My girlfriend had me build this stupid 2cycle bike from a kit and the clutch doesn't engage...

My girlfriend had me build this stupid 2cycle bike from a kit and the clutch doesn't engage. It seemed to work when I built it, but she took it for 1 ride, it never started, and now the chain spins freely regardless of whether the clutch lever is held in or not. Does not engage the engine. What could be wrong with it?

Attached: IMG_20200223_154828.jpg (3526x2431, 1.67M)

Besides looking like the clutch control arm is 90° out of position, I'd say bike berry forums would give you a better answer than b

motoredbikes.com

>what could be wrong with it?

its not a car,which you should of bought.but i guess we all cant be 13 and unable to drive a car like op

The clutch wont engage

>clutch control arm is 90° out of position,
But that's the thing, even with no tension on it, it does not engage the engine. Should only disengage when the cable is pulling it. Did she wreck the clutch internally somehow?

I already said it's my girlfriend's bike. We both have cars.

Why would you go to this board for advice. Kill yourself

>we both have cars

then why buy a bike,i bet you dont even have a girlfriend.you just said it was your girlfriends to avoid people making fun of your soyboy ass

She just thinks it's going to be a fun little economical thing to ride around the beach. I think it's a cheap piece of shit and a waste of my time. I just want it to work so she shuts up about it.

tell her to pedal her fat lazy ass if she wants to go on a bike ride.

>her

its obvious that op bought this for himself and doesnt even have a girlfriend,he just didnt want to get made fun of for his shitty tree hugging bullshit mobile

>i built it

why didnt you tell that lazy cunt to build it herself

op is probably one of those boyfriends who's girlfriend keeps his balls in a jar

im thinking she did. she prolly tried to spin the pedals like it had free spin lol

They will ALWAYS need maintenance. You're in for the long haul unless "someone steals it" soon.

they'll probably make fun of his shitty bike on there to

op's girlfriend should just stick to riding bbc instead of a retarded pointless motorized bicycle

try tightening the wire on the clutch lever. if its anything like a brake lever you could not be getting enough engagment.

You're just a so[yboy who can't turn a wrench. Sad. Many such cases

its obvious he's a soyboy,who else would buy a motorized bicycle

See
>But that's the thing, even with no tension on it, it does not engage the engine. Should only disengage when the cable is pulling it

Turn off the tilt-shift/miniature filter on your camera, it’s blurry af

throw it in the garbage and get your girlfriend a black cock instead,at least she'll have something with testosterone in it to ride,soyboy

I did that because it was over 4 and b is max 2mb. Why don't these shitty phone cameras have an option to compress images in the stock editor? Fucking bullshit

Get an electric motor instead of a gas one you moron.

you should take a picture of the bull that fucks your girlfriend,since we all know your soy drinking ass isnt fucking her

>lol just buy one that costs $1,500 instead of $150

Fair enough.
First disconnect the cable and see if clutch engages. Adjust accordingly if this works. There should be a SLIGHT amount of free play on cable when engaged, tension will lead to slippage.
Failing that:
Just pull it apart and take a look.
Clutches are incredibly simple.

>First disconnect the cable and see if clutch engages
I did that. The answer is no.

>Just pull it apart and take a look.
I took the cover off. The lever just depresses a rod which is in the middle of the sprocket the chain goes around. There's nothing else to see without disassembling the engine I guess and not sure if I should try that.

Petroleum products for men.
Electric motors for chicks

Dude obviously your biggest clues are that it used to work and that it is bramd new. Now I'm going to assume that you didn't see or hear a clutch spring come flying out of the thing when it was on its maiden voyage, otherwise you wouldn't be asking b. So that just leaves the fitment of it being new. Chances are she gripped the clutch hard and because it is new it got stuck in place and won't return because the clutch spring isn't able to overcome the tight fitment. Literally hit the fucking clutch with a rubber mallet and you should hear it spring back into place. After a few times it should wear in and you won't have this problem.

Also, work on your problem solving skills.

Naw. OP is clearly too ignorant to be capable of performing the maintenance on a gas motor, or even to mix the oil to gas ratio correctly. Also, since he put it together, it is likely to catch on fire. While that is no great loss to us, it could cause a traffic jam from the first responders having to go put the fire out and treat him for burns.

So, he should go electric.

>Petroleum products for men.
>Electric motors for chicks

Yes, and that is exactly why OP needs to put an electric motor on the bike. Duhh!!!!!!!!

If you were any kind of a man, this is what you would of bought. But you're not.

Attached: 1947HD.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

that looks like a soy mobile to

if your gonna buy a motorcycle at least buy one that looks like a man's motorcycle.not some faggot colored one

>petroleum

says the eurocuck,your "men"are just as estrogen filled as libtards like op are

Motorbike...bike...cant fix it.... Jesús this ppl keep my taller full of work

uh huh sure

>What could be wrong with it?
made in china

>Now I'm going to assume that you didn't see or hear a clutch spring come flying out of the thing when it was on its maiden voyage
I did not witness the maiden voyage and I cannot trust my gf to recount it to me as she makes shit up constantly. But she claims she pedaled up to speed with the clutch lever depressed, released it, and nothing happened. The clutch was definitely operating before she tried that.

The rod that the lever depresses does return out because when I manipulate the lever with my hand I feel the tension going and returning.

Hit the clutch with a mallet. Can't make it any worse.

Ok, something is binding up then.
- spray some WD40 type product in there
- whack it with a rubber or wooden mallet
- still no good, don’t disassemble, take to local chainsaw shop, they’ll probably sort it out in 15min.

Okay thanks

says the person using technology made in china

Further to last, don’t turn up at shop with a box of bits - it helps if they can pull it apart themselves.

Also the mallet - that might sound like change your iPhone in microwave, but it’s legit. Very common on starter motor throw-out gear sticking off or on. Have a google.

I hope I see your wife out driving this, I'm gonna rub the bitch over