EMT Here, AMA

EMT Here, AMA

Attached: 35b34b3.jpg (1242x1228, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xEIH2NRgPfI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why isnt that wound bleeding?

When you build a fence, how far should the mailbox be from the road?

Do AED's work if the patient has flatlined and there is no rhythm?

>EMT Here
Why does Joe Rogan shill for you so much?

You recommend being an EMT/Paramedic over a less physically or emotionally taxing position?

must have somehow missed the capillaries

depends on how much space you got

My brother got his license, but refused to work because the emt business is so shady.
A lot of drug addict emts that are only there to steal drugs, and corruption in general.
What do you think?

Is it worth considering as a profession?

Conventional wisdom says no but this isn't entirely true and recent (late 2019) AEDs are aware of this. It used to be that the software in the AEDs would attempt to filter out noise but it appears this noise is sometimes spasms of chest muscles as the brain reaches out to nearby nerves when it's not getting the response it expects from the heart. This can be due to any number of reasons that an AED can't help but some that it can and even fewer that it will actively hurt.

no, they shock a VFIB rhythm into a normal/semi normal rhythm
don't watch his content, not sure what you mean by that
I do it because I enjoy it, not for everyone. If you want money and less health issues, stay away. I work part time however.

Lol... as EMTs we don't have access to anything worth stealing. Do you think we've got cases full of oxys in our bus?

What's a meter? This is merica.

EMT and Paramedics both get paid shit that its almost embarrassing.

From what I heard, they go to scenes of overdoses and raid them and shit. Things along those lines. There for drugs, not to help

But this is all from my weirdo brother, so who knows. This doesn’t happen?

depends where you are and scope of practice, I don't get to use drugs that medics do, so I could probably get away with taking more stuff home, medics have to heavily document drug uses, so not too worried.
only if you enjoy the line of work, doesnt pay well, tends to leads to back issues,

Attached: alimedies.jpg (543x540, 18K)

Almost... until you realize you only need a two year "degree" to be an EMT or paramedic. As far as time invested to salary it's on-par or above average.

It measures something. Like a speedoMETER measure's what speedo you're going.

>don't watch his content, not sure what you mean by that

Attached: 64u4576.png (617x459, 446K)

~3 feet
depends where you are, we should get paid more though
I would not be surprised, however I doubt it happens all to often
EMT-Bs require a HS diploma
Medics require an EMT-B cert, and depending where you are, college degree of some sort, experience

Attached: 7f8de3a.png (375x525, 179K)

You making fun. I've only got 2 feet. All u fancy ppl with your 3 feet.

Got any good stories? Last good one I heard was about this fat shit that had a severe hernia of some sort that caused his intestines to drop into his scrotum.

Attached: 1564184894671.jpg (337x407, 21K)

I don't see how building a fence has anything to do with the mailbox. Are you trying to have the box inside the fence or out?

Even Americans aren't this ignorant
>a meter is 3.28 feet

>Even Americans
Are you implying stupid Europeans don't exist, faggot?

> caused his intestines to drop into his scrotum.
(0.0)
with my luck I don't get too much in the way of trauma, mainly medical, last shift had a guy who answered with nothing on below the waist, to the end of the shift was a DOA w/ rigor mortis

Attached: 0B90F1F2C04B4795AD966B453BA42388.jpg (640x612, 179K)

>to the end of the shift was a DOA w/ rigor mortis
Sorry to hear that, man. Figure out what caused it?

Attached: 1565460241649.jpg (640x960, 286K)

I believe it was a neighbor who called concerned about his neighbor, fire opened the door, medic walked in for a few seconds, came out and said he was dead w/ rigor, we left. iirc he fell

Attached: 20191127_155909.jpg (750x463, 159K)

Damn. Never good to show up where someone's died. That shit sticks to you.

Nah, death doesn't bother me, its a part of life

but like... by definition is isn't part of life

I feel that way too, and it might not bother you exactly but the experience will always be there. Death sticks around.

This isn't an insult. Why do firefighters consistently have faster response times to medical emergencies than ambulances? They are possibly sleep, get dressed, get multiple people together, and driver a cumbersome truck. Most ambulance EMTs are already hanging out in the vehicle and ready to go. Again, not an insult. I'm curious.

Advanced emt or Basic?
I’m an advanced and just finish RN school. I might challenge the paramedic test.

its part of the circle of life
because they get the big bucks to do nothing, they also tend to have more people since it pays a lot more, might also have to do with location
currently basic, want to get a medic in due time

Attached: 6e47233.jpg (734x410, 41K)

Their pay has nothing to do with it. As to their manpower, are you saying ambulance EMTs are busy at other calls? I get that, but they are consistently faster at all times. Even in smaller cities and towns. And wouldn't the firefighters in the immediate area also be tied up with the same calls?

I'm thinking location, maybe. Less manpower and vehicles, more spread out. But even in my hometown where everything is 15 minutes apart, ambulances always came after. Seems the time it takes to get out of bed and on the truck would balance out a little distance. But location still seems like the most likely reason.

> currently basic, want to get a medic in due time

are you fukin kidding me
it would be more accurate to have started this thread with:
> I got my GED and took a quiz so i could get an unskilled labor position AMA
EMT-Bs are glorified hand holders and body draggers.

Pick 10 random places in your city and look up how far the closest hospital is and how far the closest fire station is.

Hint: Most cities have ordinances that require fire stations hear hospitals but none that require hospitals near anything.

Plus believe me you would much rather have a firefighter trained by medics than an EMT-B trained by a 2 hour online course with guaranteed certificate for the low low price of 19.99.

Lmaoooo a basic? Ya can’t do shit. I’m surprised you even have an emergency ems job because nobody around here hires basics in 911

100% he doesnt. Probably works for AMS or something transporting dead old people and posts "AMA"s to feel important.

pay does have to do with manpower, people switch over to fire for that pay increase while not having to do as much work. Fire doesn't always run EMS jobs, In terms of response times I can only say that firefighters are consistently up while EMS is sleeping since they don't get breaks during shifts

> look at me everyone! im not basic hur dur
most jobs can be run as basic I do hope you understand that, just because im not AEMT or medic doesnt say anything to my education level. Just because I am not rushing into becoming a medic does not warrant insults user

Lmaooo why is it that the basics are the ones that think they do all kinds of shit. It’s like being a paragod. I tell you what though I met some paragods and they think they know everything. I was an A and now they see me completely different since I became RN.

But why would they hire Bs? Even As have problems finding positions in 911 that’s because they want nothing but paramedics. But they’ll hire As cuz they’re short staffed. As a Basic you couldn’t even ride a call were you give fluids. That’s more paperwork for a paramedic. Basically the paramedic would have to ride all the calls and do all the paperwork because as basics bout the only think you can do is drive the ambulance.

How long did it take before you hated black people?

Why do you take so long to respond to a call?

Attached: 1577177051058.jpg (1024x930, 136K)

> Plus believe me you would much rather have a firefighter trained by medics than an EMT-B trained by a 2 hour online course with guaranteed certificate for the low low price of 19.99.
you'd be surprised by how shit fire based EMS can be
> can't do shit
k
> 100% he doesnt. Probably works for AMS or something transporting dead old people and posts "AMA"s to feel important.
wrong, wrong, wrong, posted ama b/c im bored
> Lmaooo why is it that the basics are the ones that think they do all kinds of shit
?

where I currently am basics can start IVs, not every call requires fluids fren
not everyone needs to be a medic, most jobs can be run by basics
wouldn't say hate, more of a slight aversion
my station is at one end of the city, usually have to drive to the complete opposite side

Attached: 1502188855355.png (1597x1600, 532K)

youtube.com/watch?v=xEIH2NRgPfI

that makes no sense. How is it supposed to heal without blood? How do the cells get oxygen?

How do i make a smooth and creamy hummus?
Like the store bought kind?