus "this is why you tip"

I'll go to your business and purchase your goods and/or services at your required prices.

You're paid to bring me my food and be polite, that's all your jobs is. The cost of that service is/should be included in the cost of my purchase.

You can fuck off if you think I'm also going to supplement your staff's wages because you're not paying them enough. If you can't afford to pay staff, your business dies. If you're not being paid enough, take them to court. If you accepted a job that pays you pennies, legally. You're a fucking idiot.

who fucking cares if they do the bare minimum?
as long as they do their fucking job
in most cases, waitstaff are just a middleman between you and the kitchen and their service does more to help the efficiency of the business than anything else
if you have some desire to be pampered beyond the minimum service, that's fine, but that should be a rarer and more expensive alternative, not the standard

aaaand suddenly the economic geniuses who have only read about inflation stop replying lol. love the trumpkins and the 3 or 4 talking points they constantly parrot

America is so backwards. Imagine companies brainwashing the public into believing they have to pay their employees wages and they eat that shit up. America is buttfuck retarded.

No, his point was that their wages decrease as they make money from tips.

IIRC it works like this.
The business is required to make sure you earn say, $45. If you make $0 in tips, they'll pay you $45. If you earn $15 in tips, they'll pay you $30. The fact that she received just $10 means she earn't a lot in tips. So her whole point about why you should tip is basically saying you should tip more because I'm already earning a lot of tips.

It's asking for more, not something.

Realistically, if it was so simple that a bunch of fucking spergs could figure it out on Cred Forums, it would have been solved by now. Obviously it's not.

>If you make $0 in tips, they'll pay you $45.

Thats how it is on paper but when you realize that 90% of restaurant situations are scummy coke dens that NOBODY actually wants to work at you also realizing getting your real wage isn't that easy.

Want to talk to your boss about actually paying you? They're just going to tell you you're doing shit wrong because you're not making enough in tips and cut your hours.

Want to take them to court? With what fucking money, you don't make any lol.

It's a system, either take part in it or don't. No one is forcing you to eat out.

The real retards are the ones who still tip here where there is a decent minimum wage.

>So what you're saying is...they make most of their money from tips
>...thus "this is why you tip"

Why not put a dick in your mouth instead of words in mine?

What i'm saying is entitled, whiny crybabies post stupid shit like a 9$ paycheck to try and generate false outrage based on the premise they're working 70 hours for that much money.

Bartenders sometimes get stiffed on tips, sometimes they even deserve it. Other times they get far larger tips and... well you never hear them crying over THAT, eh?

This is why the concept of tipping is horrible, but tipped earners just like to cry about it to get more money instead of accepting that they'd make a lot less on salary.

That's not a reason to tip her, that's a reason to tear the whole system down that fleeces people like that.

It’s also not true. All tipped employees earn at least minimum wage per hour. If the tips don’t cover the difference in the lower hourly rate (to come up to federal minimum) the employee must cover the difference. It’s super basic employment law.

You're an idiot.

Anyone working in a tipped job isn't going to be worried about the 2 bucks an hour if the job is worth doing.

Based

Attached: received_798285113978938.jpg (374x355, 12K)

That's not always the case, but the good looking ones aren't ever worth a shit at their jobs and just get by on their looks.

This reeks of bullshit

imagine working for a pay you dont like
>women

Attached: McAyGt5.gif (800x533, 1.34M)

No, if you do not make minimum wage with tips, the employer HAS to pay minimum wage. That's law. It never happens though because they make well above minimum wage.

Legit bullshit story

>Receives so much money in tips it far exceeds minimum wage
>Complains about paycheck being small

what a load of bullshit

So the problem isn't me not tipping, It's the bad business practices that you want me to fund?

You're not convincing me very well here.

if it's well blended, how would you be able to tell?

tips + wage must exceed minimum wage, it is in fact the law

She’s probably got health care deductions and shit she didn’t show on the stub

t. have never worked in a restaurant
cool, thanks for your input

You haven't worked in hospitality and it shows

Personal problem.

>Want to take them to court?

I feel like anyone who actually worked in a restaurant would know about the Department of Labor and its separation from the justice system

If you can't afford to live on the salary you got, and all you can do is complain, then find a new job, or guess what, get another job. Getting another job might help you. Get another job you dumb bitch.

That is how tipping works in the US

>lets fix a problem that isn't actually a problem

Couldn't give a shit about people who's jobs can be replaced by a fucking conveyor belt. You have no value. I'll go grab my food myself if I have to, maybe tip the chef for actually making something that requires some form of skill.

Depression over. Tipping over.

No it doesn't. They earn at least their wage.

Based

If every restaurant worker walked out today how else would you get your tendies faggot?

I actually have. Climbed the ladder all the way to gm of my location. Upper management were too corporate and wouldn't relinquish enough control of the restaraunt to me, so I was sick of being "in charge" when I couldn't make basic business decisions to help benifit my store. Point is, ain't no way we're getting the full story. There are laws in place to make sure peoples wages are above a certain amount, which is why we import so much from china. Their labor laws might allow such low pay, but not here in America.

She is obviously skewing facts with this photo. But I like how everyone simply choose to ignore the fact that some fat boss refuses to pay her more. This is not a customers problem. Should I send a tip to the poor underpaid workers in China every time I buy something made by them?

The math doesn't work out at all. There is no way she worked those hours for that kitle vit of money. Not to mention all the tips she did actually earned.

if she didn't make so much money in tips she would automatically be paid more

Fuckin wasted quads

She is not in fact taxed on that. If the employer is withtholding based on that,that is illegal. The government does not say to pay them that money in that circumstance.

I know. Waiters in the USA make ridiculous amounts of money, especially considering the education required to do their job. Yet they bitch 24/7 on social media.

It's amazing you think this argument has any meaning at all.
It might have meaning if restaurants and bars for some reason stopped accepting tips without any minimum wage increase (or even adherence to the current rate), but that's never going to be a scenario.
It's SPECIFICALLY because of those tips that she isn't paid normally, but she worked in Texas, even if she made zero in tips, she would have been compensated for the minimum PLUS OVERTIME PAY (if the 70 hours was in a single week).

The bottom line is that she just misrepresented her situation to get pity points.