Spider-Man Clone Conspiracy Live Play

So Slott is talking about the Clone Conspiracy event

Dan Slott joked that he felt bad about making Peter Parker's life difficult, saying that from now on every story would be about Peter getting sandwiches.

16:04

Slott said that the divisive nature of clones in Spider-Man stories was like the "third rail" of Spider-Man. The "oh my God, what are you doing?" idea.

16:04

"We know that the word clone makes some Spider-Man fans freak out immediately," said Slott. "We're totally playing into that."

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/31050-marvel-s-next-big-thing-spider-man-the-clone-conspiracy-live.html
youtu.be/ljw8FMz17og
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

16:05

Lowe said it wasn't just the word "clone" that is dangerous - many of Slott's plot points took over two years to approve.

16:05

"Dan is a persistent, persistent man," joked Lowe.

16:06

Slott said groundwork for The Clone Conspiracy had been laid throughout his Spider-Man run, saying he felt that the Jackal should be a top-tier Spider-Man villain.

16:07

"This is the guy who was your creepy teacher in college, and now he's a villain, and that's terrible. On top of that, the first time you met the Jackal, he wasn't just cloning you, he was cloning your dead girlfriend. That's super creepy! That's great!"

16:09

Lowe and Slott have announced a back-up story drawn by Ron Frenz in the The Clone Conspiracy #1 that "shows a part of Spider-Man's history that has been hinted at but never seen before," focusing on Gwen Stacy.

16:09

"It's gonna be a hard hit," said Slott.

Slott said The Clone Conspiracy has some of the finest art of any story he's ever done.

16:10

You can see some of Cheung's arthere.

16:11

Slott said that during the crossover, The Clone Conspiracy would be the core Spider-Man title - the one that you must read to get the big moments.

16:12

The tie-ins, such as Prowler, Silk, and more will focus on the supporting cast and smaller beats. "The story just got too big for the container, so we blew up the container and made it something bigger."

You know, after Spider-Verse, there is no real story that Slott can do that could generate any hype.

Not even Spider-Wedding #2: Make Ben Alive?

16:13

Amazing Spider-Man will be co-written by Christos Gage during Dead No More, and will contain done in one stories that tease elements of the big reveals in The Clone Conspiracy.

He called Amazing Spider-Man #22 "one of the biggest gut punch stories they've done in years."

Lowe said that big returns such as Gwen Stacy and Dr. Octopus were just "the tip of the iceberg" in terms of twists and reveals.

16:18

Maddie Franklin, Jameson's adopted daughter, will return in Silk as part of The Clone Conspiracy.

16:17

J. Jonah Jameson is a big part of the tie-in issues of Silk, after Jackal ressurected Jameson's wife Marla.

16:17

You can find out more information about the upcoming Prowler series from our interview with writer Sean Ryanright here.

16:16

Prowler will also pick up threads tying into Mark Waid and Chris Samnee's Daredevil run.

16:15

Hobie Brown died in Amazing Spider-Man #17 and was cloned by The Jackal, becoming part of his plan.

16:15

Lowe said Prowler will play a big role in The Clone Conspiracy, as he's been a major supporting character since the current volume of Amazing Spider-Man launched.

16:14

Slott said if you loved Superior Spider-Man, you won't want to miss The Clone Conspiracy.

16:19

Slott refused to reveal Jackal's "endgame," saying "This isn't 'the Clone Obviousness,' this is 'The Clone Conspiracy.'"

Where the fuck is this happening?

>"We know that the word clone makes some Spider-Man fans freak out immediately," said Slott. "We're totally playing into that."

No, it makes them roll their eyes and become apathetic.

Just so I don't have to make a new thread, is there a required reading list for Spider-Man?

I've mostly just been picking up trades practically at random, just pawing through the books and buying what looks cool. What are some great titles I should keep my eyes out for? Any writers/artists that consistently put out good work?

16:20

"Jackal has kind of elevated himself. He's not thinking of it as cloning, and more as really bringing people back from the dead. That's why we see him wearing the Anubis helmet, the Egyptian God of life and death."

>Spider-Wedding #2

>Not Sins Past 2

>Where Peter bangs MJ's black daughter.

>Any writers/artists that consistently put out good work?

Avoid Slott like the plague he is.

Newsarama

newsarama.com/31050-marvel-s-next-big-thing-spider-man-the-clone-conspiracy-live.html

Are you getting these times from a video, or reading from the Bible of Slott?

16:21

Lowe said he can't wait for people to read Doc Ock's return in Amazing Spider-Man, but didn't want to spoil the details of how his consciousness escapes The Living Brain.

16:23

Lowe said the recap pages of The Clone Conspiracy will be very thin, as the first issue covers Spider-Man's history with clones in great detail. Slott said it would even include old school "editor's notes."

Honestly, just start by reading Ditko's ASM run. Even if Stan's dialogue was kinda shitty at times, they're great comics.

>that godtier Jim Cheung art

Its literally the only reason I'm going to buy this garbage.

Wasn't this all already done in the Ultimate books, Bendis needs to rehash the rehash? Are you fucking kidding me?

Those numbers are the times of when they were posted in the Newsarama liveblog, I'm just copypasting

The fact that this story won't acknowledge that Marvel has an actual Anubis who would likely be upset with Jackal's bullshit sucks.

16:24

Slott said that whereas people die in most Spider-Man stories, this one brings people back.

16:24

Lowe said the cast was large, going all the way back to the beginnings of Slott's Spider-Man run.

16:23

"We're not gonna hurt you with continuity, we're gonna hurt you with feels."

sounds like "the making miles morales more interesting conspiracy"

How about you just pirate that garbage instead of supporting bad comics, you cunt?

Who's padre. Rhodey or Prowler?

16:26

Lowe said Slott excels at dialing in on Spider-Man characters that haven't been in the books for years, saying he's able to portray them through a modern lens.

But there are rules, Cred Forums.

I already have the first 17 issues of Ditko's ASM collected in a trade and I love it. I've got my eyes peeled for the second "Epic Collection."

16:28

Slott said one of his favorite parts of working on Spider-Man is taking characters that weren't major players and putting new spins on them to make them more of a threat.

>"We're not gonna hurt you with continuity, we're gonna hurt you with feels."
I do not have a reaction image that adequately represents how far my eyes rolled back in their sockets.

>Slott said that whereas people die in most Spider-Man stories, this one brings people back.

And what? So they can kill them again to get back to """status quo"""?

>as he's been a major supporting character since the current volume of Amazing Spider-Man launched.

Uhh... he's only been in like 4 issues of the 17. How is that a major character?

16:29

Slott said the Jackal's actions would go beyond even those seen in Spider-Island, saying "anything could happen."

He pointed out that nearly every Spider-Man character is somebody's favorite.

Slott said one of his favorite parts of working on Spider-Man is taking characters that weren't major players and putting new spins on them to make them more of a threat.

16:30

Slott said he has a "crazy, threaded conspiracy theory wall" in his house to outline the story.

Gotta shill Prowler's upcoming solo.

>"shows a part of Spider-Man's history that has been hinted at but never seen before," focusing on Gwen Stacy.

Gwen fucked Miles Warren because she just couldn't possibly cuck Peter enough.

16:31

Slott has plans that have been brewing since he took over Amazing Spider-Man as the solo writer, dating all the way back to his "Big Time" arc.

You mean real Gwen fucked Miles Warren while Osborn actually fucked a clone

16:33

Slott talked about how Peter's goal that "no one dies" has changed and been altered since he took it on, and that he's grown as a person. "An adventure like this blows all that out of the water. If you can snap your fingers and bring someone back, what does that do to Peter Parker?"

16:33

Dan Slott joked that Shocker would be Spider-Man's "big bad" around the time Spider-Man: Homecoming was released.

16:34

Slott talked about working with Jim Cheung, saying he loses so much time staring at Cheung's artwork.

16:35

"He's one of the perfect Marvel artists," said Lowe, saying his work exemplified Marvel's gravitas and aspirational quality.

Because I like Jim Cheung and want him on more books.

16:35

Lowe compared Cheung to a modern version of Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, John Romita, and Mike Zeck in terms of era-defining artists.

Robbie Robertson

Literally the only important thing he has done in this run is get killed.

16:38

Slott was cagey about whether there were clones in Peter's life that the readers may not yet be aware of, saying slyly, "Mmmmmaaaayyyybeeeee..."

Bendis is also to blame for Identity Crisis and three Jokers.

16:40

Slott said suffering the loss of loved ones was "the most human thing of all," which is why Spider-Man is the perfect character to explore that.

16:39

Slott said Spider-Man's stories dealt with real world locations and issues like death since the character's creation. "Spider-Man is not some modern day God, he's someone you know. He's the guy next door...We can do crazy things to Peter, but he's always going to react the way people you know react."

>entire double page spread of Spider-Man snapping dozens of Gwen clones

16:40

Lowe said that The Clone Conspiracy was part of the larger Marvel narrative, but it won't be obvious whether the two events tie together til both are completed.

16:41

Slott said the opinions of supporting characters on bringing people back as clones would be revealed in the story.

And Secret Wars was six months in the making or whatever.
anub-arak-kinky.jpeg

>the real Gwen Stacy is alive and Warren programmed the Gwen clone to fuck all of Peter's friends and enemies

16:42

Lowe said the question of what's stopping Peter himself from embracing Jackal's resurrections is the core idea of the book.

16:43

Slott said Amazing Spider-Man #19 would also be a major gut punch story, anchored by Giuseppe Camuncoli's art.

16:44

Lowe praised Camuncoli's work ethic, saying his quality is always at the highest level even while hitting deadlines.

16:44

Lowe said Mark Bagley would be providing variant covers.

Read runs/writers
Read from ASM 1 starting with lee and ditko
Read through until Conways run
After that you can decide what you want to read in he 70s and 80s; little of it is terrible so it's your call.
Skip the 90s; just go straight to the JMS run

16:46

Lowe said that the change in title from Dead No More to The Clone Conspiracy was a misdirect to hide the involvement of Clones in the event. The announcement of "Dead No More" came before the man in red was revealed as The Jackal.

I just want to see a war between the Jackal and Osborn, is that too much to ask?

Don't fool yourself lowe , you would ram a whole christmas dinner in your asshole if it meant making slott happy

16:48

That's it for Marvel's Next Big Thing: THE CLONE CONSPIRACY live!

16:48

Slott wrapped up the call saying that if you're a Spider-Man, the story is a must read. Lowe reiterated that the core story would be in The Clone Conspiracy.

16:47

The full title, including "The Clone Conspiracy" was revealed after The Jackal's identity was revealed.

I get this reference.

OP, can you just post the fucking video?

>buy
You're cancer
Spend your money on a decent book please

It's not a video but Newsarama liveblog

Thanks! I have the first trade of Straczynski's ASM run and I it's great. It's the one that introduces Morlun.

>if you loved Superior Spider-Man, you won't want to miss The Clone Conspiracy.

Fuck I'm onboard if only for this

Based SpOck please save us from petershit

Poor Voodoo would flip if he appeared in Spidey's comic now.

Important doesn't usually = screen time, Robbie has been pretty important to Peter posing as Spider-Man while he does the Peter Stark thing. I think that's what Slott was trying to say

Oh what the fuck hobie is dead? Fuck you slott

Yw
The thing is that Spock was terrible under Slott, even though almost EVERY OTHER WRITER HANDLED THE CHARACTER BETTER
So
Yeah i have no desire to see Spock back unless Yost is writing it

Don't forget making Flash black

My favorite part of the early issues is Stan's Orwellian revision of the Dr. Doom fight. You can clearly see Pete getting shot out a FUCKING window, but in the dialogue he acts like he has the upper hand and is making a tactical retreat.

Normally I'd call a statement like this retarded, but man the 90's were not kind to Spider-Man. Some of Ben's comics were pretty good but that's about it.

Yeah, 90s Spider-Man wasn't 100% shit, but it was so close, you're probably better off avoiding it.

Especially Byrne/Mackie, holy shit.

No he doesn't. Not even a little bit. It's painfully obvious all of Slott' knowledge of those characters comes from wiki entries. He has no idea how they are supposed to act.

You're going to be waiting a while. The Epic Collection line isn't being printed in numerical order, as they are printing stuff that has never been printed before.

Just get the Masterwork trades or the omnibuses.

I literally can not think of one time he has actually done this. All he does is rehash old stories.

The alternate titles have many good stories too, peter david on spectacular was fantastic, and pretty much almost the whole tenure of peter in the black suit is worth reading, i include even when the suit was not a symbiote anymore and back in black

the next ASM Epic is actually the second one sequentially. judging by the x-men ones it seems like they're trying to get into a 2 release a year pattern, 1 going through in order and 1 (seemingly) randomly collecting other stuff.

For me byrne/mackie were 100% shit, such a bore and so much stupid shit, thank god JMS,jenkins (his last issues, the fuest part of his run was kinda bad) and peter david made it enjoyable aferwards

I meant first, not fuest

That would be neat, though. Isn't he a mob boss now after one shotting Punisher?

Yeah that was top Kek

Personally I always preferred that he was just gonna let Doom take flash and not give a fuck

Didn't read #17, huh?

Oh, I agree I just figure he wanted ASM.
personally; all the auxiliary books are great imo

Byrne and Mackie are trash on Spidey absolutely
Byrne created a cluster fuck that JMS undid, thank god
>we're separated
>she's dead
>apartment crashing
Meh

>Slott will never leave ASM

))))))):
Can we put a hit on him?

Real talk Cred Forums
WHO SHOULD REPLACE SLOTT ON ASM

My vote is for
Tom King, or
Yost, or
Ewing
Brubaker?

Waid or Yost.

Yost tho.

I like Bru, but nah

>waid
Meh
His BND issues were just "okay" and he doesn't understand Spider-sense either.

I really want someone to move Peter to a different space and evolve him as a character so that it makes sense for him and miles (and Miguel) to exist at the same time

>"We know that the word clone makes some Spider-Man fans freak out immediately," said Slott. "We're totally playing into that."

Seeing Slott as a writer immediately makes me freak out.
Or whatever it's called when you know something will be shit and can't do anything about it.
Sigh resignedly?

Zeb wells, peter david or roger stern

>[REEEEEEEEE INTERNALLY]

Wells would be good.

Half of Superior Foes of Spider-man is just shit Boomerang made up to spice the story up, so we don't know how much of it actually happened.

PAD is too old at this point. He and Waid just feel burnt out nowadays.

Spidey 2099 is still fun despite terrible art and a terrible costume, waid is absolutely past his prime tho

>Maddie Franklin

Jesus there's a name I haven't heard in years.
As does this post.

Man the era I grew up reading spider-man was...weird. Not Clone Saga infamous levels, but still weird.

>Jesus there's a name I haven't heard in years.
And for good reason. Outside of her time in Alias and Loners, she's a pretty terrible character.

Hey she was...okay she was part of some shit Spider-Man story arcs and she was really only there for John Byrne to indulge in his "Older man/Younger woman" fetish.

I mean any character is salvageable but I don't think things look good for Mattie.

Please, user
REEing requires energy, passion, and zeal.
Active hatred
Slott doesn't inspire active emotions, more like a passive disgust

That's why it's internal

I wish, It was the Eel at one point and I think it's Black Cat atm.

>he felt that the Jackal should be a top-tier Spider-Man villain.

Remember, the last villain he said this about was Doctor Octopus. Then he did Superior.

>Prowler will also pick up threads tying into Mark Waid and Chris Samnee's Daredevil run.
Anyone knows what this could be about? Literally the only thing I'm vaguely interested in except for Mattie

I like Cheung, but come on.

>I mean any character is salvageable but I don't think things look good for Mattie.
She's going to be part of a Slott story. If anything, she'll be in an even worse position than she was before Clone Conspiracy.

Some preview art.

Cheung is good, but he's not that good.

Wow, Dillon's got a nice rack.

Yes, I read that issue.

I never liked the gangly, scrawny Spider-Man look. I definitely prefer the muscular form of early JRJR or Rick Leonardi, even. Too many people give him a teenager's proportions, not a grown man's. It doesn't lend itself to the 'amazing' tagline.

I'm looking at you, Cho, Bagley, Maduera.

>I definitely prefer the muscular form of early
>JRJR

You have no idea who JRJR is, do you?

>"shows a part of Spider-Man's history that has been hinted at but never seen before,"
TROUBLE 2: SINS PAST #RELOAD

the mythical 'City on the Hill'?

Why would Peter be big or muscular?
He should be otter mode

And that's why sales are in the shitter

I'm wondering if you do. EARLY JRJR.

Because he's a gymnast. Have you ever seen a male gymnast? They're ripped. Peter's been Spider-Man since he was fifteen, he should be absolutely RIPPED.

other than what's been said
Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man
Marvel Knights: Spider-Man
Spider-Man: Blue
Spider-Man: Fever

for specific stories you wanna make sure you grab The Night Gwen Stacy Died, The Death of Jean deWolfe, Kraven's Last Hunt, Child Within, Death in the Family, Gauntlet & Grim Hunt, and If This Be My Destiny

>Avoid Slott
his Spider-Man & Human Torch mini was good. I'd argue that his ASM is worth reading up to the end of Spider-Island

> gymnast
Well
They're usually manlets; but Peter has superpowers
It's not really the same imo

Those are flukes

>no Back in Black
pfft

was it even storytimed?

Issue?

How's ASM right now and is Clone Saga 2 looking to be as bad as Spider-Verse?

slipped my mind

It's exactly the same. Peter is out and working constantly, always toning his body and keeping in shape. Muscle builds through breaking it down and Peter has definitely done that time and time again. There is absolutely no reason for him to still be as scrawny as he was when he was sixteen years old.

Spider-Man & Human Torch #3 or #4,

S'all good.

Man, I really wanted to see where that was gonna take Peter & MJ.

No idea. Someone could storytime it right now, though.

>How's ASM right now
Pretty terrible

>is Clone Saga 2 looking to be as bad as Spider-Verse?
Yes. It'll probably have even less payoff.

It was

Or you could just find and read it online

>How's ASM right now
not much has happened since Ted Cruz and the Zodiacs got thwarted. Mostly Civil War II stuff. Notable highlights are Miles getting embarrassed by Peter and Tony duking it out in public over who has the better business, Doc Ock being super jelly inside The Living Brain (and has been secretly running half of Parker Industries behind Peter's back), and Jackal showing up at the end of each issue bribing someone else to his side with a cloned dead loved one

Maybe Slott will grace us with a new OC character
A black Spider-woman clone who's always DTF with Peter and is better than him at fighting from having watching women's mixed martial arts tapes and is the clone holding together the rest of the clones through afro magic

I've already read it, though. Its extremely forgettable.

Spider-verse was a great concept with shit villains that only existed to kill people off.

The Clone Conspiracy is a shit concept with great villains that only exists to bring people back.

So, eh? I think this'll probably end up being better than spider-verse, but on the other end, will also have far less fanservice than spider-verse did.

>Maybe Slott will grace us with a new OC character
He did that pretty much immediately. In the first issue of Dead No More, he killed off Max Dillon and replaced him with a clone of some girlfriend we have never seen named Francine Frye.

>Slott said groundwork for The Clone Conspiracy had been laid throughout his Spider-Man run, saying he felt that the Jackal should be a top-tier Spider-Man villain.
Isn't this what he said about the bunch of worthless plot devices that were the Inheritors?

So are they bringing her back?

>I think this'll probably end up being better than spider-verse
user, its literally Clone Saga 2. Clone Saga 2... written by Slott. Its not going to be good.

>...and that's terrible
39.5 keks

>It's gonna be a hard hit
More like HARD SHIT

You don't actually read comics, do you? She's already back.

She was in the Dead No More prologue in the Captain America/Spider-Man Free Comic Book Day issue.

>wanting NTR slut back

It's Slott, which means it'll be exactly thathe and you'll figure it out before it's halfway done.

Probably something like Gwen is the actual puppet master or Spider Qwen only thinks she's from an alternate time.

one of the earlier issues or solicits showed that Jackal has about a dozen Gwen clones all active at once. I think it was the same one that showed the Uncle Ben clone

>he killed off Max Dillon
Oh no, Electro will now never be back again

Come to think of it, why did he want to be rid of his powers after risking his life to get them back?

>148R
>41P
>all the posts basically saying the same shit over and over again
Typical spiderfags

>more retarded Gwen backstory
Wasn't having her fuck Osborne enough?

I meant as in, part of the cast.

his powers were unstable and killing him, along with randomly killing people standing near him if he got too emotional

oh that? doubt it. Even if one of the Gwen clones survives I'm sure she'll go off to some other country under a fake identity to never be heard from again. Maybe Madripoor.

Sounds like he needs a stabilizing agent, not a complete removal

Hopefully they'll have Peter ask, "Bitch the fuck were you thinking?"

But Osborn was the one who hired Jackal to do all that shit for the Clone Saga in the first place.

Bagley's gone full-on Spider-Boy. It's like he can't get out of Ultimate Spider-Man. Also, compare the musculature from to .

Byrne created Mattie Franklin in for no fucking reason other than his fetish, at least Claremont kept the age gaps relatively small for his fetish shit.
I want Kelly on the ASM line or maybe after Deadpool's life is back in ruins Duggan and he needs Posehn on it too.

> "We're totally playing into that."
Marvel making their fans as fucking mad as possible for sales as usual

Damn misnamed file. That's Bob Hall, actually. This is JRJR.

I just prefer a more muscular, less wimpy/lithe/pubescent Spider-Man. When

Oh boy, can't wait for a bigger disappointment than Spiderverse.

I thought Mattie was dead anyway? You know, Grim Hunt bullshit and all?

>Spidey will never be properly buff for a man of his strength
>He will remain an ottermode dyel for as long as he's alive, despite the inadequacy of drawing a grown man with the body of a 15yo think
>Muh proportionate strength of a spider

That's mostly JRJR emulating his father's style. It's when the Clone Saga that he started getting lazier with his sketchier lines and shading.

REplaced with a female like all Marvel characters.

He's been drawn more buff, it just varies from artist to artist, at least if they're not going by House Style.

There's something awfully comfy about the way rain looks in silver age comics.

...so you like when he was just aping JRsr's style, before he found his own?

>I thought Mattie was dead anyway?
She was. Best thing that ever happened to the character.

It's not a bad thing in the slightest. I prefer JRJR's emulation of his father over his father and his own style.
Damn straight.

If he brings back Ben, I MIGHT forgive him for a few things. But most likely they'll just bring him back only to horribly kill him in the same issue. :(

Not him but read the fucking reply chain.

He did it in fucking Spiderverse, what makes you think he won't pull the same fucking shit again? I hope this kills sales so they drop to 40k so they finally fucking pull the plug on his run. Fuck Slott and all the allowances Marvel gave him because he "sold" well.

I prefer it when Spidey is looks like a grown, muscular man and not a teenage boy. JRJR 'aping' his father has nothing to do with it. It's about not making Spider-Man look spindly and weak.

That's more research than Bendis does at least.

Don't forget Slott's love of the Silver Age means we get fucking ancient and stupid catchphrases that were never said even back fucking then. At least Kelly was more accurate with his dialogue when he did the Deadpool time travel arch and actually used the old dialogue and just made fun of it.

They did a piss poor job of it since as soon as the guy in the red suit showed up people knew exactly what was going on.

The fucker was wearing an Anubis mask. Who the hell couldn't figure out he was fucking the Jackal?

Yost or Kelly

She was the tattooed/pierced chick he killed at the beginning of the previous volume when his powers went out of control.

There are still theories floating about that the current Osbourne is actually a clone that merely thinks it's the real one.
It'll never happen but it would be so hype if it was true and it started a war between them.

>that merely thinks it's the real one
that's a bit redundant when Jackal's clones are all valid instances of the cloned individual, right down to memories and mannerisms.

Modern Deadpool doesn't count because it's not based on past stories. Also most of that dialogue can be found today. Also it says so in the narration box that it's located during the Bronze Age.

Mostly. I can never recall if he has any failsafes built in. If Osbourne were to get angry it would be due to being unknowingly manipulated to do Jackal's bidding

Isn't Miles selling more than Asm now?

total shame the X-fags never got this. They actually want that era to make a comeback

Technically, it's literally Clone Saga 3. What is commonly referred to as The Clone Saga is actually Clone Saga 2.

I don't understand why people don't like rich and successful Peter. It's what I've always wanted for him. I just wish it wasn't eventually going to end. Why can't he just be financially secure and happy and liked.

>only 4
Oh come on. Even if you count Jackal among them, there still should have been at least one more so you could pull a Sinister Six riff.

The problem is for most X-Men faggots, this was the time they got their biggest focus and push. Even if those stories pale in comparison to what Claremont ever did. Also the cartoon series helped boost interest in the series since it adapted their plots better than the comics did, same with how 90s Spider-Man was better at adapting some of the more shitty Spider-Man stories.

>Slott said if you loved Superior Spider-Man, you won't want to miss The Clone Conspiracy.
I guess I'I'll just have to keep waiting for Slott to die of a heart attack before Spider-Man becomes readable again.

because he got handed the company rather than create it himself, and he really isn't very responsible when it comes to keeping the thing afloat. If he was actually being written as older and wiser there'd be no complaints, but he still acts like a teenager

See while Yost was a better writer, he wasn't actually writing Spock the way he was pitched. Remember Slott has said multiple times that it's not a villain redemption story it is a villain wins story.
That also got expanded from 6 to 12 to 24 issues.

Alternate universe.

So we can ALL AGREE that Jackal is a Peter Clone?

>Jackal can just clone people back to life

>Peter stops holding back and just murders every clone by going all out instantly

>Villain charges up some attack
>Before they can even point in his direction Peter has already broken their neck
>Peter beats Lizard and tells him not to forget that he ate his family

It will never (and would also be wildly OOC) but damn I'd get the biggest boner

So his first 50 issues were flukes?

Do you have a copy of that FCD issue. I'm not American so our FCD issues are ultra limited.

So what you're saying is that, as usual, someone else managed to take Slott's idea and do better with it.

The other user was confused. is referring to the original Deadpool time travel story.

SpOck just being Ock with Peter's memories was a mistake. It would have been a much more compelling story if the mind meld resulted in a true gestalt entity neither Peter nor Otto that had to decide for himself whose methods would work best in each situation

It's weird being quoted twice for two different posts.

>Slott said if you loved Superior Spider-Man, you won't want to miss The Clone Conspiracy.

youtu.be/ljw8FMz17og

NOT AGAIN. NOT FUCKING AGAIN!

Oh, sorry. Didn't realize. Hah.

How I missed this song.

Sure seems like it.

Because with the holding pattern since OMD, you just know they'll come up with some dumb excuse to get rid of it.

theyre gonna give us a deadpool with spock being in petes brain. i fucking know it. and theyll be able to hotswap and shit

>Superior Spider-Man 2: Jackal Edition

GET FUCKEN HYPE

Who in comics would you say fall into the category of " if a writer ever brings them back legit, then the comic is dead, you just ruined it" for different reasons
>uncle Ben
>Gwen Stacy
>Jean grey

Gwen basically only means 90% of what she means since she's dead. They've angelized her in the writers minds, since she died. The worst example of this is one what if story where Peter who had been married to my for twenty years basically said only Gwen ever meant anything to him and he only lived her and would die with her gladly. Even Stan Lee admits she wasn't really an interesting character. Yet because she died she means a super lot to peter, writers play it up, and sometimes they play it up way too far and fellate the situation.

Writers barely skirt around legit bringing them back by using alternate or younger versions of them.

Jason Tod-

Oh wait.

I'm surprised Frenz is willing to work on anything that involves Slott after Spider-Verse.

>his ASM is worth reading up to the end of Spider-Island
No, it isn't. It's boring mediocre shit.

That was Electro. Hobie died and was immediately cloned on the next page.

They'll just assume you're buying it for Slott.

He says it's a joke, but I bet Shocker does star in a story around the time of Homecoming's release.

You should go read ASM 33-121 before you jump to conclusions. She's doesn't mean so much to him because she died.

I liked avengers initiative, his she hulk and mighty avengers run. Slott is like any writer where has good stuff and bad.

I mean look at Hickman, everyone here loves his FF, ultimates, secret warriors and SHIELD but hated his avengers and new avengers run.

>everyone here loves his FF
I don't. I don't even understand what's the appeal.

I won't lie. I'd legit buy a well written Ben Reilly monthly, no questions asked. Problem is, this is Slott. We all know how this works, so the question is less do I want Ben back, and more do I trust current Marvel with my favorite Spider-man?

Nope, but he's selling more than all others bar Spider-man/deadpool

If Ben came back would Slott write it though?
Give me Ben and Kaine in a brothers book
Written by yost

New Jackal is Norman Osborne. Calling it now.

Still won't matter. Bitch is never catching up with 30 years worth of Peter and MJ (newspapers, RYV)

>skip the 90s

Forget you buddy, the clone saga ties into Spider-Girl, aka the real ending to the story. I like JMS, but I'd rather forget the worst of his run too.

Never said she would, no need to get defensive, MJfag.

I want Peter to beat the shit out of her for fucking Osborn.

Where did this rumor spawn?
It definitely sounds like a cool way for Jackal to fuck with Peter, but is there anything to back it up?

They already did that, though. Remember the Superior/Scarlet Spider crossover?

Spidercide 2.0 HYPE!

Watch, Ben Reilly is the new Jackal. That's going to be the big 'twist' at the end.

I'd buy THAT for a dollar!

By looking at the fucking pages he is in. It's clearly a younger guy under the mask. And Miles Warren always seems to clone himself at his elderly age (who knows why). And it's totally something Slott would do to 'shock' readers.

Didn't Morrison at one point say he wanted to do a Spider-Man book?

Not only that, the clone will be Jack

Same here but I guess money talks and no one is messing with Mayday this time around.

Morrison will never work at marvel again

Also he doesn't want to write ongoings anymore

Waid just needs to stop trying to write Hip Teens and put his twitter feed in comics.

I dunno how to feel about this.

On one hand, it's kind of a cool idea. The Jackal does make for a neat villain and there's nothing more irresponsible than raising the dead for kicks and cheap power grabs.

On the other hand Slott's stuff has been more miss than hit lately and he's asking for a lot of credit here.

>and there's nothing more irresponsible than raising the dead for kicks and cheap power grabs.

He's not, though. He's cloning the dead. He's (and by he, I mean Slott) is just being obnoxiously pretentious about terminology.

>On the other hand Slott's stuff has been more miss than hit lately

I cannot even think of one hit thing he's done in the past five or so years.

I mean yeah, but that's what he's selling his victims. "Here's your loved one back, memories and all! Same thing! Totally the same."

Until they degenerate and melt from not taking their daily meds.