Guardians of the Galaxy #12 preview

So much loyalty to Carol but nobody knows why.

Not even them.

Reminder, Angela at least interacted some with Tony during Guardians. She never ever interacted with Carol at all.

>2014 Kitty: I hate you Wolverine for not picking my clearly wrong side. I'm leaving with my O5 students.
>2016 Kitty: I hate you O5 students for not picking my clearly wring side.
Oh well, at least she admitted she's a shit teacher.

Starlord looks like Constantine.

God damn it I hate this teams line up

So fucking unappealing thanks to Kitty, Thing, and Angela

These issues make me feel like I'm trapped in some kind of waking nightmare

I like how the girls + beta Thing are caping so hard for Carl.

We've always known that Kitty is a cunt of the highest order.

It's amusing that Iron-Man was able to secure all the young folks except for Jean. Clearly shows you who's the right side here.

>Damn.
>"Damn?"
What the fuck did Bendis write this sh

Oh of course.

>this went from favor to fun
>that face
annndddddd saved

Fuck Bendis and fuck spreads.

Who the hell is that behind cage and Hawkette? The second "Iron person" they're speaking of?

The idea of Drax bodying half of them just makes me smile. Shame Guardians of the who gives a fuck doesn't matter.. also i thought Starlord was on Starks side? Whats all this then?

I'm so glad Bendis is going to leave, fuck this stupid comic.

When you get out take a good whiff of that Terrigen mist Kitty, please.

only bendis can do spreads and spreads of people talking

I thought he was still writing in now 2.0.
If not there's, still the looming threat that he could write Nova.

riri williams the iron maiden

I will never stop being fucking furious that all of my favorite Marvel artists get stuck with GOD DAMN FUCKING BENDIS EVERYTIME!

The NOW 2.0 part of the run is being described as "the epic finale to Bendis' run."

And that epic finale is a year-long mega-arc called Guardians of Earth wherein the Guardians are stuck on Earth. Bravo Bendis.

So the good news is that we're in the home stretch once NOW 2.0 starts. Bad news is that he's still going to be on for another year (as the book will likely get relaunched with a new creative team in time for Vol. 2) and the next year is going to be, of all things, "the Guardians are stuck on Earth."

I guess they want to have the Guardians be on their regular crossovers.

>"Don't discount Luke Cage and Vision."

Okay, seriously? I like Cage, but he doesn't deserve to be even in the same SENTENCE as Vision when it comes to pure power.

>hating on The Thing
Ex-fucking-cuse me? Thing joining the Guardians is one of the few inspired choices that Bendis has made.

In Bendis land Luke Cage is the mightiest of all.

It's easier to have all of his books crossover if they're all taking place in the same city. Classic Bendis.

Mark my words, we're going to be getting a:
>Jessica Jones crossover
>Spider-man crossover
>Iron Doom crossover
>Ironheart crossover
Shit, I could see a JJ/SM/GotG crossover followed immediately by an ID/IH/GotG crossover. That shit right there is CLASSIC Bendis.

He's probably on-par with Drax nowadays. Shit, in the ANAD Avengers tie-in last week he was trading blows with Blue Marvel in a fight that should've lasted a nanosecond.

Oh Bendis I don't blame you for not reading Bennett's garbage run but at least try to get Angela's motivations and personality right at least from what Ewing and Gillen did with her.

So we won't be free of Bendis until 2008? Ughhhhhhh.

Benfis is just olaying favs with Cage, honestly the Guardians droolimg over how cool and powerful the Avengers are seems wrong.

I mean the Guardians don't have as big as powerhouses as the Avengers (although Drax and Gamors are pretty Hulk tier when they aren't jobbing) but they always take on beings like Ultron on Phalanx steroids, Lovecraftian Avengers, Thanos, and other universe ending shit, and they manage with that so the Avengers themselves shouldn't be that impressive.

BTW how is Civil War 2.0 doing? If it's doing less than what Marvel expected does that mean that this might be the beginning of the end of the Bendis reign? I mean he obviously will stay with Marvel and still write for them but are we going to be done with the 7+ books being written by Bendis? Is he going to have less influence now?

Too bad he fucking wasted it.

WTF? Blue Marvel should have owned him, fucking writers.

>A street level hero evenly matched with one of the fucking Ultimates
Thanks, Bendis!

Can someone explain to me why the fuck is Carol an "authority" all of a sudden?

A little too much to be a coincidence.

She's the commander of Alpha Flight (Earth's defense for extraterrestrial threats) and she's also Ambassador Extraordinary for the human race.

And that grants her the authority to police the Earth itself? That's some bullshit right there. She's supposed to be protecting Earth from extraterrestrieals? Well she brought them with her to attack citizens of Earth. I assume her goal is to become some sort of dictator.

>So we won't be free of Bendis until 2008?
No? 2017.

That sounds suspiciously seditious, citizen.

I thought Strange didn't have as much power anymore

I guess Bendis forgot that he wrote Tony Stark as a member of the Guardians as well...

user please, no one is paying attention to the current Doctor Strange book. It was also implied that magic was coming back.

This is a universe that was OK with psychopathic murderers hunting down heroes in the street and causing havoc because said heroes didn't want to register during the OG Civil War. Some alien muscle beating the shit out of some super freaks seems par for the course and completely normal.

I know this Drax is technically the weakest of Drax's three incarnations, but that seems wrong.

Disregard Bendis, Luike Cage is still shit.

Not confirmed yet.

I meant 2018

But the sooner the better.

Might I remind ya'll about who's not only writing this book but is also in charge of the entire CW2 event and Marvel continuity in general?

Drax gets sent flying near a helicopter in CW2's issue 5. I bet you that it was his husbando Luke Cage that punched him there. There is no disregarding Bendis. He's like Mephisto, canon shit means nothing to him.

definitely now that the guardians are on earth for atleast 12 issues or whatever
they all have solos too so nothing is stopping him from going full crossover

Ahem.
WHY THE FUCK HASN'T KITTY CONTACTED THE X-MEN IN 8 MONTHS?
SHE SERIOUSLY DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT THE MISTS?

Why is it that Gamora is the one with the Thanos murderboner instead of Drax?

Movie synergy. Drax and Gamora have basically switched personalities. Drax used to be the stick in the mud with a hate boner for Thanos whereas Gamora was the fight loving psychopath with no fucks to give. I want those characters back please :(

>definitely now that the guardians are on earth for atleast 12 issues
Man fuck this shit. But it does provide a funny contrast with the GotG2 movie next year in that Gunn wants nothing to do with earth yet Marvel comic writers want them embroiled in earth's petty, nonsensical shit. I'm with Gunn here - keep them in space.

>Movie synergy
But Drax wants to kill Thanos in the movies too

HOOKED ON A FEELING

Is this not an indication to people that at this point there are just way too many goddamned super heroes in this setting

Jesus! There is absolutely no redeeming qualities to the Jew cunt anymore! Please do us all a favor and die to the mist, Kitty!

>nobody knows why
Lord Bend'Iis, Supreme Overlord of the Diznee Empire, demands it

Well yeah, but I'm more referring to how they behave and act on their emotions. Even if Batista still wants to kill Thanos, his Drax characterization is still that of a fun-loving brute with no fucks to give who will always smile and yearn for the next battle and challenge like some green Conan. While Gamora will be the stalwart straight man of the group who's all business and constantly questions the dumb shit the other guys get into and probably has a singular focus on the task at hand. That's how the movie is treating them, and now Bendis is reflecting that in the comics by completely flipping their personalities from what they were during the highpoint of GotG (though this may have been done by others before him - I don't know as I haven't read GotG since Realm of Kings).

Kitty needs M-pox.

>yfw she phases through it

I still hate Teen "Rape Your Mind From Behind" Jean a lot more than Jew'y Waifu Of Bendis Kitty

Did any of the side comics explain this split, or is Jean just feeling cunty today (like 99% of her days)

What does it matter? If Cyclops couldn't do anything about it, what could she have done?

It's funny because Kitty's signature move now is "I phase behind you and put my arm inside you and take out a vital organ and insta kill you" Whedon did it in a What-If issue and Bendis aped it in his GotG run to death.

The equivalent of "I teleporting behind you and unleash my katana" bad

I mean she couldn't materialize parts of her body, it was all or nothing but waifufags make her all powerful

Bendis did it just once. That has been Kitty's move since a long time ago and Bendis was hardly the only one who did it. Like this user showed.

The Bendis part was in Guardians of the Galaxy #10 she takes out a Badoon by grabbing and slipping out a vital organ

It's Kitty's signature killer move but it makes her really OP since it's an insta kill.

I never really liked it because for Kitty to grab someones insides she needs to become solid enough first to grab them and in the process, her molecules would mesh with the molecules in her victim's body.

The stuff in and even goes against what has been already established in continuity about Kitty's powers, she shouldn't be able to solidify parts of her.

Pic related should be what happens if she tries to do that stint, her hand would get stuck in the other person and fused with them the moment she solidified to grab their insides.

Still not as bad as the "phasing makes her mind untouchable to psychics thing"

That may be why I liked that what if. I didn't expect her to phase her hand and just lose it.

I bet if Bendis were to put Kitty in a fight against Vision she would win because her powers disrupt machines or some BS.

I mean he had her go against Galactus.

Honestly if I wrote for Marvel I would make Sue Storm's invisibke constructs her weakness, like she wouldn't be able to phase through that or something or have Kitty not be able to phase through certain metal like the bullet.

IIRC It also used to be that she couldn't breathe while she was intangible but they changed it to she doesn’t need to breathe when she's intangible

Ditto it just made her beat Wolverine more shocking and her losing her hand like that is more powerful than if she had just pulled his brains out.

>Did any of the side comics explain this split, or is Jean just feeling cunty today (like 99% of her days)

Jean is apart of Storm's faction that wants to use Ulysses. They're up against Magneto, Rachel, and co. in the X-Men crossover. As for her teammates, yeah nothing there. I guess they're smart enough to realize that they shouldn't be cozying up to an inhuman who could set an army against them with merely his word. Plus they're not a bunch of obnoxious cunts like teen Jean is so there's always that. Fuck that bitch.

And the young Avengers trio is apart of Tony's Avengers team who seem to be taking his side as FalCap and Whor are standing with them.

So not looking good for Carol's side who are full of guardians of the earth (and also worst Guardians lineup since ever), Lol Flight (Canada please), SHIELD fodder (Maria Hill please), some government mansion niggers (Ultimates please), and a bunch of mutant traitors (Storm's bullshit has Cyclops rolling around in his grave).

>I mean she couldn't materialize parts of her body, it was all or nothing but waifufags make her all powerful

Wrong.

>Pic related should be what happens if she tries to do that stint, her hand would get stuck in the other person and fused with them the moment she solidified to grab their insides.

But I agree with this when it comes to the "pull your heart out" shit.

God DANG! Phoenix-Jean is super creepy-stalker in that page.

OMG... Scott... That poor-poor bastard...

Why doesn't the arm fall off from the phased part?

Because she's a jew

How does Storm control weather?

FYI people, Kitty Pryde HAS ALWAYS been able to control what she touches when she phases, that was the original concept of her powerset waaaaay back in the Claremont days.
Think about it for a single solid second: it's not as if she's walking through walls buck naked, she gets to decide what she touches, her level of tangible, what phases with her, everything.

You all gotta stop reaching so damned hard to find new reasons to hate Bendis. It's getting silly.

There's actually several different possible ways Storm's powers work.
There's a theory of sort of specialized telekinesis that only effects systems of motion.
Then there's the elemental theory, in that one she becomes the weather, expanding her consciousness beyond her physical body, the same way Iceman becomes whatever water he absorbs to create himself when he shapeshifts in ice form.
Then there's the idea that she literally is a weather goddess and her mutation links her directly to mystical forces of nature.

Only one person was hating Bendis, everyone else thought she was too OP which she is depending on the writer.

I always liked more vulnerable Kitty

>even goes against what has been already established in continuity about Kitty's powers
What continuity? 80s? It's 2016. There has been plenty of continuity and advances on Kitty's powers. Call it power creep if you want but you can't argue that it's against continuity. After going through the Bullet thing and the Black Vortex, nothing that Kitty does is overpowered enough.

This was just a try hard ridiculous edgy sad ending that had no basis on any continuity ever. It's as ridiculous as saying that if Hulk wasn't persecuted, Thing would be persecuted instead.

Well that's just silly.
The whole point of her powers is that she's not vulnerable.
Except from magic. (the Superman exception)

So why are they involving any character that isn't Carol and Tony?

>implying Claremont didn't try to make all his waifus OP
He was the worst waifufag of all.

please respond

Because hero vs hero sells. If you're asking the in universe reason why Guardians are there? They aren't sure either.

>If you're asking the in universe reason why Guardians are there?
I'm asking why everyone who isn't Carol and Tony is there. Ulysses doesn't count for this question.

Well then she's a boring character because she's nowhere as interesting as Superman.

>she's nowhere as interesting as Superman
That's not fair, Superman is a very interesting character.

For the record Wade is a literally cancerous OP character but he makes up for it by having the ocassional good story and not being universally loved.

>GotG thread becomes a Kitty thread
Mist the mutie!

>What she's doing is wrong...
>She is in charge though so we should just follow her orders!
>Okay

This event is so terrible it's like a comedy.

Carol goes full facist and people start JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS.

Is Kelly not a Kittyfag?

The Civil War series are about the questions where either answer is morally righteous but fundamentally incompatible, therefore on both sides of "superheroes shilling for the government?" and "punishing crime that hasn't happened yet?" there's going to be superheroes standing up for what is right against other heroes standing up for a different thing that's right.
And everyone jumps into these frays because fighting for what's right is the whole point of superheroing, there's no avoiding it.

>there's no avoiding it
Yes there is. Just tell them that you don't agree with their ideals. I'm not fighting you, this is as far as it needs to go because punching doesn't change minds.

Well, there is avoiding it.

Carol had two of the smarted people in the world, one of whom was her chosen source who she said she'd trust, tell her that she was wrong.

She responded by insulting one of them, then flying through the cieling.

Is... is this this appeal to murdercarols authority and rightness, with absolutely no logical reasoning behind it, supposed to be ironic? I mean, we aren't genuinely supposed to be going "Fuck yeah! Stupid Tony and his completely rational problems with this! A team that has pretty much ALL the moral pillars of the setting on it is totally wrong!"

I want to see all these characters get terribly injured and weep their regrets for being so fucking stupid.

>Never really grew up with Kitty, so never understood her fanbase.
>After these pages, I still don't.

What a raging bitch.

Yeah, there's really no leg for Carol to stand on, and direct evidence that was shown to her that she's wrong, but it doesn't matter, gotta push that mega event!

The whole thing is character assassination.

Ask Bendis. All of this bullshit is his making.

That shiny head's just asking for some slapping

>Two Captain Americas are on the opposing side.
>Doctor Strange.
>Vison.
>Thor.

>"Man, we are so right, we are all to varying degrees just going to stomp our feet and carefully avoid questioning Carol's actual rationale and arguments."

I mean, I don't actually give a shit about any of these losers, and Carol is fun precisely because she is a human trainwreck, but it is still annoying.

Ah well, least my man Luke is on the right side.

>Guardians of motherfucking GALAXY
>giving two shit about a civil war on earth.

FUCK YOU BENDIIIIIS

90% of the galaxy is just uninhabited rocks

they probably check up on like 20 planets max

also silver surfer is dicking around there

and wasn't iron man a spaceboi too?

Agree to disagree and leave it at that.

>her level of tangible, what phases with her, everything.

There's a huge difference between keeping one thing seperate when nothing else is touching it and somehow phasing out just a heart that's in the middle if a chest.

It's east to pick up a balled up piece of paper off the ground. You guys are having her reach into a book and pull out a specific page. He powers just somehow know what's heart and what's not and that's just goofy.

Most importantly her go-to killing move needs to have some kind of drawback no matter how much she's the writer's waifu.

There has to be some good examples at some point over the last 40 years of someone putting that bitch in her fucking place.

>Superman
>interesting
I'm not even a waifufag and I'd take Kitty everyday

she could phase it

This is some next level autism.

Well, there's the time when Doom completely punked her and Excalibur (but her especially), and then kicked their assess several times, and then walked off thwarted only in the sense that he didn't achieve his final goal.

>She's the commander of Alpha Flight (Earth's defense for extraterrestrial threats)

I realize I'm late to this news but FUCKING WHAT?

WHAT BENDIS FUCKERY IS THIS?

Hickman did it. Also Captain Marvel is good & Puck is great in it so you should be reading it.

Huh, well that's heartening at least.

Hold up. I would really like someone to explain this to me as if I a toddler.

>Flash is defending Tony, right? "Everyone deserves a right to choose their path... I shouldn't be suddenly targeted or taken out because someone thinks I might do something" [paraphrasing]

>then Angela says "you speak wisely Thompson" - and then pretty much the next thing she says is "We will help Danvers,,, she is the authority figure"

What is going on here? Surely Angela is disagreeing with the stance Flash has just made... not agreeing? Is this event and ideological clash so poorly founded that Bendis can't actually keep track of the reasons for his own writing?

Or am I a dumb chimp? Someone explain please.

Yeah, the dialogue is weird. Someone who was a good writer would have her do the old "yeah you're kinda right BUT..." instead of pretty much forming a directly contrary point to the opinion that she just affirmed.

And of course the whole subjective moral of pre-cog prejustice is never brought up again in the dialogue. It instead defaults to "our waifu Carl knows what's up because she's Carl and she's the AUTHORITAH! She's obviously on the right side because reasons!"

Why is Constantine in this again?

Yes, I know that's Starbored, settle down.

>she's the AUTHORITAH!
That's actually even worse when you consider that Angela is pretty much the *last* person who'd follow authority blindly. She's not a soldier following orders blindly or a policeman enforcing a law "because it's the LAW" after all (which, ironically, was the angle the took with Carol in the FIRST Civil War).

Yeah, Angela here is weird. I thought she was all about going against authority like when she challenged Odin/Freija and also went against the angel authority. Bendis gonna Bendis.

Yeah, yours

That's what confused me. Why have a character so clear articulate an opposing argument - and then just nod and say "we're gonna do the exact opposite" like you're agreeing with them.

Why the fuck did Flash not follow up on his disagreement - is Angela just saying "yeah, no" enough to refute him. Is that even what Angela means.

What I want to know is if this is actually a fuck up - as in - Bendis has actually bored himself as he was writing and forgotten who was arguing what... or is it that the characters have literally moved on from Flash's argument without caring.

I mean, I have always hated Bendis Guardians - and been able to pick his stuff apart - but I think this is one of the laziest example of his reasoning I have EVER seen.

The entire point of the conversation is to articulate a perspective on a relatively simple argument. How do you fuck it up that much?

Wow. I'm legitimately mad.

This has nothing to do with Bendis. I know it's hard for Cred Forums to understand when their only exposure to comics are Cred Forums memes, but not everything has to do with Bendis.

Then you have shit taste.

Top reply my euphoric friend.

>the laziest example of his reasoning I have EVER seen

So Shulkie is murdering Danvers for her cousin's death?

That's Gamora probably murdering Carol for not murdering Thanos (and maybe letting him escape as seen in The Ultimates last issue).

She-Hulk will forcibly rape Carol soon enough

These guys are just slobbering all over Carol's dick, aren't they?

I really hate Bendis, but if I recall correctly, the context makes this page completely reasonable.

oh fuck off, no everybody read marvel these days for Bendis alone.

I agree. Absolutely no one reads Bendis books, or comics in general. That's why everyone blames him for stupid things he never did.

Arresting and caging people for things they haven't done is always wrong, and no amount of bullshit moral relativism or word trickery will ever make it right. Sorry.

My favorite ever scene involving kitty.

Wanna bet? Carol will blame everything on Hawkeye and somehow it will all be Tony's fault.