Is working in a restaurant fun?

Is working in a restaurant fun?

Attached: wiener-schnitzel.jpg (2048x1365, 953K)

all depends on the people you work with.

I will probably make some solid money. But it's a pain in the ass, because people are the worst..

You*

No

Mmmmmmmmmm Wiener Schnitzel

It's hard

With the right people around you and the right attitude yes very. Expect to give your whole life over to it though.
This couldn't be further from the truth in my experience

If it's busy you make more and the hours go by quickly. Can be fun with attractive coworkers and lenient bosses that look the other way when you drink and smoke on the job. When it's dead it's a waste of time to show up.

Attached: 20170530013207819.jpg (750x422, 81K)

Depends what you’re doing. I’m a line cook and I smoke weed at work with my boss then go inside and cook surrounded by smoking hot women. At the same time I’m in a cramped space that’s at least 90 degrees with two other people cooking for hours. So there trade offs, it goes by quickly.

Attached: tiramisu-40.jpg (754x1131, 40K)

What was one of your best/worst experiences?

Attached: beef-bourguignon.jpg (933x1400, 1.03M)

Attached: clam-chowder.jpg (1200x900, 156K)

Attached: pizzasardini.jpg (1024x768, 465K)

bump for the foodie pics

Words that's my experience except about smoking weed with the boss. He knew we smoked weed while on the job though.

Attached: serrano-ham-skewers-with-olives-and-lettuce.jpg (1280x853, 187K)

I’ve been in shouting matches with servers before because they’re fucking stupid sometimes on the really busy nights and shit gets heated

Attached: materwelon.jpg (640x480, 26K)

I just got done cooking with harbanero peppers and went to take a shit. My asshole feels like it's on fire now. I washed my hands before though, I don't understand why this happened.

/thread

Attached: leberwurst_sauerkraut.jpg (1024x768, 156K)

Can be.

Shoot the shit with friends, go for smoke breaks whenever, free meal. All of this beats factory work by a mile.

If you learn to ignore the insecure cooks who are constantly trying to prove their worth, and this coupled with a large ego, then yes.

Attached: 867858_full.png (270x270, 135K)

Attached: pulled_pork_burger.jpg (870x580, 458K)

It can be. Sometimes you get fun customers, but most the time you get pricks that think they are being nice but really have just devalued you as a service human.

Other employees can be fun. Lots of parties and drugs, at best. At worst its a bunch of drunks and single mothers with some try-hard college kids that act like they are going to be better than you in a year when they finish school.

Hours are the worst part. Say good bye to evening and weekends.

Attached: 1586290539151.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Attached: pork_scratchings.jpg (1024x683, 110K)

sure is, when i think back on how much of my semen people ate its unreal. i make it a point to jerk off to food twice when im on shift. once is mandatory.

Generally speaking, no.
Management attracts incompetent bullies. Co-workers tend to be greedy and dishonest. Customers often fail to acknowledge your humanity.

Attached: egg.jpg (2000x3700, 603K)

Attached: schwarzwaelder_kirschtorte.jpg (933x923, 385K)

baked egg?

Socially the best job I ever had, hated every other aspect of it.

Attached: tortilla_de_patatas.jpg (600x337, 41K)

L'oeuf en cocotte.

Attached: eisbein.jpg (924x697, 264K)

Attached: FlamingHotCheetoBurrito.jpg (1080x1080, 103K)

working in a restaurant is the best time i've had in my life. If you work there long enough you get to fuck EVERY GIRL IN TOWN. First off, all the waitresses were around 18-25 and are in the horniest period of their life, so you get to automatically fuck at least 1 of them per year until the rumors die down or they graduate and leave town. And when you become a waiter you get to meet tons of girls and older people basically see you as their 'other child' and get invited to weddings and shit where you get to meet and fuck even MORE girls. Jesus christ i miss working in a restaurant.

Just dont go work at a shitty place where you work with convicts and inbreds. gotta be a decent joint with good atmosphere and hot waitresses. lol i literally just now realized i completely forgot about a coworker girl i fucked, her ex boyfriend got married and she was so upset about it that she ended up fucking me for a month, came right in her pussy every day idgaf. girls are walking emotional wrecks and you can use that to fuck them. jesus christ i'm worked up right now.

Attached: perf4.jpg (620x827, 38K)

Ouch. Sorry bro

I bet you’re a shithead server who gets to walk around in the air conditioning dining room. There’s a reason the cooks are cranky, they have to deal with you and 10 other servers.

Where's microwaved eggs?

wth is that greyish stuff

Is it weird I have no interest in fucking girls? I'm pretty autistic and just want to smoke weed and hang out with my bros. Maybe I'm gay? I need some insight from a normal person like you

I would only tip out to the cooks if there was a chance they might find out i never gave them my percentage.

Nice, can we see her hot waitress butthole?

I'm 48 and sick of my career. I'm looking to be Lester from American Beauty (quit his career and worked fast food with teenagers and smoked weed). I'm decently good looking and still bang girls in the 25-30 range. Think I could score some hot waitress tail? Or would they think I was weird waiting tables at 48?

Minced liver

Where I work we all fuck eachother. Sometimes we cum in the food for fun.

I don’t care I don’t work with you. Your shitty troll attempt to get me salty is low effort

you describe my experience entirely. I work at a desk job making a lot more money and I work in the fucking A/C and don't sweat... but god do I miss flirting with hot chicks in their 20s. I was dumb enough to get into a relationship with one at the time and passed up so much extra trim. Waitresses would still fucking bump up/touch me and flirt knowing damn full well I was in a relationship too. Now I work in a deadwood office where the only women are like 40+ and ugly or married or just plain fucking weird

Attached: Boeuf-Bourguignon.jpg (1520x1013, 247K)

yeah you're a fag. but that's cool. And yeah you get to hang out with tons of cool dudes too. I would walk into random parties and people would recognize me and want to hang with me and give me free shit.

pic related isnt a girl i know

Attached: Chimichurri-Steak.jpg (1600x2400, 325K)

Cool, but you could post pics of waitresses you did know.

Also, please answer the second part of my post. You seem cool. Thanks, bro.

I've worked in various kitchens for like 6 years now and they're all the same. A bunch of degenerates who got by with the least amount of effort. The money is only in fine cuisine. I lucked out and got a job in a government kitchen. I only have to bake large quantities of food and deal with the day to day operations for $25 an hour. We get 4 hours of PTO a pay period and increases when you stay longer. Holiday pay is double time and benefits are 20/80 with a TSP.

No

forgot to answer lol. uhh well i've only ever seen one guy around your age pull it off, and i think it was because he tricked the girl into believing he was rich as fuck and just waited tables to hang out. I wouldn't reccomend restaurant work for older dudes since they'll just stick you washing dishes or cooking.

i work with you

Attached: cullen-skink.jpg (1129x753, 181K)

I work in a cafe that serves breakfast and lunch it’s pretty comfy. Hosting I don’t make much cash but waiting I make about 100 a day in tips. Short shifts too and I’m always done by 4 pm which works well for me

>I work in the fucking A/C and don't sweat.
i forgot to mention that part. staying fit was SO EASY as a waiter because I literally just power walked for 8 hours as a job. now i'm a fat fucking slob at my desk job that cant sleep at night because i'm haunted by all the pussy i used to get, and now i dont get anything lol.

Attached: 1520555441204.jpg (600x423, 27K)

Customers suck, pay sucks, co-fags are ether awesome or niggers. Owner is a chode and manager is a bro.

Maybe. I feel more like a little kid that thinks girls are weird. Maybe you're right too. Sex is overrated imo, and so is what people think about me. Maybe you're right and I'm just deluding myself though

like i posted, it's a semi small town and i'd get pretty big backlash if i posted some local girl nudes.

Attached: custard.jpg (600x600, 48K)

Attached: chèvre chaud.jpg (1608x1068, 454K)

Attached: calzone2.jpg (550x367, 41K)

On the walls of the microwave.

only fatties eat bread

Attached: gehackets-und-hoernli-mit-apfelmus.jpg (1260x709, 143K)

>I feel more like a little kid that thinks girls are weird.
well you're not wrong there. girls are fuckign weird. you're probably just weird too. i have a co worker that you remind me of. hopefully the advice i gave him will work for you. "just be a fucking weirdo, fuck what others think. You're an adult, just do what makes you happy and eventually other weirdos will want to hang with you and do weirdo shit together" he did just that, and now i play board games with him and his weirdo friends every other saturday night.

Attached: incelrunner2019.jpg (960x471, 77K)

Attached: blt.jpg (966x725, 67K)

Attached: Heart_Stopping_BLT.jpg (590x590, 46K)

>ust be a fucking weirdo, fuck what others think. You're an adult, just do what makes you happy and eventually other weirdos will want to hang with you
That's what I hope for. You seem like a good person and weirdos like me and cool people like you can get along, so maybe I don't have to find the rare weirdos that understand me to have friends. Thanks for the advice Cred Forumsrother

Attached: 1581547233789.jpg (698x631, 73K)

Attached: ragu_bolognese.jpg (768x512, 243K)

Attached: reuben-sandwich.png (640x639, 671K)

Attached: 1519817448554.gif (500x281, 324K)

I'm not big on parties. I like to chill hard, lol

Attached: artworks-000010633044-0pecn0-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 61K)

It's fun for a while and you get mad chicks hitting on you, but it also attracts the dumbest fucking people coworkers and customers alike, you have almost no time for yourself and get stuck there even if it's been dead all day, and if you're BOH you do the hardest work and still get shithead servers running out without giving you tipshare

Attached: applepie.jpg (966x725, 65K)

Attached: caesarsalad.jpg (1024x576, 120K)

Attached: Caprese-Sandwich.jpg (500x333, 41K)

Attached: Prawn garlic mayonnaise sandwich.jpg (680x450, 129K)

Attached: negroni-swizzle.jpg (800x800, 55K)

I can barely do simple things like fold towels or make a bowl of cereal without clumsily fucking up and taking longer than I should. I don't know if I can survive in a fast paced job like that

The worst part is people just expect you to have common sense and know what the fuck you're doing, and if you can't handle it, then they just assume you're being lazy. I don't have fucking common sense. I think too much, rather than just live feel it out. There are too many ignorant people that don't understand this and they usually end up in fast paced jobs like this

Practice, right now

Practice what? I fold towels every 2-3 days and I still make mistakes because I think too much. I always imagine myself at a factory job when I fold towels and that my supervisor is standing behind me while I do it, to see if I can handle the pressure. I always fold under pressure. I don't deal with people well. I need a more laid back job or else I'm fucked. Will probably end up on night shifts or something

>be me
>be 22
>stumble into work at 5pm with a hangover
>kill an energy drink and a joint with the cook to fire up
>say random shit to people cause I literally DGAF
>some people give me weird looks, some roll with it & a fat tip to impress their dates
>really good at matching an alcohol with your meal
>because I have drank every alcohol there is in the last week
>close the restaurant
>pocket full of cash from tips
>go to bar
>regular at bar
>bartenders let me take girls into walk in cooler to snort blow, and have her juggle my balls.
>go to afterparty
>it's live
>take mushrooms
>get a few numbers, drop ugliest ones in trash at end of night
>close the afterparty.
>sun coming up, slink home
>and that's just Wednesday night
>.. will do it all again on Thursday night

But now I have an office, a tie & a desk job, and it all seems pretty mundane.