In Masters Quest I need to press A and roll into most jumps in order to make it

In Masters Quest I need to press A and roll into most jumps in order to make it.

Is this a normal mechanic?

Attached: il_570xN.1236187319_1fs5.jpg (570x399, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N-835zlvH7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What

Is it a normal mechanic to have to press A to jump over most gaps?

What year are you living in op?

The one where OoT is still one of the best games ever made.

I think that’s how the game was originally like

Yeah it might be. I can't really remember.

I don't remember having to do that but what the fuck do I know

Link jumps automatically

But if you roll into it with the A button you jump further, right?

I'm trying to take a box across a gap that link can't make it over without rolling and thereby dropping the box.

Didn't know about that good luck

I'm just trying to figure out if the game is broken and I should stop trying.

It's just an emulator. Perhaps I can find a cheat to just beat jabbu jabbu but then I might run into the same problem again...

Generally yes but it's never been an actual mechanic to help beat the game. What room is it? OOT randomizer fag here.

You can't roll while holding a box

It's in Jabbu Jabbu. There's two wiggly electric platform monsters you have to stun with the boomerang and then jump across them with a box to put it on the pressure switch to make it to the next room.

One funny thing is when I fail the jump it restarts the room and I have to shoot the cow again.

That's exactly the problem.

Strange. I've never had problems making that jump.

:(

Seems like you should stick to the original if you need to ask us faggots how to navigate a puzzle in a game thats over 2 decades old. Stop playing and revisit it in a day. you're probably overthinking it.

Yes it is.. IIRC you had to do the same in the regular OOT. I always did it anyway.

not broken. i've played through master quest a few times. you just need to figure it out man.

Yes. When you ledge jump, you carry your horizontal speed with you. Since rolling is faster than walking normally, rolling into a ledge jump will as distance, making bigger gaps possible.

Alright if it's not broken I will persevere

IIRC there were some pressure switches in Jabu Jabu that needed to be pressed by putting the princessed big butt on the switch. You can throw her, and unlike boxes: She doesn't break when you do.. Can you throw her on the ledge, and then do a roll-jump yourself?

IIRC there were a few bits where you needed to leave her on a switch, and go in the room alone. You then have to pick her back up at her regular spawn, all cranky that you had the nerve to leave a PRINCESSS behind.

Could be wrong though. It's been years since I played it.. I think I have OOT/Master quest on a GC disc somewhere. Came with Wind Waker.

She got captured or something

If this was a flag board, would yours be the American one? Be honest now, user.

Attached: futurama_fry.jpg (1680x1050, 198K)

Can you free her first? I know you need her to solve some puzzles in the smelly fish, but I can't recall if you could acquire her straight away.. Also not sure if it's different in Master Quest.. Never bothered to actually play that one.

Nah. I'm 99% sure everything needed for to solve the puzzle is in this room.

You had to roll to jump farther in MM. Not OoT. Throw the box first, faggot.

If you're running an emulated version of master quest then good luck, I've yet to find one that isn't bugged in some way

But no, as far as I remember you shouldn't have to make link jump at all

It breaks
k

I got stuck on the spirit temple. Water temple on the master quest will make you want to tear out you’re eyes.

gotta be honest,i have no idea what you're talking about

Spirit temple is the easiest one.

I always had a hard time in the Forest Temple

>everything needed for to solve the puzzle is in this room.

You also said this:
>There's two wiggly electric platform monsters you have to stun with the boomerang

I vaguely remember you can pick up the stunned monsters, or part of them.. Can you abuse them to press the switch?

You should just need to boomerang the two wobbly things and then make the jumps with the box.

Are you playing with a controller? You may need to adjust your deadzone

I didn't know that.
Ahh yes! That might well be the problem.

>I didn't know that.

I'm not 100%.. It's been over a decade since I played OOT. Reading this thread is making it all come back though.

You should play it again!

Room your are in is at 20:31
youtu.be/N-835zlvH7A
I'd definitely fiddle with your controller settings if you've been have trouble with jumps all game

Got 2 Go Thanks for help.

Perhaps.. Like I said earlier, I think I have the Master Quest disc for GC somewhere.

>tfw 25 years of Nintendos stacked in boxes between my and my wife

I don't even have a beginning of a clue where all that shit is..2 SNESs, an N64 and a GC. But where?

Lol, disregard all my posts about picking up the princess and/or monsters.. If it's really the bit at 20:30, it's not even close to the room I was thinking about. Those you should definitely be able to jump with the box, like he does in vid.

You weren't wrong about the princess switches though! They are just on the other side of the dungeon. I don't recall being able to pick up any enemies though

you gotta yeet the box to the opposite platform and then roll to the platform, pick up the box and throw it again, then roll again to the next platform

The box breaks when you throw it

Just before the thread dies:

When I fall between the wobbly and the wall it does the "bzzzerrrup" sound and resets the room.

Is this just to make it more frustrating?

You have to go around some how. I remember this jump vaguely.

I don't remember that happening. I think it's an emulator bug