LONG RANGE FORECAST: Doctor Strange

BoxOffice.com is projecting a $88 million opening weekend and a domestic total of $255 million, which is subjected to get bigger once the marketing blitz kicks in. They also confirmed it's being released in China, which will probably boost the worldwide total.

pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-doctor-strange-trolls-hacksaw-ridge/

Test-screenings have been very positive too. It's shaping up to be a good movie.

I liked what I saw but its just gonna have to come down to execution

So will it climb to #5 and make the top 5 highest grossing films of the year Disney?

Rogue One is coming out, too.

Yea forecasting this far in advance is literally impossible and a complete waste of time

Probably will make Ant-Man total gross.

Its 2 months user. thats not that far

Ants man was more of a family fun movie though. Trailer wasnt exactly putting out laugh material for Strange

You mean an MCU movie is going to make money? What shocking news, please keep us updated everyday about it.

OK Cred Forums calm your tits

Do they count January sales as well?
I imagine it will make the top ten in those two weeks but I don't understand if they count the gross based on the year itself or the year it came out.

>dr weirdo
>making money
Laugh while you can, marvlelcucks. Laugh while you can...

Is based on the date the movie comes out, specially since they make most of their money during the first 2 weeks

It's okay, maybe Whataburger will let you keep wonderwoman if you're a good boy.

> China
> Magic

>long range forecast
>acknowledges a change after marketing
then what is even the fucking point

>The Mermaid
The fuck is this movie?

Some RomCom who took Japan by storm.

China movie by stephen chow

Wait, this is coming out in China? A movie about magic, and otherworldly forces?

They changed the ancient one to Tilda Swinton to make up for it.

The most popular film made domestically in China in the last few years had a giant skeleton made of smaller skeletons animated by magic as its final boss.

The 'no magic or skeletons' thing is bullshit.

They added a thin veneer of science to cover their bases.

>a giant skeleton made of smaller skeletons animated by magic as its final boss.
Title. Now!

hmph, yeah right

>Finding Dory made 900 million
Jesus, and there were lots of people saying it was going to flop.
Made as much as Finding Nemo.

Teat screenings for Suicide Squad were positive too. And remember, Strange also had expensive reshoots to add quips.

It's called Wonder Woman

nostalgia + ads everywhere,it would make money even if it was crap.

the only things super banned in movies in china are time travel and tibet