September 24 - 8:30 PM ET

>Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY

>/swco/ Dubs: Son of Dathomir #1
youtube.com/watch?v=vqkHTHPz5x0

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

starwarsunderworld.com/2016/09/michael-giacchino-replaces-alexandre.html
youtube.com/watch?v=hN74bOubUug
youtu.be/Aoguj-h6qY4
youtube.com/watch?v=C3GfYA6c6aM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Traviss#Bibliography
youtube.com/watch?v=yrIEW7woFFo
youtu.be/AxGTSP2tGXE
youtube.com/watch?v=MjoKj5OhuA8
youtube.com/watch?v=uXFh5rNaDUk
youtube.com/user/BrotherhoodWorkshop/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=eRtNR_1fMv4
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/52lgjr/why_the_death_star_works_and_starkiller_base_does/
tehparadox.com/forum/f86/star-wars-rebels-[season-one]-12880137/
starwars.com/news/adventure-and-excitement-jason-aaron-kicks-off-an-untold-yoda-tale-in-marvels-star-wars-26-exclusive-interview
youtube.com/watch?v=GvT2F1j-SvA
youtube.com/watch?v=KWSsjhHA0IM
starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/09/star-wars-weekly-buzz-billy-dee-williams-wants-star-wars-to-leave-lando-alone-and-more.html
mega.nz/#!ptUUxZYa!u1CKZtTnng1W3xh5Ar5B8uM_RYQKSwGRmUycGaIy26o
youtube.com/watch?v=65a0D9noIN0
youtube.com/watch?v=TcAp9ryNlRw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Help me I'm feeling

Geez I like Giacchino more than Desplat but talk about a last minute replacement. This films production feels a bit all over the place even if it turns out to be okay :s

starwarsunderworld.com/2016/09/michael-giacchino-replaces-alexandre.html

Please Dark Lord Filoni, I'll do whatever you ask. Just don't take her from me.

>not 'We're going to die'

delet

Sure user, just trust me

Take a few feels user.
youtube.com/watch?v=hN74bOubUug

I'm sorry user Jabba already fed her to the rancor

>Casuals say Star Wars is poorly written, even poorly acted
That may be so, but the pottery damn well makes up for it

Remember the time based Thane was so based he flew an ARC?

I liked Giacchino more than Desplat too, but holy shit that it's a late change.

Scoring a film in 90 days is a fucking nightmare. That's twice as true if it's Star Wars.

Sure, Disney/Lucasfilm may have assuaged some of the rumors around Rogue One a few months ago, but the production seems like a damn mess. The first Anthology Film and TFA having a shitty soundtrack is disappointing.

>this isn't canon

Irs been done before, sometimes in even less time.

Not sure if Giacchino is up to the task though.

Damn Guiness' acting was great, especially considering how little of the story he then knew.

Oh I know it's been done in way less time, that's the nature of the industry. That doesn't make it right for composers.

They're both capable, but I wouldn't have picked Giacchino or Despat, honestly. I Giacchino can do it, he's practically lived in half of Disney's house anyway with Pixar, and his Trek scores nice, (but extraordinarily repetitive).

To me, those two are just the choices you pick if you want to "get the job done".

>To me, those two are just the choices you pick if you want to "get the job done".

But Edwards clearly brought in Desplat himself, they worked on Godzilla together.

Giacchino is John Williams replacement, it's been like that for a while.

I'm not saying any of these men are bad composers, just that they wouldn't be my first choice.

That's always been true. He's JW lite, but we'll see what he will bring to Rogue One.

Desplat is inhuman and scores multiple films every year. I personally am not interested in any of his previous work that I've listened to.

Yeah, we're probably not going to get the full story for a while but even if it's not "40% OF THE MOVIE IS BEING REDONE" or "MY DAD WORKS AT DISNEY STORE HE SAID THEY'RE MAKING IT LIGHTER AND FUNNIER " it still sounds like there's a lot of confusion and second-guessing going on here.

What would you want to see in the next cgi cartoon series when Rebels ends? I really want to see the era right after Return of the Jedi. Rebels probably won't end until after the sequel trilogy does so they won't have to keep any secrets about that era. Mark Hamill could even voice a character.

I want to add that Giacchino is a safe choice. I may not like Desplat's work, but I do think he's the better choice, even if I prefer a different sound. I may like someone a bit better based on their previous work, but that doesn't mean they're the right choice.

Again this is indicative of the production woes this project has.

Luke's Jedi academy. Culminating in the Ren Knights going 66.

I could go for more post-RotJ content myself. Something to wash away some of the aftermath aftertaste, even if all we end up getting out of it is an animated Uprising

Three options.
1. Luke's adventures right after ROTJ leading up to TFA
2. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's journeys together with a focus on Qui-Gon and his views and beliefs
3. Old Republic Era. Maybe do Revan or the Mandalorian Wars since we know Filoni is a huge fan of KOTOR.

I'm really hopefully next Rebels season will explore more of the Force but man I really want to see my Jedi vs. Sith stuff. I love that shit.

>Before the dark times
>Before the Empire
>That distant look
It's these little things man

If you could change one thing in the canon, what would you change, /swco/?

Is that Incase?
That looks like Incase?
God damn it, It's Incase, ain't it?

The Knights of Ren name. I fucking hate it. I don't know why, I guess because I feel like it's too long? If this is going to be the new dark side organization going forward I wish they had stuck with a four letter name like Jedi and Sith.

Also the Darth title. I fucking love it. I want a Darth Insanius. Sue me.

Luke's new jedi order survives and is a growing force for good in the galaxy.

-TFA
+George's original treatment

But actually Morriban back to Korriban

Gray Jedi can never exist
There is no neutral side to the force, for it is neutral simply by being

Gray Jedi don't exist though.

Make Boba an actual threat.

Since certain people clearly insist that mustn't happen, I guess I'll settle for recanonizing Crix Nadeen's defection.

Because its so obviously meant to be "Not-Sith."

They shouldn't have even given Kylo Ren and Snoke a bunch of fuckbois that we never see.

I am very interested in seeing what Bendu is going to be all about. I am fairly confident he will be quite different from what people call Gray Jedi.

>No big ass lightsaber fights
Fucking Abrams. Also we're probably never going to get any good big ass space fights with tons of capital ships since Abrams blew up the fucking fleet and we're back to ten X-wings vs fucking everything.

I really hope they're not ALL dead. It would make for a neat twist. But it's probably not happening.
Well, Morriban and Korriban are both technically canon names. They just changed over time.

Gray Jedi aren't a thing in canon

Gray Jedi don't exist. This is why Ahsoka isn't a Jedi.

Jedi represent the neutrality of the Force. They are the balance (or at lest, they believe they are. The Bendu is supposedly the real balance). If you don't follow the strict code of the Jedi, then you aren't one.

Haven't you heard, user? Space battles are boring.

Make the New Republic actually competent in ruling and defending their territory.

The name is Moraband.

I thought Gray Jedi were just those who didn't follow the current Jedi establishment, but were still pretty much part of the light?

After reading Bloodline, I don't think the New Republic ever had a chance. They repeated all the mistakes that led to the Empire.

I'm hyped. I like that they're bringing in an outsider's perspective on the light and dark sides. Reminds me of Mortis.
I'm so ficking mad. Yeah the prequels had problems but the space fights were fucking awesome. I want that shit back god damnit. Fuck repeating the small force of good guys with shit ships vs the Empires fuck load of ships plot the OT did.

FUCK YOU DICE YOU FUCKING PRICKS

YOU TOLD ME SPACE WAS BORING, AND SOLD ME A BATTLEFRONT GAME WITH NO SPACE FOR 60$

AND THEN ANNOUNCE SPACE AS DLC

YOU COMPLETE

AND UTTER

GODDAMN

FUCKING

CUNTS

I just don't want a new order to rise and fall every other decade like in the EU

Yeah. You had Jolee Bindu (I keep thinking Bendu comes from that but I know it comes from Jedi-Bendu) who bitched about the Jedi and their hypocrisy but was still firmly in the light side camp when push came to shove. Grey Jedi are just special snowflakes essentially.
One thing I don't like about nuCanon: Mon Momtha is such a fucking retard. She's the one who supported armed insurrection before but as soon as it looks like they're winning she just orders every gun, ship, and soldier retired? That's stupid.

Fucking hippies and their peace bullshit. At least keep the Super Star Destroyer you captured safe.

I hate how they did everything they could to basically reset the setting to ANH times just because of muh nostalgia.

Part of the reasons why I didn't mind the EU wipe was that glorious feeling of exploring uncharted territories.

>Implying it will fall once Rey's in charge
She'll just mind rape anyone with her OP mind tricks. She's already made Leia her new BFFL that way.

I mean the easiest and most boring answer is to wipe the PT and start it clean, but meh. I hate those films, but its spilled milk at this point and enough quality works have come out of it that actually just burning it down would take good with the bad.

For something a little more pragmatic, force Abrams to add more context into TFA. That's a movie I pretty much enjoyed every aspect of, Mary Sue and all, except for JJ's complete disinterest in explaining this new universe. I understand why he didn't want Se ante scene, but maybe Kasdan could have sat him down and told him that he should let the fucking pace up for ten goddamned minutes so we could really get a sense for what's going on and why this all matters.

>Expecting a good game from EA
I don't know what to tell you man. I just really hope that Visceral game takes place on Coruscant. How the fuck has it taken this long to get a game there? TOR is awful, I just want a bounty hunter RPG set in SW.

We'll see how things turn out in the next movies, but it's not her fault half of the senators had a boner for the Empire to return.

But what other bullshit scenes will we add to Star Tours to tie in VIII and IX?

Kasdan believes in going fast paced so no one pays attention to the background stuff though.

>Letting senators who like the Empire serve
Those dumbasses deserved to get nuked. I hope the next leader remembers to keep the fucking capital ships. And don't keep all your shit in one place.

So when did George go from
>There is no light and dark, there's just the Force and the dark side is a cancer
To
>Light and Dark are both equal parts and too much of either is bad
As far as I remember that idea was an EU thing. Hell the term "light side" is an EU thing, it didn't exist in the OT, or even the PT if I recall correctly.

I kinda prefer the yin and yang feel to Lucas's original idea.

Well, fuck yeah. I love Michael's soundtracks.

youtu.be/Aoguj-h6qY4

>nuked

It's likely they were told before and left. In Bloodlines their intentions aren't clear, they're just called Centrists and wanted a stronger government and military. There's no winning here.

They already showed/teased that it's a western on everybody's favorite; Tatooine.

I mean it has potential I guess, but losing that Coruscant-set game is a real loss.

At least Amy Hennig recently expressed the importance of doing something new and original, so unlike DICE, the Visceral game may have some interesting stuff to it.

I was thinking the majority of those imperial leaning senators had left the Republic and were already with the First Order. So they wouldn't have been on-planet in the first place.

He didn't?

>I kinda prefer the yin and yang feel to Lucas's original idea.

Except the Dark Side isn't shown to have any positive traits or balance to it in any regard in either the OT or the PT. It's show explicitly to be bad thing, something you fall into and can almost never crawl out of.

Trying to add some sort of moral relativism into SW when it comes to the Force is terrible, the universe literally has good/bad rules built into it. I know that triggers writers like Chris Avellone, but if you don't like it go write somewhere else instead of forcing Star Wars to become a "gray morality" universe like every other modern fiction franchise.

You've got it mixed up. The Sith are the cancer, not the dark side

You sure about that? I'm almost positive he did.
Well that's how it is now. The dark side is still evil it's just that it's now regarded as a part of the Force rather than a malignant tumor as Lucas originally envisioned.
I know that, but I'm almost positive originally it was the dark side as a whole that was a cancer. There was no "light side" it was just The Force and the Dark Side.

How do we know it'll be on one planet?

The dark side IS cancer, the Sith are just one kind of tumor.

The Force is never REALLY explained in the OT. In one movie it's an intrisinc energy throughout the universe, in the next its really everything and matter is an illusion, and in the final one it's merely a context for the battle of good versus evil.

The recent explanations in Rebels and the end of TCW are more or less always what George wanted, but had people around him going "No George, stop, people are stupid and won't understand that."

Oh we don't at all, it could definitely go off world.

But both pieces of concept art, and the footage they chose to show for the reveal, were all on Tatooine, so I would personally not expect anything else for the time being.

If it turns out there are more planets, it will be a pleasant surprise!

Fuck. Why? Fucking why? It's a goddamn desert planet, what the fuck are we going to be doing there? Both Luke and Anakin knew that place was boring as shit what's everyone's obsession with that place? Fucking hell man at least let us go to Aldaraan before it becomes space dust.
I really hope this is the case. I want to go to Coruscant and Nar Shadaa and all the fucking COOL places why do game devs have such shit taste.

>Luke, Anakin, and Rey all want to get off their desert planets because they're fucking boring and want to go find adventure
>Hey let's make a game and set on Tatooine
There is no justice in this world. Truly this is the darkest timeline.

No its not. The Dark Side is natural.

Luke's adventures between ROTJ and TFA. It can be an anthology format like TCW and be Filon's coup de grace.

I HATE SAND

Rebels is probably going to last past ROTJ, so they'll probably start animating Luke's adventures after ROTJ

It's a change that would in turn require a lot of alterations but honestly I'd like to see the empire put up more of fight after Endor.

I get that the loss of both the emperor and the second death star delivered massive blows to the empire, but even in the face of those losses and the other disadvantages they catalyzed it just feels wrong for the empire to fold as quickly as they do given the manpower and materiel advantages they should possess.

No see that's what changed. Originally I think that's how Lucas saw it, but eventually Lucas kind of either embraced this balance view or merely clarified that this was how he always saw it depending on what you believe.
I don't know man, I think the old man just changed his mind. It's not like he was averse to doing that. He was opposed to any sequels at all but he obviously changed his mind about that.

I like sand, sand is squishy

I'm not saying he didn't change his mind, it's just that the Yin-Yang thing has always been only one inspiration for the Force.

Ultimately, the Force is always going to be somewhat explainable, because it's a mystical "force" of life in a fictional universe.

Nope, Dark Side is part of life too, so it's natural. The Sith and other likeminded dark siders are the cancer.

>The Sith and other likeminded dark siders are the cancer
So are there any non-cancerous dark side users? I'm guessing that the reason Sith are so cancerous is because they're all about dominating the Force. Wonder if that's Snoke's gig.

The Nightsisters.

Oh right, duh.

Also, I have to assume the "Nightbrothers" but since they never expand on them, we can't say one way or the other. There are probably also others, waiting to be explored by a good writer.

I think it went down so easily because the old EU had that as a central conflict for so long. They didn't want to retell that story again.

I don't know who that is. I assume they are not a good writer.

I remember in the old EU there was this group of dark-side Sorcerers who acted as protectors of their planet.

Why she's the Prophet of the Mangos

Traviss.

Huh. She looks exactly like the Milfs in gangbang hentai stuff. Makes sense now I guess.

She IS a good writer. The problem is that she takes things too far.

>>She looks exactly like the Milfs in gangbang hentai stuff.

From what little I've read and what I've heard, that is precisely what makes her not a good writer, but I've only read her first Republic Commando book.

Shut up Ventress, go get yourself killed for no reason again.

Avellone pls go. It is a corruption.

She has good ideas
>Lets do a book about what life is like for a person grown and bred to kill and die so others won't have to
But she let her hateboner for the Jedi drive her off the edge.

Good ideas don't make a good writer, but that's like, my opinion man.

Idea comes from Georgie hisself. Dark Side is natural.

>he hasn't watched TCW

George and the Mortis arc say otherwise.

youtube.com/watch?v=C3GfYA6c6aM

Not anymore brah.
>KOTORII isn't canon
>Your ideas of light and dark are
Guess Chris won in the end.

No arguements there. Lucas had a lot of good ideas do too but he sure as hell didn't execute them well a lot of the time. That's where a good editor comes in. If something like the LSG had existed back when Traviss started her Mando boner might never have gone that far.

What is Traviss even up to these days? Introducing her own "I SWEAR ITS NOT THE UBERMENCH GUYS" in another franchise?

Halo books I guess.

It's canon in my head

Writer of the ongoing IDW G.I. Joe comic

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Traviss#Bibliography

No, she only did a trilogy for Halo, 3rd book came out in 2014.

>Traviss
>on GI Joe
I feel so sorry for both the Joes and Cobra.

>the Shadows of the Empire soundtrack love
Glad I'm not the only one who loves the shit out of everything from that story.

Women love a man in uniform.

Why don't you join the Empire/First Order?

>amy hennig star wars game

What?

WHAT?

You've been under quite the rock. Visceral is one of the many EA Studios doing a Star Wars game, and it's being written by Amy Hennig and led by Jade Raymond.

youtube.com/watch?v=yrIEW7woFFo

>Jade Raymond
Guess I gotta buy her game huh?

This is EA we're talking about. So no, not at all.

I am on Chris' side a bit with this.

Why is the Jedi mind trick considered a Jedi skill? Controlling someone in to doing your bidding is pretty Dark, brah.

The Dark Side is part of the Force, naturally inherent in it. This has been fact from day one. The Sith use and exploit the powers of the Dark Side beyond its natural state and molded it into a very real, worrisome power, to the point where it has enough influence to cloud the Jedi's perceptive abilities and engulf the Force proper, thus the Dark Side becoming a cancer in the Force whenever the Sith are involved.

The Bendu is absolutely correct and there hasn't necessarily been much deviation from the original intent. The Dark Side is in every living thing, as natural as breathing in that it's quick to join and influence you in a pitched situation if you don't know how to control and ease the impulses it feeds on. The Dark Side only really becomes the ultimate evil when you've got people actively and malevolently abusing its power.

If dice went bankrupt and ea kicked them to the corner I'd throw a party to thank the God I would then know exists, and is a force for good.

Because it was the Jedi who were first seen doing it. And even then it's more along the lines of mental suggestion than outright controlling them. What Ezra is doing is control, however.

It's not exclusive to Jedi, we just call it a Jedi mind trick because we usually see Jedi do it.

Also it's not about whether a skill is inherently good or evil, it's how it's used. For example, Force choking isn't a separate power, it's just one way to use telekinesis.

>magical suggestion to get out of a fight instead of making a scene and killing a bunch of people
>evil
>making a drug dealer go home and rethink their life
>evil

Use and intent user, use and intent.

I often wonder if Sleazebagganno ever did rethink his life

>he fell for the "the new republic is peaceful, that's why they finance terrorist groups to fight their battles for them" meme

Hux was right.

>Joel McNeely
>Night Skies
That man has some great taste. Love Shadows of the Empire.

youtu.be/AxGTSP2tGXE

>Force choking isn't a separate power, it's just one way to use telekinesis.
Yeah, this. I get a little annoyed when I see terms like 'Force Jump' being used outside of the context of game mechanics. In-universe it's all just the Force.

Yet he put a woman in charge of his military.

maybe she has a robotic ovary

>Trek scores nice
You spelled garbage wrong

>"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire." - Anakin
>"It is the task of the First Order to remove the disorder from our own existence, so that civilization may be returned to the stability that promotes progress. A stability that existed under the Empire, was reduced to anarchy by the Rebellion, was inherited in turn by the so-called Republic, and will be restored by us. Future historians will look upon this as the time when a strong hand brought the rule of law back to civilization.” - Kylo Ren

"Finish what you started."

Yeah, he realized how shit it was and shot himself

The one thing I really hope the new canon avoids from Legends is the D&D way of using the Force where every little thing is like some individual spell that has to be learned when you get enough XP. Legends made the Force far less mystical and wondrous with all it's rule lawyering and dry scientific methodology than miidichlorians ever did.

>a strong hand brought the rule of law back

Isn't this the central moral (or at least one of them) of a lot of the versions of Arthurian legend? The importance of strength in maintaining a lawful society?

It sure would be nice if he or anyone else in the First Order had said this at any point in the movie

Make it so Grievous is still alive somehow. Bonus points for being stuck in the body of an actual droid.

It would have been nice of any one said anything that explained any of the backstory in the movie.

Midichlorians never did much of anything other than provide biological and scientific evidence of the Force. Whatever demystifying people still believe them to have done is patently false, given the Force had always been described as a very real living thing born of living things. Chalk up their relatively enigmatic role in the Force Ghost process and they literally did nothing wrong.

Didn't that only come up in games though? Game mechanics were never canon

They were all anyone had to measure things up against, so they kind of stuck.

Welcome to the world of market synergy my friend! Why sell a story in a movie when you can sell it in pieces across books, comics, video games, freemium phone apps, and scratch-off fast food tie-ins!

Make the Jedi able to love and have sex and even keep contact with their families. Like the samurai who knew that ultimately their duty to their lord was more important than their own family.

Sure the conflict between Anakin's duty and his love for Padme would need to be re-written but it would make the Jedi feel more relateable and less robotic. Also it would give us a chance to see Obi-Wan get be a player.

It would also be more tragic when the Jedi temple gets destroyed, as not only do the Jedi get executed, but also their families living with them at the temple.

>but it would make the Jedi feel more relateable and less robotic
...That's kind of the point.

Welcome to the hack that is JJ Abrams

well maybe its because I'm biased and love the Jedi but I never liked that.

That's what I'm saying, that Legends was the actual guilty party, like resistance to mind tricks for example, It's obvious that the reason Jabba and Watto are immune is because their stubborn bastards, but lo-and-behold Legends decides "Mind Trick Immunity" is some kind off racial class talent that allows even the weakest willed infant Hutt to tell the cosmic source of all life to fuck-off.

>It would also be more tragic when the Jedi temple gets destroyed, as not only do the Jedi get executed, but also their families living with them at the temple.

That's too easy, honestly. As i is now, it'd be more tragic for a Jedi to have met their birth fanily during the Clone Wars on account of some unfortunate coincidence, have the Jedi struggle with this lost history, eventually reconxike with it, and wish their family farewell and to see them again. The family can remember their grown up child fondly and as a hero just before they're hit with the sudden horrifying news that the Jedi are traitors and are set to be eliminated.

Watto straight up says mind tricks don't work because he's a Toydarian.

As we see in TCW, Toydarian culture is steeped in stubborn adherence to their ways, whether it be money or compassion for the less fortunate.

I would establish that the Jedi help people to get out of hard times during times of peace, like show the Jedi Temple open to the public and have Jedi helping drug addicts, refugies, suicidal individuals, etc. Then when the war happens the Jedi aren't able to do much of this anymore, leading to the decadence of society in coruscant.

when did yoda fight gollum?

TCW Season 6 Episode 12

If you want to use TCW as evidence, it also has Poggle claiming mind tricks don't work on Geonosians.

That would be nice. Its possible that this could be how it will be during the ST. Because being honest, you can't really dwarf the Prequel Order.

More likely the ST Jedi will just be wandering ronin types, though.

Geonosians were part of a hive mind connected to one of many Queens. It's unlikely they really had minds to manipulate unless there were particular offspring engineered for certain degrees of sentience and intelligence, like how bees and ants are organized into castes.

how did they get the rights to use gollum?

The Jedi can have sex. They're just forbidden from attachment and possessive relationships.

There's a very good reason they aren't allowed to have families and form that kind of attachment and all that stuff — they're sorta the guardians of peace for the entire Republic.

If the Jedi were allowed to have that sort of attachment, have possessive relationships, have families, it would create a conflict of interest. They wouldn't be able to properly do their duty as peacekeepers.

Like, Anakin is a great example of this. He almost completely screwed the mission of chasing Dooku in Ep. II because of his attachment to Padme. If Obi-Wan hadn't reeled him in, he would've ruined the mission by having the gunship turn back.

The Jedi are supposed to be ""detached"" in a way because it's part of their job. Without attachments and stuff affecting their judgement, they can perform much better in situations. They don't have the weakness of something like a family or wife or anything existing to be used against them or affect their ability to perform well in stressful situations.

Why do that, when you can have Hux getting all OUR PATIENCE HAS ITS LIMITS?

Ren should have said words to that effect after the "the murderers, traitors and thieves you call friends" scene.

Not him, but was that ever really proven? It seemed to me that the only ones that were literally hive-minded were the ones with worms. Poggle seemed to have a mind of his own, at least.

Pick a Star Wars character.

Explain how they became Snoke.

That's the impression I got. Like the Geonosians have a traditional insect colony hive mind in the sense that all of them probably have a somewhat instinctive role based on whatever caste they're in and all of them have a need to put the hive above all else, but they still have sentience. The only ones that actually had a genuine telepathic link to the queen and no mind of their own were the ones with the worms.

Put in that way, I actually like it now.

>Michael Giacchino Replaces Alexandre Desplat as Composer for 'Rogue One'
WHAT

Seriously?
That was one of the things I was looking forward to with Rogue One...

>"the reshoots also altered the scoring calendar and Desplat, who won an Oscar for The Grand Budapest Hotel, was no longer available. Disney and Lucasfilm then turned to Giacchino, who has a long relationship with the studio and its various divisions."
Are you kidding me? Dang reshoots.

I guess it's about time to set blasters to cautious hype again.

This can't be happening. DELETE THIS

Is that Gareth Edwards left of the qt girl?

Iron Liz?

errr... sauce?

Couldn't find the alter but here is here is the original I think

I feel like the First Order should be more understandable in universe. Not quite "from my view the Jedi are evil," but I feel like they should be a logical outcome of the end of the war between the Rebels and the Empire.

Like, rather than making the Stormtroopers brainwashed child soldiers, have them be war orphans left over from the fight, and they come from both sides of the armies.

This is really because I imagined that the new Saga was going to be largely about legacy, both the one you inherit and the one you leave behind.

By framing it around another story of Rebels fighting the Empire to restore the Republic they lock it in to a thematic loop. The Prequels told the story of the fall (of the Republic, of the Jedi, of Anakin,) and the Original trilogy told the story of the rise (the rebirth of the Republic, the *ahem* Return of the Jedi, the redemption of Anakin). This is just the story of a Fall and a Rise, just in three movies rather than six.

Why is she putting a thing in her thing?

the edit is in the /aco/ SW thread

Same reason she is into /ss/.

Vader told her so

>he's never done urethra play

Shouldn't that hurt, like a lot?

So is battlefront non-canon? youtube.com/watch?v=MjoKj5OhuA8

It's "sorta canon", as in items and visuals are canon while the battles aren't.

Ah, thanks anons!

It's "canonically authentic", in that it looks, sounds, and feels accurate. But past that, no. Dice admitted to cutting plans for a Single-Player so that the game could be ready to release before TFA, so there's no story content to speak of, and they made no effort at all to make the multiplayer canonical either, as you can see by this ridiculous Death Star battle they've imagined up out of nowhere.

There's some very general canon-accurate stuff, like the SSD "Ravager" crashing during the Turning Point: Jakku level, but aside from minor things like that, there's nothing noteworthy.

Qui Gon used the suggestion trick in Phantom Menace so much I'm surprised he didn't get tennis elbow.

What about stuff like TIE fighters with "ion cannons" that work more like torpedoes and don't get mentioned in any other sourcebook?

>Prerecorded speeches often filled the airwaves, in which General Armitage Hux would often comment on the depravity of the Republic with famines on Ibaar and Adarlon, the brutal suppression of the people of Balamak, and unchecked alien advances throughout the Outer Rim. Following which stories of First Order victories such as liberating labor camps on Iktotch or winning a fleet battle in the Bormea sector.

First Order are doing literally nothing wrong.

Except cops and soldiers have families all the time. It's not a jedi's subservience to the Republic that is threatened by attachment, it's their subservience to the will of the Force. Ironically it was the Order's very attachment to their role as official Republic peacekeepers that blinded them to the will of the Force in the end.

Who's your Imperial waifu?

this at-st

NunsInABlender !7moU1hwrol was shitposting on /swco/ when an user called him a faggot. He became so bitter he decided to destroy Star Wars from the inside. After he traveled to the Star Wars Galaxy by means of _____[REDACTED]_____ he took a lightsaber and scarred his face. He said, "Now I am Supreme Leader Snoke," and set about to seduce Ben Solo.

Pretty good taste, user.

Ahsoka agrees

youtube.com/watch?v=uXFh5rNaDUk
>Star Wars Go Rogue | Chapter 3

it does, that is a totaly stupid thing to do.

Are these done by the Robot Chicken people? They're actually pretty funny.

>Robot Chicken
>funny
Pick one

in b4 these are better than the actual movie

who's that burn victim supposed to be?

That's Wolffe after he lost his eye.

...Or did you mean Plo Koon?

he stayed dead

The Holiday Special is now canon

>Maz is a homewrecker
Yes

>maz

Who?

I'm worried about Rogue One, guys.

What if it's shit?

we've already had shitty movies, what's one more going to do?

>what if

"This is a rebellion isn't it? I rebel."

Point out something wrong with that line. Protip: You can't

it's redundant

It's not being delivered by a 12 year old, but a 30 year old woman.

>phasma

Why does my Tall Military Women attraction always end up being represented by such losers?

First Freya Crescent, now her.

It's not pottery it doesn't rhyme.

Someone else should have. It wouldn't have fit Kylo's movie character to have speeches like that. Alan Dean Foster put a lot of those ridiculous monologues in the novelization, whereas movie Kylo is not so verbose. Besides, the novelization writing is shit.

I think the "murderers, traitors, and thieves" line plays off of that, though, and should have been expanded. As it is, that line really stood out and stood alone among everything else Kylo has to say. It was kind of jarring.

Kylo Ren has a lot of weird lines.
>Look how old you've become.

There's also some hardcore pottery.

>“Kylo Ren, I watched the Galactic Empire rise, and then fall. The gullible prattle on about the triumph of truth and justice, of individualism and free will. As if such things were solid and real instead of simple subjective judgments. The historians have it all wrong. It was neither poor strategy nor arrogance that brought down the Empire. You know too well what did.” Ren nodded once. “Sentiment.” “Yes. Such a simple thing. Such a foolish error of judgment. A momentary lapse in an otherwise exemplary life. Had Lord Vader not succumbed to emotion at the crucial moment—had the father killed the son—the Empire would have prevailed. And there would be no threat of Skywalker’s return today.”

Nah
I think its Brotherhood Workshop youtube.com/user/BrotherhoodWorkshop/videos
But I could be wrong

Yeah, I'm getting worried as well.
Rogue One is definitely not going to be the movie they set out to make when they release it.

So, only cautiously hype it.

That's because that line suggests that Kylo thinks he's doing this for a good reason, and that the Resistance are the bad guys. Except nothing else in the movie ever gives this impression. If his motivation is supposed to be a "noble" one, they should have hinted at that much more in TFA. As it is, only that line suggests it.

>If his motivation is supposed to be a "noble" one
Isn't his motivation to be intentionally bad? He even fights the urge to do good.

It would make more sense given his parentage to have it based on some set of morals or ideals.

I've always hated how the "seduced by the Dark Side" plots have been so "whoops! I accidentally joined ISIS."

We don't have to got full Avellone (never go full Avellone), but there needs to be something more there than just "Snoke tricked you!"

Can he undo the damage J.J. did?

I feel that was such a dumb idea.

>The damage
You mean make a nice movie that got a lot of people to watch Star Wars and made loads of money?

The damage was probably more Disney, but Abrams likely didn't help. I mean, if you want to just rehash something then he's probably the best director for it.

>but Abrams likely didn't help

The prequel hate and bias to the point of removing prequel references from the final cut was all him.

>nice movie

There's nothing nice about mocking the original movies (there's a death star, but OURS is bigger, and look how old and useless the old characters re) whole also relying on them for your movie's existence.

>got a lot of people to watch Star Wars
Why is this good for Star Wars?

>and made loads of money?
Why is this good for you?

>Why is this good for Star Wars?
Popular things get more entries, more fans is never a bad thing.
>Why is this good for you?
Did I say it was?

Why don't you just go back to /r9k/ and reeee about normies.

>Popular things get more entries

Why is this a good thing? Wouldn't you rather less entries of a higher quality? As a consumer isn't that best for you? More entries means you just have to pay more money to them.

Maybe.

Villains can't be doing things for a good reason, or you might side with them, or see their point of view at least.

But don't worry, here's a Nuremberg Rally of all-white people and then their multi-racial )and species) victims.

>Why is this a good thing?
Why wouldn't more Star Wars be good?
>Wouldn't you rather less entries of a higher quality?
When you're bankrolled by a company with infinite money you can get both
>More entries means you just have to pay more money to them.
Then it's a good thing I have a job and can buy things I like.

>The prequel hate and bias to the point of removing prequel references from the final cut was all him.

That and the movie was co-written by him. He and Kasdan heavily altered, or flat out ignored, the general outline of what George had laid out for them to follow. That and when JJ turned to consultants for help, he went to Simon Pegg (instead of George, ready and willing to consult at the time), who is one of the worst kinds of Star Wars fans.

Much of the fault lies with JJ and Kasdan. I'm sure that Disney's fault is that they probably overruled the LSG to enable JJ and Kasdan to do whatever the fuck they wanted.

>When you're bankrolled by a company with infinite money you can get both

Except they didn't deliver on both. They have infinite money, but gave us a shit movie. I don't know about you, but I'd rather the movies had just ended with RoTJ.

George proved he can't be trusted with making movies. Let him stick with TV shows, his ideas work better on longer run times.

>I don't know about you, but I'd rather the movies had just ended with RoTJ.
I too wish the PT was never made, but we can't change the past, user.

The ST's, much like the prequel's, biggest problem isn't the story, it's how it is given to us. in the ST's case we're never given the chance in the movie to see how things have changed before we get back into the star wars.

>more fans is never a bad thing

While that's true, I don't think that was that user's point. Many of the people watching the new films now may not necessarily be genuine fans of the franchise and are just going to see what all the hype is about, like with TFA. This wouldn't be as bad of a thing if the biggest parts of the franchise weren't being handled by people who care more about selling a fuckton of tickets than telling an actual original story.

I wonder if "Real" Star Wars fans had the same fits about this when the prequels came out.

>George proved he can't be trusted with making movies

Except everything he directed was better than TFA.

>I too wish the PT was never made,

No, you only. I love the prequels.

>No, you only. I love the prequels.
Then why didn't you want them made?

The STORY of the Prequels is fantastic.

It's genius in how it portrayed the rise of the Empire. Everyone expects them to just appear and take over everyone because they're so evil, but it's actually very subversive.

And the line "So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause" is amazing in how close it to home with the rise of real regimes.

A false flag attack used as a method to get yourself democratically voted in to total power? I wouldn't expect any less from the Emperor as he was shown in the OT.

>his ideas work better on longer run times.

Like a set of three two-hour movies?

And besides, the point is that Lucas' next films in the Saga wouldn't have been "then A New Hope happens again," so it's better by definition.

No, no, it's because he tried to do everything himself, that was the problem. I don't blame him because it is his own work and he could benefit from a little help just like his work with TCW.

It is a good line, buit it's a shame we got 24 year old Portman, who can't act, to say it. If it was 13 year old Portman, or 27 year old Portman it would have been great.

an unfettered George works better with a longer run time, since it lets him mash in everything he wants to say.

Whatever he makes still isn't going to be all that good unless he has people to keep him on track though.

>No, no, it's because he tried to do everything himself, that was the problem.
What problem?

>Why is this good for Star Wars?
Muh secret club

youtube.com/watch?v=eRtNR_1fMv4

The prequels don't take place after RoTJ. RoTJ should've been the end of the films in terms of events, not order of release.

>strawman argument

>Bossk has Infrared vision
>R2D2
>Death star has complex mutiple trenches
It's everything I wanted and more

Where can I find a rebels download that'll work on xbox 360?

>Let him stick with TV shows, his ideas work better on longer run times
>Like a set of three two-hour movies?
>6 hours
The Clone Wars has 121 completed episodes (22 minutes each) and a film (98 minutes). That's 46 hours. And that's with the show not getting completed. 6 hours of movies is small potatoes when it comes to run time.

>that lego star wars rebels character pack
noice, I really enjoy killing SS as Ezra

delete this

>Phoenix 4, are you looking at my ass?
>What ass, ma'am?

I hate that TFA is actually more disappointing than the Prequels. The Phantom Menace was at least a new Star Wars film, even if it did set the stage for a lot of rubbish film making.

When they first announced TFA I, and everyone else, was super excited to see another NEW Star Wars movie, but this time it might actually be good. But, even though it took wholesale from a good movie, this wasn't good because of how cynically it was done. You can imagine someone going through the first two original films, and taking out the major scenes and sticking them all in a row.

Then you fast forward and you get people trying to deal with their underlying disappointment by saying things like "it's a soft reboot," as if they were expecting to sit down in the theatre and watch a retread of ANH and ESB. No one was.

>who is one of the worst kinds of Star Wars fans.

He's pretty much Kevin Smith level.

Yeah, I just got Lego TFA for my birthday. I only waited until now to get it when they released all the DLC, which is the main reason I bought the game. All the vanilla characters are crap. I'm in it for the prequel, CW and rebels characters.

At the very least people are realizing TFA has tons of problems now

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/52lgjr/why_the_death_star_works_and_starkiller_base_does/

Kevin Smith doesn't dislike the prequels. Pegg is such an OT purist that he has gone on record stating he he has no respect for people who like the PT.

Has the rebels soundtrack been ripped yet?

Dont think so. I'm waiting for my source to add the new tracks in with the ones we already have before I upload anything

I thought that the Starkiller Base was going to be a ruse all the time (what little their was) they were building up to it. Like it was too unreal to be anything other than a trap or a ruse.

When they revealed it I really didn't believe it, and when they showed it I actually couldn't believe it.

B O S S K

Yeah it did kinda seem like that.

Yeah the prequels honestly have the best STORY of the 3 trilogies, but there's lots of failures of execution which ends up putting them bellow the OT. still conceptually they blow TFA out of the water, in that there's actual creativity and thought put into them and they actually are trying to be something more than a nostalgiafest.

tehparadox.com/forum/f86/star-wars-rebels-[season-one]-12880137/

It's bizarre because when he talks about going to see TPM in theaters for the first time in his book, he didn't have a violent reaction or flip the fuck out, he just left feeling disappointed and a little let down.

It's ironic that the same guy who went on about how regressive nerd culture is and how nostalgia is ruining entertainment can't let go of his childhood memories of an almost 40 year old movie and acts spiteful towards anyone who doesn't have the same opinion.

TFA's biggest problem that no one wants to admit (at least from what I've seen of people presenting what they'd do to fix it) is that it takes place after the original series. This was a chance to create a whole new setting with whole new characters, and since Disney had erased the EU we could have had anything.

Possibilities were, quite literally, endless.

>and since Disney had erased the EU

Actually, Lucasfilm did that. It was straight up a thing George himself had put in the works and Lucasfilm carried it out during or after his departure (like a last will and testament thing, even though he isn't dead). Disney really didn't have a roll in that.

Welcome to the clab.

And this It does seem like a lot more people are starting to question TFA now, which is great.

club* not clab kek

>I hate sand, I lost my hand

starwars.com/news/adventure-and-excitement-jason-aaron-kicks-off-an-untold-yoda-tale-in-marvels-star-wars-26-exclusive-interview

This sounds awesome

That does sound incredibly interesting.
Will this be the first story that is set before TPM?

youtube.com/watch?v=GvT2F1j-SvA

>Pablo Hidalgo Extended Interview | The Star Wars Show

FULL INTERVIEW WITH PABBY

Other than a short story about a cook in Maz's castle, yes.

Awesome!

Frankly I feel it's too early to judge TFA. The PT were near universally hated until RotS when thing started to cool down and the trilogy actually started to take shape and assume an identity of its own. The OT was the original story, good on its own. The PT managed to deliver a more intricate, albeit poorly executed plot filled with intrigue and delivering a dark but quite relevant message how easily power corrupts and absolute power, you know the rest.

Who knows, maybe the New Trilogy(Next Trilogy, whatever it will be called)will bring something new, something we can't quite see since we literally only saw 1/3 of it so far.

If they didn't want the movie to be judged as a movie, they shouldn't released it as a movie.

All the other first movies in their trilogy function as their own story, so this should as well. Saying we should give them more money before we decide whether we should give them more money is consumerist nonsense.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but only so far. For right now I very much think they started off on the wrong foot. We'll see what Ep. 8 brings.

>The PT were near universally hated

No they weren't. Most people liked them. It's just that the minority were the most vocal about how they felt.

Finn and Kylo Ren are literally the only two characters in TFA, perhaps due to them actually having an interesting concept behind them.

Kylo Ren has a true sense of tragedy to him, and Finn's concept really messes with the established order of things.

I wish they could have just built the entire world around these two characters.

Rex.

Because Pablo said so

How many years do you think it will be until they do the inevitable barrel scraping of having the canon characters meet their legends selves in some trans-dimensional shenanigans

I wouldn't mind it

but RotJ was made before them, so if they stopped at it, they wouldn't have made the prequels.

Are you seriously this dense? You don't understand what he's saying?

It's not my fault user doesn't know how time works

If Lucas had his way we would already have three movies about it

Wow, you're one of the most dense people to come to these threads.

user is saying the sequel trilogy shouldn't exist.

How can you seriously be so rets?

then he should say that instead of saying that only the OT should exist.

>rets
retarded

You have split the retard atom, user.

Point still stands, user literally said only the OT should exist.

And he's almost right. It's just the PT that should have never existed.

>and everyone else, was super excited to see another NEW Star Wars movie, but this time it might actually be good
>"It's only a movie[...]if you think you're going to go recapture your childhood, your're setting yourself up for failure"
youtube.com/watch?v=KWSsjhHA0IM

You have only yourself to blame if you thought TFA was going to be good and you got hyped from it.

>You have only yourself to blame if you thought TFA was going to be good
user, that wasn't what he was saying. He was just warning people not to get overhyped because then nothing would be able to live up to their expectations.

But user, TFA was good

Upload FLAC version if only briefly pls.

Except that's not what I said. RoTJ comes after TESB, which comes after ANH, which comes after RoTS, which comes after AoTC, which comes after TPM, the beginning of the Star Wars saga. My point was that the story should've ended at Return of The Jedi, the last of SIX films. Not once did I ever imply that Episodes 1, 2 and 3 should not exist. You're just some OT-purist trying (badly) to twist my words.

I don't usually respond to useless tripfags but he's right.
I went into TFA expecting a Star Wars movie, and I got a Star Wars movie. I enjoyed it, I've watched it a couple times and I still enjoy it.

A lot of you people went into it expecting the second coming of Christ, and now apparently the movie is the worst thing since Hitler with how you all go on about it.

everything made after Star Wars (1977) was a mistake

>a Star Wars movie, and I got a Star Wars movie.

Specifically "A New Hope."

I'm sorry for calling you retarded, user.

6/10

starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/09/star-wars-weekly-buzz-billy-dee-williams-wants-star-wars-to-leave-lando-alone-and-more.html

Even Billy Dee Williams gets why the Han Solo movie is a mistake.

>Q: In recent weeks there’s been rumors surrounding the possibility of Donald Glover portraying a younger version of your “Star Wars” character, Lando Calrissian for Han Solo’s developing film. Are there any favorites you would consider for the role?

>A: I don’t know who Donald Glover is. But as far as I’m concerned, I would say they [”Star Wars” producers] should leave that character alone. I don’t think you can do any more than what I did with that character. I think I made that character into something very special, and I can’t imagine anybody else doing it, to be very frank with you.

>I don’t know who Donald Glover is

top. fucking. kek.

>18:38

He's 79, did you expect him to know or care who Glover is?

No, but I like that he doesn't all the same

Member Stormtroopers?

This can be applied to Star Wars in general.

After the first three movies there was really no need for it to go any further. There was no burning questions left over, and it wasn't the kind of series of films to ask them.

It's strange, but as I get older I'm actually getting less attached to things from my youth. And I don't mean that in a "Biker Mice from Mars always sucked" way, but it's the stagnation inherent in this brand of storytelling that pushes me away.

Yeah, TFA is just ANH, but what else could it be without a liberal re-write of what Star Wars even is?

you and your kind not being aborted was a mistake

>After the first three movies there was really no need for it to go any further. There was no burning questions left over, and it wasn't the kind of series of films to ask them.
Uh people wanted to know what happened to Vader and why ANH started with episode IV

>he actually likes ESB and ROTJ

kek

>Uh people wanted to know what happened to Vader
Maybe, but that's not really a question that the series itself asked.

And the "Episode IV" part actually came later, and was just another part of the tone set by "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." opening.

The only thing the prequel trilogy is good for is shitposting.

I'm amazed that there are people out there who still believe that Lucas had both the OT and the PT written out before he started making the originals.

>Yeah, TFA is just ANH, but what else could it be without a liberal re-write of what Star Wars even is?
There's a whole lot it could have been while still being Star Wars.

>The only thing Cred Forums is good for is shitposting

ftfy

alright anons, who would you cast as who for a movie based on pic related?

Before the Silmarillion was published some people questioned the decision to do so. The "illusion of depth" created by Silm' references in the Lord of the Rings was enough, they said, without actually telling those stories. Christopher Tolkien's response was basically that a story has merit on it's own, and shouldn't be judged based on what it's effect was on another story.

To say that the OT does not require the PT, or to say that Rogue One is pointless because we already know what happens in ANH is to ignore the fact that this isn't the only rubrik these films should be scored on. Your opinions may differ on how enjoyable these films are, but they do bring valid things to the table on their own.

Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca

>comes back to voice him in Rebels anyway

ok

But that's not why they're being made. If this was an artistic endeavour no one would have a reason to complain.

They're being made because they're going to make some few a lot of money.

it's because he knows he can't get paid for it.

hey, surprise surprise, that's why all the Star Wars movies were made, so they could make one guy a lot of money.

Which he would then spend on philanthropy, and farms

Not going to separately upload but this is from the same place I'm getting the other stuff from

mega.nz/#!ptUUxZYa!u1CKZtTnng1W3xh5Ar5B8uM_RYQKSwGRmUycGaIy26o

Everything that's ever been made has been made to make money. There's other reasons besides that.

What's new in this release compared to the soundtrack that was already out?

11 of the tracks are new ones we didn't have through other various sources.

Specifically:

1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 11, 14-16, 20, 27

I'm preparing to upload a collection of all the Season 1 music we have, including the new tracks

That link is just for the FLAC version of the official soundtrack

Thanks pal.

Since the Season 2 soundtrack is coming out later this month too, are you still going to put together a collection of the music they've already released before the album comes out?

sometimes you paint a picture because it looks pretty and for no other reason

>Everything that's ever been made has been made to make money
I could make something right now just to spite you and then destroy it
How's that for a reason?

Mark Hammil
Harrison Ford
Carrie Fisher
Peter Mayhew
Gary Oldman (Thrawn)
Christopher Lee (Jorus)

There's a guy I source it from on ffshrine and he has that set up. Ive been waiting for news on the Season 2 soundtrack to do anything and I'm going to just wait until it comes out and the tracks get added in to upload the Season 2 stuff.

Therea also music from the Recon Missions game that I might upload too

>Christopher Lee

I don't really think he's on the table as a casting choice at the moment

Are you suggesting that is the motivation behind making more Star Wars. If so, you're delusional, and if not, it's irrelevant.

Boy I'm talking about from the 90s.

Why would the OT actors play their younger selves?

>And the "Episode IV" part actually came later
A year or two later because Lucas and everyone involved had no faith that the film would do well. It's why A Splinter of Mind's eye was made.

>and was just another part of the tone set by "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." opening
For who? A lot of fans had a burning desire to now about the title.

You're kinda right and wrong. Star Wars was originally one movie but it was split up. The prequels are a combination of the split up and notes about the time beforehand.

oh well thats a good point

what about mara jade then

Harrison Ford in a wig

Huh. I dunno.

So... Snoke was a Jedi, right?

I mean we don't have any evidence or anything, but we know by word of god (i.e. JJ and Pablo) that he's not a Sith, but uses the dark side. And then Leia casually namedrops him a conversation with Han in a way that implies familiarity. They always spoke about the Emperor as some kind of distant threat, they never just called him Sheev or anything like that. But they do with Snoke, which makes it feel like he knew them personally.

And then there are those comments by Filoni about how Yoda's "last of the Jedi" line can be interpreted to mean there are others besides Luke, individual knights who managed to survive the purge. Isn't it also curious how Snoke doesn't want a clone army? Maybe because he has, like, a thing about clones, like he doesn't like them or the idea of them? And how did he get injured like that? It looks really bad.

So I'm thinking Snoke was a Jedi who got burned up by clone troopers during Order 66 and managed to survive, possibly through sheer hatred (it's happened before). Years later he meets up with Luke and joins him to train the next generation of Jedi. Maybe they even become friends, like buddies or whatever. But Snoke wants to take the Jedi in another direction because he blames them for fucking up the whole war thing. He wants them to be more militaristic and to enforce their will on the galaxy so that something like the clone rebellion can never happen again. He wants order. So he seduces Kylo, gets him to kill off Luke's loyal Jedi trainees, and then the traitorous Jedi trainees (including ) join him in his new military empire thing or whatever.

It's the only thing I can think of that feels like a suitably emotional way to go about this. Cause you can't just do the evil emperor thing again because you already did that, there has to be something more. Having him be like a fallen hero or whatever adds drama and conflict.

Plus you look at his face in this movie and he looks so fucking sad. There's none of that pure, intense, gleeful hatred old Sheev had. He looks tired. Tired and sad and beaten down and like he's seen too much shit. I don't know, maybe that's all coincidence, but I feel like - since he's an animated character made by professional animators - they'd be aware of what emotions his facial expressions convey. There's no room for mis-acting with a CG character.

>>So I'm thinking Snoke was a Jedi who got burned up by clone troopers during Order 66 and managed to survive, possibly through sheer hatred (it's happened before).
He had such a lust for revenge

"Even the desire to do good can lead some down that path..."

I really enjoy fucking SS as Ezra
ftfy

I WAS BORN IN A SMALL SAND VILLAGE

>everyone's expecting Kylo to be redeemed
>he just gets more violent and unhinged
>the battle Snoke's FO threw the galaxy into becomes out of control
>Both sides starting to totally lose it
>Snoke starts to break down and realize what he's done, and what he has undone again
>Pulls a Darth Vader on a grander scale to try and it set it all right

WE WERE RAIDED BY TROOPERS, CLONE TROOPERS

Yeah, well monarchists are technically in the original use of the term more rightwing than Nazis so clearly everything they ever said is wrong because they're on the wrong side of history and modern philosophy is inherently superior to all others because it's the newest and therefor the best because progress.

WE'VE BEEN PLAYED LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE

youtube.com/watch?v=65a0D9noIN0

I for one am not hype, not hype at all.

>what if

el oh el

It's already all but confirmed Rogue One is a steaming pile of shit. Since the director is so fucking unimportant that they can just edit it without him like whenever, it basically means it effectively doesn't even HAVE a director. The whole thing is an executive board-driven, assembly line production designed to fill the gap between Episodes VII and VIII (i.e. the "real movies").

I haven't played the game in ages, but I'm just happy that Bossk is finally in the game.

I'm a Star Wars fan, not a Disney stock holder. Even if I was a Disney stock holder he weakened the brand which I wouldn't be happy about. The same way Sega has weakened their Sonic brand. The Sonic cycle is now the Star Wars cycle.

>>Invading the Death Star with grown troops
THE BALLS ON THEM!!!

>>Grown troops
Meant to say Ground Troops, but funnier this way

On one hand Bossk, on the other hand Bossk. They're really running out of relevant OT characters to turn into heroes, aren't they?

It's a shame they're so terrified of the prequels. Previous Battlefronts had so many heroes.

I'm still waiting on ore Zuckuss/4-LOM shenanigans, even if I have to settle for non-canon. Only other thing I've seen them in is that 'Tales of the Bounty Hunters' book.

I'm a little confused. How did TFA weaken the brand from a stock holder perspective? They have a movie that is a critical and commercial success, It's smashed the ratings and box office of all the other movies in its franchise (baring the original film), if I was someone involved with Star Wars I'd be rather pleased with it all.

I only barely remember half the characters you guys talk about like they're big deals. I can't even think of anyone that wasn't a force user or Jango from the prequels.

>grievous
>the CIS leaders
>all the main senators
>soldiers/clones
C'mon now

Battlefront 2 had the following playable Prequel-era characters;

>Sheev
>Darkside Anakin
>Dooku
>Greivous
>Maul
>Jango
>Ventress (DLC)

>Obi-Wan
>Windu
>Yoda
>Aayla Secura
>Ki-Adi Mundi
>Kit Fisto (DLC)

I feel like I am forgetting some, but that's already way more Hero/Villain characters in Battlefront 2 than DICE's game, and that's just half of them.

>I'm still waiting on ore Zuckuss/4-LOM shenanigans

They'd have to find protag counterparts. Who the fuck else is there for casuals to recognize? Lobot? Wedge? Biggs? Porkins? Dak?

Also, how can we ever get a proper 4-LOM now that Alan Rickman's dead?

>>the CIS leaders
>>all the main senators
But what would they do in a game like Battlefront? Why would they be on the front at all?
>>grievous
it's not a human shape, they won't bother. He'd be a great addition though.
>soldiers/clones
Are you not already a soldier? Why would you want a hero to just be a normal character?

I find it so weird how they are still so slowly milking these Star Wars levels.

>But what would they do in a game like Battlefront? Why would they be on the front at all?
Mission/game mode of protect the Senators after they get caught up in a surprise Clone War battle? They're on a planet delegating, or something, and the CIS catch wind of it and send an attack force to try and kill/capture them. Clones come in and have to defend them.

To add to this, what an "only OT-Era" Battlefront still could have been;

>Sheev actually using his Lightsaber/s (Supposedly they're working on patching this in by the final DLC)
>Ahsoka Tano
>Kanan
>Ezra/Sabine?
>Sana "Solo"..?
>Darth Maul
>Chewbacca actually being in the game at launch, and not DLC
>Characters having different skins per map like BF2. (They've since patched in just 3 extra Hero skins, one of which is still inaccurate)
>Greedo not being in the game. (Seriously, what the fuck)
>Royal Guards having their pikes as one of their weapons, instead of a goddamn Rocket Launcher
>Inquisitors (Seriously, any melee characters would be appreciated. They've basically confirmed it'll only be Luke/Vader for this whole game).
>More than just one flying Hero/Villain. The damned PSP games beat Dice to it, and had way more options.

But yeah, they had the options. They even reference Rebels/TCW/Comics quite a bit. There's a challenge named after Sana that unlocks you her blaster, and various other things. Zeb's Bo-Rifle is coming to the game too. They were spoiled for choice, but they still went for Greedo over much needed other characters. As if Greedo will somehow sell more than Darth Maul. Dice are fools.

I'm just wondering if they have any material from Episode 7 to put into the game.

Aside from Jakku, no. At their choice, they wanted to focus on the OT Era.

Battlefront 2 is going to be based entirely on The Force Awakens though. Yeah, you read that right.

You're kidding
You have to be kidding

>Battlefront 2 is going to be based entirely on The Force Awakens though
Is it possible to have less on-release content than the first one, though?

They said that the sequel will launch before Episode 8, next year, and will be set in the new Era.

Episode 8 content will probably be the DLC, but yes, this means the bulk of the game, especially at launch, is just TFA.

Well this one is supposedly going to actually have a Single-Player story. But in terms of locations and characters and stuff, it looks like it's going to be even more barebones than the first one, yeah. Jakku, Takodana, Starkiller, and they'll probably throw in Tatooine for shits and giggles.

>Battlefront 2 is going to be based entirely on The Force Awakens though. Yeah, you read that right.
But...there's barely anything in the Force Awakens to base things on!
I mean, Maz Kinada's destroyed Catina I guess, but there's barely any material to make a full game out of!

>Takodana
I didn't even know that was the name of that planet

Holy fug
Think they might throw in some rathtar's just cuz

Finally! How many fucking DLCs did it take for the game to finally start looking like Battlefront?

Apparently, three.

Whether or not this holds true when the Skariff DLC comes out is still up for debate

Mara - Saoirse Ronan
Karrde - Jerome Flynn
Thrawn - Lars Mikkelsen
Pellaeon - Liam Cunningham
Jorus - David Warner

Someone spanish looking for Talon.

Not for any sjw or progressive reasons. I don't know why, but reading it in high school, Talon Karrde always came off to me as a Latin Lando

>Skariff
Which planet is that?

My bad. Spelling mistake.

Scarif is the beach world that's gonna show up in Rogue One.

Sana's last name is Starros.

What is she, /swco/?

What Mace was going to be

A cutie

They could have had 2 hours of just filming Chewbacca's ass and it would have still sold well. What I mean is that they didn't build up the IP at all, they just rebooted it and did a terrible job at that. Nothing resonated, it didn't leave you with a sense of wonder or hours of speculating other than just plot holes and a glaring absence of exposition. You'll hear anyone say oh man I want me some moar star wars, but who says oh man I hope we see more movies like TFA.

>They could have had 2 hours of just filming Chewbacca's ass and it would have still sold well.
That reminded me, I love how great the Chewbacca comic turned out, and how much character he had, even though you couldn't understand what he was saying.

90%+ of the audience for star wars liked TFA

You hold an incredibly marginal viewpoint

Most of those people have an "opinion" on SW cause of that faggot from YT who bashed the PT and practically masturbated to JJ and TFA.

Normies and posers are the target audience.

>They could have had 2 hours of just filming Chewbacca's ass and it would have still sold well.
I dunno, they did try that already. It didn't go well.

I for one am excited for the world they've made in TFA. A galaxy with zero wide spanning governments, both the Resistance and the First Order dealt monumental blows and reeling from the movie's events.

By the way, what plot holes? I don't recall any glaring ones.

Salty prequelfags are the best.

So what's the consensus on how Kylo Ren looks? I've gotten used to his looks and find him strangely attractive now.

Without the mask: A young Alan Rickman

With the mask: an extra from Hardware Wars

When i saw pics of the actor when they announced his casting I thought he looked hideous and I thought it was a bad idea.

But in the movie he looks pretty cute and kind of has a look of Harrison Ford to him. It was probably just his beard that didn't suit him.

Leia is general of "resistance" not Republic military, covers up plot hole by saying Mon Mothma is retarded in books.

>Leia is general of "resistance" not Republic military, covers up plot hole by saying Mon Mothma is retarded in books.
I have no idea what you're saying

Prequils and TFA have opposite problems. One suffers from GL's shitty dialog, The Room level of bad romance, and incorrigible habit of just throwing as much shit as he can onto the screen. But they created a rich universe with a setting worth caring about and as a sandbox that's fun for imagining yourself in. JJ can make an entertaining movie but it's the sort of fun waste of time movie that you forget about a day later because the setting is an afterthought. As a fan of Star Wars and hence the Star Wars Universe aka the setting, the latter's crime is far more egregious.

Cumrag

>By the way, what plot holes
Starkiller Base alone is full of them.
-The shield is turned off by Phasma and not a single member of the First Order notices this until a bunch of X-Wings suddenly appear
-The Resistance and Han agree to go along with Finn's plan to turn off the shield without actually hearing what it is
-The First Order has two separate parties (Han/Finn/Chewie and then Rey) wandering around the base without anyone noticing- even after they decide to go on alert and put the base on lockdown, this does nothing (incidentally Kylo orders the hangars locked down but we then see Rey approach one and not only is it not locked down, her main problem is that one of the idle troopers might see her). For comparison, the heroes do the same in ANH but we later find out that this was intentional because Vader wanted them to escape so they would lead them to the rebel base.
-When the X-Wings aren't doing enough damage to the oscillator, Han and Finn decide to help out by using detonators on it... and Chewie conveniently brought a bag full of them even though none of them could have possibly known that they'd need an entire bag full of them.
-We're given no barely any explanation for how the First Order was able to track Leia's ship back to D'Qar- apparently it's just that easy.
-We're given no explanation for how Wexley's recon team not only made it to Starkiller Base completely undetected, but scanned the entire fucking thing and came back in record time.
-We're given no explanation for how the Resistance knows they're the next target for Starkiller Base.
And so on.

Why the fuck are we not talking about this? This is fucking huge

Probably because there isn't much to talk about yet.

>-The shield is turned off by Phasma and not a single member of the First Order notices this until a bunch of X-Wings suddenly appear
Incidentally, it also raises the question of why one of the top officers at Starkiller Base was just wandering around alone in an empty hallway.

SNORAMBE FOR PRESIDENT 2016

>-We're given no explanation for how the Resistance knows they're the next target for Starkiller Base.
I agree with this, but I also think it's not that large a leap to assume your newest, biggest enemy that you have been campaigning against for the last 6 years will be targeting your base of operations next, after wiping out your main location of fighting against them (Hosnian Prime senate).

How does Ezra become Snoke?

The fucking oversight that the dominant power in the galaxy doesn't have a military/"peacekeeping" force

Instead of c-span style politics boring up the movie like in the prequels, they handwaved the politics but in the process made the political setup of the universe pants on head retarded.

just applying my own little common sense to it:

>The shield is turned off by Phasma and not a single member of the First Order notices this until a bunch of X-Wings suddenly appear
They were watching for it, and jumped in the moment they say it was down.
>The Resistance and Han agree to go along with Finn's plan to turn off the shield
They knew they were being targeted (somehow) and went with the best information that they had.
>-The First Order has two separate parties wandering around the base without anyone noticing- even after they decide to go on alert and put the base on lockdown
I really don't have a reason for it because I've never noticed her going to a hanger of any kind, either way we never see their actual escape from the facility.
>-Chewie conveniently brought a bag full of them even though none of them could have possibly known that they'd them
We've actually gone over that, and the only guess was that they intended to blow up the generator if Finn's plan didn't work.
>-We're given no barely any explanation for how the First Order was able to track Leia's ship back to D'Qar
This assumes that it is a secret base, which we're never actually told that it is or isn't. Remember the first order used to be part of the Republic. If there was any record of old rebel bases they could have had access to them before they left.
>-We're given no explanation for how Wexley's recon team not only made it to Starkiller Base
Not knowing how planetary scanners work they pretty much just got a topographical map. It wasn't much help without Finn, it's not like they got their hands on the top secret plans to a top secret weapons platform that no one knew existed.
>-We're given no explanation for how the Resistance knows they're the next target for Starkiller Base.
At it's best it's an educated guess, they should have shown some kind of way of knowing they were being targeted, maybe something about the base showing up closer to their system or something

No but seriously I love your Order 66 idea. Unlike Plagueis, it actually means something to more casual fans or movie goers. And it explains how he came close to Luke and the New Jedi, and why he wants to establish Order (even if it means building on top of the Empire that scarred him).

Han and Chewie are veteran fuckers, and unlike ANH they came in prepared. It only makes sense that they'd bring some useful gadgets and gear just in case.

The idea makes sense. Limit your government's control of the military and allow the governed to have their own defense forces. Your government can no longer seize power without your consent. It's a pretty understandable reaction to a totalitarian government like the Galactic Empire. It simply seems that there was never any event in the thirty years after the making of the new Republic that showed why your government needed the ability and power to suppress resistance to its laws.

Or rather, they'd had that event, and instead of suppressing it like Washington did during the Whiskey Rebellion, it was like if the Government let them go off into the woods and make a nuclear bomb.

It would be pants on head retarded if every world felt this was a good idea, which clearly wasn't the case since the Resistance existed.

Anyway TFA's biggest problem is we see so little of the world it takes place in.

Ezra's Jewish nose will never stop bothering me.

Has everyone seen this piece of Rogue One Concept Art? Was browsing an art site and this cropped up. Wonder if they'll use the design..

That would imply more of a loose confederacy than a republic where each planet is Sovereign since each planet has their own military. If that's the case than it would be more similar to if Brussels got nuked, the EU's gone but no one cares because the individual planets/nations are what matters.

And apparently this is from VIII but there's no watermark to know for sure...it looks pretty professional.

This must be the planet where the Deathtrooper is holding the doll.

I've come to hate that shuttle. It looks like a sci-fi version of the Bat-Wing

Pretty massive star destroyer too

The fact that it flies with the wings up infuriates me. I'm used to the Lambda Shuttles wings pointing down.

Seeins a Super Star Destroyer in RO is pretty weird, considering that by the time of ANH even top dogs like Vader were using just regular Star Destroyers.

Okay, Cred Forums

It's not really an SSD, so I would assume it's some strange prototype of one that Krennic probably had commissioned for his advanced weapons group.

*Seeing

He's supposed to look Arabic like a space Aladdin

The other thing is that the FO wants a strong central government and the Republic would be the vehicle for doing that. So both Leia's resistance and the FO are both political fringes because they want the same exact thing, I guess Leia split off from them which would explain why they hate each other so much. The problem is that blowing up the central government doesn't make sense since growing central government power comes naturally with time. It would be like Hamilton getting Washington to kill off the Continental Congress so he can put into effect his more centralized constitution in place of the articles of confederation. Instead of what they actually did which was just apply the constitution anyway in states that wanted it and dragged the other states into it, it wasn't hard.

But I'm not advocating for gassing them.

Who are these guys

Why do people keep forgetting Snoke is not Human? It's impossible for him to be Ezra.

We actually don't know if he's human or not. He looks really messed up, but he also looks like he may have looked like a regular dude before the dark side corrupted him (according to the Art Of book, that's the idea behind his deformities).

Pablo confirmed months ago Snoke is not Human.

That's the other thing, who the hell is the FO, are they a bunch of fringe radicals like the bundy ranch folk or are they a united group of half the galaxy? If they're fringe then how the hell did they get the resources to do a mega engineering project, if they're half the galaxy then why the hell isn't the other half of the galaxy shitting their collective pants over them? If they're North Korea then the rest of the collective galaxy with their own militaries would collectively curb stomp them. No the real reason there isn't fleet vs fleet action is because this is episode IV version 2 and hamfisted rebels=good back in.

Well, the revolutionaries were working more under the idea of the Articles of Confederation, rather than the newly passed Constitution. Under the Articles none of the states would really have cared if the central government fell, at least not until they needed someone to declare war. In fact it was pretty much set up to fail from the start. It wasn't until Shay's Rebellion that people realized that a Government needed to be able to control its people.

I think the idea the First Order, or at least Hux, is that after killing off the Senate they would go to each planet and tell them "See, the Republic didn't work, they couldn't protect you, but look at us, we can." And have them join them. Or force them to.

So like if the Confederacy blew up congress and then started an invasion of the north, only their political ideals are flipped.

I'd really like a book that was all about Hux, or Snoke, or whomever was leading the First Order faction while they were part of the Republic, and we'd get to learn how they went from hardline Federalists to rebels. It could be fun, like with what you say, Leia and whomever their leader as being, if not friends, then at least willing partners in trying to get the Republic to see the need for a stronger government.

Okay, really I just want to see Leia go into a rage when someone accuses her of wanting another Empire.

The First Order was, originally it seems, a political group inside the Republic, mostly of core ex-Imperial worlds, that wanted the Republic to be more like the Empire. The republic is a fraction of what the Empire was, and the First Order is an even smaller fraction of that inside it. They are not equal to what the Confederacy of Independent Systems was. To think of it in the idea of our world, imagine if the Isle of Man rebelled against the United Kingdom. The planets that fund the Resistance are about the same "size" as well. With no one else thinking they're a problem.

>They were watching for it, and jumped in the moment they say it was down.
This is something your command staff should notice immediately. You don't hear the guy going "shields up, shields up!" until the X-Wings have already started firing.

>They knew they were being targeted (somehow) and went with the best information that they had.
That's a lousy excuse. All it takes is a couple of seconds to ask "wait, how will you get the shields down?" Finn could've even bluffed it and said "oh, I have clearance to access it I just need to get to the console." I mean, we can assume they figured that was his plan, or maybe even assume he told them this off-screen, but when they're at Starkiller Base only then does Han think to ask how Finn is going to pull this off.

>I really don't have a reason for it because I've never noticed her going to a hanger of any kind
It's brief, she glances at a TIE and sees two stormtroopers making smalltalk. See pic, it's apparently their idea of a lockdown.

>This assumes that it is a secret base, which we're never actually told that it is or isn't.
Apparently the First Order didn't know, since Hux points out that they tracked the ship to the Ileenium system. I don't think they'd need to track the ship to find their base (and thus their next target) if they already knew where the base was.

>Not knowing how planetary scanners work they pretty much just got a topographical map
The map looks pretty complete, though that still doesn't explain how Wexley's team got there and back so fast, or why the First Order never detected them.

>At it's best it's an educated guess, they should have shown some kind of way of knowing they were being targeted, maybe something about the base showing up closer to their system or something
It's reasonable to assume they'd be targeted next, but they just kind of know it as a fact and give no reason why. We have no idea how they know, they just know.

If they're that small, how did they acomplish a increadable feat of mega engineering. The death star itself was at first glance seen as an engineering miracle, nothing could be built that big, and had the collective efforts of an entire united empire at it's peak behind it. Now we got some fringes that can make something even bigger and badder? It'd be as if the altright suddenly built a moonbase.

They didn't construct the entire fucking planet from scratch, like the Death Star was. They dug out around half of the planet to replace it with the laser, bases and what not. Overall, that's about as much as the Death Stars combined in material worth.

>They were watching for it, and jumped in the moment they say it was down.
Speaking of which I like how they were already in hyperspace when they got word that the shield was down and they could go in. Were they just kind of circling the block at lightspeed or something?

That's still ridiculous because digging out half a planet and installing a shitload of material in there has got to be ridiculously expensive. You could fit about five DS1's inside that giant trench thing, so that's definitely more than two Death Star's worth of material.

>It'd be as if the altright suddenly built a moonbase.
If the altright had the entire like minded military industrial complex working with them. You also assume that they started from scratch, with no idea of how to make any kind of energy absorption array of that type, which may very well be false. Also part of the reason the Death Star took so long and such is because it was also being kept a secret, not just from the enemies of the Empire, but from the Empire at large. Starkiller Base would have no such need for secrecy from its own organization, and largely didn't need to worry about the Republic since, apparently, no one ever goes into the Unknown Regions for any reason what so ever.

I always believed that Starkiller Base was just an abandoned half-finished Imperial project that the First Order merely managed to finish. But I'm not sure it any canon material contradicts this.

It's still more mass than the death star and with a mechanism that's far more complex, sucking up the energy of a star, that's Kardashev civilization level II shit, the biggest step up in Star Wars tech we've ever seen. It's a moonbase and a Manhattan project rolled in one, by a bunch of fringe folk. Meanwhile China is still working on getting the tech just to be able to make super carriers.

FO Force Initiates?

The military industrial complex isn't a fringe group, it's a huge industry and inherently has enough influence to not be a fringe group.

the like minded lot would be.

And then not enough to have the actual resources to build a mega engineering project. And they could never build any other their shit anyway without the government shoveling money for them. Starkiller base was stupid, again it's just episode IV version 2 hamfist a deathstar, the only reason it's there.

Their hats say CBPD, so some kind of police apparently

Wrong, it's the Coruscant Bureau of Pablo Decaffeinators

The only way to stop Pablo is to take away his power source

How can we kill that which has no hat?

>Coruscant
We wish.

whoa there

Maybe it's the of Conscripted Brigade of Public Defecators?

Not sure which is worse, that there's a municipal organization dedicated to public shitting or that they involuntarily force people to join it.

The New Republic was truly corrupt, Hux did nothing wrong

>I'd rather the movies had just ended with RoTJ.
This absolutly implies that you would rather Return of the Jedi be the final movie produced.

Now, the other guy was pretending to be retarded a bit too much but you must realise you did fuck up your original wording. Maybe if you'd said you wished the story ended there it could have been taken the way you intended, but the movies ending there means no more movies.

> Star Wars was originally one movie but it was split up. The prequels are a combination of the split up and notes about the time beforehand.
Where'd you get that from? The way I heard it (just as unsourced, though) is that the prequel notes were not written until after the draft of The Empire Strikes Back that introduced Vader's plot twist. Up until the draft after that Empire was to be Episode 2.

>More than just one flying Hero/Villain

I'd buy the game if I could fly around as ss

Me too. funny that

90% of the audience liked twilight as well

Even casuals know about the Plagueis theory

And some random darksider coming out of nowhere and taking over just reeks of poor writing imo.

What did he mean by this?

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS?!

Pablo is just torturing us, r-right?

Is it bigger or smaller than the Executioner?

Reminder that Cad Bane appeared getting blasted to pieces by Embo in one of Sabine's graffities.

The shooting only made him MORE ANGRY

Now he actually needs the pipes

>that heart around embo

W-what did she mean by this?

>blatant heart around embo
sabine wants that embodick

That Ezra never stood a chance.

>tfw not embo steals your waifu

feels bad guys

what's a Duros?

So let's decipher what this implies

Sabine tastes for men are
>older men
>green xenos
>tall
>men who can handle big guns

Ezra never stood a chance.

Look at this man. This is Sabine's man. You will never be this man.

I figured it was because Filoni voiced him.

Is the premiere the same episode they showed at Celebration? If so can the people who saw it tell us what happens to Cad BigGuy

He's in the background of the Rebel base. It's not explained why. He just is there.

>Ezra never stood a chance.

He didn't need to, he already had SS

isn't that the other way around?

Details user...details.

All that matters is they made love
By which I mean SS pinned him down and fucked him hard

Less SS, more Embo.

Time to ship Embo and Sabine, what will be their couple name?

Embino? Sambo?

Ugh, fine.

Embo could wipe the floor with SS anyway. That guy was at Jabba's Palace when Maul and co. stormed it, put up a good fight and survived to tell the tale.

I would like to wipe the floor with SS, if you catch my drift...

More like wiping her bisected body off the floor.

Source?

This looks shopped, I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

>how ezra looks their

In before Kylo Ren was adopted.

delet

Gray guys with big heads and red eyes.

>who the hell is the First Order
Near as I can tell from Aftermath, Life Debt, Lost Stars, Bloodline, the TFA Visual Dictionary, and interviews; and some speculation:

Sheev believed there was some special Dark Side something in the Unknown Regions, and had Imperial explorers explore it. I believe Snoke is from the UR, and probably associated with whatever it was Sheev was searching for. After Endor and Jakku, what was left of the Imperial Fleet(s) fled to the UR. There they encountered whatever civilization Snoke was a part of, and joined with him. This is the founding of the First Order. Over time, the FO clandestinely reached out to the known galaxy, to various radical groups and Imperial-sympathizing politicians (all of whom were Centrists, but not all Centrists were sympathizers) and such. Funding their activities and planning operations for them to destabilize the Republic. Leia didn't know about the FO, but she'd been exposed to some of those fringe groups and suspected Centrist involvement, so she founded the organization that would become the Resistance to be prepared for the vague unknown threat.

At some point within six years before TFA, the FO made itself known to the Republic, I imagine striking from the UR and conquering some few worlds. Then, perhaps, several Centrist-leaning worlds seceded from the Republic and joined the FO. Their territory already included the UR, or at least part of it, and if they expanded into even a third of Republic territory, they'd have half the Galaxy already. Meanwhile other FO-sympathizing senators remained in the Republic in order to keep the Republic ineffective, and downplay the threat of the FO. Leia's Resistance, now operating openly, has some support from her own connections in the Senate, who use this opportunity to let the Resistance fight a proxy war for them. I suspect the Resistance is operating within FO territory. This takes the fight to the FO, and gives the Republic deniability.

>FO wants a strong central government and the Republic would be the vehicle for doing that. So both Leia's resistance and the FO are both political fringes because they want the same exact thing,
>Leia and whomever their leader as being, if not friends, then at least willing partners in trying to get the Republic to see the need for a stronger government.
Leia want's a government that is stronger than what the majority of Populists were pushing for (she definitely didn't share their apathy); and she opposed Mon Mothma's demilitarization WHILE they were still at war with the Empire; but she was still squarely a Populist and wanted a government that, while strong enough to act, was still too weak to be a threat to anyone.

Pablo tweeted this just after

>strong enough to act, was still too weak to be a threat to anyone

Isn't this a contradiction in terms when it comes to inter-"national" politics? What kind of "act" could you do that will improve your nations standing without it being a threat to any one else's standards?

>Well, Pablo never lies...

>Isn't this a contradiction in terms
It means middle-ground. She wants a weak, but not too-weak, government.

He really worded that wrong for what he meant, I think. Leia wanted a government that was strong enough to act, but still too weak to be a threat to EVERYONE.

If called upon, a majority of Republic worlds own militaries should be able to overthrow the central government, but the government forces should be strong enough to deal with small groups attempting to resist the rule of law, or provide a defensive force capable of either defeating, or holding out long enough against a larger threat to allow the other worlds to send their own troops.

The story of the Galactic Republic is that of the Roman Republic. The new Republic is the reaction to that, but very much ended up just making the same situation that made the older Republic untenable.

So, what you're saying is the First Order did nothing wrong?

>If called upon, a majority of Republic worlds own militaries should be able to overthrow the central government

So does that mean that Episode 8 is going to be either all the worlds armies teaming up against the first order or all the worlds starting their own private governments?

>all the worlds armies teaming up against the first order
Oh shit, that would get me rock hard!

I think it's going to be those two, plus systems allying with the First Order by "choice" due to their power.

>mfw we COULD end up with Romance of the Three Kingdoms in space

basically yeah.

Oh some worlds will attempt to remake the Republic as it once was, but I'm sure there will be some that just say "Fuck it, we're in charge now"

I never really saw the OT as being a civil war, but I think the situation in the ST is very much the breeding ground for a real galaxy spanning civil war.

>PT=Roman Republic
>OT=Roman Empire
>ST=Collapse of the Holy Roman Empire

Yeah I can see some worlds joining the first order for sure. Some scene of how the Hutt worlds have joined the First Order and how that damages supply lines.

More like the Japanese Sengoku period I'd say.

So if the Vong ever come into play we'll finally get the Byzantine Empire?

Commercial endeavours can also be artistic endeavours. These are not mutually exclusive concepts.

Michelangelo's David was commissioned by Lorenzo de Medici to show how wealthy he was. In fact that's pretty much how all of the most famous historical artists made their work. They were patronised by aristocrats or the Church.

This is making me sad that the First Order are just Empire 2.0.

A lot could be done with this concept, but by making them just another re-tread of the Empire it takes away the story, and just makes it good guys vs bad guys. I know Star Wars isn't LotGH but we could at least have something kind of new.

It's possible they could redeem it and make them more interesting in the next two.

It should revisit the prequel concept of Separatists. Only have it that after the Empire fell all the systems actually quite liked ruling themselves and would rather not be part of the Republic again.

And this is the First Order theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=TcAp9ryNlRw

Making it an idealistic civil war would be great. Would even make Kylo Ren's fall to the dark side more tragic if, rather than BECUZ GRANDPA he did it to aid his cause.

Leia would shine in such a setting as well, sort of like the old warrior donning the rusty armour.

NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD