Comics that no one talks about

This was a thing back in the late nineties. Wizard seemed to love it.

It even got a shitty Playstation game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z_jHrrJQcE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This comic was shit, that's why no one talks about it.
>muh cheesecake
Kill yourself, you literal teenager.

she hot

Hey, I never said it was good. It was awful, just distorted tranny looking women posing in endless homages to James Bond movies.

The core idea was a good one: there's a bunch of Francophone comics dealing with pretty girls kicking ass and fighting crime. Even Totally Spies was successful. I guess this was the sort of thing where boys didn't want to buy comics about female action heroes and girls were turned off by the fanservice leaving male teens as the only demographic.

What is it? I remember thinking the middle girl was sonya from mortal kombat

I was pretty fun
I bought it

I masturbayed so much for the Danger Girl comics in the late 90s..

This is a really fun and creative comic, i never played either of the games it was tied into, also the writer is working on rogue one

It was fun.

It was a commercial success, they're still doing some Danger Girl comics today. It just didn't age so well. Hellboy is a similar story, but a success.

I liked it, fine art and storytelling, cool designs, tons of tongue-in-cheek moments and brief enough for not getting annoying.

youtube.com/watch?v=z_jHrrJQcE0

How it feels to be a fun hating faggot?

This

I liked it for what it was back in the day—an over-the-top action cinema-inspired comic that doesn't take itself too seriously. J. Scott Campbell gets a lot of flak for his stylized figures, but he's a very underrated visual storyteller. Look past the cheesecake and he's got some very solid sequential art chops (it's what set him apart from many of the second-generation Aegis/Homage/Wildstorm Studios artists... he and Aron Wiesenfeld were the only ones in that group who seemed to have a working grasp of the "camera" in comics at the time).

Haven't really kept up with the series, though. I think the last Danger Girl comic I read was the one that featured Phil Noto on art that was published by Cliffhanger Comics back in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

I feel the same way about Gen 13.

>one of the greatest noir comics of the last 20 years
>nobody knows it exists
>floppies are super rare, especially the last half of the run
>omnibuses keep getting postponed

It's actually amazing.

Last part never.

combo

pack

Mike Baron is underrated.

Comics aren't the medium of choice for young people in the mainstream seeking entertainment anymore, so properties not owned by Marvel or DC no longer get as much advertisement as they did in the early nineties. Look at Rebirth: DC is doing good because it's pandering to nobody but its aging, established fanbase.

Of course nobody talks about Danger Girl anymore because the people that talk about comics are an insular group of superhero fans who only read Marvel or DC comics and nothing else. You're lucky if you get discussions about Archie Sonic or a licensed IDW comic or an Image comic on the board once in a while. And you can forget about Fantagraphics, Drawn and Quarterly and the like.

The people who would be reading Danger Girl simply moved on to playing video games or reading manga.

I remember wizard magazine saying this comic was innovative because it had "pre-credit action sequences". This comic had its fun moments but it really wasn't good. I remember that during this period, there were a lot of cheesecake action comics. Michael Turner was a superstar. Wizard mag did a lot to push this type of stuff to the forefront, probably because of the cozy relationship the magazine had with these up and coming publishers and creators. I spent years reading wizard not realizing what a cancer it was on the industry.

Mike Baron is the best comic writer ever.

It was a very well drawn comic. Some of the best art work I've ever seen in a comic and no I'm not just talking about the T&A.

I hate fun the post.

It was a better time for the industry than today.

Starman is stuck in the same hole.

Vol 3 was even scheduled to be reprinted for June this year, but it never came

That might be a bit of an exaggeration, but he's pretty damn good. Nexus is so impressive retrospectively

cringy post, familia

This. Plus he is literally top five of all time for facial expressions.

Prove it.

I always associate that style with PSM.

I don't have any scans, read the comic and judge. He takes a lot of influence from classic Disney animation and it shows in his character design and faces, it's one of the main things that made him feel so fresh when he started out.

It's too bad all he does is pinups now which don't really show the full range of his skill.

I always felt I'm the only one reading and enjoyed Violent Messiahs. The funny thing when I first saw it on the comic shops I thought it was Grendel in a new book. Picked it up and I found it very entertaining. Though never got to complete the first volume and never got the second volume (though I'm short of 2 issues on the first one). I wish I could have completed the first volume. It was the first comics I bought that had a lot of swearing which was new to me back then. Man, I missed this series now that OP brought up the topic of comics that no talks about.

We all hate.

Erma Felna: EDF from Albedo Anthropomorphics is the literal definition of a hidden gem.
It was ran alongside Usagi Yojimbo's first few issues.
Then Usagi Yojimbo got picked up by Dark Horse and made extremely popular.
EF:EDF got left in the dust, which is a MASSIVE shame. Sure, it's unfinished, but it's an extremely complex military scifi story that's depressing at times but just has enough action to keep the reader enticed. The creator, Steve Gallacci, is also thinking of making a proper ending to it.
Explaining it is literally impossible. It's just one of those comics you need to read in order to fully understand. And it's not shit. At all.

Wetworks

I want tumblr to leave.

This is the kind of thing WB should be adapting, not necksnapper and murderknight.

You can't trust the masses to uphold quality. Look at all the capeshit that's selling.