Why can’t I see much through my telescope? I’m using a 10mm lens

Why can’t I see much through my telescope? I’m using a 10mm lens.

>pic related, my telescope, an Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector

Attached: 715F887D-678E-4681-B323-C66CF6CE5DA3.jpg (687x1500, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/KPWF5j9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a bootleg

10mm is pretty tight. You should be able to see planets like Jupiter, Saturn and Venus pretty well but I recommend either getting a Barlow or a 25mm to help with deep sky objects like nebulae and globular clusters

You take the frontal lens cap off?

imgur.com/KPWF5j9

Jupiter and Saturn are rising just before the sun right now. Should be better later in the year. Mars also getting closer throughout the summer, should appear 4x as large by mid fall.

OP, get a 25mm plossl and look at Orion nebula before it's too late in the year.

I have a 25. What is the difference between 10 and 25mm?

I got the same scope, can't see shit in the city, have to go far up north.

or just use stellarium.

Attached: 1581565745404.png (947x848, 505K)

About 15mm

this is a spam bot dont use shady link

10mm is more zoom. 25 is wider angle.

eg 10mm moon zoomed.

25mm nebula or cluster of stars.

Attached: 1577922025034.png (1789x1704, 958K)

more light entering the bucket means you can see 'dim' objects clearly, more important than zooming 1000000x on a gloomy smudge

Magnification = telescope focal length / eyepiece focal length. Less magnification gives you a wider view. A 25mm eyepiece fits the moon, the Orion nebula, or various star clusters nicely on a 800-1000mm scope.

i had a shitty 25mm nat geo scope that i got for free but the image just got worse and fuzzier. I want a nice scope but I dont have the disposable $ and would like something portable that I can put on my motorbike and take out. Scott Manley suggests a small spotting scope as theres no such thing as a good cheap scope and its always useful even when you get a nice one

Are you rich?

A 25 what? Plossls are decent with about 50 degree apparent field of view and good eye relief. But some scopes come with shitty Huygenian or Kellner type eyepieces. If it says H25 or K25 it's shit.

I'm having a similar issue with mine. Can't focus the damned thing.

look through the telescope hole with your open eye not the squinted eye

Nigger Martians blocking the view

Chemicals in the air from Chinese nigger factories.

Nerve gas from Chinese nigger Coronavirus factories

everythings going dark