Video games aren't fun anymore

Video games aren't fun anymore.

Attached: editors.1534531933441.png (1920x1080, 1.53M)

Take a break from gaming, after one week you'll either know that you're done gaming or that you needed to take a break

Maybe if they would come up with something new and entertaining and not just the same repetitive shot they force down our throats

Attached: 07AFA3AA-5AB4-49CC-B78A-BD4F78DA6D15.jpg (600x719, 77K)

New stuff never sells.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro - 11 [720p].mkv_snapshot_02.49_[2018.09.14_16.53.21].jpg (1280x720, 236K)

people used to design games around making something fun to play. Now they're designed like mobile games to squeeze every penny out of people. Fat ass whales keep throwing money at shitty dlc and in-game currency so they keep doing it.

On the plus side, all those old games are cheap now.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro - 11 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_02.34_[2018.09.14_17.47.41].png (1280x720, 1.31M)

I've spent hundreds on games over the last 5 years after spending 2 grand building a gaming PC.
I found myself replaying half-life 2, homefront 2, simcity, various old games.
Fuck this whole world. Nothing makes me happy like when I was younger. I just wish I could enjoy anything again like video games were, back then.

I built a 2TB HDD PS2 and installed over 330 games. It runs great, looks good on my nice TV. I can afford anything I want now, I ha e a good job. I find myself in a continuous loop of boring hobbies, none of which I'm any good at.
I keep hoping this isn't what life is, the grand illusion of adulthood can't really be this. This is hell. Life is hell.
I have to remind myself why I'm here, I have kids, a house, responsibility. For what? The best I can hope for is that my kids enjoy their childhood, but I find they're more interested in YouTube, minecraft, roblox and Netflix.

I'm tired, I'm asleep through my days, I seek pleasure and yield nothing from this cycle.

Attached: 1562971503498.jpg (720x605, 23K)

Bro, just play with your kids. It's messed up that you've had children as an unhappy person, but you can still do your best to mitigate the damage done.

Show'em what an engineer can do in minecraft. It'll blow their minds.

How old are you? I've been feeling the same and I'm 30...

let's not forget games are now designed to make you buy a new console/graphic cards every then and now.
Nobody focus on gameplay/story anymore, just "hurr durr look at muh graphics" bullshit.

Plenty of games focus on story and gameplay. Where the fuck have you been?

Games today aren't made to be fun. Its made to make money. Fifa 2020 is just fifia 2019. They didn't bother changing anything other than the title and sold it for $60.

Imagine playing FIFA 2020 and thinking that's representative of games today. GTFO normie

way to miss the point.
let me use another example for the braindeads.
Blizzard made a remake of warcraft 3.

Agreed. They're all either remakes of older games, or broken/half-made games sold at full-price (even when pre-owned) with huge chunks of the rest of the game hidden behind paywalls. Gamecube/PS2/Xbox/Dreamcast was the last best era.

Attached: VAPORGRAM1579138165440.png (700x720, 734K)

Why don't you just play games that were made in the past? As time passes by, there are only new games appearing, so how can your selection have become worse?

I do. The only downside is:
>no online multiplayer with voice-chat, so I can listen to other people talk and pretend I still have friends

Attached: 1580591401767.jpg (850x799, 211K)

Newer games are destroyed by corporate greed to push out a product. Anthem is slowly becoming vaporware as the Christmas decoration is still in game... in February .
No mans sky was rushed hard so they basically released a beta build. It's better now since devs kept patching the game for free.
fallout 76... fallout 4 vanilla with multiplayer but no npc.

pepperage farm remembers

Attached: 1582862160329.jpg (720x540, 63K)

>play shitty game
>complain
hmmmmmmm

Last game I bought that was hyped was RDR2 and I just didn't feel it anymore like I used to.
The game is too easy that I try to drag it out and not finish it and just do the side missions to make it feel more challenging than it really is.
It is just all about the looks and not the meat and potatoes anymore.
It's sort of like dating a 10/10 but she has no substance and you just play with her body and shoot a rope that feels good for a second then you are stuck with an airhead with no personality.

Attached: 1580571176323.jpg (960x960, 75K)