Could AVGN have still been top tier had he not been obsessed with making a movie and having Mike's friends invade his...

Could AVGN have still been top tier had he not been obsessed with making a movie and having Mike's friends invade his channel?

Attached: 1536708696322.png (846x715, 955K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AT4LSYR1tdg
youtube.com/watch?v=F1hTa7too0U
youtu.be/t_zCwpLX6og?t=2028
youtube.com/watch?v=I9k7PwW123A&feature=youtu.be&t=324
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Being a cuckold for his fat whore cunt of a wife and the Screenwave fatties is what spelled his downfall
There is simply nothing left of the man in that husk

Inviting random guests for some reviews that add no substance to the video too.

Toxic Avenger might still be the worst episode of the 2010's

he's a one trick pony actor.

There's factors beyond that, like James having kids, and simply running out of games and movies from his childhood to talk about.

I thought this guy was just a series of reaction images for years.

That episode was cool for the fact that James got to hang out with one of his heroes, but it really didn't make for a good episode. Lloyd Kaufman was definitely the jump the shark point for AVGN.

1st of all, Magnum Dong Mike was always with James. If not him, AVGN would never see the light of day.
The problem is that fat bastard from Screenwave, not even Mike's friends.

James would've never survived the current youtube climate and him selling out was inevitable

Attached: 1542225308395.jpg (262x206, 9K)

Mike is the only reason the episodes existed in the first place. james is too retarded and lazy to do anything himself

Attached: avgn_dvds.jpg (624x836, 161K)

[soulfulness intensifies]

Attached: christmas_couch.webm (1920x1080, 2.3M)

this is the only jewtuber i like

im glad you like him. the screenwave executives have been working hard on making him a marketable to audiences like yourself

Attached: scriptjames3.jpg (1047x581, 167K)

Some of the recent episodes were pretty good. Chex Quest, Aladdin Deck Enhancer, Amiga games, Earthbound.

He misses a lot more often than back in the day but he still hits every now and then.

Fuck the modern guest episodes though. Mike in outfits was fine because he was basically a prop, Guitar Guy was fine because he was chill and funny, fuck everything else.

Attached: 1377000648692.jpg (556x525, 82K)

>james will never get as genuinely angry and full of hatred as he did when playing batman forever

i don't care, is the only faggot that make me laugh, not like the guy with the pear gf or the nigger aussie with pokemon cards.

There's nothing cool about having Lloyd Kaufman as a hero. I doubt he even really cares much about him because the guy is a bit of a film buff and 99% of troma films are absolutely terrible. Not "so bad they're good" terrible, just plain terrible.

Mike's a great behind-the-scenes presence, but problem is that he insists on getting in front of the camera, and on top of being a charisma vacuum, his unhealthy appearance makes him unpleasant to look at.

All I know is that James cited Kaufman as one of his main points of inspiration in his Toxic Avenger Monster Madness review.

i know its cringe but the ikari warriors episode is still one of my favorites for some reason

>his channel
*the fatass who owns the channel's channel

James is a film buff but not a film elitist. He's into all sorts of shit from B movies to kaiju films, and Kafuman's movies are very fucking much up his alley.
Like the episode or not (it was pretty bad), it's nice for James that he got to have this meeting.

>cringe
That episode was amazing, Guitar Guy has by far the best chemistry with James out of any of his guests

That is genuinely baffling to me. It's like having Digital Homicide be your main inspiration for making video games. He's picked one the worst and least capable people in the industry to be his hero.

Mike is the reason the show used to be good in the first place. He would write the scripts and play the games. Have you seen James play video games? He fucking sucks dick. He can hardly play SMB3.

Attached: 1582143778195.jpg (467x628, 49K)

>where did the hair go
I almost died

>channel invaded with bunch of smelly fatty uncharismatic fatties

Attached: 029a19b0.jpg (436x413, 19K)

youtube.com/watch?v=AT4LSYR1tdg

Attached: 1533510517247.webm (720x404, 325K)

keep trying

You said fatty twice.

it's the glasses and hd camera senpai

they are double fatties.

>Recording onto DVDs

Is this guy for real? Holy shit, I haven't done something like this in the last 8 years and even I'm usually behind on tech. James literally is a boomer and won't bother learning new technology.

But then again it doesn't surprise me. There's a lot of faggots in the film industry who still do things like it's still 2004. Guess he's one of them.

Attached: ABC_nate_bronze.jpg (992x558, 62K)

I understand they're backups, but NO ONE backs up to DVDs anymore, unless it's documents or something you need long term storage for. Videos? Not even TV stations do this shit.

You would think they would invest just a little more money to have a larger set to comfortably fit all of the regulars, like nearly every other youtuber.

Attached: imageinesmell.png (1494x837, 2.53M)

Nigger Kaufman was one of the people instrumental to making the original Rocky. The Troma shit is what he does when he simply goes apeshit with the shock factor.

The problem is that he's peak Boomer, which means that once he ran out of old games (which he is familiar with) and started to go into newer games, it usually missed. This is especially apparently in the Life of Black Tiger review which is quite possibly the worst episode by far.

>Kaufman was one of the people instrumental to making the original Rocky
No, he wasn't. The director was personal friends with him and hired him as a production manager, which is just a middle manager position, because they didn't have the cash to pay for union labor. You may as well be declaring the caterer to be "instrumental to making the original Rocky" by declaring Kaufman so. They could have gotten anyone. It's not an important position in the production. He got the job through nepotism, not his great abilities or anything.

He also tries too hard to be angry when it takes a lot of passion for a topic to genuinely sound mad.

He used to also say monotone quips inbetween getting mad and it was funny cause of the juxtaposition of what he said with his tone of voice.

Attached: 1516479953562.jpg (480x480, 39K)

AVGN literally is him acting like Mike. Mike is hilarious, and clearly the source of all the good material.

Its actually heartbreaking that such a seemingly nice guy ended up shackled to a hideous bitch. Shes such an unpleasant person.

You don't see how he couldn't be a huge inspiration to amateur film makers?

Who cares, it's too late for him now.

Attached: based.jpg (3282x1598, 1.19M)

No. Why would someone who has spent decades producing trash at the bottom be an inspiration for aspiring film makers? All these people from his generation who went from small indie productions to international critical acclaim and success, e.g. Coen Brothers, Sam Raimi, Christopher Nolan, Peter Jackson, Guy Ritchie, etc., etc., and you think everyone wants to be the guy that never amounted to anything? Are you retarded?

Someone mentioned he used to seem a lot more normal in the classic AVGN era, and now I see it. Anyone else?

Because most people aren't nearly that talented and have realistic goals?

Most of the content creators from back then used their channel as an outlet to make something and thought it wouldnt catch on. So they did it as a hobby and didnt treat it seriously cause it was just creativity in the moment.

Its why Jontron gets complaints about his videos feeling too high budget or focus tested cause he sees it as a profession rather than a hobby.

Jesus, living in California all my life, America's obesity rate seemed inflated to me. But this clip alone really shows how much fat fucks there are in this country.

losing his best friend bootsy and getting married changes a man

Attached: soul.jpg (2400x1900, 1.01M)

>My goal is to be an abject failure that never produces anything worthwhile!
Really?

He should have made a movie that wasn't an AVGN movie.

I've been rewatching his content, and it's pretty nostalgic. I feel like he doesn't get enough respect despite having pioneered the "video game rant" video format. Yes, somebody else would've done it if he never did, but everybody else that came around him was clearly a cheap copycat.
I feel like the shift from "AVGN funny" to "LOL BALD KEKOLD XDD" happened as younger people rotated into Cred Forums and older people rotated out.

The movie was a good solid endpoint for the series. Far from perfect, but it felt like an appropriate bookend for something so corny. I don’t mind him selling out, there’s obviously an audience for it, I haven’t watched the nerd in years.

now that the dusts has settled
was bootsy based or cringe?

Attached: latza glare.webm (1280x720, 707K)

>(Guest James Rolfe)
Gets me everytime.

Attached: E0850B6D-F7B7-4C05-837A-843787220EB7-5800-00000693232EE87D.png (1766x1158, 1.05M)

protip: everyone calling him a bald cuck is probably a longtime fan despondent with seeing how he turned out.
He used to be slim, full of energy, full of life. He wound up married to a fully obese political nutjob and you can see in his eyes that his spirit is just beat down and broken.
Humor and ridicule is just an outlet for pity.

His comedic timing and brevity in older episodes is magic. I dont even think he realizes how funny he was.

>I just shot down a duck by saying fuck
>Hes flippin the bird, giving the finger and im NOT making this up
>It fucking sucks it sucking fucks its a piece of shit. And i dont like it.
>KILL ALL BABIES?
>Entirety of Plumbers Dont Wear Ties

Attached: 1511484832285.jpg (325x500, 88K)

It's another episode on the anonymous board Cred Forums on channel 4 about hating things that millions of people still watch. Oh, boy. I'm sure these opinions will make a difference in the quality of AVGN episodes!

>I feel like the shift from "AVGN funny" to "LOL BALD KEKOLD XDD" happened as younger people rotated into Cred Forums and older people rotated out.
yea youre right, it probably has nothing to do with the quality drastically going downhill and him selling out to screenwave

Attached: facepalm2.webm (364x212, 123K)

>I feel like the shift from "AVGN funny" to "LOL BALD KEKOLD XDD" happened as younger people rotated into Cred Forums and older people rotated out.
I think it's probably mostly older fans that outgrew him and think it's a little pathetic he's still doing the same shit 15 years later. The angry gamer rant thing was just a fad. It's been over for quite a while now but he's still doing it.

>22 CDs

Jesus is this guy technologically dumb even by boomer standers just buy a fucking external harddrive

Right. The delivery he had on a lot of lines, the passion he'd muster, that was actual solid comedic acting.

Yeah, the old ones definitely had some standout moments that are miles above the rest of the episode, but a lot of them are pretty whatever. Then again, I rewatched them so many times as a kid, I might just be overexposed to it.

I just don't really understand it, that's all. He still made a bunch of content that people liked back in the day. Just because the new stuff isn't as good (how could it be?) doesn't mean the dude needs to be endlessly mocked and shit on.

>Its actually heartbreaking that such a seemingly nice guy ended up shackled to a hideous bitch.
that happens to most people user

>millions of people still watch
look at his views you brain damaged retard

I can watch Bible Games 1 and 2 and never get tired of how real James sounds and his delivery.

Episodes like Atari Sports start to hinge on trying way too hard despite the concept of the episode being solid.

mike realizing what he had done

>Just because the new stuff isn't as good (how could it be?) doesn't mean the dude needs to be endlessly mocked and shit on.
This is a little ironic seeing as AVGN's schtick is just to mock and shit on other people's work too.

What's wrong with backing your stuff up on discs? What are you "supposed" to use in these modern times?

I just hate hearing about Mike. Mike would be fucking nothing without James. He can meme about his dick and save states all he wants, he will never in a million years have the same clout. The only reason your shitty Let's Play streams and your cock-sucking sessions with Ryan get views is because of the Cinemassacre name that James built. You are a fucking (((parasite))). Die, Mike.

Attached: 1578312515279.png (251x288, 146K)

His last Nerd video has 1.5m views
>People don't watch the videos that aren't nerd videos
WHO WOULD'VE THUNK
Retard

Attached: portable-hard-drive-1574329646-5164960[1].jpg (500x500, 23K)

where did all these fat dudes come from anyways? always assumed they were his friends or something

I thought James was catholic.

This. His anger in his reviews from 10+ years ago felt genuine and had a lot more youthful energy. Now everytime he does an "emotional breakdown" moment it comes off forced and unfunny. His voice has gotten significantly raspier and he can't really pull off the young, enraged gamer schtick anymore. Even small comments like "I can't touch that red pot!?", "So this is the Sega CD. It's a load of ass." and all his "I'd rather...." lines were funny because of his delivery.

ryan's screenwave partners

(((Ryan))) absorbed Cinemassacre through his own company, and then installed all of his obese jew friends.

>ltg
>wor
Based.

based ryan

Attached: ryan_buttonmash_1.webm (1280x720, 985K)

Fat obnoxious jews cannot be 'based'.

James has no passion for AVGN anymore. He just lets the Screenwave fat fucks toss him a script and a game and he does a soulless review. The guy has a failed film career and is going bald.

Mike, on the other hand, is the essence of AVGN. He should be the one writing the episodes.

Attached: McChad.jpg (1200x901, 192K)

Mike is known to push memes that make him look good such as the dick thing. He's a genuine faggot.

(((Schlott)))

You have to be utterly fucking desperate for attention to literally pay people to spread rumors about your dick. And yes, he clearly did pay money for that—you're fucking braindead if you think that's all 'organic'.

I suppose most people just buy more hard drives these days. Maybe throw them in a NAS. Maybe just load them in a caddy when needed and stick on them on a shelf the rest of the time. Personally, I just bought a couple of 4TB drives and enclosures for them. The only solution that's probably genuinely reliable is offsite cloud based solutions with redundancy features. Half his optical media probably doesn't work anymore. Pressed discs have a decent shelf life but burnt discs aren't known for long term reliability.

he just doesnt understand when less is more like most youtubers these days who think their youtube video needs to have a full comedy routine and huge sections of forced emotions

Exactly

No, he's stuck with all the ADHD kiddies who do nothing but watch reaction videos. He can't compete unless he's play-acting, since that's what the stupid faggots want.

The question is now that the episode is finished why does he need the footage anymore? I doubt he'll ever go back and watch 25 hours of it. He could just replay the game instead in that time.

There's nothing wrong with him making the movie. It took away a lot of time and resources, but it was an important passion project. The two big mistakes were bringing in all these literally who fat fuck retard leeches, as well as continuing the series when his heart just isn't into it anymore. We're getting far fewer episodes each year than ever before, yet
half of them are worse than the average. He's jumped the shark, simple as that.

I'm surprised he kept recording to DVD for so long.

>Mike is hilarious, and clearly the source of all the good material
Even you don't believe that, Mike. Your streams are evident of that. You have zero personality skills so if you're not "raging" at a game it becomes evident you're on the spectrum.

The fuck?? What a retarded fucking question, baste.

Why do you look so fat in all the latest footage, Mike? Why does your t-shirt consistently look like a fucking tent over your big depressive eating belly?

If he hadn't released his DVD/blurays which include shit like extended episodes, outtakes, behind the scenes, audio changes, etc., then there's probably no reason for him to hold on to the original sources. But he did so there was.

It was never his channel to begin with. Google sent Mike the million sub badge. They send that to channel owners.

Losing Bootsy was the beginning of the end. I was able to hold on until then, but now it's all downhill.

No, times change and people lose passion.
Add in the fact that the climate has changed and he'd still be in a massive decline.
Bootsy and guitar man leaving also fucked him, add in the 20 fat fucks and Mike dominating his channel and it's all a recipe for FUCKING SHIT

And there would be no million subs without James's videos. Whoever put their email on the account when they signed up is inconsequential.

C'mon man, Home Alone is easily a top 10 episode.

Mike wrote many of the old AVGN episodes. But as this thread shows, many fans only want to acknowledge James as if he did everything. Mike got fed up with the fans and decided to stop writing the show. Now you get the Screenwave crew writing it.

>Add in the fact that the climate has changed and he'd still be in a massive decline.

Oh for fuck's sake we can't even have an AVGN thread without you climate change conspiracy theorists coming here and preaching your wacko viewpoints. Take it to Cred Forums already.

Except that Mike wrote a bunch of the episodes with James.

Ok Mike we get it, you helped. You didn't stop this Onslaught of Lard, so the channel's blood is on your hands.

Hes not Mike. Thats me.

Proofs?

I don't understand how this can even be a thing on the internet without leaked photos

10" btw. And thick.
I'm half Romanian.

James basically just cosplaying as the Nerd now. He should retire the character.

There are photos. He posted his own dick on twitter when he was drunk. It's big

Mike literally pays a company to manage his online persona.

Bootsy would have been better supplemental content for the channel between AVGN episodes cause he actually had the knowledge and talent for games.

There's people among us who genuinely can't tell difference between old and new AVGN.
I can't comprehend this. You'll see it every time a new one comes out.

If wasn't the laziest person on earth maybe. 6 months to do one video about Battletoads. It was supposed to be once a week.

>The Castlevania 2 episode was made 16 years ago
>We're as far away from the review as it was from the actual NES game's release

Attached: 1542825028780.jpg (233x198, 7K)

You speak as if you have insider knowledge.

Imagine the smell

Attached: 3900123123.jpg (960x900, 98K)

I don't have to imagine. General Patton told me all about the smelly jews.

Bro...there is a picture, he fucking posted it on the Cinemassacre account. His dick is legit 10 inches.

Boomer here.

I back up my stuff on discs. Burnable Bluray discs. Memory sticks die or get corrupted randomly. Same thing for regular harddrives. Only thing that lasts are discs. If it moves or has electricity running through it, it will fucking fail eventually. A PC Bluray drive is also essential if you have a BD movie collection. I have been through the horror of certain discs refusing to play due to updates being required or licenses needing a refresh. You can bypass that shit on PC.

Attached: image000000(75).jpg (2592x1944, 1.19M)

he really should do another castlevania marathon covering the games he didnt talk about from that era like the game boy games or arcade game

Fucking shirt ruined the ending of galgun 2 for me. thanks a lot.

What is it about Youtube fame that makes people act like that?

Attached: 1504360331579s.jpg (250x202, 7K)

I saw the picture. It was huge. To speak real if mine was that big I would post it all over the place daily

It's an extreme jealousy of James. Mike literally thinks that he's a better fit for the Cinemassacre brand, that's why he's cozying up to the jew Ryan.

One of the early AVGN reviews was a guy in a bugs bunny suit shitting on his face for 20 minutes. Troma are probably the only films he likes.

The entire fucking brand is about to be wiped out, because most people don't give a shit about (((Hollywood))) anymore. James is a stupid good goy who spent his entire life analyzing literal jewish propaganda. Of course he's embarrassing to look at now.

Attached: 1571363252870.jpg (735x490, 87K)

>Could AVGN have still been top tier had he not been obsessed with making a movie and having Mike's friends invade his channel?

No. I like AVGN but you can only play the same character for son long before it gets stale, additionally he's played most of the games that will give him the best material for an episode. Losing Bootsy was also a big blow for the channel as he was the only guy they had on staff who had as much charisma as James.

They need to find ways to make it fresh. Playing newer games is obviously going to be necessary, toning down the "donkey shit" tirades would also be a good idea as they stopped being funny years ago and hiring on someone with some comedy writing chops would help.

The nerd is still a good character but he needs to be evolved into being more snarky and sarcastic and less over the top.

Attached: Bootsy.jpg (1252x1252, 114K)

Kill yourself.

Attached: Bootsy Trump.jpg (620x689, 100K)

Beautiful huge uncut cock
No homo

Attached: when the 12'' hit just right.gif (152x193, 3.13M)

I think, much like other stuff from 10-12 years ago like the nostalgia critic and spoony, once it becomes a job and not a hobby, their passion seems to dry and up and it feels so forced.

I can't watch achievement hunter or angry joe at all now cos they just come across like hype shills

Thank god FrankieonPCin1080p just quit producing videos when he was at the top of his game and moved on in life rather than producing vids by the numbers and ruining his legacy

I see Cred Forums has arrived

its looks so unnatural, its so straight and even.

Is this what passes for trolling now? Step up your game faggot.

Attached: Ain't even mad.png (490x386, 471K)

Attached: dgdyHjx1rdr926o.gif (137x187, 1.45M)

Cred Forums will always arrive in response to commie agitprop.

Arin from game grumps said this about Mike's cock " that is one of the most attractive penis's i've seen. Its a good dick"

youtube.com/watch?v=F1hTa7too0U

Attached: Political Bootsy.jpg (617x731, 116K)

This thread has made me lose what little respect I had left for James and Mike and I didn't think that was possible.

Lmfao Mike fucking sucks

I only like his big dick.

not gonna lie Mike's gf is kinda cute

>James "my wife puts race mixing propaganda in my movie" Rolfe
vs.
>Mike "literally pays an internet reputation management firm" Matei
They're both faggots, and the sooner that the Cinemassacre brand goes down the toilet, the better.

Attached: 1555031175866.png (1064x983, 1.55M)

Can y'all elaborate? Everytime i see someone bitch about his wife, i assume it's just because ugly/slows his content down, but is she genuinely that bad?

its not fair bros, its not fiar

Attached: giwtwm.jpg (626x128, 10K)

tfw i have no qt gamer babe

>mix racing propaganda
autism

He only keeps her around because most women can't handle their cervix being blown out 10 times a day.

James's movie has a nigger dating the main white female. This is propaganda, and it was his wife that insisted upon it. The funny thing is, in the coming months/years where the commies will be uprooted, James will be caught in the crossfire for his bullshit.

It seems to me that she forces him to stay at home most of the day to take care of the kids because she is jealous he has a career. She only gives him a handful of time to make his youtube videos. Which isn't enough. People call James a cuck. The stuff about his wife having sex with black guys is bullshit. But she does control his time day to day. So he is cucked in that way.

Please don’t make me fap to this thread

Why did Bootsy leave? I only noticed that he suddenly vanished, just the way he suddenly popped up in board james.

What are the odds Mikes posting/lurking in this thread right now? I'd say pretty high.

Mike fired him because Bootsy was too political. James and Mike are non-political. Also because he could not get his work done on time. He was supposed to do Battletoads once a week. And instead stretched it into a 6th month ordeal. Probably other reasons. I also think it is because Mike hated Bootsys guts. And it's Mike channel so out he goes. Never mix old friendships with business!

I'd say it's pretty high. He seems to be an egomaniac.

I wonder why he has soulless eyes when faggots like yourself, ‘self proclaimed long time fans’ diminish and ostracize on his own channel and within forums instead of giving the person proper respect as he shifts into new seasons of his life.

Y’all are fucking worthless sycophants. A ‘real fan’ is someone who can be a decent human being even if they get have criticisms. But hey, I’m probably just responding to Mike who is the most two faced person imaginable

see Field your questions now.

That sounds fucking soul-crushing and emasculating.

Attached: 1550708020197.png (295x300, 99K)

That's cute, Mike.

>Never mix old friendships with business!
Sadly this :/

Never noticed anyone on there being too plitical either. Did he skewer to the right or to left or was he a filthy centrist?
Anyway, possibly a good idea to remain neutral on a purely entertainment channel, but would suck if it was just mike's whim. Oh well.

Ask me how I know you're thirteen years old.

how do you know (s)he's 13y/o?

For the longest time, he actually recorded footage with a recordable DVD player. It's still retarded, but it made sense when he started. Those aren't just backups, those are the only copies of all the raw footage. You can't just plug in a hard drive. Mike has since forced upon him a laptop with a capture card

You might want redundant copies on a hard drive or flash memory somewhere. Literally no medium is immune from failure. I've had some commercially pressed DVDs experience disc rot, and I wouldn't trust stained ink on a burnt disc to retain 1s and 0s better than pits and lands.

>>AVGN literally is him acting like Mike. Mike is hilarious, and clearly the source of all the good material.
It's a Larry David/Jason Alexander situation. Mike is indeed hilarious, but not when he tries to be. AVGN is hilarious when he's acting like an insufferable cunt (Mike)

Attached: mike.jpg (945x656, 64K)

>It's a Larry David/Jason Alexander situation
Your brain is all fucked up by jews. Of course you reify Mike. You're fucking retarded.

She doesn't let him take a single minute extra off to finish a video for his work.
youtu.be/t_zCwpLX6og?t=2028

Mike Matei is 40 years old

Let that sink in.

I liked Life of Black Tiger and PepsiMan.

>not married
>no children
>only a shitty Let's Play series under James's Cinemassacre
What a pathetic existence.

Attached: 1551360213340.gif (500x281, 1.21M)

Compared to James he's better off.

Keep telling yourself that, Mike. When you have literally no progeny.

Attached: 1567915657412.jpg (640x480, 43K)

Mike sucks, and Larry David sucks. Someone acting like those guys is funny. Somehow, you suck worse than both. Enjoy all those chromosomes, you burden

Attached: 1582688177525.jpg (229x220, 10K)

Mike owns the Cinemassacre channel and he streams constantly. He without a doubt pulls in way more money than James.

He should have retired the character and just done very balanced, informative reviews. SwordQuest and the CastleVania Retrospective are peak James.

post mike cock

thanks

Do you understand what progeny means? Your faggot ass will never leave a new human on this earth. James is better than you because of this.

Its very telling that some of his best modern episodes are ones looking at hardware or accessories

I think most people agree he should retire AVGN and just be himself.

I genuinely wonder what he does for a living or what makes him supposedly so 'busy'.

Attached: 1551343480917.jpg (594x629, 102K)

$500,000 in debt

James and Mike do AVGN for a living.

James does AVGN for a living. Mike leeches like a fucking jew.

WHO ARE THESE FAT FUCKS!?!?!?

He streams for fellow retro boomers that stumbled their way from James' channel that only give him Bezos subs on twitch. When he streams anything modern, there's no one watching him. He doesn't have the personality or wherewithal to pull in the demo that makes twitch bucks.

>having Mike's friends invade his channel?
those are the people who run the network he sold his soul to, screenwave. mike happened to actually become friends with them so he gets a much better deal while james has to slave away making all the content as special guest star on the channel he created.

if you're aware of vinesauce or care about that whatsoever vinny also sold out to screenwave and pals around with those fat fucks at cons.

Attached: 1581660770335.jpg (992x880, 157K)

Every youtuber/celebrity has their peak and downfall. They always eventually fade into obscurity no matter what. There's just too much competition and eventually your videos get stale and old and people want to move the fuck on. Sure, you'll get your die hard fans, but that's all you got.
James, to his credit didn't try hard. He only released videos every 2 weeks to a month during his peak career. He still had a full time job. Then you had other jewtubers who decided to make it their full time job, and their meltdown was just far worse. I still feel James is experiencing this but it's not nearly as bad.

Like this nigga streamed Dead Space 1 recently and the comments on youtube about it are confused grandfathers marveling at never hearing about the game before. Like bruh. 2008.

I liked a lot the power rangers episode too, not the part about the games but when he was talking about how much he would have loved the show back in the day, it felt genuine.

Would James play Dead Space 1?

Possibly. He'd suck at it, then just quit and never touch it again.

Bootsy is a faggot and no one who cares about early AVGN cared about that fag.

I'm sure he was one of the confused grandfathers marveling in the comments section. That's literally who Mike is trying to leech off on twitch which doesn't work. He's stuck in a time capsule and can't draw in the younger audience that pays out on twitch.

While that one is definitely bad, I'll take it over the Gilbert Gottfried episode.

>The nerd is still a good character but he needs to be evolved into being more snarky and sarcastic and less over the top.
Because the snarky and sarcastic game reviewer hasn't been done to death either.

If anyone has any doubts about the 30 year old boomer meme, I think James and Mike embody it really well, even if they're in their late 30s, early 40s.

It's depressing how both of them are stuck in the past, the Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox are about as old as the NES was when James started doing his first reviews.

it was so funny how confused old man james was about xbox.

Attached: actionmax_xbox1.webm (854x480, 651K)

People here know that determining people's personality according to their birth date is the same as astrology, right? Sometimes I have the impression that people here have stopped using these terms ironically and are now taking it seriously.

>PS2 and Xbox are about as old as the NES was when James started doing his first reviews.

Attached: 1581216138581.gif (400x302, 476K)

(((Gilbert Gottfried)))
James is a kosher cocksucker.

Absolutely. It's the embodiment of OLD GOOD, NEW BAD. Except they decided to take up that mentality by what? Their late teens? Early twenties? Like I'm a few years behind them and appreciate the nostalgia from shit I grew up on but to this day I keep up with everything while still maintaining a healthy personal life. I say that because the big argument I always hear about that is "Life gets in the way". No shit. But there's always time for the smaller things. Especially in the entertainment medium they're in. In fact, it's almost a requirement in their medium.

Probably not, didnt he have a breakdown and retire the character, then realize its his only gravy train and came crawling back to it? Thats probably why they all suck, either he fuckin hates doing it, or it becomes such a goofy project that its just fucking awful

He won't have to pay rent as long as he's living in your head

>I back up my stuff on discs.

You're not reading this right. He's not talking about BACK UPS. He's talking about actually filming onto the DVD itself.

They just flat-out have no interest in newer stuff. It is really just the same boomer bullshit like usual.

You know, for somebody whos really into making movies, youd think hed realize how visually unappealing it is to see a 400 lbs fat fucking slob in the middle of the screen the whole video. Get that fucker behind the counter at least, or god forbid, ask him to lose some fucking weight

Attached: peperead.png (128x102, 21K)

YouTube is social media. Social media requires you to showcase your entire life for views, attention and especially money. Mix that with unbalanced individuals who have never really socialized or held a job and you got the current situation we're in today.

Good entertainment when you're far away from them.

Or maybe how white people don't want to be wiped out by propaganda. But teehee, my wife wanted a nigger to date the main white woman, so I acquiesced because I only get to touch a pussy three times a year.

Attached: 1569464866520.jpg (800x610, 414K)

The problem with AVGN is that what is retro has changed and he doesn't understand it anymore. When AVGN started these NES games were ~15 years old. Now the gamecube is around 15 years old. The retro game content people now look for for their nostalgia is gamecube/ps2 era. And he is too old now to understand that nostalgia. He could try to fake it but it would be easily seen through. Even with Majora's Mask, an N64 game, you could see he just didn't get it.

AVGN is long passed its prime. James only good content these days are when its just him, being himself talking about something he's passionate about.
Too bad his channel is just AVGN and his unfunny friends.

I've never been in a place with so many fatasses.

someone post the webm of james flinching after making eye contact with mike

The problem is he ran out of games from his childhood that actually made him mad. Most of the games he plays now he's never even heard of; Screenwave just picks them out for him.

His passion is clearly film but he's being cucked so hard by his wife and Screenwave that all that's left is an empty shell of a man.

Excellent point. Which is why them swearing off anything new so early in their life put them in this weird situation where they have problems adapting. When you hear James explain it, he'll always say something like his attention was on monster movies at that time, for example, but I don't understand how there wasn't time for anything else. Can this nigga not multitask hobbies or interests?

>Hey James, wanna check out this Gamecube?
>No sorry. Only got time for Rodan right now.

Fucking lol
Seconded

jesus christ go outside

>"This thread... was moved to... Cred Forums?" What? To Cred Forums? What were they thinking?! Why would they move my thread off the video games board?! Did they think I wasn't relevant? I'm called the Angry VIDEO GAME Nerd! It's right there in the name! I'm a hell of a lot more relevant than most threads on that godforsaken cesspool of an imageboard! Waifu threads, console wars threads, Twitter screencap threads... I hate them all! Actually, I'm glad they moved my thread. I'd rather be anywhere on this site than Cred Forums! I'd rather be posting webms of diseased elephants having violent fits of explosive diarrhea onto hapless zoo employees! I'd rather browse page after page of futa cock inflation while I watch footage from a gay furry S&M convention in the next tab! The mods are clods, the jannies are trannies, and the Cred Forums pass can kiss my ass! Now if you'll excuse me, I have a relocation to make myself. *pulls down pants*

Attached: 1581305529373.jpg (720x480, 80K)

I definitely havent enjoyed the last few years of episodes as much as I did his old stuff, that said, his Big Rigs Trucking episode from a couple years back was probably his best episode to this day.

Attached: R07odbV.jpg (380x317, 25K)

If you watch his old videos where he explajns his original process this is actually makes sense, he is not professionally trained in any way, this is what happens when a dude is just left to his own devices. As some one who works in tech im always getting flummoxed when a fresh college grad comes in and shows me new shit that became standard 2 years prior, its easy to get left behind when get in the rythem of a process you like

Nigger you fucking w h a a a t

>THIS
Frankie pulled a Barry Sanders/Calvin Johnson and got out unscathed

Yeah, his AVGN character is more entertaining than all of his friends combined.

Nope. James was always at his best when he was raging out of childhood experience and there was always going to be a finite amount of games that fucked with him as a kid. Once he ran out of those the series was destined to decline with or without Mike's friends and shit tier guests.

He's got reviewing chops and can put together a concise piece of work.

Maybe just doing reviews as James and not the character, about shit he's actually interested in would be an ideal route.

Kinda reminds me of Dr.Wolfula

That episode was great apart from the lengthy guitar guy segments. It's not that they were bad, it's that there were too many of them and most of them dragged on and on and on. Have fewer of them and cut them down a bit and it would have been fine.

Fuck you for forgetting about the GameCube.

It's gotten so fucking bad since the new guys have been on the channel. I didn't even really like Mike that much.

Actual quality post
But how do you even keep up with all the new shit anyways?

youtube.com/watch?v=I9k7PwW123A&feature=youtu.be&t=324

>The mods are clods, the jannies are trannies, and the Cred Forums pass can kiss my ass!

Attached: 1566790702060m.jpg (836x1024, 83K)

>The movie that wrecked AVGN.
>The console that REKT AVGN.

Attached: 1529705294670.png (609x611, 571K)