2 months ago I bought a Model 3

ask me anything

Attached: file.png (963x809, 1.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/ABuTV3U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Age and race
does it live to the hype

Why do you still have those ugly ass wheels?

38. White west European.

Depends how hyped you are. It is definitely fun to drive. And Autopilot makes the highway a breeze. I like the easier interface with the screen.

Increase range. But maybe I will do test in the future, when I am more comfortable with the car.

why?

Waste of money, those are never going to catch on.

I could give many technical reasons, but in the end, what is important is that it made driving fun for me.

I think they will, but I dont care if it doesnt catch on. I enjoy it. Thats why I bought it.

You'll care if you want repairs or any resale value.

I didn't buy it to re-sale it. But then again, as I said, I do believe in the product anyway.

but do u own shares faggot?

Attached: Master.jpg (1200x900, 474K)

how was it coming out to your family?

Believe in the future!

Attached: AlmostThere.jpg (1200x648, 185K)

i understand everyone who bought into the hype early on when the idea was new but why now, when the more recognized names are putting out comparable electric vehicles with better warrant, reliability and readily available service centers.

thoughts on roadster 2020

Do you regret it now? The Polestar is cheaper and more premium

Attached: polestar_2_001.jpg (900x400, 62K)

I would, if I knew anything about stock trading, but I dont want to put my money on an area I know ZERO about.

They are all dead, it was easy

I want to believe

I havent seen any with a similar range

Makes my cock hard. But will probably never be able to afford it.

No, I don't. The range is fantastic. (I have the M3 Long Range AWD)

tesla is already way ahead of the curve dickhead

if u have faith in the product have faith in the company shithead

buy stock now and long hold to 2k

yep. Tesla is literally YEARS ahead of any “competition”. and trust me, you don’t have to be an astrophysics major to see that,

ok boomer

I have faith in the company. I just don't have faith in the decisions I would make regarding that topic.

It is like buying a car, without knowing how many people you actually want to sit in. Even if the product is great, you don't know if it is the best for your needs.

not really Tesla did all the legwork so now everyone else can just hop in right along side them as direct competitors

What legwork? None of them have the supercharger network, nor the 4 billions of km in footage for autonomous driving.

Cadillac is already right behind Tesla on the autopilot and Hyundai isnt far off either.

as far as the superchargers, what makes you think it wouldn't be hard for another major name company to just do what Tesla has already done

I have yet to see a demo of any of those. But if you have a link, please share.

About the supercharger, it is super doable, but it takes time. Tesla has already the infrastructure TODAY, because they have been building it for years.

Tesla's advantage is just that they started earlier than anyone else.

Tesla has done some impressive things and made some major moves no doubt, but the thing is that now the other manufacturers can look over and see what they've done and see how they've done it. Tesla made the electric car popular and now everyone is jumping at the market with electric cars, yeah none of them have the 300+ range but most are coming in at close or over 200 and that is pretty decent for the majority of people. I guess all im saying mass majority of people would be more inclined to buy a brand they are comfortable with as opposed to just recent times when Tesla was the only real choice in electric

I am not so sure they will be able to do it as fast as Tesla. Manufacturing takes time, they don't own the battery technology, so getting efficient batteries is going to be a problem, and the charging network...

as I said, the problem of the other manufacturers is time. They are at least 3 years behind, and when they catch up... Tesla will have also moved forward. They innovate way too fast.

But hey, if e-autos increase, that is actually good for Tesla owners too. The infrastructure and charging options will develop too. After all, Tesla cant move the whole planet to electric. Other companies will have to play its role too.

There is enough market for more than 1 player, luckily. And when there is competition, the consumers win.

Hows the gas mileage?

imgur.com/ABuTV3U

Solid car. I'll keep an eye on Tesla to see what they do in the future. As of now their cars aren't appealing to me but they are on the right track.

about 0 Liter / 100 km

bad bot

Not bad idea

how much pollution did that battery create to manufacture?

Attached: riddler.jpg (494x411, 130K)

I dont know, and I dont care. I didnt buy it for the green.

What's your income? How much did you pay for it?

Im freelancer.

My hourly rate is 60€/hour.

The final cost, with options, was 65.000 €

No one has the knowledge that Tesla has. Cadillac? Really. What price point do you think it will have? Electric cars are secondary projects to these companies. I'll stay with Tesla, thank you.

for the love of god why did you buy it then?

Attached: LouiseAnderson.jpg (620x420, 140K)

>60€/hour.
so like $5/hour?

What sort of comments do you get from people when they ride in your car?

mostly "you're a homo" and "did something die in here?"

Because it is a fun car. It is fast. Good looking. Modern. Minimalist interior. Good autonomous driving. And then some.

Pic related

Funny thing. I only get either "Wow, this is cool" or "LOL, what a stupid thing to buy". People are quite polarized. Almost nobody stays neutral.

Attached: file.png (732x378, 35K)

Worry about losing your bus pass and other important facets of your life.

Non-adjustable front facing vents. Do you miss the convenience of aiming a vent wherever you want it or does it bother you at all?

Have they fixed the glitchy "nearby cars" display yet? Last time I was in a model 3 the screen showed the cars around us flipping around, instantly turning left and right, etc. Kinda disconcerting knowing it used that same data for autopilot.

Is there a learning curve in driving one of these? I think Musk once said people don't know how to drive electric cars.

because he clearly cant drive a car without fucking training wheels

i don't take the bus; that's for niggers.
what other important facets?

yep a $60K golf cart is a real man's car

What is your full name and address?

They are adjustable. You clearly don't know the car.

Those things happen still, but it doesn't really bother me. Autopilot is not ready for city yet. If you go on highway, those cars wont glitch. They look perfect. Besides the AI has much more things besides the visual representation, like labeling and predictions.

John Doe.
Sullivan Street 133

Nice ride user. I've always wanted a tesla, but family, so went with Subaru Foreser.
What's your occupation/salary?

I am a freelance programmer. I already posted my hourly rate

*unemployed programmer

what happens to the battery in a head-on collision?

The Tesla 3 is not $60,000. It'll blow off whatever in hell youre driving.

The battery is not on the front. It is at the base of the car.

Attached: file.png (600x338, 186K)

Depends where you live. Areas that actually have the infrastructure to support them like California and around major cities they definitely will catch on. Especially with 9-5 wage slaves who spend half their day in rush hour traffic the self driving stuff is really appealing. Elsewhere they won't.

OP said he paid that. I don't want a car to blow me off.

As you can see from my picture, I live in Germany (yes, it is 3:30 am. I cant sleep)

In here, besides the superchargers, we have a lot of infrastructure for charging stations, at a very affordable price.

The station that you see right behind my car has a flat rate of 5€ per charge, no matter how much you charge it.

At first it was hard seeing e-autos, but in the last 4 months you could start seeing Teslas everywhere...

What are your thoughts on the interior? It looks pretty decent, but to me it comes off as maybe a bit too minimalist.

Attached: model3interior.jpg (1100x686, 68K)

ok, mr. autism. what happens to the battery if you get t-boned?

does the screen get covered in fingerprints?

god that looks depressing.what are you even paying for?

A $60000 iPad

lol

Why are you gay?

dicks are tasty

I get is a question of taste. Actually aesthetics is one of the most important things people take into account, when choosing a car. If to you this is too minimalist, then yeah, this one is not for you.

Personally, I love it. It is very easy to concentrate at the task at hand. Everyone is used to mobile devices, and the way it is built makes it very easy to control the car without overwhelming you with 100 buttons.

But that is my personal taste, of course.

Hopefully the airbags activate and you walk out without being hurt.

This car has 5 star ratings in every category. Very safe!

So far, I have never had to clean the screen yet. But the car comes with a microfiber, so that you can clean it anytime you want

There is a day mode and night mode (dark mode). In day mode you will never see fingerprints. In Night mode, maaaaybe, but I still have not seen them.

And there is a "clean screen" mode, where the screen gets turned off, even if you are in the car, so that you can clean it

Actually feels very roomy. And the glass roof makes it even better.

See

They start at $39,900 in US. His 'golf cart' can go 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds. Sounds like a man's car to me.

It can start that sweet firey melt down or charge the metal of the car. I am an EMT and we do not have to immediately aid motorists in accidents in any partial or full battery operated vehicle until that threat has been cleared by a certified emergency response member. Aka you can die in ur fancy car before that one dude gets there.

How often do you make any sense?

How does it handle in the snow? They're all awd, right? Or is that just an option?

90% of the time I make sense all the time.

This one is the Long Range All Wheel Drive.

I have not had to drive it in the snow, so I cannot tell you, sorry. But I have seen review of people in northern countries like Sweden, and they speak great about it.

You got lucky to catch in his 10% ;)

Why not a P100D or Porsche Taycan. Model 3 lol

I cant afford those. I also prefer smaller cars.

What was your previous car?

LOL.... you are gonna laugh.

A 23-year old VW Passat :D

I was thinking, "Since I am going to upgrade... lets FUCKING UPGRADE" :D

Haha, I can respect that. When it's time for a change it's time for a change. Hope you enjoy your new car :)

Thanks mate. I am enjoying it a lot.

Has your sex life changed at all in the last two months?

holy shit. that must be awesome in the stop and go traffic of a city.

Attached: Fagboy.gif (248x225, 476K)

No, Im still married.

Well, at least she didn't leave you.

degenerate

Attached: CrazyTheyCalledMe.jpg (216x233, 5K)

Stop and Go traffic is not a nightmare anymore thanks to Cruise Control (even though thats a feature many autos have now)

i make my cars last too. I'd rather my money get invested so I can retire early.

>Stop and Go traffic is not a nightmare anymore thanks to Cruise Control

Attached: cuato.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Good for you. For me a car is a long term investment. Something I plan to use for MANY years. That is why I didnt want to compromise, and buy something good, instead of regretting it in 5-8 years.

if you're OP then why did you buy a Tesla. Don't those cares (batteries) have only a 5 year shelf life?

Why are model 3 wheels so ugly? It's really a shame because the rest of the exterior looks pretty good.

cars*

bring back Saturns. those fuckers were reliable and easy to fix.

You're retarded, driving is so fucking boring. Scroll pol even more once I don't have to drive.

Attached: 1576265843860.jpg (980x782, 315K)

No. There are still Tesla Model S from 2012 running on the street with great range.

the first time i heard one passing me on the road i just knew it had to be the first tesla i ever "heard" because it sounded like a giant little electric RC car. then, it passed and i saw that it was a tesla. they're rare in tucson. they sound stupid.

...as if he's always in the city.

and yet it still passed you effortlessly

Best get used to that sound...

the lucky ones.

he'd have to be with the limited range and long charge time.

>they sound stupid
You buy a car on sound? You're dumber than the vapid white bitches that buy cell phones based on color.

2012 was 8 years ago
i've wasted my life

Attached: editedJeb2.png (378x428, 216K)

have you gotten any compliments from girls on it, how do women react, do they think its cool or a fancy family car

The original 2008 Roadster was a gorgeous thing imho.

>limited range
300+ miles for the LR version.
>long charge time
~100 miles in 15 minutes if he hits a V3 charger.

It's almost like random fagbots on Cred Forums don't know what they're talking about...

do teslas make any noise? even a fake engine-like noise to warn pedestrians when your near?

i'm just saying... it sounds like a toy. that's unbecoming of an adult, in my opinion. it's more about my level of class than intelligence.

oh, I forgot how tiny those European micro-nations are.

I wanted hydrogen cars, but that's just not gonna happen.

Is OP a native European? You're English is well.

yeah, whatever happened to that?

you're english, on the other foot, is badly

dude you should try a car like that and it will change your mind

Attached: 1581725441481.webm (960x1200, 1.06M)

Do Tesals have electric heaters or does the heat come from the electric motor and battery?

you're english is definitely not the yellow from the egg

I wouldnt be able to tell you if you are gonna get compliments or not, but I guarantee you you are going to get attention

I agree

Yes, you can hear them coming

Thank you. I am a native European. And no, English is not my native language. I appreciate the compliment.

I wouldn't be able to comment, since I never tried one, and I don't really know the technology that well. But at the present time, without the infrastructure to "charge them", they are not really practical, I fear.

It has AC

Everywhere in Cinci, Louisville, Indy.

kek

I drove a powerwheel before.

Attached: ModelS.jpg (1024x680, 79K)

>It has AC
but what about heat? if it's cold how does it heat up the interior? is it a separate electric heater, or a radiator system pulling heat from the motor and/or battery?

Attached: (YOU).gif (250x195, 1.78M)

Attached: CuntDestroyer.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

Does the air conditioning and heating put a big strain on the battery?

GAS GAS GAS

Tesla has regular air heater to heat the cabin. As it has large battery heating takes only few percents of the whole battery. It uses AC compressor to cool the cabin and even battery while supercharging.

Tesla also can heat/cool the battery with the same system. It can even heat the battery with heat from motor+inverter (but that is really a minimum amount, not enough for cabin, those are not connected).

thanks
Can it be fixed by the owner, or do you have to bring it to Tesla to fix?
Are there any European competitors? If so, then why Tesla?

Attached: Associate Bob.jpg (300x200, 16K)

No, there are no European competitors. Not at Teslas level at least, that I have heard of.

I guess everything can be fixed by the owner, if you are brave enough to open it. I wouldn't do it, but why not...?

You won't get any attention in Norway.

If you fix it yourself does it affect any kind of warranty? For example, I think Ferrari will void the warranty if you don't use Mobile 1 motor oil.

I dont know, but it wouldnt surprise me at all

But do they affect the range the car would normally have were the heat and air off?

Norwegians are too busy with their existential dread to pay attention to anything.

Can you just plug it into a standard outlet?

You can plug it anywhere you want. In any country, it adapts to any kind of voltage.

Whenever in the world you are, if there is electricity, you can charge.

No,they arent. The battery is licensed from Panasonic, and the build quality is absolute shit tier

Are you as arrogant and pious as all the other Tesla owners?

On what are you basing your claims? Why shit tier? Any source?

I would leave that decision to you, about my arrogance. But as for my experience, there are arrogant auto owners for every almost single brand of auto manufacturer

>it adapts to any kind of voltage.
ok that's clever. so you're only limited by how long the charge takes?

What's the top speed?
Does it have more than 1 gear?

Yeah, a normal outlet at home with maybe 3kw would probably take it around 20 hours to fill up. But of course that is something that you can even do overnight, if you have your own garage.

IN any case, it is not something that I do ever. But good to know, in case of emergency.

261 km/h, but I never tried to put it above 200
There are 4 gears
D - Drive
R - Reverse
N - Neutral
P - Park

Pretty self explanatory

>x70
yea what about tata drivers
?

I did not understand a single word

I meant drive gears. most cars have 3-6 gears, but I've heard electric cars only have 1, so I guess the motor just spins really fast like Sonic the Hedgehog

yes

That is correct. Only 1.

Tata Motors Ltd. Indian car manufacturer.

When did you realise electric is a piece of shit?

>Former model S owner
>Now drives cummins v8 diesel.

How many miles per gallon do you get?

>Tata Motors Ltd.
>Indian car manufacturer.

Attached: 098r73.jpg (800x456, 35K)

what's a gallon of electricity cost these days?