Where do i start with this ugly son of a bitch ?

Where do i start with this ugly son of a bitch ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4ZYVDrD75NU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ot0nzefCxOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Everything of his is gold. The volume just before the nu52 is a decent starting place though.

There has never been a bad Jonah Hex comic.

>Jonah Sex

Jonah Hex has never appeared in a bad comic. His own series or someone else's.

Why isn't he more popular then ? He's a D-list character at best. I don't mean to come off as presumptuous, i'm genuinely wondering.

Because moving him forward in time ruins him, and it's hard to do new stuff in westerns without it being shit.

Literally 90% of everything he's been in. The original Silver Age stuff, the Vertigo series, Palmiotti and Gray's run, etc.

Nobody likes Westerns anymore.

Man, fuck everyone involved with that movie. That and the Lone Ranger movies were such bs. We could've gotten two legitimately great western films that simply use the "superhero" angle as a loose narrative, but instead everyone needs fucking superpowers, everything needs to have quippy fun humor, and everything needs to be magic.

If you want modern stuff, volume 2 by Palmiotti and Gray is your best bet.
The DC Showcase volumes are also great, though a fair bit dated.

Wow Cred Forums actually agreeing on something?!

But yeah no such thing as a bad Jonah Hex run. The closest more storyline that he got was in Batman Brave and the Bold. And he became a space cowboy with one of the Furies of Apokolips.

Just watch Bone Tomahawk. Best Jonah Hex movie that doesn't star Hex.

really the only places he hasn't really been is space, places like hell, and backwards in time.

>Jonah Hex and late 1800's GL in space
>Jonah Hex shooting the shit outta dinosaurs
>Jonah Hex and Etrigan adventure

Because he's a cowboy and not wearing tights and a cape.

The Punisher doesn't wear any spandex and he's popular.

I really liked All Star Western.

Jonah Hex was awesome in that show. He intimidated fucking Mongul of all people.

He did for a very long time.

I miss the original Franksuit.

That wasn't even consistent. Some of the old comics used the t-shirt and pants look.

You can only do so much with Hex's character.
Even in his futuristic adventures, he comes off as very human- no superpowers or magic.

>ugly
Nigga he's still a solid 8/10 even with the facial scars.

How'd you rank the fixed-face Hex then?

Clint Eastwood/10

>Best Jonah Hex movie that doesn't star Hex.
This was supposed to have been inspired by Hex,

Well, Hex and Zatoichi.
youtu.be/4ZYVDrD75NU

>We will never get adventures with Hex and Tallulah on the high seas fighting pirates, sea monsters and Atlantian's

Make it happen DC!

Literally start from his first appearance in All Star Western (The 70's run) even that story is solid gold

So what you're saying is we should have the IDW Godzilla comics with Hex?

I could see Kumonga teaming up with Hex

Is that McCree from Undertale?

Close!
youtube.com/watch?v=Ot0nzefCxOI

Easiest would be N52 run since so recent.
To start at the VERY beginning I think the trade is called Welcome To Paradise

I remember!her being happy that Jonah didn't wanna go back to fucked up face.

Usually a big physical change like that is somehow retconned to go back to status quo (I'm lookin at your that one TwoFace story with the twins)

I liked how they use it to "change" the original end of Hex

His runs in Vertigo were good too.

Hey someone else remembers that story from Black and White, high 5 user!

Elaborate.

Watch his DC Showcase shortfilm on Vimeo!
It's phennomenal!

Happens in the last arc of All-Star Western. In a nutshell: while Hex was away, an outlaw scarred his own face and went around forming a gang, robbing and shooting people and saying he was Jonah Hex. When Hex returned, he and Tallulah tracked him down and killed him, but did so under a false name (George Barrow, of course). That way, "Jonah Hex" was declared dead and Jonah and Tallulah got to live their life in peace. And to cap things off, LB Farnham kept the dead outlaw's body believing it to be Hex's, and that's the corpse that got mounted and stuffed.

Yeah, like it's impossible to have adventures in the future without supoerpowers.

He cameoed in one of the N52 Harley Quinn issues, but I think it was a dream sequence so it doesn't count

Mastodon did the soundtrack thats a plus in my book

They did a fucking awful job. Interviews had them comparing themselves to Pink Floyd. Whose fucking idea was getting a metal band to do a score to a Western?

I love 90s trailers.

Why hasn't Jonah Hex ever encounter the western Vigilante??

He does in the DCAU comics.

Underrated run

Has any Hex run been big enough or sell well enough to be anything besides underrated?

Some fans hate that run. From dc in the 80s. Hex lasted 18 issues from 1985 to 1987 and was cancelled because sales were too low. I think the main problem with the series was that it outraged a lot of the die-hard Jonah Hex fans who felt that moving him out of the old West and into the far future was basically sacrilege. I suspect Jonah being sent to 2050 AD was a last ditch attempt by Fleisher to keep the book alive - Jonah Hex v1 #92 ended hastily with a lot of dangling plot lines left unresolved (the new Hex series was previewed in Jonah Hex #89).

Well in btbatb he did go to warworld, that's gotta count for something

I like it as well, too bad the current Punisher crowd considers the old stuff "the bad old days." I'm not saying they were great, but some were solid action yarns.

80s/90s Punisher was a lot of fun, even if it didn't have the depth that more recent runs have.