> 7.66% - Image Comics
> 3.08% - Dark Horse Comics
> 1.98% - BOOM! Studios
> 1.57% - Dynamite Entertainment
> 1.19% - Titan Comics
> 1.14% - VIZ Media
> 0.83% - Oni Press
> 7.58% - Other Non-Top 10

Sauce: icv2.com/articles/markets/view/35533/comic-store-sales-blew-doors-off-august

Meanwhile:
>Among the premier publishers, Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard's The Walking Dead #157 was Image Comics' best-selling book in July at #13. IDW Publishing's TMNT Universe #1, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles spin-off, was their top book for the month at #85. Finally, Brian Wood and Mack Chater's Briggs Land #1, a new series about anti-government extremists in the American west in development as a television series for AMC, was Dark Horse Comics' top book for August at #127.

More: diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/597?articleID=108224

Other urls found in this thread:

community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?85467-August-direct-Market-sales-Marvel-has-only-one-series-in-the-top-10
marvel.com/comics/issue/59609/civil_war_ii_choosing_sides_2016_4
youtube.com/watch?v=IYcLOKzPimQ
marvel.com/news/comics/26515/sdcc_2016_inhumans_vs_x-men
bleedingcool.com/2016/07/11/those-three-deadpool-spinoff-books-foolkiller-solo-and-slapstick-for-marvel-now/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>> 39.27% - DC Entertainment
>> 30.78% - Marvel Comics
Holy shit

>4. Amazing Spider-Man #16
Slott does it again!
How does he do it, Cred Forums?

I'm kinda loving this, not gonna lie.

I can't believe Harley sells better than motherfucking Spider-Man

What a time to be alive

Based Harley, saving the industry.

>> 39.27% - DC Entertainment
>> 30.78% - Marvel Comics
>with a 10% handicap on DC for refund
>at a cheaper price

Fuck man wow.

>Black Panther Book 1: Nation Under Our Feet TP
with those jew prices too, impressive

How Monsters are made

>the market still showed solid double digit growth for the month. Diamond noted that it had shipped over 10 million non-promotional comics during August for the first time in nearly 20 years.

>The big month was enough to turn the year positive. Year to date comics and graphic novel sales to comic stores were up 2.71% through August, with nearly identical numbers for comics (up 2.66%) and graphic novels (up 2.81%).

where were you when Harley Quinn saved comics Cred Forums

Truly she is best girl

>> 1. Harley Quinn #1
>> 2. All-Star Batman #1
>> 3. Suicide Squad #1
>> 4. Amazing Spider-Man #16
>> 5. Suicide Squad Rebirth #1
Harley and SS saving Cred Forums god bless.

Movie influenced retailers

Bah. wish Nightwing was doing better. But amazing for Harley

>. All-Star Batman #1
ahahahahahahaahah just 2

THEY DID IT THE FUCKING MAD MEN DID IT BASED DC

> 6. Batman #4
> 7. Batman #5

This is ridiculous. What even happened in these issues?

>I can't believe Harley sells better than motherfucking Spider-Man
And Batman

I wish relaunches could stop selling so the big two could stop relaunching their lines every two months. Yeah, DC's first issues sell, like anyone's first issues have sold. Let's wait for Justice League #16. If that gets in the top 10 we could talk about a market change.

Supergirl of Gotham issues.

Duke.

Nothing
More issues just sold more than them

Batman always sells. And they both came the same month.

>Kirkman "Image will take over DC in the next few years."
kek

Fucking waifufaggots.

It's a comic book called Batman

This is cheating.

Highlights from Comichron article:
>August 2016 sales estimates overall may top those from 20 years ago, thanks to being a five-Wednesday month
>Diamond announced the total number of comics shipped to retailers for a month (10.26 million) for the first time ever
>DC's market shares highest since September 2013

Yup.

Slapstick, solo and prowler will save marvel

>>DC's market shares highest since September 2013
That's pretty impressive for being three months into a relaunch

Relaunches are cheating too. Big companies will do anything to boost sales, anything but write good comics.

>> 7. Batman #5
Damianfags kill it.

Hes a C list hero though.

They can coast by on Squirrel Girl and Ms. Marvel trades for a while yet, they're fine

Civil war 2 BTFO
Bendis on suicide watch

The prepared it so they could keep releasing first issues for months and months and months. The rebirths #1 and regular #1 helped a lot. In the new 52 everything started at the same time, this time they knew better.

No coasting until they change genders.

I dont think a CVII issue came in August.

Harley and her main book has been really popular even in the New 52 era. The character's so popular in fact, that she got a few spinoff titles and minis like Harley's Little Black Book and Harley and Her Gang of Harleys, as well as the occasional Specials for ComicCon and Valentines.etc.

I really can't imagine how much more popular she'll be with her getting more mainstream exposure via the Suicide Squad movie.

> 1. Harley Quinn #1
> 2. All-Star Batman #1
> 3. Suicide Squad #1

>This can't be happening! I'm in charge here!

Well, she already got secured her solo movie.

Did we even have a Civil War issue during that month, with all those fucking delays?

>filename
See Delayed due to a fucking birth.

>2. All-Star Batman
Batman sucks.

Out lord and saviour

So she's like deadpool?

Don't expect to see it in the top 10 in September either

You'll be surprised then. Every CVII issue made it to the top 10. It's an event, it'll sell no matter how shit. Also, next issue is the "big fight" issue. Will sell more than normal.

>No Civil War 2 in sight
There truly is a god.

She's literally DC's Waypool right now

Are all DC fans this retarded? No CVII issues came out that month.

Except DC is putting out some of the best books on the market

>in b4 nuh uh nuh uh they suck!

>double shipping big titles
>movie bringing up HQ and SS even more
Ehhh

read

at least he didn't spell Civil War with a fucking "V".
you fucking retard

I don't appreciate how you're talking about Marvel. They write some amazing books. Even the most recent Miles issue was great. Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I’m so distressed right now I don’t know what to do. I didn’t mean to do that to my mom but I’m literally in shock from theses sales today. I feel like I’m going to explode. Why the fucking fuck are not selling well? This can’t be happening. I’m having a fucking breakdown. I don’t want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want this event to sell well so I can at least three a year. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn’t supposed to be like this, I thought they really winning because they constantly have amazing variants and relaunches???? This is so fucked

>Are all DC fans this retarded?
The only DC-or-nothing type I know irl is also a dedicated tgwtg viewer, so—maybe?

I believe both Marvel and DC have good books. I dont expect DC retards to check out a marvel book, tho. My point is that DC sells better because they relaunched. If sales were like this for a #10+ issue then i would say you're right. Green Arrow had the same writer before relaunching and low sales.

>Infinite Comic

Kek breh I read both and Marvel has no good books right now. They axed Vision and Hercules which were the only 2 worth reading. For every 1 good book Marvel has right now DC has 3.

They're putting out good book and awful book like always
For every Green Arrow there is Justice League
For every Superman there is an Harley Quinn And, in fact, you see which sell better in those pairs

Don't act like the boost was given by some incredible increase in quality in the stories instead of a purely genuinely genius marketing campaign

Everyone knows #1s and #2s sell…but Wow. Spiderman outsold Batman…is this a bad sign for rebirth titles as they get into their 4th and 5th issues?

A curb stomp from th 5th dimension

Now those are some great news!

Good to see DC's raising of quality, being praised by the comic book readers! Now Marvel should revaluate some things and rise their quality in their books. Enough with the countless crap events. Enough with the forced diversity nonsense. Bring back the classic characters that make Marvel big in the first place, and try to write some good stories with them.

Amazing only outbeat Batman because Spider-Man's title is starting off “Dead No More: The Clone Conspiracy” while Batman's title is coming off of the “I am Gotham and duke” storyline.

So, since you said that Marvel has 0 books worth reading, you mean that DC has 0 worthy series too, since 0*3=0?

I haven't read Marvel in a long time, but how are Daredevil, Punisher, and Moon Knight? I heard Moon Knight is still pretty good, but I haven't heard anything about Daredevil.

God you ARE mentally ill.
Vision was not axed, is still coming out. They have good titles like Ultimates, Power Man and Iron Fist, New Avengers, Deadpool (yeah, it's popular AND good), Scarlet Witch... Hell, even A-Force got a god-tier artist and now it's a good book. Are you even trying? I'm not saying DC is bad, but Marvel is more than Bendis and Squirrel Girl.

I mean, I love the Batfamily so for Batman it was because of an incredible increase in quality. All of the books went from nonreadable to good to great. Can't really speak for any books outside of the Batfam.

Maybe they'll tone down the Duke bullshit.

This. Marvel is crap nowdays. I used to buy 10-15 books each month. Now barely i read 2-3 from them. Most of the characters that i loved are dead or replaced. Why bother with a company that kills off, erasing or turn to shit (because not muh rights, see X-Men), the franchises that i loved?

Every book you named is trash. Vision is axed it'll be over soon. New Avengers? Seriously what are you a little girl?

Oh shit yeah sorry forgot Moon Knight. I was enjoying Squadron but it got canned.

>Vision was not axed, is still coming out
It has two issues left

>I was enjoying Squadron but it got canned.
One last arc is in the works.

Brevoort, don't worry. Continue to piss off the fans. This is the right policy. Please continue. DC thank you for your help.

Detective Comics?

Yeah for Supergirl being in the Top 10! Based Orlando. His Midnighter deserved way more sales. Now maybe people will buy more Midnighter & Apollo.

I guess they're both alright. Image is still better.

I would say Marvel has
A-Force
Deadpool
Gwenpool
Illuminati
New Avengers
Power Man and Iron Fist
Scarlet Witch
Silver Surfer
Totally Awesome Hulk
Ultimates
Vision
Moon Knight

And DC
Deathstroke
Detective Comics
Future Quest
Supergirl
Superman
Green Arrow
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Nightwing
Superwoman
The Flintstones

Not that much of a difference.

Well I mean there was no way he would sell as well as Harley, Batman or Justice League.

Only ones on that Marvel list that are readable are TAH, Moon Knight and Vision.

For DC you forgot Batman, RhaTO and All Star.

Enjoy your big sales drops after a few months Captain M[arlel].

it's scary to think that these are real people and not Cred Forums-trolls

You say that like it wont happen to DC.

Madness begins when you get to appreciation threads.
Oh boy.

Given today, DC's future sales drops might get close to standard attrition.

I'm not that user, but right now Batman isn't that great in my opinion, particularly if confronted with Vision
It's a nice set-up for future stories, but it could have been much better

This is not the problem Captain M. The problem is that Marvel sucks nowdays. Outsell it's not a big problem. A relaunch and other usual Marvel gimmicks good do it. Rise up the current shitty quality though, this is the main headache, so they don't drop after a couple of months.

Red Hood and the Outlaws is shocking. I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it.

Spider-Man? Really? How cucked are marvelcucks?

that weird, the was a poll in CBR telling us that 70% of their userbase is not hype for Marvel now.

>7. Batman #5
?

>“If we keep on our current trajectory, we’ll overtake DC in less than five years,” predicts Kirkman, who has been a partner in the company since 2008. “Then it’s just a hop, skip, and a jump to toppling Marvel.”

>Wasp avatar
>there'll be Wasp comic
>Janet galore
You bet your ass dude will shill.

She's really more like the Tick, but yes you can say Deadpool because that's all you know.

you have a terrible taste if you like gwenpool

well since squirrel girl is getting he own tv show, yeah they will

That's New Warriors but almost in name only.

I don't think it's going to change. The only thing that might spike Marlel's sales is death of x / x vs i, but then again, it's not a Big Wide Event, it's mostly a crossover between two series

don't remind me about this blasphemy

Not too hard to top the charts when you're writing one of the most popular superheroes there is

What does Image have

Ant Man is good too

Been waiting a long time for these guess im not going to bed tonight.

>> 10. Harley Quinn & The Suicide Squad: An Adult Coloring Book TP
haha, wtf?

It really is hard to be mad at the sucess of harley quinn because holy shit the sales.

>“If we keep on our current trajectory, we’ll overtake DC in less than five years,”
This was the actual quote, and it was truth. Image was experience a growth period and Kirkman was talking about how crazy their trajectory was. Obviously he wasn't to imply they would actually take over the big two.

Except dcs sales just keep growing and growing thats unheard of.

>Batman Rebirth 199,807
>Batman 1 280,360 (+40%)
>Batman 2 177,105 (-37%)
>Batman 3 168,939 (-5%)

>Superman Rebirth 118,434
>Superman 1 105,380 (-11%)
>Superman 2 101,953 (-3%)
>Superman 3 97,606 (-4%)

>Wonder Woman Rebirth 94,458
>Wonder Woman 1 107,737 (+14%)
>Wonder Woman 2 103,759 (-4%)
>Wonder Woman 3 94,465 (-9%)

Other than the absolutely crazy Batman first issue jump, retention has been really good for DC so far. Even then, the Batman drop was really moderate looking big picture.

Isent market share units rather then dollars.
Still really fucking impressive

can you post the green arrow numbers, please?

>Diamond announced the total number of comics shipped to retailers for a month (10.26 million) for the first time ever
Diamond themselves are so fucking excited about incressed overall sales there going out of there way to point it out.

In 15 years i will be telling my nieces and nephews about the time dc saved comics.

>Green Arrow had the same writer before relaunching and low sales.
Its not writing changes that made rebirth great it was editorial.

God dam dogfucker is writing an amazing book right now.

Marvels relaunches are never this sucesfull

Harleys book is better then it ever was diring the nu52.
Admitidly it is the exact same style of humor still so if you hated it before you will still hate it now.

I'd like to know this as well. Never read any Image comics.

Green Lanterns is okay, but it's a fun book with good character bits, just wish it had better art.

Nobody expected "fun buddy cop adventure" when they announced Humphries on it though.

>Green Arrow Rebirth 81,760
>Green Arrow 1 69,833 (-17%)
>Green Arrow 2 72,849 (+4%)
>Green Arrow 3 72,864 (+0%)

Green Arrow sales are increasing or bucking attrition and holding steady. :o

When's the last time a Green Arrow book has done this well?

Im a little sad new super-man did not make it guess we will have to wait and see if it fell a lot.

Holy shit what the fuck. Guess word of mouth works to help promote it.

Kevin Smith's run

That's what happen when you're by far the best Rebirth book
And being a B-list hero at best helps too, since you will not have people buying the first issues "because it's Batman, everyone loves him" just to later drop him when they find out they don't actually like comics

Dc saving comics yet again by training the next generation of colorists

>4 of the Marvel titles on the list are ending

nice. I've been spreading the word on this book.

These numbers are what shops are ordering and the first two issues were almost impossible to get in my city since the shops didn't order enough. So I think it could have done even better than those numbers show

>Im a little sad new super-man did not make it guess we will have to wait and see if it fell a lot.
Keep in mind, this Top 10 consists of:

>Harley
>Batman
>Harley
>Spider-Man
>Harley
>Batman
>Batman
>Justice League
>Harley
>Supergirl (!!!)

New Super-Man sales could be increasing for all we know, because most any of those could easily be #1 in a given month.

Jesus fuck. I don't remember if I even seen retention numbers like that in big name ongoings.

At this rate there going to have to give dc a seperate top 10 list so the other publishers get a chance.

I hope it's still doing well, it's one of my favorite Rebirth titles.

Is there something I don't get about the character?
I've yet to read his latest issue, but the ones before didn't really seem that great a thing. Not bad, but nothing to write about Just like Nightwing

> 39.27% - DC Entertainment
> 30.78% - Marvel Comics
> 7.66% - Image Comics
> 3.08% - Dark Horse Comics
> 1.98% - BOOM! Studios
> 1.57% - Dynamite Entertainment
> 1.19% - Titan Comics
> 1.14% - VIZ Media
> 0.83% - Oni Press
> 7.58% - Other Non-Top 10
Poor idw you were on the up and up not long ago.

>DC making comics people want and are making sure their customers are happy?
>Well, I guess if they want to double-down on a losing strategy then go ahead.

Didn't they pull out of Diamond? I guess they won't list them anymore

Oh really

>Catalog
They pulled their trade sales for non-industry retailers (bookstores, etc.) out of Diamond, so they'll still be around but likely see a drop in their statistics here for trades.

I kind of feel sad for marvel they had a winner with vision and despite pushing the shit out of it it floped.
Flintstones seems to be flopping to.

It's fun and I always love stories that develop international heroes rather than everything taking place in America.

Don't be. Marvel didn't deserve King. Look what happened with Soule, and look what is happening with Ewing. Both would be much better at DC

Reminder that DC is doing this while publishing less books that are also much cheaper.

>Flintstones flopping
Really? I thought it was holding steady

>where were you when Harley Quinn saved comics Cred Forums
I was laying in after spending to long fapping so i stayed up far to late.
Then i saw harley quinn saved comics so i aint sleeping tonight im discussing it with you faggots instead.

Leave fester alone he did nothing to deserve this.

What marketing campaign?
DC sucks at marketing.

Im just going off what the reviews said to be honest.
I know the first issue did kind of crap but thats to be expected we will have to wait for more numbers to come in.

Why do you think it's holding steady when we only have first issue sales and it sold like 43k with multiple variants

So are the rest of the Batfamily books flopping?

This is fantastic not only for dc but the whole dam industry its not just dc stealing sales from marvel its a massive overall boost in sales.

Shame about the lcss that could maybe have survived thanks to this if they had stayed open a few more months.

>Top 10 books
>#1s and Batman
So same as it is every month?

>So are the rest of the Batfamily books flopping?
Tec and King Batman .

Manifest Destiny
Sex
Jupiter's Legacy/Circle
East of West
Lazarus
The Black Monday Murders
Kill or Be Killed

Plus a lot of others but these are confirmed GOOD/GREAT

>yfw Nightwing ends up having one more issue selling 100k+
Would Cred Forums admit that Grayson was a mistake?

>where were you when Harley Quinn saved comics Cred Forums
It;s more like Harley is saving porn. Have you seen the amount of Harley porn out there now?

Maybe I didn't use the right word, but I'm talking about the fact that, starting with an 80 pages comics for 3$, they publicized it as a return to the old splendor, where everything that went wrong with New52 is going to be cancelled, to the point that you will find multiple people saying that they did everything right and all series are masterpieces, that Justice League is just misunderstood

Than they made the comics bi-monthly with a price cut. Particularly the former is important, since it made extremely decompressed comics far easier to appreciate/bear, like Action Comics, while also increasing the retention rate (it's much easier to stop buying something that comes out once every month than something that comes out every two weeks)

??? What's that mean?

Not much imo
I know riley reid is trying to do a thing now but other than her no

Faster Than Light
Autumnlands
Monstress

Everybody I've talked to who has read it liked it, the 2nd issue sold out quickly at my lcs

That book was excellent but just didn't have the right branding behind it. Thankfully it's allowing Seeley to give us a non terrible Nightwing run.

Ah wait here we are it appears op or his source accidentally deleted idws data

IDW PUBLISHING 4.92%
4th place nice

Detective comics

Have those ever been big sellers? I thought they stayed just above cancellation? Will there be a bigger August list to see?

>anecdotal evidence
user Harley Quinn sells like shit at my LCS but she's consistently been one of DC's best sellers in like every format including merch

Is sex any good? I only remember "meh" feedback when it first came out

Also don't forget Beauty, Nailbiter, The Fix, they do Tokyo Ghost right?

>Is sex any good?
I've never had it. Couldn't tell ya.

It's not.

Depends on who you have it with.

Correct me if I wrong, but I feel like many Marvel writers have more than 1 book ongoing with the company, while no DC writer has more than 1 book (on DC). Maybe that has something to do with the quality.

search one of the many video sites and you will get at least a full page of hits. Some cam stuff Anna Molli has a REALLY good one some amateur and some parody stuff.

None of those are good.

Harley really is Waypool 2.0

King wrote few books at the same time at DC.
The point is Marvel wanted to make King exclusive, and they failed. Thank god

Ok now I understand your point.

I thought Soul and Erwin became shit because of that. But who knows. Maybe Stan Lee is absorbing their writing abilities to keep himself alive.

They did. Both because of being exclusive, but also because Stan Lee is a trans-succubus

OhYou.png

Detective Comics 934 96,581
Detective Comics 935 94,015 (-3%)
Detective Comics 936 100,626 (+7%)
Detective Comics 937 92,172 (-8%)

Tec is holding pretty steady overall, really. We'll have to see the numbers on Nightwing, Batgirl and Birds of Prey this month.

What are these about? I have no idea how to get information on them.

you are the reason western comics suck.

It's kind of a slow burn but it has gotten much better.

You know that thing you are using? You know, the internet? Yeah, you know it has search capabilities? Do you know you can actually find information on your searches?

>Nightwing,
Nightwing, sales more thew bledingcool guy says it,

Huh more than Tec? Thats hard to believe.

Manifest Destiny is about a reimagined Lewis and Clark expedition into the Western Americas. Except its full crazy monsters and other "races" then just Native American indians. It's a alternative history/horror/adventure comic.
It really has been consistanly great.

>Nightwing still selling amazing
Grayson lovers btfo
dc knows what fans like

>DC knows what fans like
Yeah a blue fucking nightwing, not a shitty red one.

yeah
at the streamed rebirth panel people were more excited about dick in a blue outfit than about grayson in general

>dc knows what fans like
Yeah, Dick Grayson in any form and costume. If Grayson was relaunched as a Rebirth title, it would have made more or less the same numbers( especially because the story wouldn't have changed since the writer is the same of Grayson). You are greatly overstimating the power of the Nightwing brand

Holy shit.

Grayson fan here, I'm afraid not. Maybe it would've done better under Rebirth than DCYou, but there were a lot of fans acting full-blown autistic over muh blue Nightwing and muh fingerstripes. And they were all freaking out about the blue costume reveal, and about "finally" getting to read Nightwing again.
There was a lot of NOT MUH regarding Grayson, sadly.

>You lived to see Breevort eat shit
>You lived to see Based DC saved comics

90% of the time for the past few years, the Top 10 list will be mostly filled with:

>#1 Issues
>Batman
>Spider-Man
>Event
>Maybe Justice League
>Occasionally Walking Dead

people don't know quality I guess

>10/15 Amazing Spider-Man #1 - 265,073 [+9,953] [+9,247]
>10/15 Amazing Spider-Man #2 - 111,322 (-58.0%)
>11/15 Amazing Spider-Man #3 - 93,848 (-15.7%)
>12/15 Amazing Spider-Man #4 - 82,066 (-22.6%)
>12/15 Amazing Spider-Man #5 - 79,122 (- 3.6%)
>01/16 Amazing Spider-Man #6 - 76,517 (- 3.3%)
>02/16 Amazing Spider-Man #7 - 75,357 (- 1.5%)
>02/16 Amazing Spider-Man #8 - 71,599 (- 5.0%)
>03/16 Amazing Spider-Man #9 - 88,164 (+23.1%)
>04/16 Amazing Spider-Man#10 - 73,643 (- 16.5%)
>04/16 Amazing Spider-Man#11 - 67,446 (- 8.4%)
>05/16 Amazing Spider-Man#12 - 74,963 (+11.1%)
>06/16 Amazing Spider-Man#13 - 65,519 (-12.6%)
>06/16 Amazing Spider-Man#14 - 65,646 (+ 0.2%)
>AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #15 (MAR) - 87,994
ASM does not sell Batman well so for it to be above Batman is certainly something.

>people circlejerking over the fact that a bunch of #1 issues a dominating sales

The real test is if DC can maintain this sales dominance after Marvel's 5th relaunch of the decade.

And anyway you faggots should be concerned more on the overall quality of the books, not the sales numbers. Sales don't equal quality after all

Guys. Vaginakin. Dickgirls and cuntboys.

Marvel fans. DC fans. Minority publisher fans. Fans who climb on rocks.

An unfunny Harley Quinn book is outselling the entire industry.

There is no reason whatsoever for anyone to be celebrating or gloating.

>>people circlejerking over the fact that a bunch of #1 issues a dominating sales
It's like you can't read that the Rebirth stuff is actually retaining readers really well and are just going back to the standard "Well they're a bunch of #1s!!!!" cry.

It's not really just #1s but the drops for the rest of the issues not being so severe. Like JL, Harley, and Batman will be thanks to having that high of sales, but everything else is dropping from #1-#2 like 20% at most.

Hell, Green Arrow is basically the same throughout the first 4 issues and it's been said it actually went up from the first month to the second, and that it's one of two books in the entire industry that's been reported to have done that.

>The real test is if DC can maintain this sales dominance after Marvel's 5th relaunch of the decade.

I think people are taking to the overall direction of DC moreso than the fact that it's a relaunch.

I doubt Marvel's relaunch is going to be as effective this time. The fact that they're relaunching what should their flagship book (Avengers) with the same creative team that couldn't get it in the top 50 should be indicative that no course correction is going to happen on their part for a while.

Its also killing it on Amazon

>Harley is #1
>Black Panther's trade selling this well

Cred Forums BTFO

>Harley Quinn sold more than any other comic book in America
>HARLEY QUINN OUTSOLD BATMAN AND SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!
This is the dawn of a new age!

just kill me

I wish it were a good written Harley, but eh that's how things are

this

Fucking justice league in top ten? Wtf. People like to eat shit?

Harley Quinn is officially A-list now.

It's going to be REAL fascinating how her sales will keep up.

B-But we were on The View! "Hail Hydra!" & a social media sensation!

It's the second issue. We'll probably see some drops at some point. If it hasn't dropped hard by #6, then your statement would apply.

Amazing

Daredevil had his last arc completely 180'd after Waid. They gave him a black costume, rewrote him into being a prosecutor for the state of New York, made his identity secret again because FUCK continuity, made Foggy hate his guts for no reason, made Kirsten McDuffy disappear, and introduced a sidekick/apprentice called Blindspot, an Asian teen with no powers at all and a podunk stealth suit.

DD is royally fucked. Writing, art, presentation, it's all dead now.

That's what bugs me about it, it seemed like they rolled back shit likely because of the TV show.

Any fan art of Stan Lee as Parasite or Shang Tsung?

>Your celebrity's SOUL is MINE

I did hear about that. I remember someone calling it a scorched earth restart. I have been reading some of the better Daredevil stories and wanted to see how it's doing right now. Is it really doing that bad at the moment?

High selling #1's are guaranteed (look at the preorders of Champions), but this is also due to rampant speculator nonsense from Variant covers

But really my point was that we shouldn't be celebrating high sales just yet; we should be celebrating good comics. Sales threads just leads to more shitposting, we could use less of that

It was a combination of that and the status quo that Waid was leaving wasn't exactly very appealing.

It's really bad. I cancelled my subscription the minute I finished the first issue of this bullshit reboot back to #1 even though they just HAD a fucking goddammed #1 relaunch during Waid's run. It's absolutely pathetic.

>I-it's only gonna be for that one month
>D-DC's only riding that #1 Hype Train
>T-they're gonna fall back
>J-just you see Marvel Now II is gonna make it all better

I can't wait to see those salty cucks in Bleeding Cool, Outhousers, and CBR explain this one.

they can't blame Batman sales this time. Marvel is literally getting beat by a girl.

>Vision
2 issues left
>Ultimates
relaunched
>Power Man and Iron Fist
only being kept for Netflix Hype
>New Avengers
USAvengers now lol
>Deadpool
Cuckpool you mean ;) the present segments are still good and the throwback issues are great but can't stanad the fucking 2099 parts
>Scarlet Witch
>Implying I read books with female leads
>A-Force
>See above

Despite as good as all these titles are, they'll all be editorially required to tie-in on the next fucking event Marlel has going on and clean up whatever dumbshit OoC moments there were. A-Force retconned out Tit-Seeking Missiles, Ultimates retconned out Thanos being retarded and explained why the heavy hitters where standing back during the Thanos fight. I'm not gonna fucking buy a book that I know will just be there to advertise an event, fucking Prowler's first 5 issues are gonna be fucking Clone Conspiracy Tie-Ins not gonna buy that shit for sure

>Half of the top 10 is Batman related

Sorry can't cheer for this.

Where did the this copypasta originate from?

>the only reason why marvel's got a majority of the market shares is because they keep releasing #1's and relaunches

>dc relaunches
>a bunch of #1 dc titles hit the shops
>BASED DEECEE SAVING COMICS!!!

wew

Spectacular

> 1. Harley Quinn #1
> 2. All-Star Batman #1
> 6. Batman #4
> 7. Batman #5
> 9. Harley Quinn #2
Yes sir, it looks like Detective Comics Comics is on top again.

I do love that Civil War page of Spidey

Thing is, it's actually pretty different from Marvel's usual relaunches. It's actually bringing in lapsed fans and the sales aren't dropping hard like a normal Marvel relaunch. Below are the sales for the first wave during June and July 2016:

>Action Comics 957 75,349
>Action Comics 958 75,661 (+0%)
>Action Comics 959 83,337 (+10)
>Action Comics 960 75,710 (-9%)

>Aquaman Rebirth 68,369
>Aquaman 1 77,041 (+13%)
>Aquaman 2 70,500 (-8%)
>Aquaman 3 68,360 (-4%)

>Batman Rebirth 199,807
>Batman 1 280,360 (+40%)
>Batman 2 177,105 (-37%)
>Batman 3 168,939 (-5%)

>Detective Comics 934 96,581
>Detective Comics 935 94,015 (-3%)
>Detective Comics 936 100,626 (+7%)
>Detective Comics 937 92,172 (-8%)

>Flash Rebirth 89,618
>Flash 1 100,392 (+12%)
>Flash 2 103,308 (+3%)
>Flash 3 97,334 (-6%)

>Green Arrow Rebirth 81,760
>Green Arrow 1 69,833 (-17%)
>Green Arrow 2 72,849 (+4%)
>Green Arrow 3 72,864 (+0%)

>Green Lanterns Rebirth 99,504
>Green Lanterns 1 84,910 (-5%)
>Green Lanterns 2 82,062 (-3%)
>Green Lanterns 3 78,708 (-4%)

>Superman Rebirth 118,434
>Superman 1 105,380 (-11%)
>Superman 2 101,953 (-3%)
>Superman 3 97,606 (-4%)

>Wonder Woman Rebirth 94,458
>Wonder Woman 1 107,737 (+14%)
>Wonder Woman 2 103,759 (-4%)
>Wonder Woman 3 94,465 (-9%)

Long story short: Aquaman, Batman, Green Lanterns, Superman, Wonder Woman have displayed standard reader attrition with drops being soft overall. Detective Comics, Flash have essentially remained flat. Action Comics, Green Arrow are slowly adding readers.

We’ll see how the first wave of titles is continuing once the issue numbers for August come. We’ll also get a better sense at how the second wave (Green Lantern Corps, Justice League, Nightwing) are doing overall.

No, whether you like Slott or not(t), he's not just coasting on the success of Spider-Man. The book has been consistently extra-popular since at least the Superior Spider-Man gimmick.

Some of that might not be Slott's success so much as the failure of writers to keep books like Avengers and X-Men in the top 10, but he's doing something right even if he sucks.

I think maybe Slott's secret is he's writing a book that is basically old-fashioned and comfortable and familiar in its take on the franchise. He's not trying to make it into something new like Hickman did with Avengers and he's not trying to make social points for our era. ASM is kind of the comfy Marvel book.

>Slott does it again!
>How does he do it, Cred Forums?
Basically by starting an event. It's the first issue of Dead No More.

>IDW PUBLISHING 4.92%
>4th place nice
I wonder if that will go up after Revolution? So far only Transformers and Turtles are carrying them. I want to see at least Micronauts get some love considering how fun it's become.

what a strange beast Rebirth is

Its true that sales dont equal quality but its good to see quality selling

>Dick Grayson
>C-list

black and white picture of a hook and a fish head.png

Its not unfunny you just dont like the style of humor.

Somebody should be whiped for that aromatic joke though.

It will be a less than a quarter of what it is now by February.

Harley is popular with people that don't read comics regularly. it will still sell far above cancellation numbers but she'll fall out of the top ten.

He normally can't even do better than dc's other a list heroes

I think there mlp comics might start to claw there way to the top after there recent general boost in quality and the huge surge in female comic readers thanks to harley quinn.

And im almost completly certain revolution will flop.

Its fucking black magic i tell you.
Thing is we all know for dc magic has a cost but those few bad titles are not a big enough cost.

Wheres the fucking cost

People actually read the mlp comics?
>And im almost completly certain revolution will flop.
Doubt it.
At least amongst people who are familiar with Transformers or IDW in general, there's hype.

And the trade will do gangbusters in bookstores and Hot Topics.

>Hot Topics.

I don't really get this insult when the store sells MCU stuff & Big Bang Theory graphic tees.

Damn. Well I do want to look into it, but I guess I'll keep my expectations low

People are kind of used to Goth Hot Topic, and to be fair they still sell stuff based around it. But yeah they've kind of become the "pop culture" store in the last few years.

They were selling these guys since last month and I don't think they would've fit the old store.

Well not top top but better then they have been doing.

I am expecting a boost in sales to females across the industry though.

As for revolution im probably just projecting my own hatred of the concept.

>Snyder still selling even when not on the main bat book
Damn, color me impressed.

A lot of people actually liked his work on Batman, is a reason why he's one of the star writers DC has left, and why DC put King on Batman, so he could get fans from his Batman too.

I liked his run for the most part. The only one I really wasn't a fan of was BatGordon.

I thought BatGordon was just okay only because I thought it was better than Death of the Family.

MAKE CAPESHIT GREAT AGAIN

New Daredevil is decent, don't listen to the other user. The only real negative about it is that it's not drawn by Chris Samnee.

It's just staying an objective fact. I happen to know there was a metric ton of Harley Quinn merchandise front-and-center at my local mall's Hot Topic, and that was BEFORE Suicide Squid. I swear to god, I honestly saw a landwhale in HQ cosplay walking out of there on the day it was released.

>Flintstones flopping

This fucking kills me, I've been loving this book.

Marvel put the vision #1 in there best selling trade and it still could not sell.

Flintstones is sadly doomed.

I'm a cartoonfag, why do people like/care about harley quinn?

Most interesting love triangle in comics for me.

But there are several other reasons for her sucess i dont have time to list as im about to walk into work

That's cause the poll could be answered by people who don't post on the boards.

>CBR

Well there is this:

community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?85467-August-direct-Market-sales-Marvel-has-only-one-series-in-the-top-10

>I'm a cartoonfag
You should understand then. Harley is a cartoon character in the DC universe. She's wild and unpredictable. Fun-loving but dangerous. It's mostly a facade though. She pretends to be a ditz because that's what she thinks Joker wants, but she's surprisingly clever and insightful when she wants to be. She's even led her own gangs.

S A L T Y
A
L
T
Y

It's Twilight all over again but far less obnoxious

marvel.com/comics/issue/59609/civil_war_ii_choosing_sides_2016_4

The movies maybe ?

>DC put out 1/4 less books
>charge $1 less
>August had a 5th Wednesday
>DC put out basically nothing but a couple of annuals
>Marvel put out their regular books
Even with more books, a higher price and a full extra week of sales Marvel still lost. The fuck is going on at Marvel? Scholastic can only buy so many Champions books

>Top 10 Comics
> 1. Harley Quinn #1
Beats Batman for #1
Has 2 solo titles and 2 Suicide Squad titles in top 10.
Solo movie already in the works.

This ... this isn't how I wanted to win, bros.

Sad Superdad didn't make the top ten.

But, I am satisfied with how the first finished up and we can finally get to Clark and Jon's adventures in the new universe.

>Normies being indoctrinated to have waifu's
>A bad thing

>Waifus become a common subject among normies
Just end me

Is that solo movie the animated one, or the rumored live action one?

Yes

I know that movie adaptations lead to higher TPB sales, but do single issues usually get such a big boost from movie versions being released?

The month the movie comes out yes

>but do single issues usually get such a big boost from movie versions being released?
Depends: TWD was popular but not NEARLY as popular before the tv show.

Harley prior to SS movie was so popular she had 3 ongoing titles at the same fucking time:
Harley Quinn
Harley's Little Black Book
Harley and her gang of Harleys
As well as several one-shots/specials ... so it's both the movie and the fact that she's DC's Wolverine at this point.

One big issue is that comics often don't look anything like movies/tv, though. For example if you're a causal who's a fan of Teen Titans/Young Justice or Avengers and you pick up a comic ... you'll almost certainly put it right back down again.

They're shipping 1/3rd the amount of books Marvel is and are beating them in market share.

And they say characterfags kill the industry, if anything characterfags are saving DC

Apparently DC fans hate Harley, except if she's selling better than Marvel.

And people say company wars fags are a myth.

>And they say characterfags kill the industry, if anything characterfags are saving DC
Characterfags are essential to the industry. Look at Marvel. Waifufags are all they got right now.

>slowly watch moe-ism and waifu-ism take further hold on the industry, just as it did in Japan

>wonder if there's a negative to all this, like there was in Japan.

The problems come when it starts to become ALL about this sort of thing.

I don't even understand this. Did all it really need for Green Arrow to sell was for him to be back with Dinah? It's crazy how popular this series is right now.

I don't know where exactly, but I still get a giggle at it.
youtube.com/watch?v=IYcLOKzPimQ

It was from a Bernie supporter.

So how much Marvel will outsell DC when pic related published? For how many thousands of copies will surpass the number2 in the top ten?

>I want this event to sell well so I can at least three a year.

It'll be #1 if they meet their rumored 400k sales goal by basically forcing LCSes to buy it in order to get variants and other incentives. Everything else in the Top 10 will be DC though. So really, kind of like this month but the #4 goes to the #1 spot instead followed by a complete lack of the #2 issue appearing in the Top 10 next month.

Familiarity.

See, this is why The New 52 failed. You can't just wipe people's mind. People are atached to what they know.

You can't just take a Superman who's happily married and goes to visit his mom on the weekends and wipe his history in order to replace him with a miserable Superman who's hate-fucking Wonder Woman.

Or take liberal Green Arrow who had finally married Black Canary and kill all his big family, take away his brief and long overdo happiness and replace him with a younger and hipper Green Arrow who's basically Steve Jobs with bow and arrows.

Well, you can, but readers will find it odd and chances are will lose them. The same is happening with Marvel Comics with their constant changes to status quo and replacement of established characters.

People like stabilization and familiarity. You can change things and do new things, yes, but with moderation and preferably building on top of what's known. Not with scourged Earth approach.

Marvel's #1's will sell a lot, but mainly because they put out 50 variants with 1:1000 incentives to inflate sales numbers. Then they'll tank hard and start over again next year. There's no conceivable way Marvel NOWer will have the longevity Rebirth is having.

You know they would if they figured out a way to do it.

You sir are wrong.

Jimmy Palmiotti being the highest selling Writer in The industry is cause to celebrate.

Also this version of Harley has been triggering people like DCWKA since issue one and that is fantastic.

To top is off Harley is the highest selling title written and starring a woman.

Yes Harley in her skanky Suicide Squad costume, way pooling it up has outsold all of the Squirrel Girl, Ms Marvel, Hellcat, Whor and Cucka.

These are reasons to celebrate.

>Or take liberal Green Arrow who had finally married Black Canary and kill all his big family, take away his brief and long overdo happiness and replace him with a younger and hipper Green Arrow who's basically Steve Jobs with bow and arrows.

Still, Lemire's GA was pretty dope.

So no big number 1 from DC to counter this? Isn't Trinity publishing in the same month? I can see the headlines: diversity group beats Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman.

>It's crazy how popular this series is right now.
I really liked the Hawkeye series from Marvel a few years ago; and started watching the Arrow CW series which got me interested enough to read the older tpbs by Grell, Winick, and Smith.

I didn't care for the Nu52 version at all (and the show went to absolute shit).

So I was pretty hyped for Rebirth and this version is much more entertaining (to me) and it really doesn't hurt that it's easily one of the PRETTIEST books that DC's putting out at the moment.

>There's no conceivable way Marvel NOWer will have the longevity Rebirth is having.
This. I'm not a company fag but this time last year I was reading 3 marvel for every 1 dc ... now that's reversed. The current previews for marvel now-er looks like the mouse's answer to dcyou, rather than rebirth: they're giving solo books to most of deadpool's 'mercs 4 money' ffs! Solo gets an ongoing! Slapstick gets an ongoing! Foolkiller gets an ongoing! Prowler gets an ongoing!

Most of that shit is going to tank HARD.

And I hope it does. And I hope that death of x and inhumans vs x-men tank even HARDER. Then maybe we'll get a marvel rebirth and I can even out my pull list.

>So no big number 1 from DC to counter this? Isn't Trinity publishing in the same month?
They don't really need to. Trinity will likely get 6-figure sales, but nothing is going to touch Champions at 400k with Marvel pulling every sales trick in their book in order to get a headline. Which is fine, I'm sure DC would rather have Rebirth have continued massive sales overall rather than a blip on the radar for a headline. Which when you look at the Black Panther sales, Captain Hydra, dead Hulk, etc. and accompanying press releases really just shows what Marvel's priority is right now.

>ICv2 accidentally forgot IDW's data
ftfy

>retailers
FTFY

A lot of people outside of Cred Forums honestly revere Snyder's run as the GOAT.

>Guys want to be batman, the guy who stands for justice and fighting to protect others
>Girls want to be harley, a psychotic narcissist with an uncurable bad boy craving of the worst sort and no regard for anyone but herself
Could the world make any more sense than it does right now?

>TFW DC will inevitably fuck up Rebirth and the industry will be back on life support

By the third issue, retailers basically know how they're going to sell and you can get a good look at how a series is doing starting from there. Hence why there's big discrepancies with the #1s and Rebirth specials compared to the #2s and #3s, which are showing really strong holds overall.

>batman, the guy who stands for justice and fighting to protect others
You misspelled Superman, Sparky. Batman is all about vengeance. Like: literally knocking someone's teeth down their throat levels of vengeance.

I'm just suprised Snyder's book beat the main Bat book. I mean, I knew he always had fans, but I honestly thought more people would care about King's since it's the main book and Snyder wouldn't have as many readers. But hey, good on Snyder.

>By the third issue, retailers basically know how they're going to sell and you can get a good look at how a series is doing starting from there.
Given that I'm dropping Flash, Batman (both vanilla and All-Star), and Justice League (but gave all of them but JL a full arc to decide) I doubt this is an entirely reliable metric.

However it's hard to argue with the numbers that have actually gone UP each issue after the second like Green Arrow.

> 2. Batman: The Killing Joke Special Edition HC
Is there anyone on the planet that doesn't own TKJ at this point? It's on the top Graphic Novel sales every week.

>Given that I'm dropping Flash, Batman (both vanilla and All-Star), and Justice League (but gave all of them but JL a full arc to decide) I doubt this is an entirely reliable metric.
That's how attrition works, user. Retailer order an amount, they have an issue or two left over. Retailer orders an amount of another issue, they have an issue or two left over. People try things out for awhile and don't pick it up after they feel like they don't want to anymore.

>I'm just suprised Snyder's book beat the main Bat book.
It's actually about Batman.

King's book is about Not-Supegirl, Not-Robin and (if the foreshadowing is to be believed) their oh-so-tragic romance.

I chuckled at Kite-Man and Colonel Blimp but I don't give to shits about Gotham and Lark.

The only chance is when they decide to actually bring out Dr. Manhattan, it could easily turn out terrible. But that probably won't be for at least a year or two.

Snyder's written Batman for 5 years since the launch of the New-52. For a significant segment of the current comic reading population, his Batman is their Batman.

>But that probably won't be for at least a year or two.
I dunno: Mr Oz showed up in Action (snagged Doomsday on his way to The Phantom Zone) and 'Tec (snagged Tim on his way to being dead). Current theory is that post-rebirth he's Ozymandias.

we think it's Ozy it's gonna be Superboy Prime collecting

The hilarious thing about this is Cred Forums is cheerleading DC winning while actively hating Harley quinn with a passion
4 of her books made the top 10 and they are still happy about marvel losing

top company wars

Yeah the irony is palpable with the fact that the main ones bitching for years about DC not having female writers or female characters get showcased and when you finally have a female writer get the #1 book that stars a female character

They instead get mad and bitch about the fact that its not batgirl or supergirl

DC was right to abandon those fans but pay them lip service and expose how hypocritical they are in regard to how Harley has been growing.

it's the ending of the first arc

marvel is going to be interesting when they walk back all this crazy stuff they are doing

they are definitely going to line up their own rebirth next year for sure

Not mention, DC also had like 13 fewer titles on the stands too.

I've never been interested in Harley when it comes to comics, but how good they usually?

>Cred Forums is cheerleading DC winning while actively hating Harley quinn with a passion
Because Cred Forumsntrarians, user. They're rooting for DC because DC's been the underdog for years, not because they actually care about the characters or even the company; they hate Harley because she IS popular.

Same reason they're ecstatic about Suicide Squad doing as well as it did but hate Avengers (and will shit all over the Harley solo).

Cred Forums hates both modern day Marvel Comics and Harley Quinn
They just hate modern day Marvel Comics more

>Cred Forums is cheerleading DC winning while actively hating Harley quinn with a passion
It's not about company wars. Harley and Batman selling is good. Anything selling naturally in massive amounts in this dying niche medium is good. Harley and Batman sales essentially subsidize niche books that are made for artistic purposes rather than sales. Harley and Batman are giving us Young Animal and the future Deadman mini. Tell your normie friends to buy Harley, Batman and hell just any DC book in general so I can get my artsy books.

As someone that'd never read a Harley solo before Rebirth I've gotta say I was surprised....it was actually pretty fun, gave me a few legit chuckles. I wonder how long I'll find it amusing before it starts to wear on me though.

These figures never tracked sales to non-industry retailers anyway so there will be no change at all.

>>Harley Quinn sells being like Daniel Way's Deadpool
>>Current good Deadpool is not selling

Huh

>Gosh darn those people with a multitude of varying opinions! They all need to stick to the hivemind or by golly there will be heck to pay!

>they are definitely going to line up their own rebirth next year for sure
Doubtful: they've already got IvX and Death of X in the works and those are several months out yet:
marvel.com/news/comics/26515/sdcc_2016_inhumans_vs_x-men

Also they'll be really really resistant to the idea (remember that they literally just HAD a rebirth deal at the end of Secret Wars even if they chose to more or less keep everything the same outside a few books like Daredevil).

Still: from your lips to God's ears.

They are not your typical cape comic
Its very on the nose humor(quality depends on taste) and over the top violence
very much a black comedy book
I usually like her minis and one shots more than the main book

>Tell your normie friends to buy Harley, Batman and hell just any DC book

That's stupid. Those books will sell regardless. You should be encouraging people to check out the Young Animal books, if anything.

waypool is more looney tunes siliness
Harley Quinn is like Laverne and Shirley
not seeing the comparison outside the odd "reference" moment

>You should tell normies who want straight bread-and-butter capeshit to read weird quirky art books.
Never tell your audience what it should want, user. That's Marvel's problem right now. If they're open to the weird shit, then by all means encourage them. But forcing shit that's probably not for them onto them is dumb.

But they have been steadily improving.

Then again suicide squad should have been a lot better then it was maybe thats the cost they wont be able to do better then squad.

this will make everything more hilarious when everything comes down like the house of cards it actually is

screencapping a lot of posts for future reference

Who?

>I usually like her minis and one shots more than the main book
This. I've enjoyed the one-shots and I'm still reading Little Black Book (which is basically Harley Team-Up); but I got really tired of the ongoing and dropped it after the first few arcs.

The rebirth stuff is exactly the same as the older series (in fact as near as I could tell it just crosses over seamlessly). So it wasn't for me but if you liked those issues you should look into the trades.

marvel's audience is almost 60% female now
they have the demo info and everything so they are kinda forced to do this

I remember a few years back they btfo of the sjws for asking for all this by citing the demo info about who buys their comics

Now that they have new info they implemented these grand sweeping changes.

all C/D-listers

>suicide squad should have been a lot better then it was maybe thats the cost they wont be able to do better then squad.
I dunno: it was a mess because they started out doing another grimderp flick and then the trailer with the Queen track came out and people went nuts so they did a bunch of reshoots (and literally hired the people who made the trailer to edit a new theatrical cut). With the current popularity (and the way Deadpool did) I'd imagine that the suits will be onboard for more of what SS promised but didn't really deliver on.

R-Rated Harley would probably be too much to ask for, tho.

12 January 2017; Sanglier Des Ardennes, Durbuy, Belgium.

>Who?
bleedingcool.com/2016/07/11/those-three-deadpool-spinoff-books-foolkiller-solo-and-slapstick-for-marvel-now/

Prowler's the dude in Amazing Spider-Man that's been pretending to BE Spider-Man (so Pete can show up at the same time and be seen with him; and occasionally so they can be in two places at once).

The only one of these I can see not bombing is Slapstick and that depends entirely on the creative team.

Considering that all of these are double shipping I don't think we'll be seeing the normal "by issue 5" drops until the #10s hit, since retailers are probably going to order similar numbers for issues that come out in the same month

>Prowler solo
>starts as a Clone Conspirashit tie-in

>The only one of these I can see not bombing is Slapstick and that depends entirely on the creative team.
Slapstick is going to sell like shit in singles, the only way it won't be a bomb is if Marvel gives away thousands of free copies like they did for Vision. If it gets good critical reviews it MIGHT do alright in trades

Solo is going to be Marvel's lowest selling ongoing by the second issue, mark my works

The difference is that those people are just waifufags. Harley's book really isn't all that bad, it's just not what this place wants out of her. I don't mind her being a top seller. I think it's hilarious that DC has turned a relatively new character into one of the most popular characters in the medium while Marvel desperately tries to get people to like Carol and failing miserably at it.

>starts as a Clone Conspirashit tie-in
They seem to think that that's a good idea: they did the same thing with Spider-Woman being a Spider-Verse tie-in the first few issues.

>they did the same thing with Spider-Woman being a Spider-Verse tie-in the first few issues
The result is nearing two years of publication of Spider-Woman as a solo series.

>Solo is going to be Marvel's lowest selling ongoing by the second issue
Not Foolkiller?

I still don't understand why they picked Carol. Isn't there anyone else they could have picked?

>nearing two years of publication of Spider-Woman as a solo series
With a relaunch halfway thanks to Secret Wars; another crossover (spider-women) and ... the baby.

It's all a lie though. This is a peak and isn't a sign of sustainable growth. The last time they sold 10 million there were two #1s in the top fifty. In August 2016 there are five in the top 10 alone.

>I still don't understand why they picked Carol.
Most every one of Marvel's top females are team oriented. They don't really have many solo female characters that could work.

>Isn't there anyone else they could have picked?
She-Hulk, maybe?

A bigger problem is that they took Marvel's Power Girl and gave her an extreme makeover that really didn't go over well with most of the fans (tumblr notwithstanding).

That series is a mild success that survived hitting the cancellation level for Marvel NOW! 2.0.

20 years ago Wildstorm dominated the top 10 Diamond charts (without a single Marvel publication because of fucking Heroes World)

>In August 2016 there are five in the top 10 alone.
And they're double dipping: Batman Rebirth #1 followed by Batman #1; Justice League Rebirth #1 followed by Justice League #1; and double shipping so all of those are showing up in the same month.

They did have the good sense to stagger the releases out more than with Nu52 or DCYou, though, so the drop off won't be nearly as sharp.

And current Marble being total dogshit (for the most part) will doubtless help considerably.

>That series is a mild success
Is it? I don't know anyone that kept reading it post sperm-donor personally, but that's anecdotal and I haven't ever bothered to check the numbers.

>20 years ago Wildstorm dominated the top 10 Diamond charts (without a single Marvel publication because of fucking Heroes World)
I mean in August 1996; also Shattered Image is a Wildstorm production.

It's not just that they're team-oriented, it's that major ones like Storm, Rogue, Invisible Woman, etc are over at Fox.

11/14 Spider-Woman #1 - 93,723 (Spider-Verse)
12/14 Spider-Woman #2 - 44,618 ( -52.4%)(Spider-Verse)
01/15 Spider-Woman #3 - 38,484 (-13.8%) (spider-Verse)
02/15 Spider-Woman #4 - 36,058 (- 6.3%)
03/15 Spider-Woman #5 - 40,068 (+11.1%)
04/15 Spider-Woman #6 - 32,041 (-20.0%)
05/15 Spider-Woman #7 - 29,567 (- 7.3%)
06/15 Spider-Woman #8 - 26,568 (-10.1%)
07/15 Spider-Woman #9 - 24,354 (- 8.3%)
08/15 Spider-Woman #10- 23,005 (- 5.5%)

11/15 Spider-Woman #1 - 53,885
12/15 Spider-Woman #2 - 27,801 (-48.4%)
01/16 Spider-Woman #3 - 24,054 (-13.5%)
02/16 Spider-Woman #4 - 20,747 (-13.7%)
03/16 Spider-Woman #5 - 20,594 ( - 0.7%)
04/16 Spider-Woman #6 - 39,291 (+90.8%) (Spider-Women)
05/16 Spider-Woman #7 - 27,118 (-31.0%) (Spider-Women)
06/16 Spider-Woman #8 - 19,658 (-27.5%)
07/16 Spider-Woman #9 - 20,938 (+ 6.5%) (CV 2)

>CV2
Xavier the frog please

>this is why The New 52 failed.
it didn't though

it sold just fine for like 3 or 4 years and took DCYou flopping for them to change

This is what I want to know.
Stuff like Watchmen, DKR, and TKJ have been selling like crazy for more than a decade now.
Surely there comes a point when everybody has one?

I don't have TKJ and I've been collecting for decades, I'm sure there are a lot of people who didn't give a shit before who got interested because of the movie.

So:
>08/15 Spider-Woman #10- 23,005 (- 5.5%)
>11/15 Spider-Woman #1 - 53,885
New number 1 more than doubles units shipped

03/16 Spider-Woman #5 - 20,594 ( - 0.7%)
04/16 Spider-Woman #6 - 39,291 (+90.8%) (Spider-Women)
Crossover Event more than doubles units shipped ... all of those bumps are units that they wouldn't have shipped which is why they keep doing this shit.

However:
05/16 Spider-Woman #7 - 27,118 (-31.0%) (Spider-Women)
06/16 Spider-Woman #8 - 19,658 (-27.5%)
07/16 Spider-Woman #9 - 20,938 (+ 6.5%) (CV 2)
Yet Another Tie-In to a poorly received Big Event (immediately after the last Tie-In Event) barely makes a difference. I can only hope that this is a trend of Big Summer Event Burnout finally setting in.

But it might also be that no one really wanted to read about (incredibly irresponsible and self-centered) Single Mom's Spandex Adventures.

I think it was Convergence flopping then DCYou flopping.

There's more normies out there than you realize.

Well I guess Solo might do a tad bit better than Foolkiller if only because he's spinning out of Deadpool

But his name and appearance are incredibly forgettable and there's much less of a hook for him

Even when a book is a bestseller, it sells far fewer copies than the number of tickets sold to a popular movie. So movie versions lead to lots of potential new readers - even if only some of those movie viewers are curious enough to try the books, that's a lot of added book sales.

>I think it was Convergence flopping then DCYou flopping.
THIS. Convergence was such an obvious filler move (to cover their move West) that I just noped right out of it.

DCYou had some good stuff but it also had lots of stuff I had no interest in (it's never a good idea to have that much new all at one time; and it looks like you're throwing shit at the wall to see what will stick).

Combine those to failed publishing events with lagging sales and the general dislike older fans had for Nu52 and you had the recipe for Rebirth's "back to basics" approach where they dial back some of the changes that weren't popular; keep some of the changes that were; and ship less titles (but more often and at a lower price than the competition.)

I'm pretty happy with the result, myself. Now if only Marvel would do the same (because their shit is so broken that I honestly can't see any way around a literal reboot to fix it).

>Solo might do a tad bit better than Foolkiller if only because he's spinning out of Deadpool
So is Slapstick, senpai.

Since he's basically The Mask (and they don't really have anything else like that at the moment although Gwen-Pool's in the right direction tonally) I could see him taking off if he was handled well.

To be fair that top ten is going to all be 100k+. Superdad is probably still in the 90k ranch

It sold alright. Rebirth is selling better 3 months in than the New 52 did and DC still hasn't even released all of the titles yet.

It sold better than what they were doing before, which was the point of it.

>Harley Quinn saves DC
>will have the first female-lead capefilm to gross a billion bux
YES! YES!

I'm genuinly expecting Harley to actually be bigger than Batman at some point down the line. It will be about time too.

Will you please fuck off you bledding cool acolyte

Fully erect

I genuinely wonder what her character will be like in 20 years?

Harley's numbers are great for the industry because we all know it's bringing new people to read comics. That's why DC is saving the industry, because they are bringing people after decades of losing market

Slapstick is a pre-existing character though, he wasn't a side character created in Deadpool

>RHATO

I mean, it's more competently written than before, but it's still pretty dumb, and has a paper-thin plot

I'd imagine that after watching the movie, those people wouldn't touch The Killing Joke with a ten foot pole

First month of Tec was under ordered. The actual sales for 934 and 935 are much highher

>forgetting New Super-Man

>a miserable Superman who's hate-fucking Wonder Woman.
But that's wrong, you fucking idiot.

Nightwing usually sells gets average or above average sales. Batgirl (with Barbara) gets similar. Birds of Prey is usually just above cancellation, which is probably why they added Batgirl to the title. Red Hood had a decent start, dropped hard due to shit writing, but was kept barely afloat with crossovers

>cheaper price
>fewer books

Between superman and section 8 the all star title carrys a lot of respect so thats probably part of it.

Numbers when

Neither are Solo or Foolkiller. But they're clearly hoping the Deadpool association would spill over.

>Supergirl is more relevant than Superman
Just

It's just the issue #1 sales, user

Unfortunately Hasbro didn't allow for the MLP comics top be a part of the event, even if the creators and company wanted to add them.

Also there a 3rd comic series coming that they said is going to have a single story for older kids. So IDW is seling MLP as much as possible since they still have good sales from them.

Monday

>Superman
>Relevant
Everyone knows him as an icon but he has seen better days regarding popularity.

Harley came out shortly after Deadpool. She's not that new.

The last few months, various deadpool books have all been in the top ten, the month they're showing was basically all filler in majority of the dp books especially the kelly run.

I am both hype and dredding certain numbers
Please be gentle to flintstones.

It's just a fad

This

I said relatively new you dildo. She didn't even start being put into the main DCU until 1999.

That was more than 15 years ago

I'm surprised DC is winning so hard especially since BvS and SS films had such low ratings. If Geoff Johns is the driving force behind Rebirth's success, and he's now involved in the films, is it possible for DC to truly turn this whole thing around and beat Marvel permanently? Is it possible that we are seeing the beginning of Marvel being secondary to DC? It's a great way to cuck Stan Lee before he dies.

Remember, in comics all you have to do is beat the likes of Axel Alonso. In TV, you have to out-think Jeph Loeb. But in movies you have to beat Kevin Feige, who actually knows what he's doing. Not impossible, but harder.

>Kevin Feige, who actually knows what he's doing.
You misspelled nepotism, paid reveiws and jewconnections.

Nepotism, paid reviews and Jewconnections are like Privilege™, they give you a head start but you still have to be a non-idiot to be successful.

Marvel comics have nepotism, paid reviews and Jewconnections and they still can't make people buy them.

>Films
>Meaning fuck all

Captain America is losing to Aquaman. What a time to be alive

>jewconnections and nepotism
>You still have to be a non-idiot to be successful
That's the opposite of what that means.