/djt/ - Daily Japanese Thread

DJT is a language learning thread designed by and for those studying the Japanese language.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JDN2Vi_mJkA
youtube.com/watch?v=lB-sr7kgifA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

alright, let's make DJT great again

pls someone translate i don't hiroshima nagasaki desu

んざがみあすきばぞーかーが
ぴとぅやゆぬとぅくまぬみあてぃな
ぱてぃやみいらるんんーなぐづーゆ
にごうき゚むだきどぅばぬうたすきうー
うぬぷすんな
ばんとぅぴすとぅからぬぬーま
わごうぬづーゆとぅみーどぅ
がまらすぎむだきゆくんぎ

アタラカぬうやんまや
アタラカぬむぬうふぃーたー
いつがみまいゆどぅまんゆー
ばぬうあすかすだき

んざがみあすきき゚たがーら
あすき゚いみやーつうさいらるん
すてぃたふぁにゃーんがまらさまい
ぶがりゅき゚むやーつのーさるん

んなまだきや
いみゆみいしみる
むどぅらるんんきゃーぬ
アタラスあんなぬうでぃん

ぎむがささあふりーぬ
ばすきらるんぴかず
アタラカぬぴとぅぬきゃゆ
むどぅしふぃーぶさぬ

うんくいやのーまいさーりーふぃーなよ
“ツンダラーサ”てぃぬくとぅばや
すににゃーんみす゚ゆーぬ
やがてぃまわりきすがみ

アタラカぬうやんまや
アタラカぬむぬうふぃーたー
いつがみまいゆどぅまんゆー
ばぬうあすかすだき

アヤシャーカぬてぃだうがみ
わごうぬうぶづーんかい
あがたぱてぃがみまい
あすき゚ゆどぅまされん

unintelligible hiragana soup

I found it in a text file when tidying my folders. No clue what it could be?

youtu.be/JDN2Vi_mJkA

seems to be this song after a bit googling, I have no idea what the fuck this nigga is saying though

My moonrunes are rusty but it seems to be it.

>I have no idea what the fuck this nigga is saying
>in a Japanese thread

it's not standard japanese... ask the Elevens in the japanese thread, I can't understand shit

It's a dialect or some shit idk. But it definitely isn't standard Japanese that's for sure.

>知的エンターテイメント性にあふれた「コロシアイ」なのです。

I already saw some examples on how 溢(あふ)れる is used grammatically and according to what I read, it is structured as [Thing used to fill]は[Thing that is being filled]を溢れる。(e.g. 水はコップを溢れた.)
Why in this case, に is used to indicate what is being filled with?

I think it's a bit like asking why is it the 'water filled cup' and not 'the cup filled with water'?
and I don't see how a は をconstruction would even work in this sentence, especially with the なの, there's an emphasis on what it's being filled with as a defining elemen

sorry I can't really explain it better

>I don't see how a は をconstruction would even work in this sentence, especially with the なの
I actually fucked up that part though, which I realized upon reading my question again. It was supposed to be [Thing used to fill]は[Thing that is being filled]に溢れる. The entire structure 知的エンターテイメント性にあふれた modifies コロシアイ
My rough semi-direct translation would be "It's a Killing Game filled with intellectual entertainment"

>pls someone translate i don't hiroshima nagasaki desu
that is 宮古語 Miyakoan language, which is similar to an older language than 上代日本語 the Older Japanese
most Japanese people cannot understand it

古宮古語
「あらたかの星」=かけがえのない星
「あらたか」は「新しい」の上代の古形で、意味も「惜しい」ということ
宮古島の人は大和とも琉球とも違うオーストロネシア系のgeneを持つ
宮古語は、上代日本語以前の上古日本語、所謂「縄文語」の流れを引くものとして注目されている
もちろん、それのらい旧いということで、縄文時代とは関係ない
日本語や琉球語とは母音の数そのものが違う

>257 reviews today
>+20 new words

MORE WEIGHT

×水はコップを溢れた
○水がコップに溢れた
溢れる is an intransitive verb
we use 満たす as a transitive verb, as that meaning
ex.:知的エンターテイメント性に充たされた「コロシアイ」なのです
it is the 'killing each other', that is filled with intellectual entertainment

*それくらい旧い

>167 reviews today
Please less weight

>Just saw 不動産屋 ("real estate agent") in the anki deck
>still haven't learned the word for cat (which i know is 猫, but wtf, where is it in the deck, and why isn't it like the 50th word in there)

It's made from frequency of newspapers. Real estate is probably talked about more than cats.

>Using the default order of the deck
Yeah I fucked that one up big time. Still need to get used on constructing sentences. Thanks for clarifying that,

>110 reviews today
this is about the right amount of weight
i could probably increase new word count but i wanna slack a bit longer

喜びに溢れる
be full of joy
That sentence made me recall 'Battle Royale'
'Battle Royale' may be thought as the 'Killing Game' full of intellectual entertainment

No wonder, the passage is from a VN with great similarities with Battle Royale.
So, it seems doesn't matter THAT much in this case when I switch around the vessel and filling material in the sentence.

I know the most popular form is "かわかみ" (川上), but shouldn't "かわがみ" also be correct? When a "か" word comes after another word shouldn't it become a "が" word? (I really do prefer kawagami over kawakami so i hope it's also correct)

youtube.com/watch?v=lB-sr7kgifA

明日はanimal crackersを何匹食べますか?鉛筆だけが三本があります。昨年、牛乳を飲みませんでした。今は毎日牛乳を飲みます。

It's a name? Names can have whatever reading the person wants as long as the kanji are allowed.

You're generally correct on the "rule" but there are still exceptions and there isn't a completely consistent want to predict it.

yes, it's a name. could you give me a tip on where to expect these exceptions? like "かたかな" for example, where this rule doesn't apply

bump