Why aren't you meditating, Cred Forums? Meditation has numerous studies supporting its long-term benefits. Plus...

Why aren't you meditating, Cred Forums? Meditation has numerous studies supporting its long-term benefits. Plus, "enlightenment" (for lack of a better word) ultimately helps free you from chasing fleeting desires, such as fapping to Instagram pics on Cred Forums for hours on end only to have a 10 second orgasm payoff.

Attached: Meditating.jpg (1080x720, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZ6cdIaUZCA
imgur.com/ZQE9ZGY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

are you the faggot from the mental awareness threads

>are you the faggot from the mental awareness threads
never seen such a thread, I rarely even come to Cred Forums... there's just no board where you can talk about meditation except /x/, and /x/ is delusional.

Meditation is dangerous, it brings all the unwanted thoughts back, I pass

Why do those thoughts bother you, though? Meditation is an opprotunity to explore that. You simply allow the thoughts to arise and then pass away, without trying to manipulate them or push them away. Over time, they lose their ability to negatively affect you. Isn't that a good thing?

Attached: jordan carver meditating.jpg (700x481, 118K)

Oh sweet user, if you could only understand how real OCD feels like, not the meme one you see in the internet. The thoughts keep coming forever, they never stop, they never pass. Still though, I suppose normies could find it beneficial

I have OCD and autism. Meditation turned my life around. You have to work with it. In your case, you may have to work longer than most, but your benefit will be greater.

How?

>How?
How what? I want to answer, just not sure what part you are questioning.

I am constantly meditating, it's called thinking faggot

Well, to be precise. I was fucked by over by life countless times.

Am a 28yo virgin autist with a bullshit degree in engineerings that couldn't land me a job because of "Lack of Experience". Got into a military program but got laid off because the chief hated my guts. He classified and bullshitted an exam to say I was "Psychotic" and thus unable to continue the program.

I feel so damn sad, lonely and as a loser. I had never feel loved, had never known what is to not worry about money, food or getting home to jerk off because that's all the intimacy I would ever get.

Would meditating help in any way at all?

>t's called thinking
Is this so?s Because I overthink too much and the past hurts.

The common thread I’m seeing is that it’s everyone else’s fault and never your own. Maybe if your meditated a little (thought about it) you wouldn’t be such a major fuck up with no concept of personal responsibility.

>Am a 28yo virgin autist with a bullshit degree in engineerings that couldn't land me a job because of "Lack of Experience".
Can relate, I actually had the same exact experience, engineering at all, and was 27 when I started meditating.
>I feel so damn sad, lonely and as a loser. I had never feel loved, had never known what is to not worry about money, food or getting home to jerk off because that's all the intimacy I would ever get.
Again, I was in the same position (am 33 now.) Being autistic, I relied on family for support, but never wanted for food or shelter. Now I am independent.

The problem for me was the ego. The feelings of sadness, lonliness and unworthiness come from you comparing yourself to others. Meditation isnt about building towards a goal, it is about tearing down your idea of who you are. Your thoughts about who you are aren't reality.

When I stopped giving a shit about how I seemed towards other people, other people finally accepted me. That alone shouldn't be your driving goal, but it is true. Your thoughts hold you back more than anything else, and that is what meditation deals with. It can absolutely change your life.

Do what I did. I initially decided to subtract 2 hours per day from the internet and instead invest them in meditation. Keep it up for about 3 months to see results. Look up Shinzen Young on YouTube to learn good meditation.

>I am constantly meditating, it's called thinking faggot
When most people think, they are attached to thoughts. The defining characteristic of meditation is non-attachment. Being lost in thought is the antithesis of meditation.

I'm not in the US, I don't have a fancy surname and couldn't get a job related to fuck anything engineerings or else I wouldn't have had time to study in the first place.

Then, the freaking officer asshole hated me because of different things that happened near me. I got fever twice while at the officers' school. He hated it because in his mind I was "Just pretending", Doctors told him to fuck off once.

I always take responsability of my mistakes and took my punishments. But the thing is this is very rare, nobody gives a flying fuck about morality and correctness. If people can blame anybody else they will.

Fuck you and your gay thread, faggot.

Attached: 1543813575594.jpg (224x225, 4K)

How do you meditate?

Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to sit in any fancy way. Just sit. Observe whatever happens in your consciousness. A sound may arise. Listen to that sound closely, and if suddenly you feel a breeze, allow your attention to feel the breeze. Simply observe the stream of events that happens as they arise and dissapear. Do nothing to try to control it. The instructions are:

Observe your awareness. Let whatever happens, happen. If you notice an intention to control your attention, drop that intention.

It is simple but takes a long time to master.

What about counting your breaths? Or telling your mind "Hey, breath manually"?

>invest
You're squandering a twelfth of your life doing literally nothing.

Or you're claiming to anyway. No-one really does this, because why would they? You'd have to be insane or brain-dead or something to just sit there doing nothing, and you'd have to be lying or retarded to say that doing nothing improves you somehow.

No-one believes you about your magic powers.

>Observe your awareness. Let whatever happens, happen. If you notice an intention to control your attention, drop that intention.
this is clutch

>awareness
>attention
>control intention
Please define these terms.

i'd rather obliterate my brain with technological indulgences and drugs. fuck off with your health meme

Never claimed to have magic powers. "Doing nothing" isn't actually an exact descrip[tion of the technique. It is hard to describe meditation in any other way, however. Here is a video on the technique: youtube.com/watch?v=cZ6cdIaUZCA

Meditation is quite different than sitting there and just doing nothing, as you seem to think. There are many nuances in order to make it work.

idk most people spend a lot more of their life doing nothing than that
how many hours a day do you browse useless shit, watch useless shit, do useless shit, etc?
for most its a lot more than 2.

They are all defined here in detail (in the video, which you must watch on YT) Again, it is a very nuanced practice, and those terms DO have very specific definitions you must follow, so it's actually good you picked up on that.

that and its actually not nothing
meditation is like working out, but for your life

imgur.com/ZQE9ZGY

>It is simple but takes a long time to master.

There is no mastering. That's why it's called a practice. Stop making it a reward-based endeavor. You're trying way too hard otherwise.

Sorry for the confusion, but the "do nothing" technique, does not mean just follow the next impulse that arises in consciousness (which is what you describe). Browsing useless shit means clicking on links, looking up hit, etc. That's all choice. This is about choicelessness. It is the complete op[posite of that.

I tried. I used the app "Headspace" for a while. I could never tell if I was doing it right, but I suspect that I wasn't because it didn't seem to help.

Of course, this isn't a "goal" based activity, but we have to make certain concessions when trying to describe it to others. Hopefully, we can turn people onto this practice.