Telltale Batman: Episode 2

New trailer for Episode 2: Children of Arkham.

youtube.com/watch?v=XLCR0OMgZaU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YwUil4kWuJ0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope they fix the frame rate issues in teh consoles.

Love the Penguin mask

Was that Amygdala?

Are these real video games? Do you actually play them?

Okay guys, who here brutalized and who here arrested. Also, Vicky or Jim?

So were they able to patch this shit or what?

I was able to play The Walking Dead, Wolf among us, GoT, etc no problem and this is the only one that seems to not work!

What color of Bat-tech did you choose?

Does it still run like shit?

Who was gray guy and masked guy (not Penguin)?

Are there issues on PC? I heard things but wanted confirmation before I bother buying it.

Seen some LPs and they seem to run fine.

Cool then, I guess I'll try it out.

Arrested and Vicky.

Purple of course. Its god tier.

youtube.com/watch?v=YwUil4kWuJ0

This looks so bad

Blockbuster

I mean they've stepped up the graphics a little but the movement is still so shitty and robotic. Why are telltale so bad at subtle animation?

they don't waste millions on mocapping

So are we only going to get young, skinny Penguin now because he's the only thing that people like from Gotham?

Arrested and Jim.

The lack of supervillains in the trailer is distressing.

Did you miss Penguin, Big Guy, and Other Mask Guy?

Also, episode three will deal with super villain escalation.

I meant interesting supervillains, not guys in suits.

Yeah I don't get it. It's a "game" but... I don't ever see any gameplay footage. I see a bunch of hype for it but I've never heard people actually playing it.

Can someone explain it to me? As someone with no experience with "Telltale" """Games"""?

I seriously thought it was a tabletop game for awhile.

It's Year One mate, there weren't super villains running around. I personally think it's refreshing

It's a virtual choose your own adventure book. I actually love all the games because its a fresh take on what videogames are. They don't all just have to be action set pieces. They focus much more on character interaction and the story.

Arrested and Jim

ThisThe reason a lot of autist on Cred Forums hate on it is because they can't understand emotions which the Telltale games rely heavily on. If you are on the autism spectrum they probably aren't for you.

They're also all the same.

That's an extremely retarded thing to say considering they all have completely different plots. If you are referring to the fact that your choices "don't matter" again its about the character interactions and bonds you form not about your choices changing the story.

So there is no actual game play? It's more like you choose dialog options and stuff like that?

>I actually love all the games because its a fresh take on what videogames are.

Nothing wrong with that. There is a game called the Novelist like that, you should check out if you're into this sort of thing.

Will Cred Forums shut the fuck up with "autism" spam? I'm seriously fucking shit of this shit. No other board spams the word "autism" more than fucking Cred Forums. It's started this summer and every time anyone has an opinion that's just different than their own they just spam "AUTISM AUTISM AUTISM!"

>I don't like XYZ

>Cred Forums: It's because AUSTISM YOU AUSTIMO!

>I like XYZ

>Cred Forums ONLY BECAUSE AUTISM! RIGHT GUYS!? AUTIIISSSMM!!

And I understand emotions completely, most people do. Maybe that's just not why they prefer to play a game, when it feels more like a movie or show to them. Gamers like to interact with the game. It get's boring when you're just shifting through cinematics and dialogue, I mean it's interesting from a viewers perspective but not from a players perspective.

Does Cred Forums even know what the textbook definition of autism is?

That's supposed to be a penguin?

Probably not. "Autism" = "Having opinions that aren't my opinions" to the vast majority of Cred Forums and Cred Forums.

That guy obviously doesn't because autism is textbook not understanding or being able to relate to human interactions or emotions.

Joker, Two-Face and Penguin are guys in suits. Yet they are considered interesting supervillains.

Blockbuster's there.

Arrested

Jim, Vicky can go fuck herself

More of a chose your own adventure story. If you not interested in a cgi movie then don't waste your time.

Never played a Telltale game before this first episode and i was really pleasantly surprised. It's a fresh take on The Dark Knight, compared to the Arkham games. Pretty sweet to play mostly as Bruce Wayne and have to make personal and political decisions. The action gameplay is better than I expected too. I know I sound like a shill, bc unironically enjoying things is passé but i find myself really stoked for the next episode.

Red

Brutalized, Jim

It's sort of interesting so far. Kind of a rival family dynamic to Waynes.

>being this autistic

Who /tryingtohitselina/ here?

Well I did. Could I not?

i mean like smash, cuck harvey

no its a storybook. video games would have choices, at least mild deviations, like in mass effect were you could have your own flavor until you are forced back into them main plot. Here nothing matters, you can't fail and if you don't pick any answers the game mostly keeps going on its own. only difference is what tone of voice the other part will speak in
I brutalized. picked Vicky because she is hungry for the batdick and more likely to spin my bad actions into good while jim says that he can't be bought,etc,etc.incompetent fuck can never get anything done without me so im not going to take his high horse shit

>It's sort of interesting so far. Kind of a rival family dynamic to Waynes.
it will most likely turn out to be misinformation/misunderstanding
Im lukewarm, the conversation in the cafe was a big turn off

It's like a 3D visual novel

just watch a let's play
screenshot it and post it if you want an answer

> visual novel

It's a damn adventure game, not a visual novel.

Except for the fact they did advertise them early on as your choices mattering. And their whole Telltale community thing emphasizing the choices you make as if they have consequences. And then Until Dawn came out and showed what people were actually expecting out of a Telltale game but didn't get in the last five Telltale games.

I love Telltale, I really do and I'm glad they've been successful after an unprofitable but artistically rewarding beginning. But they really need to get their shit together. They haven't made a real videogame since Back to the Future and they haven't made a GOOD game since the last Monkey Island.

>Most people let Harvey into the meeting

Fucking why? You wanted that weeney to whine about whatever you did to Falcone?

true but unfortunately character interactions are limited and lack range. it does not take long to see the artifice and betaken out of the story or even get some bizarre reaction from characters that may as well be a glitching Dino

>There is a game called the Novelist
There is a whole sub genre of interactive Japanese novels

It has tiny fragments of an adventure game left in there from their Sam and Max titles. You walk around four times a chapter and click on a few things before initiating conversations that make up most of the gameplay. Occasionally you pick up an item, half of which do nothing in the entire game.

>Will Cred Forums shut the fuck up with "autism" spam? I'm seriously fucking shit of this shit. No other board spams the word "autism" more than fucking Cred Forums. It's started this summer and every time anyone has an opinion that's just different than their own they just spam "AUTISM AUTISM AUTISM!"
It happened last summer and all of last year and far beyond that. Not sure how you're seeing it as if it was some sudden burst when the over usage has been consistent for a while. Sure it's annoying but not that new.

adventure game is a buzzword these days. like blanket word for every game. mostly because point and click stuff is very niche. + there is very little of that here

Like visual novels aren't even very more niche.

Huh, i guess you make a good point.

I tried to play it about even w/ him, some concessions but some effusive support.

Except that person was actually using it correctly cause he was saying that most of the hate comes crom the fact that people on Cred Forums can't relate or connect to the social or emotional interactions and thats what the games are based around. You are suppose to feel like shit if you ripped Grindle's arm off and you are suppose to feel for Lee when you have to make the hard choice and shoot him as Clementine or feel guilty if you couldnt and left him to shamble around as a zombie.

Adventure games had puzzles, and I mean actual ones not the busywork they have in these telltale ones

it was same with life is strange (which had its own problems) Telltale lacks the budget and the skill but got by on the emotional pull of the first walking dead and wolfs charisma/ optional brutality for wolf among us(and how you could feel bad for characters you were to mean too, because they are down on their luck) in most of their other games Im itching for an option to kill most of the cast and ride of with the cool people

depends on the country and how niche it is has nothing to do with anything. most games get the tag of action adventure game by simply existing

shut up and talk about the game

DIGITS

autistic as fuck

I don't mind "movie" games, but i heard Telltale games literally can't be considered games, as your choices don't matter.

No and this

Specifically is what I'm talking about. There is no argument as to why something is autistic, it's just a shitposting insistence that is is because these people have nothing better to do their fat, miserable pathetic selves than to try and piss me off.

They contribute nothing to discussion and will pull this bullshit for literal hours of their lives, trying to waste time getting (you)s from their "U AM AUTISM!" points.

>inb4 8 replies of this exact shit like a toddler spamming the same button over and over.

It happens every fucking day in every fucking thread on this board.

>Telltale games
>gameplay
I'm fucking tired of Telltale "games". They always cram those shitty QTEs that offer no challenge whatsoever, the graphics are shit for a game that does so little, your choices never make a difference outside of the most banal and superficial shit, and the quality of writing hasn't been all that good since Season 1 of TWD.

Telltale hasn't made an adventure game since TWD, and even then they basically stopped trying with anything resembling gameplay like puzzles halfway through.

I was expecting them to make Oswald into Penguin in name only, so I'm glad we're getting him.

Blockbuster looks neat.

I wonder if other mystery guy is Scarecrow or Anarky?

I kept him the fuck out of it. Guy is running for office, doesnt need to be seen with Falcone

So Im guessing Oswald was called Penguin in the early days because of this incident and the name only stuck once he started wearing suits? Also what happens when you give the evidence to Vicky? Seemed like a dumb idea

Looks boring.

> Penguin is skinny
> Penguin is British
So they took this bullshit from both the Arkham games and Gotham show and put it into one shitty new version of Penguin? Meh. I hope it's not him.

It's him.

His name is Oswald, its him user. My guess is he gets fat after building his criminal empire. My biggest gripe is how tall he is

"Hi Bruce" master race reporting.

>There is a whole sub genre of interactive Japanese novels
Ya don't say!

"My wine is worth more than all of you" reporting.

>how tall he is
that and him and Bruce being childhood friends

Rich people tend to mingle in the same circles so its not that far of a stretch. But there should be a consider age difference no?

I can't wait to cuck Harvey

Blue, duh.

Yeah there should. Also the Cobblepots hate the Waynes

Its been a gag in a few things that Penguin puts on an accent. There was a line in Arkham City about it.

Is the Joker already established in this universe?

you honestly expect ttg to fix their shit?

What engine is this game using? Isn't this game on a new engine?

year two actually

I think he might secretly hate Bruce. He seems envious.

Purple, and CHECKED

Nope.

Case in point

It's sad that their best games was about zombies comics which didn't go anywhere, and video games which barely had any plot to start.

I love TTG "games" for their stories. But let's not pretend they are actually games at all. It's not even really a choose your own adventure scenario since the end result in TT games is usually the same minus one or two minor background or aesthetic things that the average person probably isn't going to notice until their 3rd or 4th play through.

This is why I tend just to just watch LPs of them. They would be above average licensed films if they were just released that way instead of as minimally interactive games.

Brutalized Vicki and arrested Jim

You. Stop being so retarded.

I went with arresting and Vicki. I'd have given to Jim if this wasn't Year 1 Jim with little to no authority
Red. It doesn't kill your night vision. Also good for spooking the superstitious cowards.
There's QTEs. Which I don't mind as long as they're not out of nowhere. They're not bad when you're expecting them, I don't really understand the hate for them.