Harley Quinn is getting a solo movie

Harley Quinn is getting a solo movie
She continues to rise in popularity its almost like her character has come out of nowhere

6 years ago no one was talking about her or saying she rivaled Batman as DC's most popular character

I think this is proof any character can pop if presented at the right time.

When is Nightwing or Blue Beetle going to get this shot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nyoO-NI3Ge4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Harley doing the evans laugh
fire up those memes

i'd rather have a live action rendition of pic related

Harley Quinn is a manic pixie girl
who caters to males by virtue of being hot
who caters to females by virtue of being vulnerable just like me female
who caters to kids because of how she talks and all those colors

She is like merchandise the character all rolled up into one package

all it takes is normie interest and a character will get a solo movie
look at GOTG
Marvel mismanaged that property for years and now look

>6 years ago no one was talking about her or saying she rivaled Batman as DC's most popular character

yeah ok

Harley has literally always been really popular, man. She was one of the most popular characters from BTAS.

The difference is now DC and WB are capitalizing on it since the Arkham games.

Arkham Asylum introduced her to the normies
She was unknown before then apart from nostalgia over btas

She's not touching her boobs, so it isn't

She really hasn't though
the difference between now and back when she had her first solo is huge

I mean I know she was pretty popular because of the cartoon but DC didn't really do much with her character for like 10 years since she was one of those cartoon characters who didn't have a home anymore

this is a nurse not harley quinn user
still this game and arkham city did usher in this newfound interest in the character

She's getting a movie because WB/DC discovered she was a merchandise goldmine
sometime before Suicide Squad debuted

I do wonder what caused this Harley Quinn rennaisance because a video game where she was voiced by tara strong doesn't seem like much impetus

Where is this from?

Talking about Injustice

TAYLOR WRITING HARLEY BOOK WHEN!?

Injustice probably pushed the Harley dindu nuffin mentality that permeates a lot of the normies

Injustice for all its faults really made Harley a likable character again, almost like her BTAS self

So we can pretty much give up on Harley Quinn being a fad

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Is this character really popular or something now?
I see her from time to time and I know people like to cosplay her
Is she even close to WW in popularity?

Arkham games missed out
They found out by the 2nd one that she was really popular but only gave her DLC

are you high

Oh boy. Will she be able to hold her own movie? I know I'm not gonna pay for it, even if it has Batman in it. Even if it has SUPERMAN in it.

>Is a fucking lunatic psychopath who is a manic pixie girl with a murder streak
>Somebody actually treats her like the criminal she is and attacks
>"UH UH AIN'T NOBODY GON' LAY A HAND ON ME MAH IM A STRONG INNAPENNANT WOMYN HEAR ME ROAR"
>Becomes a pop culture sensation

I wish comics didn't exist.

yeah in 2009

>I'm not currently her boyfriend
>She will never walk into my bedroom dressed as Harley complete with accent just before we fuck like horny apes.

Just fuck my shit up now!

Don't know it that's a good or a bad thing

Any talk about script?

I wouldn't mind them adapting her Jokers Asylum issue into a full length feature.
Her busting out on Valentine's Day to be with her Pudding, and ending up having to deal with an one night all out gang war trying to get with Joker.

She already held her own movie

She was okay in Suicide Squad but I don't think I could watch a movie with her as the lead

That stuff of Harley has been going on since her inception. Good b8 tho

>Deadshot threatens to smack Harley multiple times
>SJWs bitch because muh misogyny
>Harley threatens to kill someone
>take that patriarchy

Funny how it works like this

meme me up
Harley

She's getting an animated movie next year too
so the ideas can be anything

By Bruce Timm, so anything -- And I mean ANYTHING -- is possible

What movie was that? It wasn't Suicide Squad since she was carried by all the other cast members. She was the worst part of the movie.

I got an idea. She be voiced either by the original VA, or just get the best non Arleen Sorkin VA to voice Harley. Hynden Walch.

harley quinn has somehow become one of those child appeal sketch characters that you see on youtube

Who saw it coming

Kill yourself Murrlogic.

You dont deserve happyness.

>She was the worst part of the movie.

Except she wasn't, faggot

Injustice is fun but I fucking hate Harley in it, she knew well that Joker was gonna nuke Metropolis and gladly helped him but she always says "IT WAS JUST A PHASE BRO" whenever characters bring it up.

If there's anyone on the insurgency that needs to die, it's her.

We have reached the point where Harley is so popular it has to be meta hammered home in the comics as well

Also
>red and black hair

oh definitely
almost everything from injustice is used to excuse all her canon bad behavior as bad writing

Pretty much why she became so popular. Feminists probably see her as some crazy, wildcard, because she is being more and more presented as "strong, independent woman bi woman, who don't take no bullshit," when her character originally was the exact opposite: Mentally and emotionally a slave to the Joke, and battered around as basically an object that he owned.

muh waifus

The Flash was better than her and he was there for less than a minute.

>almost everything from injustice is used to excuse all her canon bad behavior as bad writing

As opposed to Batman Beyond forcing her to admit that all the horrible shit she's doing is actually wrong and giving up a life of crime to be a normal person.

That's what I hate about this Harley, she's not a person. She's quirk. She's fucking murderous quirk with a thin layer of "strong womyn is a character right?" on the top.

>harley quinn has somehow become one of those child appeal sketch characters
>Who saw it coming

She is literally created for a cartoon for kids.

>She's fucking murderous quirk with a thin layer of "strong womyn is a character right?" on the top

One can largely thank the new 52 for that shit

> Tfw I used to fap to thic harley but live action harley is a skinny skank
> Tfw dc will be pushing this version on us now
> Tfw I want classic harley back
Kill me.

>she was an unknown

dude, she had more merch than most characters

You have never read a Harley comic.

Nightwing and Blue Beetle aren't nearly as good or even versatile characters as Harley.

Harley isn't popular because DC pushed her hard, she's popular because she is a lightning in a bottle genius character concept virtually unlike anything else in history. DC pushing her only hastened the inevitable.

Are the comics worth reading? My girlfriend likes them but for the past summer all I could read is Ennis Punisher.

Nope, avoid them like the plague

she's thick to me

> solo movie

You think batman, the joker, and superman will be in it?

>she is a lightning in a bottle genius character concept virtually unlike anything else in history

joker but a girl

She's a much better character than the Joker.

>6 years ago no one was talking about her or saying she rivaled Batman as DC's most popular character
six years ago many people were talking about her, that was at the beginning of gotham city sirens

All the more proof that feminists are as removed from reality as Pluto is from Earth.

Well I think she is no more unique than any other wacky character DC has but somehow she was pushed at the right time when female empowerment characters had become dry and Harley put a new spin on it.

It depends. If you want to see Harley be dunny, you should read her own series. If you want to see Harley kick ass, yoi ahoild read Suicide Squad.

Not that Harley doesn't kick ass in her own comic, but there are quite a few issues that focus more on her stupid brand new supporting cast.

GCS sold like trash tho

>used to fap to thic Harley
>Implying Harley was ever Thic

But that's just it: Harley Quinn is the only character on Earth who can be both of those things and not have either feel forced.

Not to mention the representation she brings to issues of domestic abuse.

GCS was more about catwoman and Ivy than Harley though

You were never thicc!

You were never even a woman!

>I think this is proof any character can pop if presented at the right time.
Harley's always been a normie favourite because she's easy for slutty girls to cosplay

Under the Dodsons she was

Batman no
Joker yes
Superman no

can be said about any character look at WW or supergirl

I dunno man, I grow up in China watching BTAS, so I always thought Harley and Joker was a pair. In fact I was surprised Harley wasn't in Burton Batman

She really was tho.
> that
> thic
You haven't played street fighter 5 have you user?

Of course kids love Harley, she was made for a kids' cartoon and was a wacky lol so randumb XD holds up spork XD character.

Now those same little kids are adults and MUH NOSTALGIA.

I like Harley by the way, I loved that fucking cartoon as a little kid. But all this popularity isn't surprising. Might as well ask why the Transformers movies made so much money. Dumb normie appeal + nostalgia for 80s or 90s kids (maybe even 00s kids from the popular AA vidya games for Harley now) = $$$.

>I think this is proof any character can pop if presented with their ass hanging out.

FTFY

He's writing Injustice 2, which will undoubtedly have more Harley.

She was actually going to be in Schumacher's next Batman movie had Batman and Robin not failed, played by either Courtney Love or Madonna

>Courtney Love or Madonna
Dodged a bullet there

>When is Nightwing or Blue Beetle going to get this shot?
What makes you think it would work? What's the draw for some significant portion of the audience for a character like Blue Beetle?

>I have only read nu52 Harley comics

HQ has been a top tier character for years. She was always popular since her inception. It's just she's gotten even more popular since Arkham and the New 52.

Tbqh, I can't get into new Harley Quinn stuff. I just hate the New 52 approach to her. I only like her in Injustice and Bombshells. I don't know what changed but her personality feels different than it did before. Maybe she's more random? Or maybe she's annoying now that she doesn't wear a costume?

I argued with a friend over this character. She got mad because she said she hated how the movie Harley Quinn was an idiot and I told her Harley is not suppose to be intelligent and that triggered her.

Yeah, you made that abundantly clear when you said

More like a DC women movie

It's more random and lack of depth. I know someone will say that Harley is not a deep character and I get that, but she did had a little bit of depth, as seeing in Harley's Holiday episode of BTAS, also this page of her old ongoing (and that whole ongoing) and Injustice by Taylor. Today's Harley feels like a bastardization of the character 'cause it doesn't feel like he had other characterization than funny gal

>and that triggered her

As well it should. I would have been annoyed too if someone showed how ignorant they were of comics to me.

Wasn't Alan Scott's wife formerly a villain in the same exact vein of Harley Quinn?

I hope Catwoman and Poison Ivy are in it. Joker too but just for a little bit to help move along the Harley plot.

If that was true ww or power girl would be a lot more popular

>she rivaled Batman as DC's most popular character
people actually believe this
both her and her actor are a current meme before she goes back to the shitter

What's so great about Harley Quinn
Why does she have more fans than all other DC heroes especially ones like WW or Supergirl

She was never A list before now imo
Now you can make a legitimate argument that she is DC's most popular character behind Batman

Before you couldn't even say she was more well known than catwoman

So obviously something changed maybe it was the greater exposure from the arkham games but then a lot of dc characters got featured in injustice too so what's so great about harley that they are missing.

which is crazy because she was just created in a cartoon a few years ago.
No way could she have carried the movie as a villain
schumaker was crazy

>meme
oh you

She's more similar to the modern female than the others.

Harley Quinn: DC Women United

HQ is super popular, but don't forget that Margot Robbie is a seriously rising star and is being set up to be a super star. Some actors/actresses are draws all on their own. Think Jennifer Lawrence a few years ago...they basically retooled the last 3 Xmen movies to revolve around her.

Margot Robbie is a rising star but she isn't quite on Angelina Jolie or Scarlett Johnanssen level yet.
All her movies this year did well at the box office though so she is well on her way to leading lady status

doesn't seem like she'll squander it like j law

Where is the video of this because I'm a lazy fuck. Also Margot is a cute. CUTE!

youtube.com/watch?v=nyoO-NI3Ge4

I know, I know, CA sucks balls, but I think Chris Sims actually hit the nail on the head about this almost 3 years ago:

>Either way, this is where you start to see problems from a character standpoint, too. Because she’s so easy to identify with and relate to, and because she rocketed almost immediately to a level of popularity that was pretty evenly split between people who identify with her central tragedy and dudes who just want more sexxxy chixxx in skintight latex, there’s a push to take what looks like a pretty obvious step and recondition her as a protagonist in her own right. The thing is, as obvious as it might seem, it’s not so simple.

>It never really works, because it can’t work. Harley orbits around the Joker in the same way that the Joker orbits around Batman. You need to remove him and at least partially resolve that obsession if you’re going to have her as a protagonist, because you can’t really have your protagonist obsessively pining for a character you’ve spent 70 years shaping as a remorseless obsessive and utterly unsympathetic killer. But if you do that, if you remove that obsession, then you’re not only taking away the foundation of the character, you’re also taking away the one thing that makes her so easy to relate to. You’re left with just a standard issue manic pixie dream girl, and that gets real old, real fast.

comicsalliance.com/harley-quinn-paul-dini-bruce-timm-dc-ask-chris/

Yeah, you were right it really drive home the point of why Harley can't work as a protagonist

Sims is full of shit, any kind of character can work as a protagonist with the right writting.

There is no such thing as a story impossible to tell, when you say that shit is when creativity dies.

character development doesn't exist apparently
I know why simms isn't a good writer now

Cred Forums told me this costume wasn't good

Thank you user!

Cred Forums has no taste.

Bruce Timm even talks about it in the BTAS DVD commentary, on Harlequinade:

>Timm: They've talked about [a spin-off with Harley] couple of times... I think Paul's actually even written a Harley & Ivy pilot...
>Paul: She'd just be so much more appealing than a Catwoman-type series...
>Bruce: It's tricky though, y'know, cuz they had a Harley comic for a while, and umm... y'know Harley... y'know she's like Barbarina (?), she's a great uh, supporting character, but I'm not sure if you wanna, y'know... I'm not sure if she's a main character.
>Andrea Romano: Yeah, she needs the Joker. It's the two of them together.
>Timm: Look at Batman here... he's a great straightman.
>Dini: When I developed Harley & Ivy as a series, it was for like, late night TV, and that gave her someone to play off of... but if it's Harley solo, they'd have to give her like a family and y'know, crazy relatives who're weirder than she is so, y'know... it's probably a good thing she stays where she is... [Harley proceeds to do something stupid] What a ditz. [laughs]

Dini fucking called it. Pic related.

What character will be next to become insanely popular and ruin a cult-favorite comic?

Any character can pop if from a cancerous enough cartoon.

>she's like Barbarina (?)
I think he said Barbara Eden, the title character of I Dream of Jeannie.

Thing is Harley had sidekicks/support characters that weren't as crazy as she is, like the Quinntets (Kesel Run) or Doc (Lieberman run). So Dini was half right and half wrong

>Marvel tries to create an iconic female character for almost 20 years
>fails miserably
>DC creates one by accident thanks to rising popularity trough tumblr

Wait, did Timm drew that?

and they said Harley could not have a world outside the Joker
This is more descriptive than the GL corps

I miss her with the Joker though.