I cleaned my fucking room today for the first time in weeks and I don't feel any better...

I cleaned my fucking room today for the first time in weeks and I don't feel any better. Did benzo JoPo lie to me or am I doing something wrong?

Attached: Jordan-Peterson-Room.jpg (674x338, 45K)

Attached: lmailt.jpg (1080x1080, 141K)

w-what? How does this help me determine a psychological causal relationship between the cleaning of one's living area and their general temperament or mood?

Attached: 1495248012679.png (600x500, 89K)

Clean your lobster.

Never understood this. I live literally like an alcoholic bum but my room is clean all the time even when I don't clean it. What kind of pigs are you? Can't you put the trash in the trash and no throw it on the floor?

Best advice here man, don't forget about the family armadillo

In my case it's I have papers, books and clothes everywhere. yes, Trash always goes in the bin. I just have too much stuff lying about.

Ya. this guy is a fucking retard. Much like most Cred Forums users

Dont just clean move shit reorganize try to alter the space. Hang a picture make shit smell good play music. Lie on a freshly made bed. Paint get new lighting.

To be honest I've never read any petersen, but this makes a whole lot more sense than clean up. Unfortunately I literally do not have the freedom/space to alter the space much. It's like the fucking Tower of Hanoi over here. Each move requires you to think 6 moves ahead.

perhaps not enough places to put it, or simply too much stuff

it's mostly just putting it off, then forgetting about it for abit.

If you haven't seen anything about him, don't listen to the retards like OP. Go watch some of his videos on youtube and make your own opinion.

Try also taking a shower daily. First few days feeling a high and somewhat happy. It then goes back down to neutrality, from there you start using daily headspace and meeting friends daily. 3 weeks later you are a normie and fine with that. After 6 weeks you rarely check Cred Forums anymore. After 8-9 weeks you can focus on things again and be productive. From there you find your calling and try to fulfill it as best you can, while maintaining good hygiene. It has its lows but it is much better than what I presume you have. You may find a Stacy or a Chad for you somewhere down the road. You may even get out of the ''mythic'' friendzone with your crush.

Little bit of column A, little bit of columb B
I already have a gf who's enamoured with me. My room is a fucking bombsite though.
I still am constantly on Cred Forums.
Your advice is bullshit.

Maybe you're just privileged and don't appreciate your time, just got off community service and now have spent a week working all day cleaning all my stuff and sorting (not just trash but all my stuff) it's nice to have a chance to put everything in it's place the way I want instead of being forced to work every second of free time

>Maybe you're just privileged and don't appreciate your time,
What does that even mean?

I haven't bothered to pick up the trash for a year. It's just a sea of bottles,wrappers and clothes now

What was the community service for? Are you really suggesting that people who don’t fuck up and get sentenced to community service are privileged? I don’t think that word means what you think it means

believe it is an attempt to assert the value of perspective, ironically

solution to both columns would be to get rid of some stuff. could also buy/build a dresser i guess

This guy's based his career on telling people how to man the fuck up and deal with life and he then gets addicted to drugs cause life got too hard and he couldn't handle it. What a fucking con man.

Did you pick up all the cum socks user?

He had a bad reaction to a prescribed drug and sought treatment. That's really the sort of advice he would give.

Enlighten us then. My advice is about how to get started getting out of a shithole you are in. It is not universal though, but i assume a shot in the dark is better than nothing for most people. Shit may not make you happy but having good hygiene can provide with some success in many aspects of life.

user, I have a dresser. I just have more clothes than my girlfriend.
> Shit may not make you happy but having good hygiene can provide with some success in many aspects of life.
In other words what you said was totally off topic!!
Your advice is vague bullshit that doesn't actually solve problems. I knew it was bullshit because you didn't actually ask for any specificity about mine or anyone's problems, without that you can't offer advice because as you say it's not universal. So what do you do? You ask questions to make it specific.
Not that it matters because your advice was off-topic, impossibly vague, and most importantly: doesn't work.
I know this is needlessly aggressive - but I've just fucking had it with snakeoil salesmen putting their "just sleep more bro" "it's so easy" bullshit. Especially since they're probably more fucked up than anyone, but happen to have made a way to scam people.
OP very much related.

What is your actual issue user?

Everyone fucks up, it's a about not knowing what you have until you lose it and have to earn basic shit that feels "meaningless"

Fucked if I know, I must have problems if I started a thread just to gloat about how Bezo Jo's bullshit panacea advice didn't, well, act as a panacea.

How about the other steps he suggests? I mean, at the end of the day no general guidelines are going to cover every single person. You could, for instance, have an issue that requires medication. If you feel like your life is in a state of chaos, the ideas put out by Peterson are certainly an okay, simple start to resolving things.

My issues can totally be condensed to quite simply lacking charm and charisma or general salesman skills. Being able to persuade people (not reason - reasoning doesn't work - people only see how right I was in hindsight) to take courses of action and listen to me.
It's a very simple technical social skill I lack which is weird because I have a wide circle of friends, some very loyal and loving friends, a girlfriend who adores me.
But I just can't persuade people to buy shit from me. Or to take actions that I prescribe.

JoPo is a dipshit fraud. His 15 minutes should be over.

Your problem is that you aren't good at persuasion? Kind of odd and specific. user, that's a skill you actually have to go out and learn, then put into practice. While it's true some people, women especially, have a natural empathy that allows them to manipulate with ease, but anyone can pick it up.
I would doubt you don't have charisma if you have a rich social sphere, so perhaps you have an issue with your confidence? Would that be accurate?

You asked what my specific issue is, so I tried to oblige. It's certainly a root cause - a lot of problems in my life could be swept away if I was better at things like selling, negotiation, self-promotion etc. etc.
> so perhaps you have an issue with your confidence? Would that be accurate?
What do you mean by 'confidence'? In what context?

>listening to Reddit Peterson

Well how would you describe your overall confidence? That's an important attribute that directly ties in with your overall success and mood.

I have no idea how to answer that. It varies on my efficacy in the specific domain I'm in. Like most people if you asked me to pilot a plane in a nose-dive, I'd be pretty unconfident, but in other areas I'm supremely confident.

So you feel you have confidence relatively proportional to the amount of effort you've put into the task at hand then?
So for social skills you do might not be so sure of yourself? Since that seems to be an issue.

Have you tried doing it anyway and telling other people to fix it if they don't like it?

>So you feel you have confidence relatively proportional to the amount of effort you've put into the task at hand then?
No, that's not what I said at all. I said it's about my efficacy
>So for social skills you do might not be so sure of yourself? Since that seems to be an issue.
I wouldn't use the word 'social skills' I would use words like persuasion, selling, negotiation, self-promotion.
I'm confident in social situations and socializing.

Well that's good.
You seem like the sort of person that requires specificity, or at least that's the vibe I'm getting anyway.
Are you this way with people in everyday life?

>listening to the advices of Juden Peterstein even ironically

Peterson is not entirely literal when he says clean your room. It's more of a euphemism. It's a layered statement. Yes you should clean your room but more over the phrase is supposed to mean you should only try to organize and maintain those things which are within your domain of influence, and the more you organize (clean) the more your domain of influence grows.

So you've cleaned your room and put it into order. Great. Now move beyond your room to the rest of the house. Once your house is in order maybe you could try to get your relationship with your friends and family a little more polished. Maybe you could improve your career or attempt to make your community a better place. As you go up the ladder the more incharge and powerful you become and the better you'll feel than the pitiful person that wasn't doing much in their room.

Now you shouldn't try to spread yourself too thin either because you'll burnout. Only try to carry what your strength will allow. You'll get stronger as a consequence.

> Your advice is vague bullshit that doesn't actually solve problems. I knew it was bullshit because you didn't actually ask for any specificity about mine or anyone's problems, without that you can't offer advice because as you say it's not universal. So what do you do? You ask questions to make it specific.
Yeah that is my bad because i made assumptions about op. But it is not vague bullshit because people tend to avoid you if you smell like shit or look like shit. I assumed that about op which is a shit thing to do.
>but I've just fucking had it with snakeoil salesmen putting their "just sleep more bro" "it's so easy" bullshit. Especially since they're probably more fucked up than anyone, but happen to have made a way to scam people.
I never said it was easy but i assumed shit about op. And i dont have a way to ''scam'' people as im not selling anything. Im just posting on fucking b for no reason.

Sorry, captchas have been fucking with me.
yes I like specificity when people are giving me advice or instructions. just makes everything easier for everyone.

I think what he means is to de-clutter, go through all your belongings, bin/sell anything you don't need or use, move some stuff around, compartmentalize your stuff so that you know what and where everything else in all parts of the house (or bedroom if you don't own the whole house) and you should feel much better, I always feel good when I do this, I feel less stressed knowing where everything is, and it's good to make a little change here and there by adding some new decor or hanging up a picture

Never claimed about it to be a panacea (unless you aren't talking about me) but in my experience atleast it shows you you are fucked up and need outside help from a therrapist. It fucking worked for me so i again fucked up assuming it would lead to op or whoever to realise they need help. I was told a lot that i needed help but never sought it out until i followed that bs advice and realised it for myself.>Your advice is vague bullshit that doesn't actually solve problems. I knew it was bullshit because you didn't actually ask for any specificity about mine or anyone's problems, without that you can't offer advice because as you say it's not universal.
I said its not universal because it cannot help litterally everyone but i believe that a majority of people could benefit from the advice
>Not that it matters because your advice was off-topic, impossibly vague, and most importantly: doesn't work.
Have you tried it ? I again will assume you havent. And if that is true you are afraid somewhere deep down it wont ever work and you just keep repeating this circle of having something that could work but half assing it at best and never trying 100% for anything because you assume if you try at 50 % and it fucking sucks then trying at 100% must suck so much that you will never recover from it. Is that specific enough or do you need anything else?

No I meant JoPe's "clean you room" is a panacea
>Have you tried it ? I again will assume you haven
You assume wrong! I specifically said I do shower daily and I don't need to get out of the friendzone because I already have a girlfriend. Your advice is retarded because not only am I still sad despite doing the things you say, I already have the benefits your promised....
I think that's pretty damning - I'm doing it, have the benefits, and am still not happy.
> Is that specific enough or do you need anything else?
That's not specific at all because it misses the mark by a wide margin

Do you take anti-depressants?

You do come off as abrasive and overly anal. However I can't know that for certain with a simple online discussion, but if that is the case softening your speech and working on your agreeableness might be a step in the right direction. For your specific issue, that is persuasion, selling, negotiation, and self-promotion, learning and actively applying new techniques will help quite a lot. If you had confidence issues you would need to address that first, but as far as I can tell that isn't the case. You certainly seem intelligent, perhaps studying some psychology would give you the edge you need with your goals, assuming you haven't done so already. Specifically marketing psychology, which is a pretty lucrative field.

Okay i missed again. Thats fine by me. Live and learn. Missed the shower thing in the thread. I may have fucked up and mentioned being happy as a result somewhere. Truth is im not a therapist so i cant determine what your deeper problem is. All im doing is projecting what was happening to me. But have you considered a therapist for your issues? About the happiness thing i've followed an online persona about it and it seems to be working well for now. The trick i used is i wrote a 500 word essay about all the things i consider wrong with the world and then wrote 500 more about my marketable skills and combined the two seeing if and where they overlap and doing that as a career. Someone will probbably guess who that is but idgaf.

Also you never talked about meditation which i suggested which leads me to believe you havent tried that as well. It doesnt hurt takes from 5 to 30 minutes and can be really helpful if you are consistent with it. (atleast that was the case for me) I'd presonally recommend headspace as its easy to follow but it honestly doesnt matter what method you try.

What is your experience in face to face selling or online sales and promotion?
What techniques do you find have garnered better results?
Why do you think I'm overly anal when despite my trying to be honest with you, you've on multiple occasions misunderstood my intended meaning?

Glad to know atleast 1 person understood the idea behind Petersons rule. Probably also the same person who actually read the book not just making opinions out of 3 words like our very own moron OP.

Without getting specific, I do have a few years experience with face to face sales. You need to become very knowledgeable about your product and the target demographic. You need to perfect your posture, hygiene, and just overall be easily approachable/pleasant.
As far as techniques go you already understand that straight reasoning skills do very little. Marketing sometimes appeals to reason, but tapping into peoples emotions and instincts will give you far better results. A truly great salesman sells himself, not his product.
It isn't that you aren't being honest with your replies, it is the specific manner in which you seemed to do so. Communicating through impersonal mediums takes a little extra precaution. It lacks a lot of subtlety like tone, facial expressions, and those sort of cues. Again, I can't know that for sure. The fact that you ask might mean you've heard that before maybe?

Which technique do you think helped you the most, and why? When you say 'sells himself' I know you don't mean literally, but what do you mean - is it just about likability? What about himself does he need to communicate?
What do poor salesman get wrong in this regard?
> it is the specific manner in which you seemed to do so.
What about that manner do you infer as being 'anal'. Do you not see it as honesty and a necessary directness in an impersonal medium like this? Why did you choose to use that word - anal - instead of "methodical" or "direct" or "no bullshit" even?

You sound like a rapper "It's a metaphor!!" Your interpretation is a stretch, is what it is....

this, the presumption that people who can't get their own live's together can some how disentangle the layers of metaphor and allegory and reach the correct and healthy meaning, and somehow act upon it in a way that hereto they haven't been able to in their other wise messed up lives is quite a stretch.

read chapter 6 in 12 rules if you don't get it

For me, it was just to relax and treat the person like a friend. A friend with a problem, and I was just doing my best to help out. It always made things the right amount of personal touch. Will that work for you? Maybe. It may not be your style.
You may already know or have heard of this, but impressions are everything. Before you've even spoken a single syllable the person you're interacting with has made possibly hundreds of assumptions about you based on just appearance alone. That's not just a little factor either, you could have lost or gained a sale already. It's a shallow human trait, but it's reality. Politeness will go a long way in correcting any negative traits they've already prescribed to you. Then it's a fine balance between becoming too personal or too distant. And this is all before you've made a single pitch or had them clarify their issue.
Anal meaning Anal Retentive, at least as far as wording. Perhaps overly careful and precise. While it may be honest and direct, it will also be cold and possibly misinterpreted. It's not a terrible quality to have in a friend, but to a stranger it'll feel mechanical.

holy shit how much of a mess is that?
And people take that hobo guy serious?

>calls Cred Forums users a bunch of retards
>posts on Cred Forums as well

GLORIOUS UNIVERSAL LIFE ADVICE:
1. Identify problem
2. Fix problem
>I smell
take a shower nerd
>I'm dumb
Read a book nigger
>Girls don't like me
Talk to other chicks tryhard
>"Plz no bulli"
"No bully."
>Hungry
chicken + rice is stupid cheap
>Bored
Do something new you predictable loser
>Penis too small
No it isn't
>work sucks
optimize how you do shit so it's easier
>not enough money
track literally everything you spend money on for a couple weeks and cut shit out and remember that saving is slower than spending
>fatfuck
watch how much you eat, but eat regularly to keep out of starvation mode. You shouldn't feel hungry even wgen trying to lose weight. As long as you eat normally, maybe leaner, literally any regular exercise will melt shit off your body.
>vague anxiety or panicked feeling
Too much going on, ignore it and focus on only the most urgent or important problem, and work your way down. Life isn't some stranger than fiction bullshit where pulling one thread will undo a whole system of knots. Identify the issue and focus on it and only it. A good acid/shrooms trip might help too depending on the person.
Do good things anons. Do what you want and do it right.