How do you guys deal with the knowledge that you’re going to die. any of us could die within the next 24 hours...

how do you guys deal with the knowledge that you’re going to die. any of us could die within the next 24 hours. if this place has taught me anything, it’s that death is ugly, meaningless, painful, and undignified. how the fuck do you deal with the existential terror. the only way I can deal is to not think about it. I can’t even sleep without a distraction, my mind always creeps back into the dread.

Attached: shooters.gif (640x853, 385K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/9jJbyv8
accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an05/an05.057.than.html
youtube.com/watch?v=D23XzeDSZ6I&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1 day at a time

Idk if I die I die, nuthing I can do bout it can I

Oh god I used to be like you. Until I had a dream. In this dream, I died then I woke up in the future. Those niggas bring the ded back. Idk it just felt rlly real

What is image in correlation to

If you are dead, death is nothing to you, since you are no more. you cannot conceive your absence and thus you cannot feel in any way about it.
if you are not dead, death is nothing to you, since you are. it is not death you fear, but the process of dying.

When thinking about death you always make the same mistake - imagining yourself experiencing death. What will it feel like in heaven? What will it feel like in a coffin?

But it won't feel like anything because YOU WON'T BE THERE. Death is the end. It is the total absence of you.

To quote Tom Stoppard, "Death isn't."

Attached: mr natural.jpg (659x346, 95K)

You just woke up

Best answers

At least when dying there is something . But when dead > I bet you get a bit bored

I hope I die idgaf

No you don´t. Nothingness is not the conceived absence of things. it is nothingness.

Unless of course you are religious. Then dying shouldnt be a huge deal for you anyway.

Accept that death is a part of life.

I start every day by repeating the following to myself:

1. I am of the nature to grow old, I have not overcome aging.
2. I am of the nature to become sick, I have not overcome sickness.
3. I am of the nature to die, I have not overcome death.
4. I will grow different and separate from all that is dear and appealing to me.
5. I am born of my actions, related to through my actions, and have my actions as my base. Whatever I do, for good or evil, the results of such I shall inherit.

The purpose of repeating those things is so that they become the immediate thoughts that come to mind when facing old age, sickness, and death. It's not necessarily comforting, but it acts as a reminder that life, while full of pleasant things, is also full of suffering; that everything that arises must also vanish, and that my body, my feelings, my perceptions, my thoughts, and my consciousness are not me, not mine, and not myself. I ultimately have no ownership over anything. Not having ownership over anything, I should strive to cling to nothing.

>>I ultimately have no ownership over anything. Not having ownership over anything, I should strive to cling to nothing.

your conclusion is nice, but your process put me into a coma. bet you are fun at parties.

Do some shrooms about it. No, seriously. Ego death lends perspective.

What matters is how you live, not how you die.

imgur.com/9jJbyv8

I am actually. I guess you're not one for reading?

just accept it, if i knew i would die in the next hour i would have all emotions but accept it in the end.. because death is the main goal of life, but not suicide, that is not a goal

I love reading. I just hate pretentiousness. and you seem like you think a lot about yourself for liking reading.

memento mori faggot

>the only way I can deal is to not think about it.
exactly this

think of it like your birthday
its going to happen whether you want it to or not, like how you go on Cred Forums or type the next keystroke. its inevitable so why think about it?
you know its going to happen so fuck it live life
while youre young and still have your bodily
functions.

who cares im just glad to be alive

Attached: Odo_smiling.jpg (556x550, 32K)

accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an05/an05.057.than.html

Don't worry, god saves

*laughs in survivor*

you panic and imagine too much , death is good and brings new life

I pretend it isn't true.

Your in a post asking
"how do you guys deal with the knowledge that you’re going to die"

>bet you are fun at parties
I'm betting the same for you, you need to be able to read a room to be fun at parties. You can't even read what a thread is about.

Faith.

>I love reading. I just hate pretentiousness.
Your favorite book.

Please stop quoting it on parties, only you think you're fun.

Attached: 81np6KttdDL.jpg (1400x2278, 303K)

He can save you, user.

Attached: 1519704511062.jpg (824x275, 39K)

I don’t want to lose my awareness. I can’t fucking stand the thought that one day I will no longer exist. And the way my existence is stolen from me will most likely be the worst moments of my life. Most people don’t die around loved ones or with a sense of accomplishment or defiance like in the movies. They die alone, in pain and with regret. They die on the highway with their head smashed into peices. Or their in their homes after an organ stops working. They cease to be. So many people with lives as complex as mine and yours have just stopped being people.

I don't want to die I don't want to die god I don't want to die it's so scary i don't want to die it's just a void I just doin't want to die I don't want to die

dont care. nothing makes me want to keep going. honestly id rather go sooner than later.

i dont want to die because ill miss all the cool stuff that might happen in the future. that fucking sucks.

Do 10g of shrooms and you will overcome this.

I grew up in church and I’m 100% sure there is no abrahamic God. The only reason I still go is so my parents don’t die thinking I’m going to hell.

I don't want to die because i will probably die in embarrassing way and everyone will laugh about me. Also someone will search through my computer.

see
Also contemplate that every generation has realized the exact same thing that you did, but had less and less agency to delay death. You are in the best position to live as long as possible as any human has ever been in..

The nihilism you feel is the logical conclusion to a materialist view of life apart from the personal Creator.

Attached: 003B5BCC-1CFB-444A-9844-6E01E81EF27D.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Knowing that I'll die eventually just makes it hard to enjoy life while I'm here. I almost don't want to connect to things that I know are temporary.

what would lead you to that conclusion?

I dunno how or when i die, but when I do i'm making the first competitor for "Funniest chalk outline"

It's tough, man. I'm in the same boat, but I learned something last year. I woke up tired. Not depressed, not suicidal, just tired. I was okay with blinking out forever at that moment. Only time I've ever felt it, but I'm only 23. I feel that if you live your life well enough you'll die tired and ready rather than terrified and undignified

what fucks me up the most is that after my death 1 day will pass, then a month, a year, a decade, century.... millions of year and you will never be aware of any of it. we will just be a thing of the distant past someday.

1) because they taste funny

2)

3)

That’s the only one I could figure out, anyone know the other two?

That's not how you use the word dread.
I dread him
This is a dread place
A dreading to be
Etc.

That’s the only bummer about dying - I want cool robot parts!

Sure but realistically, what are the chances of you actually going to heaven instead of hell?

You're not taking anything into the next world unless you realize eternal truths IN THIS LIFE.

Unless you have some kind of cosmic unity experience you will go extinct... but I promise you there is more.

Seek with a pure heart, everything else will burn away anyhow
The price could be everything but you must be willing to pay it.
you won't just know, you'll feel it too

You won't see it coming, most deaths are instant and you'll be unconscious before ya bleed out.
It's an uncontrollable variable, so fuckin get over it.

There is of course the possibility that you're wrong and you don't just cease to exist. You would then find yourself in front of a holy God ready to pronounce sentence upon your deeds. Good luck, user.

I don't give a shit

At least credit Epicurus.

ITT: scared faggots and cope autists. And shrooms druggies.
You goys are ridiculous. Life is. Consciousness is. Death is a change of state. Your body dies, you don't. Do you die when you fall asleep? Are you reborn when you wake up? Yet you leave your body every night.
Ignorant, scared faggots are pathetic. Chritcucks aren't much better. Shroomies... try doing it without drugs, faggots.

The reason Jesus died was to forgive the sins all mankind would make from that point onward so we wouldn't to repent for our sins, you must simply believe that by accepting god into your heart, you will be forgiven for those sins, but only if you truly are repentant, not simply asking for forgiveness just to turn around and do it again, but even should that happen without your intention because you are human and we are destined as mankind to repeat our mistakes, you can still be forgiven, god knows what is truly in your heart, you cant lie, you cannot deceive, accept that god forgives your sins should you accept him into your heart and into your life, you can be saved, even if you cannot find faith you will have 1,000 years under gods rule. be at peace with this knowledge and live your life

Attached: 400191.jpg (1920x1080, 202K)

I don't need to be forgiven for having beliefs other than Christianity.

I'm not under any sect of religious group

Maybe join EMS and be a paramedic. We see lots of dead folk so you get used to the idea. It is definitely undignified but if you're dead you won't care lol

nothing real dies

Hello my fellow monkey, hows the sopa? Delícia?

Dont worry, when you get older you start craving death.

I didn't mind not existing for the six billion years or so before I was born, I imagine it can't be any worse than that. Now dying, that's the rough part.

I have had severe heart failure and several heart attacks.

Hey man sudden death aint nothing. Youre just dreading leaving. Its nice over there. No TV tho for some reason.

Just worry about dying with life having been livved as right as possible. Dont regret stuff like me.

And why do you believe all this crap?

And why would you believe this shit?

Must have been really boring to sit through millions of years of nothing before you were born huh?

>Totally not brainwashing

yea but that's retarded.

Tell that to my sissyass granddad.

EVERYTHING DIES!!!

why? someday well be the distant past.

Quit mining me for info.

IKR
Atheist materialist fags are the biggest joke

I'm not, padawan.

Existence is pain for some of us. Death seems like freedom.

IKR. The irony of it all.

not knowing if i will die before my friends, and also not knowing who will die horribly is haunting me rn.

Attached: god fucking dammit.png (529x566, 508K)

essence of everything doesent

I would do basically anything to live forever. The fact that all this is going to go away really bothers me. I feel like basically all my problems stem from knowing that I'm going to die.

> Cмepть жecтoкaя (бoлeзнeннaя и пoлeзнaя)

Дaвaйтe пoмecтим cлoвa в cлoвa х

Cмepть cмepть cмepть cмepть cмepть cмepть cмepть cмepть cмepть cмepть cмepть cмepть cмepть

Эвaкyaциoнный пpиют ...

... вы пoчти пoлyчили этo 、 bbbb / / / / / / / / / / / / /

> Я пepeбивaю и вoзвpaщaюcь к cвoeмy cepдцy 、 мoe cepдцe - тo ecть ...

Узнaйтe 、 чтo oни имeют в видy? Клacc oчeнь лeгкo пpoчитaть。 Дyмaя o пocлeдних 904 300 нecчacтных cлyчaях зa пocлeдниe 15 лeт ...

... oгoнь 、 зaлить кapeтy вы мoжeтe yвидeть 、 пpoчитaть

>I would do basically anything to live forever.
Do you really want to live forever?
Forever is a very, very long time.
You will see everyone you know die
You will see the earth roast, and then the sun die
You will see the stars wink out one by one in the cosmos
You will witness the disintegration of matter itself as it slowly decays to nothing, or as the universe tears itself apart.
You will then be condemned to exist in a cold, dark, infinite void, forever.

Are you really sure that's what you want?

I wish I could relate. This life isn't kind. It hurts and it's like a punishment.

I spent 12 years in the army. I know for 100% fact many people are alive because of what I've done. It fucked me up pretty bad but I know that many people are still alive today because of the fucked shit I did. One life for many is okay. If I suck start a gun I know hundreds lived because what I did. I'm okay with that.

Attached: boop awwww.gif (320x180, 1.25M)

I've determined this through personal soul searching, I don't even go to church, I only even shared because some people are lost, they think their is no purpose to their lives, its truly sad, I use to come to /b to see interesting conversations, but also witness mankind at their darkest hours.... believing what I had to say is of no consequence to me but, I am sure god appreciates it

This is horse shit made to make you feel better about the shit life you lived and how you don't exist after you die. What have you done to improve anyone else's life?

Nobody knows what happens after “death”...I’m not religious but at the same time I am also not an alarmist about things I don’t know. “Death” can literally be anything even the possibility it’s something humans can comprehend but not explain.

who are you to decide who may lie to himself or not? just leave him.

This.

The fact the Bible has been rewritten so many times yet one of the final commandments is not to add anything to the Bible or else all the plagues spoken inside of it will be smite upon the one who does... also the Catholic Church, surrounded by satanism and pedophilia is the entity who decides what stories are “canon” and not. Like a true Christian I don’t follow the “written word” of god but believe it is writ in all of mans heart and soul. The churches turned against god long ago and it’s up to the truth era to love and befriend all the sinners

Nobody. But that doesn't make my opinion any less valid. We are just bags of meat waiting to decompose. If you can't face comments then fuck you.

I can't imagine anything better than not existing at all.
In oblivion, no dreams are unfulfilled.

I honestly don't feel bad about anything in my life, Im just here riding the waves, you don't have to save everyone, but some people appreciate it, some don't

I am not claiming to be a saint, but I can honestly look at my life lived thus far and feel happy about it, I do know people have it far worse than myself and that may make it easier, but my life has certainly be filled with harsh convictions, things that made me a better person, I dont need to spread the word because Im already happy, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't at least try to get other people who are in darker places to greener pastures.

People have been making up religion since the dawn of time. Doesn't make it right. People are just scared of death and the thought of fluffy clouds just makes people feel better.

wow your so dramatic and deep lmao thinking about death too much is a waste of life. Just accept it and surrender when the reaper comes and see what happens.

>I’m 100% sure
Dude, you're just stupid
As a nonebeliever all you can reasonably say about God is that you have no idea if exists or not.

Attached: 15400427_10211277328429524_978470099310707577_n.jpg (751x640, 71K)

Absolutely everyone has to die. May as well just live until the end.

then kill yourself now. everything worth while is temporary.

Agreed, for the most part, and I have also been guilty of following what is the popular consensus not necessarily what is the right one

Just enjoy the ride while it lasts, when it's over you won't think or feel a thing. It's idiotic to think about non-existentence during existence. There will be no thinking during non-existentence, and therefore no agony and suffering so no need to worry about dying. Get busy living or get busy bleaching assholes

There was no pain before bitrh, therefore...

>how do you guys deal with the knowledge that you’re going to die. any of us could die within the next 24 hours

I don't fear death.
Things will simply return to how they were before I was born, and I don't let that previous state bother me either.

I do worry a bit about the process of dying, though. If possible, I would prefer it to be as painless as possible.

I do agree with trying to help people hurting into greener pastures. But when you die that's it. Just a meat sack in the ground. Religion has been around for as long as humans have existed. Sun god, wind god ect. All religions currently in practice haven't been around all that long. 2000 years isn't much when you think about the earth being 4.5 billion years old. There has been a fuck ton of religions through out that.
We just want to feel like it has meaning, but it doesn't.

>bet you are fun at parties
what a dumb fucking redditfag response. "durrrr, why can't everybody speak in funny quips all the time. I bet you actually think sometimes, instead of constantly acting as though you are at a party and people are judging you". Kys you fucking retard

>In oblivion, no dreams

ftfy

I always liked this quote.

Attached: just god.png (605x470, 156K)

user of truth.Makes you able to experience what a fake death is like

Imagine existing and wanting this much to be a good goy.
Keep fagging around user
>inb4 christfag

Idk why but for the last couple of years I haven't been able to shake the fear of death. I'm always thinking about it. I've been weening off Suboxone since January and have been a smoker for a long time. I did pick up vaping to quit so I haven't smoked cigarettes in about 5 years. I just feel old, lungs cashed out, tired all the time, and I'm 38. It's debilitating sometimes because I'm constantly thinking I'm going to die. It's a horrible and scary way to live. I talked to my psychiatrist and he gave me a small Xanax prescription but it only helps me fall asleep. I've taken acid and mushrooms but it hasn't helped. It sucks and I hate it.

Thats fine for you to be your truth, it isn't mine, but it's not as though I reject it either, people often don't accept something they cant prove, but if you could prove gods existence, would you be living your life to your own accord, or would. you; In fear of persecution in the presence of omnipotence be capable of living your life how you wanted to knowing that something was watching your life playout? Sorry, this is probably still something out of fantasy for you, I shouldn't assume that but Mankind is jaded and so am I. It's been lovely maybe I will see you again one day, I have a big day tomorrow so I need to sleep, religious or not, dead or not, have a goodnight person

You will, user. It's just a question of when. Take your time getting there bc that last stop will be a LONG one.

I accepted death

Sentience changes everything. It is difficult to accept death once you have tasted life.

Shut the fuck up incel.

Well, you burnt off 38 years. You can cry about that or actually try to enjoy the rest of your life before you no longer exist. I'm 39, I know that when I'm dead it doesn't matter at all. Try to live as much as you can before it ends. Go get sucked, fuck a tranny, bang a tree, stop thinking about what if and focus on what could. You have at best 40 more years, make them epic! Fuck in mid air after a parajump to prove that your alive. When you die, you're just a meatbag. Make it count while you're alive.

>fuck a tranny
Kill yourself.

seeJust try to be a person that you are okay being.

Well for me it is just a mater occupying my mind. But that is a bad mindset in my mind cuz the more you think about it the more you realise that all of this is pointless and momentary. And only then you can realise how litle time we have to be alive and that you need to enjoy that time. Yes there are bad moments and good ones too and there might be a time that the bad ones outweigh the good ones but you have to remember that every second being alive is yours to enjoy.

Someone has a bunch of hang ups. "Oh no, I enjoyed myself with a girl with a dick"
Pretty fucking sad.
"I only want god in me" Pretty gay. lol.

Why waste your time and energy stressing out over something that you have absolutely no control? Death is inevitable and unstoppable. You'll probably have enough time to come to terms with it, although you could die tomorrow or next year.
Fundamentally I don't fear death, I only fear dying. Dying is probably going to suck quite a lot.

As long as I am present, death is absent. Once death is present, I am absent. We will never meet.

t. retard

of course this isn't something you can come to terms with as it's what ive been brought up with since birth.
i don't fear death because i welcome it. due to the afterlife i believe in. if my time comes, im going to be holding my head up high and going out with pride and dignity. BUT i realise that people do fear death which is why when i was stuck in a burning building 3 years ago, i accepted my death and didn't exit the building until everyone inside was either dead or now outside. to me that solidified my faith due to reasons i can't be bothered to write.
i have since went skydiving many times, freediving in the ocean and have planned more close to death experiences.

although i don't fear death, i fear getting weak. the men in my family for centuries has killed themselves just as they start becoming weak and unable to preform in life properly. i fear getting put in a coma and becoming weak and going on cancer treatment and becoming weak, which is why if i ever get cancer, im just going to let it kill me.
dying weak is a huge fear and one the driving forces that gets me through the gym on the hardest of days.

>I don’t want to lose my awareness. I can’t fucking stand the thought that one day I will no longer exist.
So? The universe and reality doesn't give a single fuck what you want! The sooner you accept this and come to terms with it the happier you'll be, and the less time you'll waste worrying about dying.
>And the way my existence is stolen from me will most likely be the worst moments of my life.
There are things much worse than death and dying mate. Sometimes death can be a mercy, especially when someone is suffering. Fundamentally you aren't important, and when you die nothing important will have been taken from the world. You're never going to cure cancer or figure out the secret of biological immortality, so fuck you.

Oh no, magic man in the sky says don't eat shrimp, where mixed fabrics, touch yourself and a bunch of other shit. You're to dumb to contribute to the conversation so please take your 75 IQ and fuck off.

By all means, tell me who wrote the bible? Someone must have wrote it for it to be around today. Was it a human?

>>hurrdurr I think I´m deep and diffrent.

If the fruits of your thoughts make you a raging faggot, your thoughts might be gay.

Since we all are to be none, all our opinions are worth nothing. including yours and mine. thus, something without value can´t be less of value.

Your comment was stupid so they weren't wrong. But good on you for calling a real though gay. Super smart, you are.

Lazy response.

By thinking of death as a conclusion to a story I have been able to write but could not finish myself.
Remembering death is what makes me feel more alive than anything else. It can become a driving factor in raising the quality of the life I am living now. And thereby Death can become a fulfilling end.
You are only afraid because you believe you are missing something. And you indeed are.

The product of THE WITNESS is a biological byproduct of temporal and physiological context. Only kindness is truly real. Will your heart be heavier than a feather?

One day you will close your eyes and the entire history of the universe will pass you by in a blink of an eye.

It's pretty interesting if you think about it like this.

You're not wrong. However our actions have a response in the world. Acting to protect the lives of some at the cost of your mental health means something in a world without an afterlife.
It means that value can be made. I sacrificed myself and sadly my brothers life to make hundreds of lives better/alive. I fucked up my life and by accident, my brothers to save people from being killed. I will have to live with that. But I can take pease that so fucking many people are alive because of me.

youtube.com/watch?v=D23XzeDSZ6I&t

Attached: 1561499872745.jpg (1080x913, 151K)

Ding ding ding. If you hate it call it wrong. Fucking low IQ retard.

Life expectancy is longer than ever. Sure, there's a chance you won't, but the odds are pretty good in your favor.
Besides, why be afraid of something when you have no idea what it is or where it will come from? It's like floating in the ocean, terrorizing yourself about the sharks that aren't even there.

>i bet u fun at partttty
Wow, got 'em.

If you are so mentally deficient to stay on Cred Forums like everyone else here and thinking about it, you are gonna keep being this miserable

>how the fuck do you deal with the existential terror.
It's a choice and you only have two choices user. You can fear it or you can embrace it. Since it's inevitable and you can't do anything at all to change it, there's literally no point in fearing it - so you may as well embrace it. It's an experience we only get once, so fucking it up would be a terrible waste. By fucking it up I mean by shitting your pants in fear, being hysterical or paralyzed or crying out to whoever/whatever for help. None of that will change anything. It's not a bravery thing, it's a sensibility thing. Who wants to go screaming into death in panic mode? I prefer to go out with peace and dignity. I want them to find me with a smile on my face. With that mindset I don't fear death, I look forward to the moment.

Attached: giphy.gif (250x187, 774K)

So why are you here?

I deal with it by building cool things for other people to enjoy. This way even if I die, and no matter how it is there the idea that at least my enjoyment and value in something lives on beyond me. Death is only truly terrifying when alone.

do drugs and alcohol

dude, I feel the same way!

I don't waste time worrying about death. It is what it is.

I want to die so that’s kind of a blessing I suppose.

We all know we're going to die dude stop taking yourself so seriously, this is all just a repetitive unfunny joke in a dream and death is our only chance that we can awake from it.

Attached: 1581963800418.png (1035x731, 859K)

I think death is here to give our lives a meaning. Otherwise nothing would matter. And it wouldnt matter if we were immortal. Why do something today if you have infinite time at hand? Get it?
Also, im 34 and im already sick of 80% of people in my life. Having to stand them for infinite time would make me wanna kill myself.
Death is part of lifecycle. Dying can be scary though.
But i fear loneliness more than death and so should you.

Man, I can't wait to die. Probably because I don't believe there's an after life (if there is, I'm definitely going to hell) and non existence would be a blessing compared the peasant 9-5 life I'm doomed to lead.

Why be afraid of death? Knowing that there is an end is the sweetest thing there is. Being afraid of death is like being afraid of receiving your college cert. Sure it was fun, but it was hell too. Life is a rollercoaster of happiness but also massive disappointments for most of us.

Unless you're a billionaire prince fucking models daily, death would be amazing.

The reaper fucks everyone
Get used to it faggot

Didn’t read lol

Attached: 213A617B-0CF3-42D5-866D-47DB86F62B1B.gif (326x261, 372K)

Same

After a while intense gore doesn’t bother me

Remember what it was like before you were born? Neither do I.
That's how it's like after you die.
Don't worry so much about it

It just doesn't seem that bad tbh. Any death I don't see coming for a while is going to be quick, and after that there's nothing to worry about anymore. Not existing has to be the most relaxed of all possible states.

Think of it this way: death is the end of this life and the beginning of the next one.

Learn want to die, then death becomes a gleeful catharsis. I'm not terribly unhappy but man I cant wait to die

> mine
> existence
>turns into non-existence
> therefore i turn into non-existence also
Imagine getting into this kind of conclusion. Is it because your puppy died and now you can see him only in your mind, am i right? boo hoo, they are not coming back, it's over, Nietzsche was right, darkness incarnate, boo hoo. Shut the fuck up you idiots. Just use the fucking reason and you will see how shallow, foolish and naive materialist view is, you sad fucking little faggits.

Attached: jc2amv4.jpg (500x328, 40K)

>how the fuck do you deal with the existential terror.
read Dolores Cannon

Attached: Dolores Cannon.jpg (195x259, 5K)