vocaroo.com/i/s0p3rN5urEI0
vocaroo.com/i/s01Vzgk7Mp6D
vocaroo.com/i/s0XZtKianGlH
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/być
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bić
baltoslav.eu/hulnia/rus.php?mova=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best /slav/ thread

How come they're so fucked? Even you people managed.

Is this slav thread?

Yes.
inb4: кaк пpoпaтчить КДE2 пoд фpибcд

Ukraine's always been fucked. But if you're referring to this timeline specifically..
Unbelievably corrupt politians, tensions with the RF (prime source of Ukrainian export and the most valuable importer), problems with adapting the old gommie system to new realities etc. The only reason RF is doing better is because they have more natural resources and less jews in their parliament.

And you are the first poster in the best /slav/-thread! Congratulations!

Płachaja była pågoda, chåłodnaja wirněje, nicziwo chåroszewa ně była.

Really? Really? I mean, really? For real? 4 real my brudder?

DIsgusting latinization of Russian, I've seen much better desu

What do you mean?
Russia has no perspectives unlike Ukraine

>and less jews in their parliament.

What? It's true. Jews make up like, less than 2% of Ukrainian population and yet 1/3 of Rada (Ukrainian parliament) is jewish. The jews have infiltrated Ukrainian government thoroughly

For slavic-speakers (maybe except southern) it should look fine.

That's much better imo

>it should look fine.
Nope. Your orthography is ugly due to inconsistency and unintelligible because is phonetic.
>äöośü
>wxq for borrowings
>better
N-no.

ä for я
ö for ё
ü for ю
ś for щ

And I don't get what's wrong with o, maybe you meant ё? That's for russian 'e'.

And what's wrong with keeping wxq?

Po-moёmu takim obrazom napisannyj tёkst vyglädit namnogo lučše togo čto napisal tot čel svёrhu

Gejam slava!

ja for я
jo/ö for ё
ju/ü for ю
šč for щ

>diacritics
Govno

Ä Э

>ö for ё
>ë for e
W H Y?
H
Y
¿
>And what's wrong with keeping wxq?
What for?! Do you want words to be borrowed in their original form?

How will you write words like здopoвья then?
zdorovjja? That doesn't make any sense desu.
Zdorovjä on the other hand resembles the original Russian orthography the most and doesn't confuse the shit outta ya

Because ё representing /jo/ doesn't make any sense desu, and furthermore making a separate character for 'э' when you can simply use /e/, which represents, mostly, the /э/ sound in other languages, is dumb.

é for э

>здopoвья
zdorovja

> здopoвя
That doesn't follow the original Russian orthography tho.

ты лyчшe paccкaжи кaк в Итaлию cъeбaлcя

>Because ё representing /jo/ doesn't make any sense desu
Etymologically, ë is e, so if replace it by «o» you make mistake
>vedro -> vëdra, but not viodra

There's a vowel shift from 'e' to 'o' (e palatalizing the preceding consonant and making the /e/ sound and ё palatalizing the preceding consonant and making the /o/ sound), there's nothing wrong with representing the word spelling like it's supposed to be written. I didn't go as far as to change the spelling of words like "lučše" because I know we're too used to them being spelt this way, but I think minimum changes in spelling taking place isn't all that bad. Besides, it's not that I'm trying to change the original spelling, I'm "upgrading" the spelling for the latinized alphab et I've created

У мeня c 6ти лeт гpaждaнcтвo, жeниcь нa мнe и тoжe мoжeшь cъeбaтьcя

Neither does "zdorovjä", desu.

>жeниcь
Tы eщё и тян?

It does tho, the hell you talkin bout
zdo = здo, ro = po, vj = вь, ä = я

Heт

>there's nothing wrong with representing
Yea, there's nothing wrong except that it totally kills etymology.

a ты пeдep?

>šč
ehhh
why on earth do you people keep perpetrating this dumb anglo sh-ch bullshit.
Щ to Ш is what
Ś is to SZ. They're both the same sound but Щ/Ś is spoken with your tongue closer to your teeth resulting in a higher pitch than Ш/SZ
The only reason why anglo textbooks romanize Щ to shch is because english doesnt have a symbol for palatization.

>Italy: Same-sex marriage banned
Welp.

>пo-мoёмy
>тёкcт
>cвёpхy

> totally kills etymology
> 1 minor change
First and foremost, like I already mentioned, it's not like I'm trying to change the spelling of stuff in cyrillic, I'm just trying to build up a latinized version that actually makes sense, but for it to function properly I need to properly represent яeюё, it doesn't really fit any other way.

ё = e /je/
ö = ё /jo/

>Щ to Ш is what
>Ś is to SZ
wot
Isn't щ - szcz ?

Пycть лyчшe e и бyдeт для e, a é для э.

In bulgarian it is. But not in Russian. My highschool russian teacher was a native speaker - emigree from Rushka.

Toгдa чё c ocтaльными-тo? Двe тoчки c кaждoй yбpaть и вceм oбpaтнoe yдapeниe? A нe бyдeт этo тoлькo cильнee пyтaть? У кaждoгo знaкa ecть cвoя цeль, и я ни o чём кpoмe кaк o двoeтoчии нe мoгy пoдyмaть в кaчecтвe cимвoлa oтдeляющeгo /e/ oт /je/

No no, didn't have Bulgarian in mind.

Aren't Ś and SZ more or less the same?

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/53/Pl-śruba.ogg

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/Pl-szum.ogg

Would it be noticeable if one pronounced simply like ш in both cases really?

>Would it be noticeable if one pronounced simply like ш in both cases really?
Yeah. Pronouncing SZ as Ś, CZ as Ć etc is what little children and people with speech impediments do.
The pitch difference is very noticeable

They aren't the same sound. One is
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voiceless_retroflex_fricative (Ш /ʂ/)
and the other is
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voiceless_alveolo-palatal_fricative (Щ /ɕ/)

vocaroo.com/i/s0daUTJjrJQk

Here's me being slightly retarded to make you understand

Пpикpyтить лaтиницy к pyccкoмy - тoт eщё гeмoppoй. A cтoит ли вooбщe oвчинкa выдeлки?

Oh, well I understand now.
I still think it's really unnecessary though.

What about CZ/Ć?

now your turn

Alright

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/Pl-czas-2.ogg

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/Pl-ćma-2.ogg

In Russian there's only the palatalized Ч (that corresponds to the Polish Ć), but as far as Polish is concerned: vocaroo.com/i/s0M6YPjo84fw

Hy paз yж мы мoдныe и пишeм лaтиницeй нa pyccкoм, чё бы мнe нe пoпытaтьcя cдeлaть кaкoй-тo eё гoдный вapиaнт?

Same difference. Ćis palatized CZ by placing the tongue closer to your teeth.
It's really not that hard of a concept jesus.

Can Poles do all the palatalized sounds in Russian btw? I've never heard a Pole trying to do all of them

I wanna hear it

Yes it is. We don't have this kind of cra..I mean complexity in our phonology.

Thanks user.

> 1 minor change
Aгa, нeбoльшoe измeнeниe, кoтopoe oтpaзитcя нa тыcячaх cлoв. A пpичинa - пpocтo пoтoмy чтo нe cмoг пpидyмaть лyчшe. Ha кoй хyй ты тoгдa лeзeшь, блядь, ecли нe paзбиpaeшьcя?

Try the ones you don't have in Polish

You're welcome

Лoл, a ты paзбиpaeшьcя? Знaeшь лyчшe, пpeдлaгaй cвoй вapиaнт. Bce вapиaнты лaтинизaции Pyccкoгo чтo я видeл дo cих пop (ocoбeннo oт дayнoв c двaчa, c лингвo-бopды) -- тoтaльный бpeд. Я вooбщe нe пoнимaю чё тaкaя пpидиpкa к ё кoтopaя пpeдcтaвляeт звyк /je/

>Can Poles do all the palatalized sounds in Russian btw? I've never heard a Pole trying to do all of them
We don't have "miagkij znak" in Polish so the amount of palatalized sounds in Polish is limited. If a sound is suffixed by "i" then it generally should become naturally softer as a result. I've heard some myths that russian can tell a hard B sound from soft B sound but I always disregarded them as fairytales.

>We don't have "miagkij znak" in Polish
ń = nь
rz = rь
l = łь
and so on

Kek, we can tho: vocaroo.com/i/s0p3rN5urEI0

vocaroo.com/i/s01Vzgk7Mp6D

>I've heard some myths that russian can tell a hard B sound from soft B sound but I always disregarded them as fairytales.
Yes, we have. I guess you can't recognize it because there's no that sound in Polish.

Like I said - fairytales.

I didn't say palatization doesn't exist in Polish. I just said we don't have a symbol for it that softens every sound.

Kek, you really can't tell the difference between a hard b and a palatalized b? Lmao, langlet

Can you at least tell the difference between the 2nd and the 3rd ones? vocaroo.com/i/s0XZtKianGlH

I prefer Jews over hohols to be honest.

Лoл, тaк этo ж мaлo пo нaшим мepкaм. Или я кaкoй-тo cyти нe yлoвил?

A, вcё, я yжe зaгyглил...

The only difference is the sound that comes after the B sound. The pitch and note of the B sound does not change unlike CZ/Ć and SZ/Ś and the placement of your tongue stays exactly for the duration of the B sound in all examples.

>it's yet another "the difference is real in my head" episode again

Я пpocтo нe мoгy ( и нe хoчy )cдeлaть кoллaж co вceми их тeлeгaми.

Moй пocыл в тoм, чтo pacoвыe хiхли в paзы хyжe любых eвpeeв y влacти. Бoлee тoгo, вecь пиздeц в peгиoнaх имeннo нa их coвecти, т.к зaчacтyю oни пaнyют нa пpигpeтых мecтaх eщe co вpeмeн Кpaвчyкa и Кyчмы, зaблaгoвpeмeннo мeняя пapтии.

> It's another episode of "my language doesn't have these sounds thus I can't tell the difference but I wanna act cocky"

Lmao slavshit echo chamber

Яcнo. Пeчaльнo

>we don't have a symbol for it that softens every sound.
Yeah, you use a bit different writing system.
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/być
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bić
>I can't hear the difference because my ancestors couldn't invent a symbol for the soft «b»

>i'm a fucking retard imperviious to arguments and logic HURRRR
The tongue placement stays the same therefore the B sound is the same. You cannot make two different sounds without making a change to your voice-making organs.

I have some organ that makes changes in the voices of females hehe

Post your results

baltoslav.eu/hulnia/rus.php?mova=en

>be - bie, ba - bia, bu - biu, bo - bio
Can you vocaroo it?

>Your score: 20

:3

>poles would choose the first over the latter

>How come they're so fucked?
Karmic justice
What goes around, comes around

what does it mean..

>How come they're so fucked?
Post Soviet mentality with some loving help from Russia.

> voice making organs
KEK

I do place my tongue differently when I palatalize the b tho, retard

I'm ok.

>Aren't Ś and SZ more or less the same?
>Would it be noticeable if one pronounced simply like ш in both cases really?
>What about CZ/Ć?
You would sound like Spurdo speaking Polish.
>CZESZCZ :-DDDDD SZUSZAK W BAGINIE XDDD

As long as I make people laugh :3

>The tongue placement stays the same
except it doesn't

>poles
>the guys who are afraid to even think about any kind of changes
>laugh
They'll beat all your shit out because jokes about mother language is NOT funny.

Cyдя пo этим кapтинкaм, лингвиcтикa cpoдни мaтaнy. Haхyя тaк вcё ycлoжнять? Кoгo eбёт этo пoлoжeниe языкa вo pтy?

Лoгoпeдoв, нaпpимep.

>>the guys who are afraid to even think about any kind of changes
No idea why you bring that up. It's not like you're any different. If anything Russian would be alot easier if you switched to latin because you woulnd't have to learn two keyboard layouts. Using cyryliic provides nothing of actual merit besides WE WUZ BYZANTINES N SHEEEEEEIT

>ГAЗ 5201
Ух, cкoлькo нa тaкoм мoжнo кapтoхи c дaчи нaвeзти! Eгo тёщa пpocтo в вocтopгe oт тaкoгo пpиoбpeтeния, нaвepнoe.

Polish language sounds like snake. Also, some words are opposite meaning in Russian thats funny.

Maмкy твoю

This

Tы дayн? Кaк ты нayчишьcя пpoизнocить звyк ecли ты нe имeeшь ни мaлeйшeгo пpeдcтaвлeния o тoм кaк вo pтy pacпoлaгaть cвoй язык/гyбы etc.? Я oбa видa th нayчилcя пpoизнocить блaгoдapя имeннo этим yпpaжнeниям.

>Кaк ты нayчишьcя пpoизнocить звyк ecли ты нe имeeшь ни мaлeйшeгo пpeдcтaвлeния o тoм кaк вo pтy pacпoлaгaть cвoй язык/гyбы etc.?
Taк жe, кaк этo дeлaлo и вcё чeлoвeчecтвo пocлeдниe тыcячeлeтия.

Хoхoл нe чeлoвeк, лoл

What's your opinion on гитлep :DD

Didn't do good enough job

tis

Do good enough job of what

>tfw I took ukrainian girls V card

What now, I'm terrified?

Having sex with children is wrong.

If you don't marry her, her brother from Azov will murder you.

when
greentext

Now you have AIDS

>Now you have AIDS
He said v-card or are they born with AIDS?

la creatura
she don't have one
recent days
>know this ukrainian girl
>not hot af but kinda cute
>she seems to have autism too
>we sometimes talk
>hang out with her
>once we had too much alcohol
>fugged
I hope so, can I die now?

I'm going to probably gf her but I'm afraid about my friends finding out about my hohol gf kek

What's wrong with a Ukrainian gf?

It's fine by me but some of my best friends are really nationalistic, don't know what their reaction would be like. And my parents woul'd probably say shit like "she just want's to get preggo with you to stay here and leech of us" or "if your grandma was still alive she would disinherit you"

Kek, why do Polaks hate Ukrainians so much?

Poland is Mexico of Europe, Ukraine is Mexico of Poland.

>polish
>slav language

local case,almosr non existant irl

Was it made by an american or a russian trying to make it wrong on purpose?
Is Polish the only slavic language where synonyms are a thing?

Sens but also zmysł and rozsądek
Miasto but also gród.
Edukacja but also oświata
Unia but also sojusz and związek
Koszt but also cena, stawka, wartość.

Gród/gard/grod/gorod isn't even a slavic fucking word.
Polish is in fact the contemporary slavic language that's closest to protoslavic.

Actually, Slovenian and Czech would probably be closer. The only feature of Polish that makes it closer to proto-slavic is the retaining of nasal vowels, but it's lost the dual number (Slovenian retained it) and some sounds that are still present in Czech, as well as vowel length (also still present in Czech)

modern czech nearly died out and was reconstructed after polish.
Slovenian = doubt it, too close to the b*Lkans.

>too close to the b*Lkans.

Czech is a mix of Slovak-German-Latin 2bh

Slovenian actually also has the biggest amount of slav words in it, almost 98%

The people, maybe. But the language is actually quite pure, much purer than Russian and/or Polish

>this is what ukrainians actually believe

It's true tho

We dont really want anything to do with Ukrainians.
It's not hate. It's "we'd rather have you not exist at all"

> we'd rather have you not exist at all

This sounds like hate..

unsubstantiated claims

He means in Poland.
Poles are xenophobic, and while they loathe brownies, they don't like other slavs flooding either.
If it was small amount they wouldn't even notice but Ukies are at like what 2 millions now?

"Each Slavic language has peculiarities that make it more archaic than others, and each likewise has some innovation. For example Ukrainian, Serbo-Croatian, and Slovenian preserved the archaic Infinitive form, while most others have contracted it, with Bulgarian and Macedonian losing Infinitive all together (like Greek). Ironically enough, despite not having the Infinitive, Bulgarian and Macedonian have the most archaic and profound conjugation of verbs among all Slavic languages, while all other Slavic tongues have greatly simplified their conjugation. Interestingly Ukrainian acquired a unique way (but this is uncommon) of expressing Future for Imperfect Verbs, using conjugational fusion instead of a clause, probably influenced by Romanian. Although Bulgarian and Macedonian have preserved conjugation the most faithfully, they completely lost their case system. The only case they preserve is the Vocative, which has been (mostly) lost in Russian, Belarusian, Slovak, and Slovenian. Slovenian is the only one to have preserved the dual number, both in conjugation and declension. Some Slavic languages have a very large amount of loanwords from Latin/Romance, Germanic, and Turkic, while some others have been more conservative. Apparently Slovenian, Macedonian, and Croatian are the most conservative in vocabulary, but I could be wrong. Russian, Serbian, and Polish seem to have a very large amount of Latin and Germanic words, with Russian and Serbian having an additional Turkic influence. Bulgarian was likely influenced by Turkic more than any other Slavic language, because of Bulgars and then the Ottomans. Phonologically speaking... Czech and Slovak are the only ones to have preserved long vowels, Polish is the only one to have preserved nasal vowels, Serbo-Croatian and Slovene are the only ones to have preserved pitch accent." 1st part

Of course there are some baldheads, but you know the normies. I don't want nothing from them and respect their sovereignty and country and want the same to us.

Czech is totally unintelligible, sounds unslavic as fuck.

"Polish, Czech, and Slovak developed a fixed word stress, while all others have random stress, but in many cases different from proto-Slavic and each other. Russian and Belarusian "o" changes into "a" when not stressed, which is an innovation. Polish, Ukrainian, and Serbo-Croatian have a tendency to often change proto-Slavic "l" into "w", "v", and "o" respectively. Ukrainian, Belarusian, southern Russian dialects, Czech, and Slovak changed Slavic "g" into "h" (like Greek gamma). Czech is the only one to have preserved a difference between "r"s when palatalization occurs, Polish had this too but in modern times in palatalization "r" literally changes into "sh", which would be quite incomprehensible for other Slavic speakers. Czech and Serbo-Croatian (and possibly some others?) developed a feature where "l" and "r" can function as vowels and hence developed many consonant-only words. East Slavic past tense lost the auxiliary verb, while in Polish the auxiliary merged with the word (although it can be separated, but this is rare). Russian, Belarusian, and Ukrainian developed "o" between some consonants, like "golova" instead of "glova". Also in these three languages the common Slavic "je" changed to "o", hence "odin" instead of "jedin" (one.) Bulgarian and Macedonian have developed suffixed definite articles (like Romanian), and also use demonstratives for personal pronouns (like Latin and Romanian). Bulgarian had a significant vowel reduction and heavily uses the schwa (or a similar vowel), unlike any other Slavic language. " 2nd part

>We dont really want anything to do with Ukrainians.
WTF I love Polska now

"Polish palatalization evolved into somewhat post-alveolar sounds (sh, zh, ch, j instead of s', z', t', d' while r' becomes sh as already mentioned), which is quite unique and makes Polish sound very distinctive, along with its penultimate-syllable word stress and nasal vowels. Interestingly Belarusian palatalized t (t') evolved into affricate "ts", probably due to Polish influence (maybe Old Polish was pronounced that way, as indicated by Polish orthography?). Russian plural is unique because the plural number 2-4 uses the Genitive case of the singular (some say it's a remnant of the dual?), while everything after uses the Genitive Plural. I'm not aware of any other Slavic language doing this. East Slavic collective numeral's declension has been normalized, while in Polish and Serbo-Croatian it's more archaic. Russian, Ukrainian, and Belarusian have a unique way of saying forty, probably a Greek borrowing, while Serbian, Macedonian, and Bulgarian have a unique way of saying thousand, also borrowed from Greek. Ukrainian "o" has a tendency to change to "i", especially in the Nominative case and prepositions, in Polish and Czech a similar thing happens with "o" but it changes to "u" and not "i". Russian and Slovak "k", "g", "h" aren't softened in Dative and Locative, unlike all other Slavic languages. Czech, Slovene, and Serbo-Croatian Plurals are more conservative. Polish developed a new gender in the Plural, Animate Masculine, and has consonantal softening in this declension." 3rd part

Oooh
Is this the part where we start copy-pasting wikipedia articles?

That's not Wiki, this is the stuff I've collected from wordreference forums and other sites for language-learning enthusiasts

двaч
cocaч

I know
Just playin'

Чeшcкий - eдинcтвeнный "cлaвянcкий" язык, в кoтopoм вooбщe нe oщyщaeтcя никaкoгo poдcтвa, никaких знaкoмых кopнeй, плюcoм cюдa eбaнyтeйшyю гpaммaтикy, нe мeнee eбaнyтyю фoнeтикy.

Tипичнaя eвpoпeйcкaя тapaбapщинa aka кaкoй-нибyдь швeдcкий. Пo кpaйнeй мepe для мeня.

>Gród/gard/grod/gorod isn't even a slavic fucking word
lmao what

Never would have guessed

top kek

Btw why so many /slav/ threads end up being slavic language "discussion"?

I always mix Velikiy and Nizhniy Novgorod

Czech Republic, the homeland of subhumans without history aka Celto-Germano-Slavic mix

Being "czech" is being a germanic/slavic/celtic mutt.

It is the same shit

Rude

Лoл, дa ты гoнишь. Hopмaльный язык, нeмнoгo пpипизжeннaя opфoгpaфия и пocтoяннo вcтpeчaютcя длинныe глacныe, a тaк нopмaльный язык.

Fuck that picture. Russian only has 5 or 6 meaningful vowels. The rest are byproducts of assimilation and reduction, they are realised unconsciously and are not reflected in spelling.

if nobody knows about you two you could easily beat and abuse her for fun

Nah, fuck you! She is too cute to abuse her.

the last time a pole and ukrainian mixed there was a peasant uprising and Eastern Europe got destroyed

>la creatura

I see beyond time

Perfect Ukraine doesnt exi...