What the fuck is his problem? mary-sue thread

What the fuck is his problem? mary-sue thread

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AntiSue
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is he auctualy a mary sue in injustice i have not gotten that far yet.

If you mean in general then holy fuck your a retard

You want a Mary Sue?

Don't blame me. You asked for it.

Epiphany. Fucking. Graves.

Came here to post this bitch.

At least 99% of John's victories are Pyrrhic. Except for Injustice, but everyone who lasts more than 5 issues is one in that universe.

I won't waste drive space for a pic, but Steven.

>Outsmarts god
>Outsmarts the Devil or lords of hell
>Fucks a Lesbian

Yeah no he's TOTALLLLLYYYY not a mary-sue guys

Are you talking about Injustice Constantine or what?

Every Constantine ever

I really wish Cred Forums would learn the difference between a Mary Sue and a Byronic Hero.

>Outsmarts God
Never happened. In fact, whenever he goes up against Heaven, John ends up with the short end of the stick... just not dead.
>Outsmarts the Devils or Lords of Hell
I'll give you this, but the way he does it just so brilliant you can't help but go "Damn, that was awesome". Then again, this is the point to his character... and just what kind of person would be so sly and devilish (Pun intended) enough to pull the stops out when it comes to dealing with the forces of the damned.
>Fucks a lesbian
That was a one-off joke. Let it go.

>ultimately dies by getting shot by his niece
>Mary sue

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AntiSue

I've fucked a lesbian.
Actually the only woman I've ever fucked was a lesbian

I don't understand why people put Constantine in the Mary-sue catagory, every time i see one of these threads people always put him in these, have they never read hellblazer?

His feats taken out of context and misrepresented can seem mary sueish. Constantine himself has far too many flaws, is wrong far too often and usually only wins by ending up in a worse situation than he started. Hardly a mary sue

Maybe she turned into a lesbian after she fucked you, ever think about that?

No. She's Bi now.

Only Mary Sues in actual published fiction I remember are Alice in Resident Evil, Chris Pratt in Jurassic Park, and Ethan Hunt in the later Mission Impossibles. And two of those franchises are almost literally fan fiction.

And Rey in Episode VII

Base Cho

Mary Sue inplies John doesn't do anything wrong. John os the biggest piece of shit on earth, everything he does ye does for himself. If he were a Mary Sue, everyone would like him and he'd be a well adjusted human being without faults.

see

Nah I just think she was a really flat cliched character. She has lots and lots of skills and all that but 2nd Act only starts off because she ran into the woods flailing because she rejects her destiny and she needs to back to Notooine so her dead beat parents can finally pick her up from Soccer Practice.

I hate her so fucking much.

But that's fucking dumb.

are you talking about how she beat Darth Jon Snow in a fight?

>Never happened. In fact, whenever he goes up against Heaven, John ends up with the short end of the stick... just not dead.
There was that one time he forced god to get the devil off his back so he would not take over hell himself.

But that does not make him a mary sue he had to sell his soul to the devil for real this time to do it.

Yeah,and he's the most hated person in hell which means he's getting shit on constantly.
Also,the lesbian's gf beat the shit out of him.

Yeah out of context feats is probably it.

Although most of the its clear even out of context he has come out of it with heavy costs the holy water bit is really the only major exception.

I want Cred Forums to go and stop making these shit threads on stuff they read on the wiki did anything come out of those /qa/ threads

Prattkeeper and Hunt weren't Sues. They got hurt, had to struggle and didn't end up saving the day. They were more akin to survivors than actual one-upmanship machines. Grady had the Raptors and barely controlled them - plus, he was already an animal trainer for the Navy. Ethan gets blown out to shit time after time and has to ad-hoc his way: you even see him give his techy the stink-eye when he suggests Ethan can memeshit his way through the mission.

Alice... oh God. 100 percent in agreement with you there.

>Holy Water Bit

what are you talking about that whole thing is what started making the First of the Fallen hate him

>What the fuck is his problem?
He's been magic Batman for 5 years now

>>Outsmarts god
Once or twice i guess
>Outsmarts the Devil or lords of hell
Pretty much the whole point of the series
>Fucks a Lesbian
And got a black eye for his trouble.

I know it caused lots of trouble for him but if you just look at the page you probably would not guess at just how much it ends up biting him in the arse.

If he is a mary sue why did he not save whatshisname from Chantinelle.

That prison arc Azzarello did was pretty sueish and Books of magic did have him save Zatanna on (exaggerated) rep alone.
NuJohn Constantine is a total mary sue tho

>Sting is now too old for playing Constantine in the movies
Shite

When you say outsmart God what do you necessarily mean? Like he fooled the almighty or did he fool an angel of the lord?

as much as I loved Azzarello's run i do have to admit the prison arc was pretty bullshit, although That one story where he gets trapped with the people in the bar during a blizzard is one of my top all time favorite stories involving John

Well more like blackmailed him
It barely counts though.

>Blackmail God
Was this an Ennis thing?

>John
>Mary sue

Can you name any mary sues that get shot and killed by their niece?

>mary sue thread
>no one posts the real one

>exails himself to prison because he feels guilty being a direct influence over an innocent persons death
>causes a prison riot in which dozens of innocent prison guards are violently murdered and dismembered
>lol who cares
>walks free and absolved from any guilt

Worst arc.

>undead twin is using reality warping to fuck his life over so bad he commits mental suicide.

asks what his problem is.

I agree.
I didnt care Azz's run at all.
|
Adns NuJohn is just another magical brit for teenage girls to flick their beans too since Matt Smith stopped being the doctor.

I don't remember him meeting God directly in Ennis' run, but I think it was in Jenkins' run?

>Hellblazer finished on Milligan's weak-ass run

Still hurts, m8.

I'm so ready for Ennis to take a huge load on nuJohn. Even thought the new series seems to return him to his Vertigo roots

was still better than anything after they rolled Constantine into the main universe

Never heard off this character, can someone give me a short list of why she's a mary sue.

>Constantine using his cigs to make Wolverine claws.

Why is that so funny?

I've seen some autists claim he could beat Doom or even Thanos.

He beat Darkseid, so why not

Seems to me like he just tricked him, and both of those characters are more down to earth then Darkseid and would not be tricked by this shit. Darkseid probably underestimated him because he's mortal.

constantine never beats anyone, not really. He just staves off the inevitable. He is a chump who rolls the dice and knows how to make the chance fall in his favour. But even if it falls in his favour, it's more like a loan than a win. Constantine is always losing, he just tries to lose less

It's what he does best, mate

this
that idiot ruins the fucking show

I dropped it after the wedding. Does it get any better later on?

/thread

I fucking hate sixpack

>Mary Sue thread
>Nobody's posted this bitch yet
Shame on all of you.

Constantine loves dick and VAGINA

she got flung into a fucking tree knocked out and then when she woke up shes ready to take on an enraged force user and win how is that not mary sue

While I agree, I just can't help but like her. She inspires hope that a young cute punk girl can be into an old piece of shit.

Constantine's wife. For real.

Remeber that time when Ramona Flowers grabbed the crutch to Barry Stinson?

bump

Because her flaws were still big enough to cause a major conflict in the story.

It's not because you don't know what a Mary Sue is.

Mary Sue != Overpowered

This, she just magically knows how to mind trick out of no where

Thats basically every action hero ever dude. Waking up from what should be a concussion and then being ready for action.

Characters in their own original works can't be mary sues, just poorly written.

For starters, he's a fucking bastard. Hes done a LOT of bad shit in his life, enough to go straight to hell after he dies. He knows it, the devil knows it, and God knows it.
At one point, when he can't figure out any other way to get out of an issue, he talks to God (he did earlier in the run, and it isn't explained how he found him this time), and he basically says he sold his soul, and that once he gets to Hell, in a little while, he'd be able to take over the place and lead a new war on Heaven. God sighs, and wiped away all his sins, all while mentioning how disappointed he in in Constantine that he resorts to lies and trickery to get what he wants instead of praying and asking like a good person.

I'm probably missing some details, I haven't read Jenkin's run in a while.

I think that that's all bullshit and that God just looks after him. Because there is no way anyone could be as lucky as Constantine. Just being friends with Ellie is a huge factor in him still being around, and that literally fell into his lap. People who actually take that threat at face value are retarded. There is no way he could take over Hell, and even if he did, God is omnipotent, he can just fuck him up anytime.

I think the main problem with Constantine in general is that he is primarily characterized as an antihero with nothing much else attached. Writers focus on the antihero aspect of the character and don't tend to care about any other development; they'll just have him betray some random add-in character and be a bit of a bastard and call it a day development-wise.

It makes sense as a concept but I don't know if it fits into this context.

No?