I guess we’ll never know now

I guess we’ll never know now...
> Mike Hughes, has been confirmed dead after >launching himself in the air with a self-made >steam-powered rocket that crash-landed.

Attached: AB242B7C-47F9-4A48-AD23-46CA4B1C3AA0.jpg (1000x541, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lLuBDojtefA
twitter.com/i/status/1231336002175717376
ascienceenthusiast.com/flat-earthers-prove-themselves-wrong-twice-with-their-own-experiments-in-netflix-documentary/
youtube.com/watch?v=XCDKJQ3Z8bU
youtu.be/smUEvnTYxi0
youtu.be/pJdrlWR-yFM?t=488
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_route
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

....the funny thing is, he was only trying to get to 5000ft. Why not just get in a plane or ballon? There are higher hills you could drive up. I reckon he just wanted to build a rocket. What a muppet....
Here is his last glorious takeoff.

youtu.be/lLuBDojtefA

That video is shit. Here's the full one including the actual crash twitter.com/i/status/1231336002175717376

FE logic:
"They" killed him, it's a conspiracy.
Had he succeeded and returned, red faced, admitting to a certain roundness - they'd have gone "He's a shill, "they" got to him. he's part of the conspiracy".

A scientist will dismiss a theory should evidence contratict it.
A flat earther will dismiss the evidence should it contradict his theory.

Attached: Flat2.png (1049x606, 113K)

Ha ha ha shit, thanks user : D

>Is dumb enough to believe flat earth
>thinks he's smart enough to build a safe rocket
yeah, number 1 precludes number 2, too bad he wasn't smart enough to realize that.

Attached: MMD.webm (360x540, 1.78M)

Stupid people don't know they're stupid.

its sad and funny same time

Just that he decided on the rocket at all blows my mind.
5000ft. Just fucking walk! Part of me thinks they should have locked him up for his own good, but that would have just fuelled his conspiracy theories I guess.
Ah well, at least he could likely get a Darwin Award.

“They” being gravity?

People like this make life worth living. It would be dull without them.
Godspeed, Mike. You dumb fucker.

I have no clue.
I don't get how the FE community thinks.

Checked

Also, they don't think, a group of mentally ill people

he was sponsored by ACME Rockets.

Attached: 1582461953560aAaa.png (1001x541, 1.14M)

Sponsored by 'nano lube', for his tiny cock

Attached: 1582464002102.jpg (700x500, 79K)

Kek
Flew only slightly better than their anvils.

Why not get a camera with minimal fisheye distortion, then construct something to take it to space while looking down at earth? Live stream the footage with no edits.
Even with the best camera on the market seems like it'd be cheaper than trying to construct, test, and sustain anything designed to bring an actual human up there.

A good example of why belief over evidence is never a good idea.
When a group's only reason for being is to be against another group, such problems will invariably occur.

Why didn't someone stop this guy

Death wish, flattards will say 'they' sabotaged this 'mission' before accepting that he died an idiot

Why bother?

natural selection. he earned his darwin award.

People are allowed to do stupid things, user.
Free well and all that, also, the chances of him crashing on anything important were as close to zero as to make no odds.

He saw the curve and didn't want to face the music

Attached: WaryHappyAustrianpinscher-small.gif (500x300, 874K)

Shit, it's curved! Belief system destroyed, reason to exist is the real lie. It's all been for nothing, ground control to major Mike, come home, fast, and nose down

So heres the thing. Hes a stuntman, and loves to build things. He knows 5000ft iant high enough. He was trying to raise money. Really a sad thing hes gone man he was a nice ebough guy.

dat wide-eyed open-mouth lung-emptying scream aaaalllllll the way to the ground.

>nice enough guy
Spreading misinformation for self profit, could have killed someone in his idiot attempt, shilling for sheckles. There's easier, more dignified less dangerous ways to raise money.

After the speed that thing took off, I genuinely wonder if he was even conscious for the trip down..?

I’m no expert, but I’m sure building that death trap cost more than loose change!

CIA glowniggers killed him!

Attached: terryadavis.jpg (800x450, 84K)

the earths rotation is a bitch

Sabotaged his chute.

Attached: Screenshot_20200223-090400_Samsung Internet.jpg (1080x262, 94K)

He is no expert, at anything hence the pointless death. You don't need money to anhero.

Shill died shilling. Laterally nobody will miss him

>nobody will miss him
Will likely be forgotten in a few months, though the webm of his stupid death will live on in 4chins rekt threads forever.

Then we shall miss him horizontally as was his belief in the earth and now is he...

There's a documentary about him on Amazon Prime that's excellent.

Even though flat earth is a literal retard theory it shows the human side of the kind of people who buy into it. I definitely appreciated him more as a human after watching it.

RIP

I'm glad he's dead, what a pathetic loser

Dude went out doing what he loved. Plenty of worse ways to die in this world. I salute you, rocket man.

Attached: tumblr_nm5cfn9f0R1upxwm8o1_400.gif (400x275, 1.63M)

>RIP
Rest In Paste
Bet they picked up his remains with a spatula and a wet-vac.

Love it.

Attached: giphy (8).gif (328x246, 1.22M)

The rockets they were using are pretty well made considering. He probably got killed by the shock force.

You should watch the documentary on him. The rocket lands pretty hard in his first launch even with the parachute.

no way

Sorry Kim, we have a new hero.

Attached: CC3F415E-E28B-4197-A617-AAA2133658A0.jpg (480x600, 41K)

We just watched a mock-execution of him

Ya. Air ballon ride definitely would of been safer as long as he wasn’t the one who built it. He built his rockets out of garbage so....karma

But he built his own rocket. No one else touches it

Wow. What a faggot. DIpshit like him contaminate the gene pool, it is good that he is dead.

That was not a fast enough take off to loose consciousness. There are roller coasters that take off faster than that

He builds them out of garbage

Good nigh, Sweet Prince

The earth is definitely less flat where he crashed. But really 5k feet. I used to live at 7, drove to 11 or 12 and for less than $100 can travel at 30,000.

Looks like the fall took about twice as long as reaching the top of the path, with acceleration for maybe 2/3 of the way up. Haven't done any real math on this, but I'm thinking 2-3 G. Not sure how he's placed in the rocket, if in the standing position, he might have been knocked out, but probably only for a few seconds. The fall took longer.

Attached: 6664165165.jpg (1072x1030, 299K)

We should give rockets to all flat earthers.
No parachutes.
Just rockets.

Much like the trek from Estes Park to Longs Peak. As bucket-time approached, Muppet-man should have re-arranged his list of stunts.

1. You have no proof he was even in the rocket.

2. He's only retarded if he put himself in a rocket like that. It's obvious you retards are too interested in your own hubris to realize the characteristics of rocket would liquify the human brain.

3. You have no proof the earth is round. All you have is theories and all we flat earthers have is questions. You have dumb people represent you at times and so do we. The fight goes on

we absolutely undeniably have proof that the earth is round you fucking mongo

>we flat earthers...
You dismiss evidence if it contradicts your pet theory. You cry "shill" if anyone, even your own, stumple upon knowledge that contradicts your beliefs. Example below.

"One of the more jaw-dropping segments of the documentary comes when Bob Knodel, one of the hosts on a popular Flat Earth YouTube channel, walks viewers through an experiment involving a laser gyroscope. As the Earth rotates, the gyroscope appears to lean off-axis, staying in its original position as the Earth’s curvature changes in relation. “What we found is, is when we turned on that gyroscope we found that we were picking up a drift. A 15 degree per hour drift,” Knodel says, acknowledging that the gyroscope’s behavior confirmed to exactly what you’d expect from a gyroscope on a rotating globe. “Now, obviously we were taken aback by that. ‘Wow, that’s kind of a problem,’” Knodel says. “We obviously were not willing to accept that, and so we started looking for ways to disprove it was actually registering the motion of the Earth.”

Read more at: ascienceenthusiast.com/flat-earthers-prove-themselves-wrong-twice-with-their-own-experiments-in-netflix-documentary/

Attached: Deadstupid.png (600x344, 46K)

>characteristics of rocket hitting the ground would liquify the human brain

fixed that fo yo mang.

youtube.com/watch?v=XCDKJQ3Z8bU

>flat earther calling people retards
Yeah, whatever moron

Attached: 1578672955793.gif (498x298, 777K)

based and flatpilled

I'm guessing they didn't trust their own camera to tell them the truth of what it saw

I can't formulate an opinion just because you gave me an article and some info about a gyroscope IMPLYING a spinning ball. Also youd become just as, if not more, defensive when ask you why we cannot sense the orbit around the sun when scientists tell us it's not a perfect one. And just so you know, we flat earthers are so used to mockery we know a biased article and study when we see them. Your citation couldnt help but talk down to us in its opening. Dont worry ill read it. But ill do you a huge favor and not debate with you on b. Not only am I not dumb, I'm smart enough to know id have to get called retarded all day and any good point I make will be ignored. I'm not interested

Round Earthier belly full of Kool Aid

The only thing he proved to be flat was his corpse

Idiot. Utter and complete total idiot.
I lack words.

you mean like Felix Baumgartner did back in 2012? FEs will deny that it's real because the evidence doesn't support their theory.

That was aaaages ago.

I laughed; I lost

That's the rekt post I want to see.
Stupid, dumb-ass motherfucker.

Since he didn't believe in science that says the earth is round, did he forgo other science also in his rocket build attempt? Like Newton's second law or the force of gravity?

Jesus fucking hell you are dumb.

I've seen the video. It literally doesn't show round earth. And it was also edited which doesn't even matter in that footage. It's not FE theories your disproving. It's mind blowing how dumb you claim we are. Go watch Felix's video again

He got up there, saw the curvature of the Earth and decided to be an hero.

It would have been cheaper if he would have just bought a drone, and modified it without a height limiter...

>Drone Reaches 33,00ft Which Is As High As Most Planes

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

>And it was also edited which doesn't even matter in that footage
it was broadcast LIVE you dumbshit

Check yo staging

youtu.be/smUEvnTYxi0
This proves flat earthers are idiots.. He could have done it with 2% of the cost, and still would have got higher with his life, intact.

safer and smarter, too.
he could have just taken a transcontinental flight if he wanted to be on-board with a camera.
then again, the object is attention-seeking.

You could see his body fall to the ground. When he hit at terminal velocity he became a flat earther

*Voyager theme intro intensifies*

Attached: OpkgjTy.png (358x272, 124K)

teh jews sabotaged his parachute

we were all wrong

it's a goddamn bowl

Attached: Screenshot from 2020-02-23 09-57-17.png (640x359, 177K)

Not only is it impossible to confirm wether or not it was actually live, the multiple cuts is still a form of editing. You also ignored the most important part I mentioned which is that there was no footage of round earth. But you claim I'm the dumb one.

more video

youtu.be/pJdrlWR-yFM?t=488

RED ROCKET RED ROCKET

Attached: 666-6666.jpg (720x405, 85K)

>Not only is it impossible to confirm wether or not it was actually live
Right. It was an elaborate conspiracy between the networks, the various local news outlets, and probably NASA.

Attached: BigHonkinFisheyeLens.jpg (1588x839, 70K)

This is sad to watch. He didn't deserve to die.

I think probably the most frustrating point of all discussion is the compete LACK of any understanding of optics, or understanding of Feild of view / focal length, and if the optics are wide angle and straight edge correcting or not, fisheye isn't.

Besides this being a retarded metric to pivot the whole "debate" on, there is a complete lack of any other real and doable approaches discussed.

How do flat earthers think airline tickets work, or artic flights work? Certain flights offered wouldn't be possible if the earth was anything but spherical.

It's really the unwillingness to consider these types of concepts that allows such an inane debate the continue.

>This proves flat earthers are idiots.
How does it? I don't believe the earth to be flat, not at all, but again- what does this prove?

YES. These people take in billions of dollars every year and they couldn't be bothered to point the camera up. Conspiracy theory does not mean crazy

Also, based trips jackpot

>These people
you mean Red Bull?

Jason Bright would be proud of him.

did he get the idea from evel knievel?

Attached: 1a11c245615f5ca4ccc2d2dd108eb2f1_original.jpg (680x272, 46K)

Yes, it's sad, but, he absolutely did deserve it. With that level of idiocy, it's a surprise he made it as far as he did in life.

underrated

>artic flights
Articulated flights?

You're telling me that flat earthers inability to acknowledge the truth about flight plans implicating sphere earth is what's keeping the debate from moving forward? That's funny because flight plans actually don't make any sense BECAUSE of the sphere earth model. Once you see how much money and effort has gone into painting us as crazy you'll see how intense pearl clutching organizations can be

>flight plans actually don't make any sense BECAUSE of the sphere earth model
sweet, you've outdone yourself

How does the sphere earth model make around the world flights not make any sense? I'd love to hear your theories since they've obviously convinced you

buoyancy can be a bitch

What
How can we fly both east or west and arrive at the same place? How can weather patterns work if the earth is flat? If the earth is flat where is the boundary, it's your burden of proof, I'd love to see some interesting counter examples

A polar route is an aircraft route across the uninhabited polar ice cap regions. The term "polar route" was originally applied to great circle navigation routes between Europe and the west coast of North America in the 1950s....... - Wikipedia.

Arctic polar routes are now common on airlines connecting Asian cities to North American cities. Emirates flies nonstop from Dubai to the US West Coast (San Francisco, Seattle and Los Angeles), coming within a few degrees of latitude of the North Pole.[15][16] Air India started operating its non-stop flight: AI-173, between New Delhi (DEL) and San Francisco (SFO), on August 15, 2019, that flies over the north pole........ - Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_route

Attached: 1280px-PolarRoute.png (1280x427, 524K)

I wonder if the transition from the Air Force Space Command to the newly minted Space Force will have any effect on continuing the round earth conspiracy?

HAHAHAHAH fucking retard flath earther.

Good. Flat Earthers need to follow his example.

Yo that's cool i hadn't ever thought about cutting through the poles to shorten the trips.

Look into it. Many flights do not take economic paths. We are given unproven explanations about field disruption. And we aren't allowed to fly over the entire body of Antarctica. I won't bother going into more detail because I know you won't bother to answer any of what I've said already. I've done this countless times. You people are known for moving the goal posts.

>field disruption
Define that.

I wonder if his last rational thought was "Fuck, it really IS round!!"
Followed by "
Fuuuuuucccccccck!"

Restricted airspace because of national policies. If what you're saying had any basis in reality polar flights wouldn't exist. How do you explain day and night, the moons shape, eclipses... Etc. I'm all ears

Light bends due to gravity. Making the world appear round.
I am not round, I am unphased by the lies of gravity.
>builds a rocket that crashes and dies.

lol
Stupid bastard.
Flat earthers are the dumbest fucking people.

Only sad part is the rocket didn't hit his family.
Permanently removing his stupid from the human genome.

> I won't bother going into more detail
Because you have none, there has been no proposed model of a flat earth that doesn't violate rationality

Apparently the most common last words of crashing pilots is, "Shit!"

The article is biased but the information given isn't, a flat earth positive documentary tried to prove the earth was flat and instead proved it was round twice, it ends on them treating proof as a slight set back. There's a general sense of "either you're a megalomaniac or you're trolling" when it comes to flat earthers since they usually focus on one percieved glitch in the matrix while ignoring basically everything else that proves otherwise.

I can believe it. The couple of times in my life I really thought I was about to die, I screamed,(like a girl) SHIIIIIIIT.

This is true, and made me feel better. Thanks user

Attached: FlatEarth01b.png (1123x767, 429K)

Toppest of keks

What parachute deployed right away?

Hmm, I could build a homemade steam-powered rocket and attempt to get to an altitude of about 7,250 ft ASL or I could drive my car up Pike's peak. Which approach would a dead flat earther choose?

Best post in thread

(((They))) wanted to cover up the truth, so (((they))) killed him

Why not just attach a camera to a balloon?

the main one, backyard engineering and manned rockets dont work out too well

Let's try this. Tell me why we can't feel the fluctuating speed of orbit?

already been covered earlier, Felix Baumgartner 2012

FEs claim footage was edited, and being broadcast live on TV was a conspiracy

my question is: this should be easy a fuck. why not replicate this a bunch of times so those conspiracy arguments cant be used?

That is some Wile E. Coyote rocket flying right there.

Attached: 1735abc1df0730eb8fde6c23c073609e.gif (500x377, 1.24M)

Don't you dare dirty his name by association.

Hang on, pardner. You talk about avoiding a question. Answer the diagram first.

you don't really feel the the minor fluctuations in speed in a car or plane either because you are already at-speed. it's the great increases in acceleration/deceleration that you notice.

Conspiracy nuts will always claim that any evidence is fake. Just like religious nuts see everything as an act of god.

Cylinder Earth?

this is why we leave science to the scientists...

> Tell me why we can't feel the fluctuating speed of orbit?
at perihelion the orbital speed is approx 30,300 m/s
the mean speed is approx 29,800 m/s for a difference of 500 m/s which takes place over approx 3 months
so the acceleration is 500/3/30/24/3600, or 6.4e-5 m/s/s or 6.5e-6 g

Math fag

division is hard!

Your senses can feel the difference of 1 mph. You want the wow factor of fake math to over rule the fact your senses should let you feel the difference of thousands of miles per hour

>Your senses can feel the difference of 1 mph
1 mph over what time frame? You don't feel speed, you feel acceleration or it's derivative

he has admitted the flat earth thing was always a PR stunt. He never believed it.

Why would we feel anything, it would be like going from 60 mph to 59.999 over a week or two

someone doesn't know what an inertial reference frame is

Are you implying that someone put 3 boxes of Sugar Bombs in his rocket?

So... now that you have one answer to your acceleration question and have displayed both ignorance and stupidity with your objections, are you going to answer the diagram, or will you ignore that issue entirely and continue to hide behind tangent discussions?

Bullshit, sauce

Were gonna encase it in bismuth next time tho fam aaaahahaha

He didn't fly so good

you damn well know he's going to ignore it

hell even the division of speed by months, days, hours, and seconds he referred to as "...the wow factor of fake math..."

You're giving your physical senses too much credit, they're pretty shit and open to suggestion, the earth's gravity is so strong that it's holding you down to such a degree that, relative to the earth, you might as well be still even though you are hurling through a vacuum at about 60,000 miles an hour

Oooo! An expert!
What's your basis for your hypothesis?

no conspiracy. the dumbass forgot to correct for the curvature of the earth. there go fucking up his stupid launch causing catastrophic boom slap

Shut the fuck you dumb little bitch and show me a roller coaster that takes off faster than that rocket

Have you never been in a car lol fuck is wrong with you

Actually, I'm a different user.
Should probably have said so. For that I apologize.
That said, back to my question. What were the stats on the flight and how do you know them?

>you damn well know he's going to ignore it
Yes, I'm aware.
I want to make sure he knows I'm aware.

Ive been on 13 roller coasters and i saw the webm with my eyes what the fuck is your problem

Kek!

gravity is way up on the electromagnetic spectrum way past x-rays and gamma rays. it has amplitude and frequency just like any other wave

Youre a god damn retard user

i do remeber reading that he was only trying to get some dumbass to pay for his rocket hobby and who could be more dumb than flat earthers? he did not believe himself. but at 5000 ft i quess hes the flat one now.

Attached: Irony.jpg (230x270, 19K)

Didn't even get to 2000ft this flight.

Attached: WhoIsDumb.jpg (960x640, 140K)

Attached: 1576537303891.jpg (300x257, 19K)

Because he was a daredevil, launching himself with a rocket was a stunt

flat earthling proved

This, lots of people don't ever think of this, if u are on a flight long enough to track the route they will go up or down(depending where ur flying to/out of) and get closer to the poles because it shortens the distance significantly; especially when ur traveling over a moving globe, go to the top cover more ground and it's faster on ur way back or there because of the spin in conjunction with flying over

he took the test

Attached: 666.66.jpg (1529x674, 524K)

Wait, the guy was a flat-earther? They didn't mention that in the CNN article. He was only described as a daredevil.

Missed a door.

I wonder how embarrassed his family might be.

Attached: MikeIsFlattened.png (509x967, 364K)

>the guy was a flat-earther?
flat-earther at the start
flat-as-a-pancake-earther at the end

(You)
Nice thing is, he performed his own burial.
No muss, no fuss.

duh, thats why he crash trying to get back to it.

the thing is flat earthers are going to call it an assassination to keep the truth silent despite him building it himself and being an idiot

Mike's final transmission.

Attached: flatearth.jpg (980x610, 68K)

twitter.com/i/status/1231336002175717376

I laughed so fucking hard at that image

>self made

Kek

>Crash landed
My sides are in ironic orbit

Attached: lol.gif (480x250, 491K)

Mad Mike Hughes was trans

Attached: 3D41E2905D0044D48AC9B7501AE31C97.jpg (780x750, 95K)