I just found a legal way to kick people out of their own homes and own their house. For about $15k-25k...

I just found a legal way to kick people out of their own homes and own their house. For about $15k-25k, You can legally buy a house in a tax sale and kick the families out of that home. Who said the government wasn't evil and morally corrupt? Going to start a gofundme account to raise money and kick children out of their dead beat parents home for being illegally not pay taxes.

Attached: house theif.jpg (602x527, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Buy-Government-Owned-Tax-Lien-Homes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All true
This is what I do
East coast is tricky because of liberal policy

Liberal policy? What kind of issues do you run into other than a higher bidder?

Friends tell me it too good to be true. You can't own a house under $50K and there has to be some kind of lien or catch to it.

Have fun with that

Kicking children out in the streets

Not in the free and clear auctions

Oy Vey, you'll put my cousin's "real estate" investment company out of business.

Yup, now that I figured out how they do it. That shit on HGTV is all fake. Fix and flip my ass. Buy cheap, sell at a 1000% upcharge. A perfect legal crime based on zero compassion and morals. Now I can say "not my problem" but actually be the cause of it.

No, it's a tax sale. If you don't pay your (((property taxes))), the county puts a lien on your property/ house and sells it.

And so the County doesn't care about what happens to the people in the house? They only care about the tax payments? And leave the moral obligations to the guy who bought the lien? That's pretty shitty leaving fate to chance a families future.
But in the end, you can get the house for under $50k or less? Is this really too good to be true or is it just a high level risk with high level reward?

This is exactly it

Forclosures are different than tax sales

It's true and well known . You buy sight unseen and could get burned with overdue his fees. Takes a while to evict during Witch time the deadbeats could fuck it all up.

I see what you mean. A eviction could take up to 30 days once they get the letter and could basically burn down the walls and shit on the carpets.
But still, getting a $300k-400k house for only $15k is too damn good to pass up.

Wouldn't it be one and then eventually turn into the other?
The tax sale says its a "tax forclosure" and not a "tax lien sale". Not sure if they're mixed up or just lumping it all into one catagory and calling everything a "tax forclosure".

where do i find tax sale lists?

Google "tax sales" in your county. A tax sale in Fulton county in Georgia than Dekalb county in Georgia. There is no "master list" where you can see tax sales in all the states in all corners of the nation.

Do you need to pay cash or cashier's check?

Has to be cash transferable so they can distribute it.
If they owe $10,000 to property tax, and during the auction, they sell it for $50,000. The county takes apart the cash and keeps $10k. The $40k goes to the original owner of the property. But it goes to a claims pool where it requires the owner to claim it. And they don't tell them about it. So when they do collect, it could be 2 years later.

The moral obligation goes to the guy who didn't pay his taxes. He basically told his family "fuck you and fuck keeping a roof over your heads." Property taxes are a shitload cheaper than rent, all you need to do is budget like an adult

It depends on local laws as well. In my area they aren't tenants in the sense that they never signed a lease with you and therefore you are not beholden to any kind of agreement with them. Once the tax sale is complete then they are technically squatters and you can have the sheriff remove them if they won't leave

>You can't own a house under $50K
In today's market, try 500k.
Average house price is 500~700k these days.

You need to read the OP post again and skim through the thread. OP found a loophole.

I thought you were a squater

I was, but kept thinking of the dangers and how much people hate it. There's too many unknowns and issues squatting. This way, I can maximize my time, money and effort into stealing a home with someone already in it rather than look for one out of pure luck. This is a legal way to squat and takeover a home without too much of a risk. Use the police as my weapon instead of run from them in fear.

based

This happened to me when a parent died and I didn't have a job. I forever hate the people who got the house even though it was nothing personal to me from their perspective in being Jews to society.

The point is, the end game hasn't changed, just changing my play style. I didn't know there was more than 1 way to steal a house.

Sorry you got played user. Hope you got out of that hole and able to keep playing the game. And in this game, feelings are secondary to profit.

It usually takes a year or more for a property to go from tax delinquent to being included in a tax sale. Plenty of time to get a job

bump

The economy is strong right now. This was a better plan in 2008. Also there are very few nice houses with no mortgage that are sold at a tax sale. If you find the right one, you will be bidding against many people and even home builders as demand is high. Unfortunately this is about as ill conceived as squating

serious question. You said about 15 to 25k you need. is this an average estimate? also, any recommendations for newbies? thinking about trying this in my area. any tips or links much appreciate thanks Cred Forumsros

OP here. There's a how to wiki on tax sales. I can't give you links because I don't know where you live. There is no magic list that shows all houses for tax sale like zillow or trulia. It works by county to county. A county in the same state will NOT have the same house for sale as the neighboring county. One street could be in one county, and 500 feet away is another county.
To answer your question, yes, its the bare minimum to have. The good houses worth $300k-500k will have a tax bill up to that range. The lower the tax bill, the worse it is. Sometimes its just a small amount of land with just a bunch of trees.
wikihow.com/Buy-Government-Owned-Tax-Lien-Homes

Dont get your hopes up, but the assessors website has all property tax info if you are in the us

This is really good, for a start, thanks.
I'm not i live in the rural southeast, and I expect things to be shitty, but a start is a start and something is better than nothing.

Rural southeast US?

and if it has a mortgage, do you inherit it? or the owner, now squatter who guaranteed the mortgage gets stuck with the bill, despite not having a home.

A couple weeks ago weren't you going to squat in a house?

Read

The bank has a lien. So property taxes get paid 1st and mortgage 2nd of it goes to auction. If it does not bring enough the owner gets in collections. In these situations the bank can actually buy the house at auction and fuck the homeowner

So you are gonna pay back taxes on a house that's already occupied by people, then take them to court for ownership is what I'm understanding.

Correct?

Obviously you didnt pick up on the sarcasm, faggot. Fake, bait and gay

Attached: 1580151678484.jpg (411x381, 44K)

This is why you do your research on the deeds of the property. The deed will show that if it has a lender or mortgage attached to it. Otherwise, it would not and the owner just didn't pay the government.
Then the government takes it back and sells it for cheap.

I actually have done this a few times. You can buy for hundreds, thousands, and get parcels with houses, land, whatever.

First, you have to know if the state is a tax deed or tax lien state. It's about half and half. Tax deeds is where you get the property directly. Figure out if it's the city, county, law firm, auction site, if you have to be in person, whatever. Do you want to go to the auction or do post auction buys? It's different everywhere.

Second, you'll hear these words a lot, but so your due diligence. For me that can mean getting the gis for the parcel, looking over it in person, Google the address for info, looking up known liens and which ones disappear in the sale, making sure there's not someone there to cause me issues, etc. Don't skip this step or you can really mess up. Don't end up buying a property that's three feet by seven hundred feet along a road, or something in a flood plain/protected, and for the love of God stay away from anything that has an IRS or office of child support enforcement lien on it that won't expire in the sale.

So, you did your due diligence, you bought it, you have your warranty deed. Now what?

Rent it out, live in it, clean it out, etc., But don't trash anything until the redemption period is up. Don't toss major money in until that moment.

Then, comes the step I haven't been able to afford yet. Do a title search and then a quiet title lawsuit. That 'clears' the title and makes it a lot more sellable, if you want that route.

He's not going to do anything AT ALL. He is a troll.

I'm trying to understand the plan. Troll or not.

The last one I bought was a mobile home on a city lot. 500.00, and maybe fifty bucks a year on taxes. I was out there today hiring a handyman from the neighborhood to start on a few repairs. I have an electrician coming out at 12:30 tomorrow to test for shorts and get the pole approved.

That's the legal way to steal someone's house. Yes.
The idea is this. You are now the owner of the tax lien, so you pay the county full price of the taxes owed and the people who have the house owes you the money to pay back to you. Its a binding contract. And if the owners do not pay, you can take them to court and show the judge that the house's deed is for collateral if owner doesn't pay. The judge will sign paper work that transfers the deed to you because the original owner is a Scrooge and loses his home. You file for eviction and the loser burns down the house.

a useful thread. On b. Wtf. Today OP was a pretty fucking cool guy

>Who said the government wasn't evil and morally corrupt
literally noone in the history of humanity

Nice, you going to rent it out or live in it? You might get a pretty good real estate starting business if you rent it out.

Tax deed, not lien. That's a different animal. It's interest per year for you and then you have to go through a process to get the deed.

In my state, they just give you the warranty deed and you go on your way unless they pay up during the redemption period.

You should of read the older threads of squatter user. A lot of posters hate his guts for being a leech on society.

Which state is this?
What are the key words to search on google for North Carolina? I want to buy a house for cheap.

Attached: 410.jpg (480x213, 20K)

I started an LLC to 'own' it, and I plan to rent it out. 400.00 a month. Since the neighborhood won't let me put a 'new' mobile home on it, that's about the best I can do.

The first properties I bought was three separate parcels next to each other. I joined them, made a new 911 address, and demolished the house that was on it. So... Almost an acre, in the country, no restrictions, all utilities along with a well and septic tank (city water is on the property, but I thought the well was pretty cool).

I think your price is too low. $400 / month is cheap where I am for a mobile home in the ghetto where they don't take care of the roads and trash bins over flow weekly.
I would find out what the renting price is around the area and match those prices.

That's a shitty idea. You still have to go to court for it.

I'm in AR, but it's about half the states. From a quick search, looks like you're in luck.

Attached: Screenshot_20200220-191604.png (1520x720, 140K)

Why? From what I googled, NC is a tax deed forclosure. Not a lien state. Is it different from county to county?

You're illiterate or a fucking idiot

You’re retarded or something not where I’m at not even close

I appreciate it, but it's a mobile home as old as I am in a rural state in a rural town.

It'll cost me a few thousand by the time I'm done getting it up to shape, but it'll be all profit after the first functional year.

I'm hoping to use that income to finish up another, then use both those funds on the third.

Look at you, a up and coming passive income user working for yourself with no boss. Going to quit your day job?

Um, I said you were in luck... NC looks to be a tax deed state. I even gave you the number and email address to contact them when you're ready.

This guy has the right idea. This scheme works best on deadbeat areas with favorable laws. In 2008 the best setup was to buy FHA foreclosures.

Oh, I read your post wrong. I thought you said, "you're fucked"

Here is why it wont work.
The home owner cannot take responsibility for your actions.
The homeowner did not ask you to pay his home taxes, you did that all by yourself. You chose to spend your money paying someone else's debt and with no communication of asking for it back.

That is what will be brought to court, what is your counter for that argument?

It's going to take quite a few to do that, but I really like how you think.

400.00 from the mobile home, 100.00
(20%) goes to taxes a month, 150.00 a year goes to franchise tax on the LLC, 50.00 for real estate tax. So... 3800.00-1200.00-150.00-50.00.

I can claim all the taxes, repairs, mileage since I have the LLC, so... I get most of that back, along with the protection 'pass-through'. So far just bonded, no insurance.

I get 750.00 for another property a month, same scenario, but the insurance is murder on it.

The third... I'm hoping to get a double wide on the acre, rent it out to someone from the arsenal for 650-950.00, depending on how I can fix up the yard, etc.

So... One day?

No, you're good. Just screenshot me above on the due diligence, quiet title, etc.

Thanks. I thought it out for a year before I bought the first one

That's a good way to get shot in the face.

Not the right county, but good to know that its a tax DEED state, so I can just evict the previous owners. I just hope they don't sledge hammer the toilets and sinks.

>The home owner cannot take responsibility for your actions.
But they can take responsibility for their own, which is why they're in this mess to begin with. You live in a place, you agree to abide by the laws of that place. That includes property laws, in specific laws that say "by not paying this, the government can bring a third party to pay this at which point you can give them the money or give them your house."

>The homeowner did not ask you to pay his home taxes
Oh, but he did. Just because he didn't come up to be and utter the exact phrase "please pay my taxes, Mr. Firstname Lastname" doesn't mean he isn't legally my bitch if I buy his house through a government auction.

Dude. You buy the taxes at a tax deed sale or post auction. Half the states have that process. The other half do tax liens, which is more like a semi-safe-maybe investing deal.

That’s why you get the police to do the eviction, faggot.

If they’re deadbeats, they probably won’t be able to find out where I live

It happens. I had a gun pointed at me at the first property. I had to get the police involved... It wasn't real fun, but I followed the law and they blew off the taxes for almost a decade.

The next one, I contacted the original owner, had them come get what they wanted from the place first, etc., to smooth it over.

This. It can take up to 90 days to evict in some jurisdictions. In which case, 90% of the time, the tenants FUCK THAT SHIT UP.

Again, depends on laws. Like here in MI, there's squatter laws. As long as they can prove they've been living there X amount of months (mail delivery, address on ID) it becomes much harder to evict them out.

That's my point. The most possible scenario is they have to pay you back. Which they will by taking out yet another loan.

Ahhhhh government auction. Ok that's a different scenario.
I thought you were talking about just simply paying off some randos house taxes.

Yeah if it's a Gov auction then you do have legal rights. But so does everyone bidding on it. So good luck with that, I own a few properties and ove tried the auction thing. Not worth the time.

You're a fucking idiot. No 300k house sells for 15k. This is literally how everyone buys houses. Most likely these houses have large mortgages that need to be paid off also. You retards think people are paying off the 300k loan but not paying the 6k tax bill??

Nah, faggot you will leave my house in a body bag. Good luck pulling this shit.

Oh shit! I can buy this guys house and I can either evict him or rent out his own home to him in NC. Good deals. But If I want him out of that house... I kind of want to live in it.

Attached: tax deed.png (750x400, 72K)

Good luck paying off the mortgage that comes with the house.

How do I find out if there's a mortgage?

Wait. If there's a mortgage, wouldn't the bank just take back the property and pay the taxes and evict the people inside?

This is true. I had gambling problems and was 2 months late paying for my property taxes. My house was already auctioned off to some niggerfaggot like OP but the county gave me like one more month to pay it off or i was out. House is even paid for. Fuck property taxes. It's fucking theft.

Attached: GTFO6_large_large.jpg (323x432, 33K)

Pretty cool, isn't it?

Ok guys, remember what I said earlier. A lot of liens dissipate with the sale. Mortgage, from my slight understanding, would be satisfied by the sale.

Some don't. That's part of due diligence.

Well, its either that or squatting in it for 7 years with risk of arrest.
You could do the same thing too, this house buying isn't an exclusive way to steal houses.

How do I deal with the people already living there though, that's the big problem.

government is god to you all

The due diligence part is the most important. I know that some liens don't dissipate. Most do. But that's a legal question rather than a how to.

You have the 'how to' from me... It's not difficult, but I looked for certain factors:

Location, size, shape, and it had to have utilities. The cost to put them on a property is way too much for me right now and keep them mortgage/loan free

yup

The right way, or the easy way? AFTER the redemption period.

Easy way, offer them a few hundred to leave. If they take it, you're good. I have a process involving thst to override a tax sale if it goes south for me.

Right way, you got to start the eviction process. That majorly depends on the state, but here's the basic process:

Ittarts with a letter basically saying they need to leave in x days. Post it on the door and take a pic, serve it to them, mail it, whatever your comfort level is.

If they don't, then you file for eviction. It costs a few hundred 'here', and you have to have a process server 'serve' copies to them.

Best case then, they leave. If they send in an 'answer'... Well, that sucks, but it means you're going to court.

You bought it legally. As long as the state didn't mess up, you're fine. They'll lose.

Then, you need a writ of possession. That's what you take to the sheriff. They are the ones that'll go and tell them to get out or else.

In florida, they call it "ejection". I'm reading up on it now. Seems like a dick thing to do though.

What I don't get is how the taxes aren't paid. Don't lenders put that shit into escrow automatically to pay for taxes and insurance?

I thought so too, and if you miss 3-6 months of mortgage payments, they immediately forclose on the house and prep it to be resold again. This is why I'm skeptical that you have to pay a mortgage if you buy a tax deed.

The bank owns the house if a mortgage exists

So this poster is talking out of his ass?

i think hes saying if the mortgage had been paid off, or there never was one, the only delinquent pahments are for pt

I've had to evict a few tenants. Deal with a few jerk tenants, and then have to pay hundreds just to get your place back in time to do thousands on repairs... You make it almost automatic after a while.

Not always, and a lot of time these are properties in poor areas that were semi-abandoned after a death. That or bad luck.

If the taxes aren't paid, it doesn't matter who owns the house. If it goes to auction and you win the auction it's yours.

I'm sure you're right, but let's say I don't pay my mortgage for three months. My property taxes are accumulated throughout the year and then paid in one big payment. Property taxes aren't paid monthly, but with one big check that covers the year. If your escrow doesn't cover the check the bank will usually pay the taxes and then increase the monthly payment until the money that wasn't available in the escrow is paid back. So how do these people lose their homes from unpaid property tax? My property taxes are about $4800 a year. If the unpaid taxes are 15-30k, that is years of non-payment

Dead wrong. What do you think a lien is? It is an agreement between lenders and bottowers.

Ok, let's try again. Remember, I'm not OP. I'm a guy that has done this four times, and plans on doing it again in April if nothing goes crazy.

Liens. Call it a mortgage, a loan, an interest, whatever.

In a successful tax sale, most liens go away... Well, from the property. It follows the person.

Just like get a car repossessed. They sell it, and apply the funds to the debt... And leave you with a huge bill.

Some do NOT follow the person, but the property. If it's IRS, if it's OCSE, if it's anything fed or something like that, then you'll either be making a deal with them (assuming and settling the debt for a percentage) or God only knows what'll happen. Probably another sale.

That's getting into legal territory more than the how-to. I'm a lot of things, but I'm not a lawyer.

The bank will foreclose at 90 days usually. Taxes dont isually come into play.

That's the thing that's uncertain. The reason why it was unpaid.
It could be because of bankruptcy, divorce where the owner no longer lives there, but his wife does and he doesn't pay the bills anymore, and the house could still be under his name, but the ex-wife doesn't know shit about it.
They could be dead. Or on a extremely long vacation in Corona virus land. I don't think we should dwell on the reasons why they're no paying.

That IRS lien sounds nasty. How do you find if a property has that? Will it be public record or on the deed with the assessors?

Just the first result, apparently Florida, but it's the same 'here'.

Attached: Screenshot_20200220-205102.png (720x1520, 208K)

No way youre getting a house that cheap.. free market, if you have that idea a hundred other people do too who will bid the price up

Okay. See the parcel listed first? Thats one I wouldn't touch unless I just HAD to have the house.

Attached: Screenshot_20200220-205432.png (720x1520, 225K)

This guy actually has a grasp. Housing is complicated and local politicians may have mucked it up in city limits trying to help tenants fight landlords.
Side note. Repoed cars goto auction with a clear bank title. The owner is on the hook for the balance or he gets a check. Done deal

That can happen. Sometimes you can find a good deal. I have.

>Debt just disappears bro call this 1800 number and get an extra 4 inches to your peeen

Devil trips checked.

Is that what you see on your local county site or is that a app that works all over?

I'm sure you can, but what do you consider a good deal? OP is making it sound like an instant $300k in equity is the norm rather than a once in a lifetime occurrence

Never said it goes away. I literally put a screenshot. Some follow the person. Most follow the person, actually.

Some follow the property. Repeated: you gotta do due diligence.

Goes back to my first point of it's not worth the effort.
You are better off just waiting for a cheap house to come up with minor details.

That's for a county 'here'.

Like I posted above, a lot of this differs per city/county/state.

I would screenshot now before the thread ends.

If this were true other rich fsggots would have been doing it all along.

Damn, my county doesn't show such information. No liens on anything.

What do you want?

Me, I wanted a place with utilities on it, which meant an old house or mobile home on the lot.

I wanted it close enough to me that I could go out and work on it when I wanted.

I didn't want to mess with liens at first, so I looked for those that didn't have one.

I didn't want restrictions on the first property (which is why this current one is sucking right now, being in city limits, causing me to have to hire an electrician to approve my work).

Some people want high assessed value. The property might be basically worthless outside of that paper without major funding but assess really high.

You could make an LLC look to have high assets for a sale that way, or to get loans.

I know the basics of that, but that's not my plan.

Dude. They do. The last auction I went to... There were farmers all over it.

The assessor and county clerk will know. Take the parcel id down and call them up.

Ever worry about someone putting a gun to the back of your head and pulling the trigger?

Last auction I went to had 4 people huddled around the outside of the court steps and only 4 houses were up for auction. Only 2 were bought. The rest went to the county. Shit lasted all but 15 minutes.

I've had a gun pointed at me. I had the police sort it out.

I plan on having at least a thousand a month net this year from something I'm doing a few hours here and there.

The last one... That was a mess. The farmers were tossing money around like mad.

Another couple were pretty easy.

I've always bought from post auction, though, maybe by luck.

it's not "their home" if they aren't paying for it.

Good for you bro. Look into CRP and USDA programs. I have land and next year Im getting $3500 per year for a butterfly habitat that the gvmnt plants

Fuck this everybody sucks the governments dick look at this.

I have an assessment for "quality, operations, and decision science concepts" for my degree scheduled this weekend, so I need to study a bit. Any other questions, ideas, before I take off?

It's been a bit fun actually talking to people about it. Either people blow it off here, or seem to think I'm rich... Which I'm definitely NOT.

In this world, the bigger bully will win.

This was a very informative thread. Thanks legal beagles and tax sale buyers for this knowledge. Now time to buy that $300k house for $15k.