Does anyone on Cred Forums speak any interesting, unique or dead languages...

Does anyone on Cred Forums speak any interesting, unique or dead languages? If so what prompted you to learn said language? How has it been of use to you?
Pic very loosely related

Attached: Screenshot_20200213-073526~2.png (720x542, 518K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iolo_Morganwg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I said do you speaka my language, he just smiled and gave me a vegimite sandwich

Speak Welsh, that's quite dead although on the rise

I’m an American who learned welsh specifically to read the Bardas as compiled by Iolo Morganwg without the fucked up translations from the late 1800’s

It has been absolutely useless otherwise
Though when I went to whales I did freak some people out by being able to order food and shit in cymri

Alright
So what are the chances here?

Wellay noway thatay youay mentionay itay, I doay speakay oneay interestingay languageay.

1 in a gorillion

I can speak sarcasm. That's a language that's been brain dead for decades already.

Isn't it ironic

Lolo morganwg. Dafuq is that

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iolo_Morganwg
I have one of his books untranslated
And used it as an excuse to learn welsh

It is, yes :/

Attached: 1582351886713.png (378x504, 473K)

Not "Lolo", " Iolo" as in "iolo" or "yolo" if you will.
In any case, his name should be a meme.

I speak Sorbian, a dying minority language in Germany. It's quite usefull actually if you want to tell your friends something others shouldn't hear.

Hi Carl

Me and a high school buddy exchanged messages in Latin. One day, our math teacher took one of the notes we had written and threw it away. After class she took it out and went to the Latin teacher to translate it. We wrote typical teenager shit like how we wanted to bang the teacher (she was a hot 23 year old) and other tidbits. Interestingly, the math teacher never reported it, and didn't even act weird around us or avoid us after knowing the fact. But this isn't a fake b fantasy, she didn't hit on us or anything. But our Latin teacher, who we no longer had a class with since we already took all of her classes, made us write an essay on respecting women in Latin or report us. She did say, however, that she was impressed with our usage of Latin and despite the content was happy enough to see her students actually use it.

the obscurest language I speak is just Esperanto

When I was a kid, I was into roleplaying a lot. Learned felya sanari, some elven made up language, to DM elves better. Don't know it anymore though, lack of use. Vocabulary was a bit limited too since it wasn't an actual language.

I speak Mexican.

Attached: 278de90e7bbf062eb2f8a5931a655eb2e747ae2er1-768.jpg (768x689, 61K)

You learned a whole language and visited and mixed with the locals but you still can't spell the name of the country related?

( x ) Doubt

Why do you go around telling these lies on the internet all day long user?

*tipping intensifies

Do you have autism? Not trolling, actually asking.

>makes a super common typo
>lAwL lArPeR xD

i speak old english with a mercian influence.
im english and was born in and live in modern day mercia. my surname is double barrel of 2 english surnames that dates back to just before 1000 and 1200.
my family has a book that the first born son writes in about his life and hands it to his first born son and so on, it's been rewrote many times but is still in old english.
i learnt old english for when my time comes to write in it. i learnt a lot of it by just reading through what my ancestors wrote.

it's had other purposes though such as tricks. once passed out from a heavy nose bleed and woke up speaking it exclusively for an hour at school to the staff, they understood some words which made it even better.
i can read untranslated texts from history that document the raids of england.
i have also done voice acting 12 times, mostly video game battle chatter, random talking and such but some background noise in videos. i plan on doing this professionally after a few years in the military.

>Whales
>Wales
He didn't write Wahles or Walhes or fuck up with another letter - he specifically wrote the name of the animal, it would be like spelling Knight but saying "NO I meant NIGHT - but that's just a common typo!"