I've been fat for most of my life, due to thyroid issues...

I've been fat for most of my life, due to thyroid issues, but admittedly made worse from poor eating habits/lack of excersise stemming from poverty and poor mental health due to bipolar disorder. But now, my body is surely breaking down to all the extra weight. I'm roughly 360lbs and my knees and back crack and ache all the time. I'm only 24 but I'm honestly scared. The fat of my stomach hangs over my crotch and honestly I just feel fucked. I think I'll be dead by 30 if nothing changes, just waiting for my heart to burst tbh.

Any tips for a severely obese idiot? I don't know what to do anymore.

Attached: USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--103624318.jpg (720x960, 98K)

Drink water and walk everywhere so you don't dust your knees

how do you know its your thyroid

Consider being consistent with a plan for a healthy-ish diet. I have no issues myself, I'm actually pretty underweight for a nineteen year old. But I do know that's one of the most basic changes you can make, that has a large enough effect on the body to be noticable. (If you stick to being consistent ofc.) It's very easy to stop, but when you develope a habit, it's very easy to keep going. It doesn't have to be a complete 180, just cut the stuff that makes you gain the most a little, and supplement it with something enjoyable, but still healthy. Look into plant based meats, go over to the fitness board as well. They'll either love to help, or not want to help you at all. I'm not sure which one it'll be but it's definitely worth a shot considering I do not know shit about dieting.

Stop eating

Read the sticky on /fit.

From personal experience, lost over 50kg, i would say.
> Water only, coffe & lemonade without sugar is ok.
> White meat and vegetables mostly.
> Absolutely no sugars, only by fruit, and do not exaggerate on fruit quantity.
> Only two meals per day, enough to feel good but not borderline bursting full, you will feel hardcore hunger in the beggining, focus on something else to distract you.
> Absolutely no fast food, chocolates, any of the sort, ever.
> Walk, a lot, I do 40 mins of walking everyday, on gym days I do about 1 hour total.
> Once you start to feel lighter hit the gym, start slow and get used to it, dont go like a madman once you start like myself because you will puke/faint/ feel like shit and the embracement & failure will make you quit.
> Make this lifestyle an habit, you will love the fruits of your labor.

Starting is difficult, but even more difficult than that is to knowingly throw your youth away on a problem that CAN be fixed.

>excuses after excuses
Fat lazy bitch

dam biggest pussy i ever seen

Wish you could talk to my buddy. He was in your shoes, and was stubborn as hell about changing. Mostly, he just thought he never could. And then one day he had to go to the Hospital and get 2 of his toes amputated because of diabetic complications. And that shit scared him enough that he got himself together really quick. Changed his diet, started working out, cut his hair and you know what? He looks better than he ever has, and he's HAPPIER than he's ever been. Dude is super inspired, and inspiring to be around. He's got more weight to drop, but he's well on his way.

My recco: don't wait, OP. Don't wait for disaster. Ignore that frozen fear feeling that holds you in place. People let that feeling control their lives. They'll let that feeling eat up their best years, and while they're putting off going to the doctor, their issues go from bad to worse. Don't do that. You're 24. You have PLENTY of your good years left if you get after it. Don't waste your youth on being fat and upset about it. Change what you can, while you can. It only gets harder as you get older. Sort out your Thyroid if you haven't. Get started on a good diet to help you lose weight. Understand that it's an entire lifestyle change, not just a food change. Understand as well that you'll screw up and eat the things you shouldn't. Don't be all or nothing about it. Just carry on improving. Good enough is good enough. Just keep going, and you'll get it. And you'll be so fucking happy that you have done it. Don't wait. Life is precious. You never get your time back. Health is a supreme gift, something you can give yourself. Do it, OP.

Quit using shitty excuses like poverty for starters. Show me a fat guy in West Africa. Eat right and exercise. You've got to want it and commit 100%. No more excuses.

>due to thyroid issues
>stemming from poverty
>due to bipolar disorder

Yeah, step one is to stop that kind of thinking.

Tips? You already know how it works. You need to eat healthy and excercise every day. Take responsibility and make no excuses.

>Absolutely no fast food, chocolates, any of the sort, ever.
This is stupid as fuck and it’s how you fail your weight loss regiment. Obviously this man doesn’t have the will power for that, or he wouldn’t be that fat in the first place. If you put him on a crazy strict diet he’s gonna fail after three days. It’s better to have a damn snickers bar every few days than to fail your entire diet because it’s too strict.

I was able to cut that out, why wouldn't he be able to as well ?

Also, i did not explain it but that is untill he starts to see results, after that its ok to eat bad food once or twice a month

Agreed.

A snickers bar is fine. But as the cookie-monster said: Those are a sometimes food. Have one to reward yourself after a long week and don't feel bad about it. Enjoy it!

It becomes a problem when you eat snickers bars every day washed down with coca cola on top of a double-size subway sandwich and pop-tarts for breakfast.

Attached: cookiemonster93.jpg (345x146, 7K)

Im just saying if your that smart to no all that you suffer from you should be more then capable of fixing it. All it takes is patience and happiness. You don't have to believe me B but i know a thing or two about bipolar people and that is that they are never on a stable mind set it just switches on and off to happy to mad but its not your fault trust me. I myself had no choice it was either to suffer from my own thoughts are to dim them out slowly. Ps mary J helps im not saying result to drugs but to me its a herb natural medicine that if there is one God himself put here 4 us to enjoy. Stay strong Young one.

Your tits make me hard....add me on disc for a cum trib

>Gonna fail after three days.

Of course he's gonna fail. Not just once either.

Can't expect to change everything instantly. When he fails he needs to just start over and try again.

I was obese for my entire life, started as a child. I was 350 only like five months ago, and now I'm decently under 300. I did three simple things: pretty much entirely cut out fast food. You don't have to never eat it again, I still have it maybe twice a month, but I used to have it like four times a week. I cut out all junk food too. No more Little Debbie snack cakes or chips, no soda, no candy, nothing like that. The third is to just simply eat less. Eat serving sizes and stuff, don't have a huge meal. This is assuming you already drink plenty of water, and if you don't, start that too. Counting calories can help too, you want to be eating like 1500-1800 calories a day or something.
Now you don't have to be super strict, that's how you quit your diet and put all the weight back on. You definitely need to be eating less bad stuff, but you can have something nice every once in a while. I still have chips or something on occasion, still have fast food as I said. It's different for everyone and you need to figure out your own limits.
Honestly exercise is completely optional and not as important as diet, but getting an exercise bike or just walking more often, something like that, can be great.

sticky is best guide of all time. but OP start drinking mass amounts of water. get a refillable bottle & don't go anywhere without it full to the top. stop drinking soda. stop eating after 7pm. if you can replace the soda with water and go to bed hungry every night, you'll lose weight so fast. just by doing those two things.

Attached: 1582420850786.jpg (700x700, 53K)

Don't listen to all the No life's in these comments. Imagine having nothing better to do then to talk shit to someone when there at there lowest. To think that you are any better makes you the biggest Faggot out there. Try an all carnivore diet it puts your body into a fat burning state all day n night look into it if you don't believe me.

try fasting

Intermittent fasting can be good too.

An all Meat and dairy diet will help you with losing weight. I went on it myself and feel like i can just keep running on fumes if i want to. I would always crash after like four hours of thinking about things brain would start to get fuzzy and that just made me unmotivated and groggy all the time. Im not saying it's the answer to all your problems clearly but its a step.

Overcome or die, such is the rule of man.
You either have to force yourself to eat healthy and exercise or fall out and theres no shortcut or magic solution

Let's be fair, those poor bastards are on a dirt diet, youd be rail thin too if you were so broke you couldnt by ramen

Get mad OP. Mad enough to change.

Water or black coffee or tea sans sugar or milk can take 20lbs a year.

Salad. It sucks but works. Portion out dressing with jello shot cups so it stays healthy.

Walk, if your knees hurt then swim. Be consistent. Dont go so ham everytime you exersise that it's too painful to do a day later.

You can overcome. I've known the struggles of poverty, tasted the mac n cheese with hot dogs. This is your only go at this life. You can do it. I know you can.

Can't to much water kill you????

Weight loss is 80% diet and only 20% exercise. Also, eat more meat and eat less carbs. Don't change the volume of food you eat, don't go hungry, don't starve yourself like those anorexic bitches. Just make what you eat leaner. Protein is good. Sugar and carbs (bread and noodles, soda, and ketchup and shit like that) are bad. Also,
what this guy said. you're a little young for it, but believe me, gout sucks.

Dedication, effort, and a lot of patience. You didn't get that big overnight, and you won't lose it overnight either. Instead of planning for a quick fix, understand you'll be in for the long haul.

The most important changes are the small ones that are sustainable over time. Try to be a little more active. Take walks. Cut back on how many sodas you consume daily.

It's the big, drastic changes that tend to be why most diets fail. They'll take the weight off, sure, but if you can't stick to them, they won't really be helpful. And if they don't help you establish better habits, the weight will come back once the diet ends.

Above all, try not to get down on yourself. What matters is that you want to improve. I'm a type II bipolar too, and I know the mood swings can really fuck with your mental health and self image.

You're not how you want to be right now, and that's okay. What matters is you want to change. You'll make it bro.

Drink lots of water, dont eat more than you need to.

Yes, but you'd have to make a serious effort. Like 3 gallons in one sitting.

I need to add a typical b answer....

With tits like that I would fuck you....so...

Drink water and only water.... if you must drink coffee and tea (English breakfast or earl grey or herbal tea) with milk that is no more than 1% fat.
Divide you plate half of your plate needs to be veg or salad, a quarter something like jacket potatoes or pasta and the last meat.
DONT EAT PROCESSED FOOD
COOK EVERYTHING FROM SCRATCH
Only eat dried pastas and noodles

Excisewise, you need high cardio low impact ... so my joke about getting fucked was actually a good idea... sex causes your heart and core body temperature to raise, it releases a shit load of endorphins which makes you feel good... so either find some one to fuck you or get playing with your self.

Before you hit the gym hit the swimming pool, all your extra weight will have an impact on your joints when you do start exercising but swimming you will get the work out without fucking your joints... so eat less.... eat better... fuck something or someone and swim... and you will be alive to see your grandkids get married

The nice thing about forcing yourself to only drink water is after awhile you get used to it and thats all you’ll ever want.

>thyroid issues
>doritos and cake, that is

But if someone is dieting and very hungry... what's the limit for reals.
Should you have some electrolyte solution if you drink to much to rebalance?

Start walking up and down stairs. Take it little by little. Only stop when you can't do any more. Count those stairs. Do it every day. Notice those stair numbers go up. You'll be running up those stairs eventually.

LD50 is like 150mg/kg. You'd have to drink a stupid amount of water to have a problem, and the discomfort from the volume you take in would likely stop you long before it becomes dangerous.

It usually only happens with people doing drinking contests, or endurance athletes losing a lot of electrolytes over a prolonged period of exercise.

At your weight, you wont have trouble losing 100 pounds. It will be as simple as eating 2500 calories a day for 6 months. That's still a TON of food. Eat a kind bar and 2 scrambled eggs for 1 meal. Eat a Turkey sandwich for 2nd meal. Eat like a burger and fries for dinner.

It's all about in vs out. Those meals will lose you 100 pounds and they are still honestly filling.

You get to eat subway for lunch and mcdonalds for dinner... its pretty cool for a diet.

Well, I'm not doctor, but yea as I understood it, the specific cause of death had to do with the nervous system basically losing conductivity, so yes some electrolytes in the water would probably protect you just fine.

(there is some super rare genetic disorder where you could only possibly make it to 1.5 or 2 gallons, or something like that, so for some people it is a greater risk than for others, but yea you'd still have to be trying hard or on drugs)

"I've been fat for most of my life, due to thyroid issues, "

That line alone, just that line alone told me all i needed to know about you.

You'll stay fat the rest of your life.

Thyroid doenst have that much of an impact on weight loss, it accounts for maybe 10%. youre not 350pounds because you thyroid is making you hold to to 10% of your bodyweight in water, youre fat cus you wont stop eating.

Die, fatty.

also, "electrolytes" are basically salt. and salt doesn't have calories, so it wouldn't interfere with weight loss. in fact it should help you keep your energy levels up a bit.