Whats the best video game series ever made? Why?

Whats the best video game series ever made? Why?

For me, its Halo. Specifically Halo Reach. The desperation of humanity as the covenant brings over 700 capital ships and destroys the planet despite Noble team's best effort, is palpable.

Attached: halo-reach-wallpaper.jpg (600x338, 49K)

Fallout or final fantasy maybe mario

For story it's the metro series. For just fun to play, diablo

Attached: metro_last_light_29315.jpg (640x360, 164K)

halo reach is quite awesome indeed

Oh right why...metro tells just about the most badass intense action story ever made and by the end I felt like I knew my character who in reality was portrayed by a fps.

Diablo has had the best gameplay of any game I've ever played (as an average between all games)

Right series wrong game. 2nd or 3rd best campaign but the multiplayer lets it down. All the games have some issues but Reach's issues are the worst. Bloom, sprint and abilities are pure cancer. Apart from Halo maybe Bioshock or Gears Of War.

I agree, but Reach is sentimental because its the first game I played.

I played Metro last light a few years ago, and I actually bothered to finish the campaign, which is a bit rare for me. Same with the last game. I don't like the ending too much though.

Attached: 1493504887597.jpg (900x900, 109K)

Kenshi is my favorite.

BioShock blew my mind, so did Bio 2 and Minerva's den.
Infinite made me religious again

>the first game I played

Holy shit, I am olfag. AMA

Attached: ayeee.jpg (342x342, 38K)

Half-Life. Practically invented the modern story-driven shooter. It's why you have a Halo in the first place.

>Oldfag here

Bioshock is #3 in my top three. I will reply if i relate to any other posts.

Attached: comfy11.jpg (2560x1600, 625K)

>likes an amazing FPS franchise
>favorite one is the literal worst FPS of all time

Attached: C6EEA883-422B-4C2F-90F1-944366D35379.jpg (334x364, 80K)

Don't get me wrong, I love Halo with a passion, but it's not the best series. There were some real stinkers over the years. I'd say Fallout or Metro Prime is better.

Nah, I just had a playstation and thus never looked in the xbox section when I went to gamestop. I would buy james bond games..

Lol

I mean both Halo and Fallout arent known for being the most consistent games recently but Halo has more replayability, influence, and the games have aged better I'd say. I think F3 and H3 came out the same year and H3 defo aged better.

Virtual Villagers
Why? Because idle games are cool in a frustrating shitty way. Only con is no paedophilia with the small boys allowed nor homosexuality, so fuck you developers.
Also Strager Life or whatever.
Cool games about teens with supre powers and shit go back in time and shoot lazers or some shit. Gay boy doing preteen sex is implied kek. But no poop sadly.

Attached: 1576808095212.jpg (1815x1372, 872K)

Attached: 1576805117998.png (1467x1346, 1.51M)

Attached: 1576809144202.webm (960x540, 1.37M)

The Cred Forums retards always leak onto every thread

Metal Gear Solid! fight me bitch

Where is it even implied I'm concerned about it...

Halo is objectively the best FPS of all time you dumb fucking Faggot.

How in the fuck is reach the first game you ever played. Are you 12?

Thats what he said retard, but Reach is fucking garbage compared to 1,2 & 3

Found the console kiddy.

Name one thing Halo innovated.

Matchmaking and friends lists.

Mass effect, until autistic writers ruined it with Andromeda.

>What is Battle.net?
Try again.

Holy fuck I need to get of this site

Kuss

You’re a baby! Awwww

It’s a close tie between the Halo series and the Call of Duty MW series. The last of us is is debatable to be a contender. Strictly talking about story lines of course.

Imagine saying that and thinking you're not retarded

>Best series
>COD
I actually have no words other than you're a fucking faggot

Gonna be an unpopular opinion, but the Elder Scrolls games. They're far from perfect, and Bethesda has been sucking a lot lately, but Skyrim is one of the biggest single player experiences a gamer could have. I know a lot of non-gamers that would know what Skyrim is if I mentioned it.

Lol he did pick the gayest one

I think this dude got confused

It's Call of Duty. Fucking retards

Attached: 539D3E96-DF35-4D29-A787-EA4232793496.jpg (1200x1600, 455K)

CoD is the best. Agreed. Based on sales and variety alone.

Duh

Attached: 9F61E067-5544-4C42-8EA8-CA3675FF5AAF.jpg (1200x1600, 283K)

Based on how many hours I sank into it and how many more I probably will it's S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Out of all the games series this one managed to completly pull me into its world. It probably has to do with it's atmosphere .

Metro is ok, but after 1 playthrough of each game I never wanted to touch it again.

Westwood Studios and Bullfrog were great studios. Bungie too and Blizzard pre sellout. Red Barrel as well.

What's so great about Red Barrels? Sure Outlast 1 and it's DLC are solid, but 2nd part is painfully mediocre

Put up or shut up. Name a single thing Halo innovated.

Morrowind was one of the greatest games ever made. As bad as BethSoft is nowadays, I'd throw my wallet at Todd Howard to get a Morrowind HD remaster.

Lool the fact you're actually asking that speaks volumes of retardation. You're also American so defo retarded

I love the old cod games, I feel like the advance warfare and beyond that made it somewhat harder for me to get into. I like modern warfare though I think its pretty decent.