When are we going to get this Superman back?

When are we going to get this Superman back?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dDMQ3tXNKgM
youtube.com/watch?v=T2WVlmNqMMs
youtube.com/watch?v=dDMQ3tXNKgM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When Gen-Xers stop whining about traditional stuff for the sake of being hipsters.

Wait, when did Gen X whine about Superman?

When the levels of nostalgia make that version earn big bucks.

Since the 90s.

People say the no briefs mandate comes from warner bros but i auctualy get the feeling it comes from the very top at time warner.

Doubtful we'll ever get the golden age supes back or Silver Age superdickery. Sad times....

when enough people whine at DC, that's how that company works

>That's how comics work
Fixed.

Wasn't there a short arc where Golden Age Superman was sort of brought back as an author's character come to life, and did the stuff like beating up a wifebeater, punching a senator or whatever, and modern Superman had to step in and be all "no, you're only allowed to act like a vague inspiration without actually taking any stances beyond just 'be good'"

I thought DC didn't care

When WW3 starts.

intriguing cover. does anything even remotely like that happen in the story?

youtu.be/dDMQ3tXNKgM

Cool viewing if you're interested in this cartoon. I've actually been lucky enough to find a few vhs' of this at yard sales.

They'll probably bring him into some Spiderverse-esque event just to kill him.

Yes

Isn't he dead? I though Superboy-Prime killed him.

This.

Our Supes is going to make sure all bathrooms are transgender friendly.

hmmm... gonna have to look that up

There's always fan made stuff.

This and Kingdom Come Superman have my favorite costumes.

It's fucking weird all that dick she rolls through in each of her incarnations and she only ever gets preggers with his kid in one go.

Did Lois just low key say supes has the baby dick?

What comic is it from?

user confirmed for patrician taste

This guy really does have it right. When you cut away all the extraneous stuff and cut to the core of Superman as a character concept, the Fleischer Superman is what you're left with. He's the purest, truest version of the character in any medium.

Tell me, chum. Your bladder... Does it bleed?

I would really love a Fleischer style Superman animated film with Superman in WW2 fighting Japanese or German super soldiers/weapons in Snyder style/scale battles.

It's also one of the best examples of well-done rotoscoping. It's fluid and beautiful without dipping into uncanny.

>contemporary cartoons will never be this fluid and well animated again

>It's also one of the best examples of well-done rotoscoping. It's fluid and beautiful without dipping into uncanny.

he gets a couple details wrong(Fleischer didn't create Popeye, and the Arctic Giant's resemblance to Godzilla is most likely a coincidence), but overall I like the cut of his jib

yeah the Fleischers were masters of it, it's telling that it took a couple tries for Disney to master the process(see the somewhat wonky rotoscoping used for the Prince in Snow White) compared to how quickly the Fleischers made it work for them, and how Ralph Bakshi was one of the only post Golden Age of Animation people to be able to similarly master it to such an extent

Note I quoted the post with that video. But yeah, really good video.
I'd love to see someone do a really great, traditionally animated film in that style without regard for making shitloads of money. Something artistically mature and nuanced, and with phenomenal looking, fluid animation. It's just a shame it probably won't happen again in America unless Laika goes traditional over stop motion one day with their sweet Nike money.

Kind of good until he starts whining about origin stories and films being too long. I like how he reluctantly admits that the Krypton sequence is good, then gives us the Kevin Space Luthor meme. Like he wants to seem credible but just gave up.

Well the issue with rotoscoping is that everyones first instinct is to trace over the footage frame by frame from start to finish. The problem with that approach is there's lots of fine detail that the animator can't track which often leads to lines wiggling, it makes it really difficult to change the characters appearance and you can't really edit the movement.

The solution is quite simple, you just need to treat it like an animation and work pose-to-pose. Altering the keyframes to match the character model and the animation you want is a lot easier than doing it for every frame, and then you can use the usual method of inbetweening for perfectly smooth movement between those keys.

It's really easy to master rotoscoping, but you need to be capable of working without it and not using it as a crutch.

not everything is about your legitimate insecurities with your little dick.

Just went through every Superman Adventures comic and didn't find this panel, so I'm guessing it's fake.

>"no, you're only allowed to act like a vague inspiration without actually taking any stances beyond just 'be good'"
this is why people dont like superman anymore

It comes from Dan Didio, that stupid fuck.

Wait really
What does he have against trunks

>origin stories are boring as hell

What the fuck is this guy smoking?

Secret Identity is the greatest comic of all time, and a big part of it is the origin story.

Based Kristian saving Cred Forums one step at a time.

It was from JL adventures, the psycho pirate issue, good story.

They tried with nu52
We all know how that turned out

Origin stories ARE boring.

for you

They can be boring if done improperly or retreading old ground which was already done better. A proper origin story has to have a new aspect to it.

You have to become him. We all do.

no one wants a fun superman anymore
he has to be gritty and serious

>he has to be gritty and serious
No, he doesn't

He can be serious without being gritty.