What happened to Adventure Time's popularity?

What happened to Adventure Time's popularity?

Other urls found in this thread:

adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes
people.com/people/package/article/0,,21026212_21030042,00.html
ibtimes.com/simpsons-adventure-time-crossover-everything-we-know-about-season-28-couch-gag-2413861
youtube.com/watch?v=Vh76l5r-rmY
infiniteguest.org/conversation-parade/2015/07/storyboarding-and-bmos-multitudes/
youtube.com/watch?v=iLbyjaF8Cyc
adventuretime.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=c-
mega.nz/#!EY5B1BRJ!AOEu5ovsq0AmGh_C7YjszonjFARpaNyO-flxLpM91P0
docs.google.com/uc?id=0BwOEc4YAIz4FNEI0X0p1b000Y3c
illeity.com/
twitter.com/muen_no_sio/status/743468164793589760/photo/1
shmoof.tumblr.com/post/140364243106/prince-hot-bod-at-your-service
kingofooo.tumblr.com/post/150568126794
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

After all the cool mystery that it started with was revealed, people just stopped caring/ cared much less about it. And the show pretty much lost its momentum

It's never fucking on. What do you want to talk about, the constant lack of new episodes?

> Hey Finn, you're God
> Yeah whatev.
And then no one cared.

it sucks.

Hiatuses killed it.

It stopped being about adventure and started trying to be about lesbians.

Also just shit writing, like how nothing ever became of Martin.

I believe this may look better if the show runs like super long
Maybe not
You know, something like One Piece
Given that is certain kind of long running

One Piece pulls that off by having various mini-arcs with a conclusion and pathos. Adventure Time doesn't have any of that.

It became less about adventures with your buddy and became more about relationship/family drama. It got old, fast.

They shifted the focus from what made it great: the wacky, fun adventures w I think the occasional backstory stuff

>w I think
with

Hipster art majors moved on because it has no substance outside of lolsorandom

>hey Finn you are a reincarnation
ftfy

It was never about adventure, it was more about Finn and Jake in Ooo. We have like 2 episodes primarily featuring Princess Bubblegum and Marceline, and Stakes was more about Adventure than the two, we had about one episode and the beginning of one episode, so how does that represent the entire eight episode miniseries?

How so?
Adventure Time has been more about Finn and Jake in Ooo, even during season 3 Pan Pizza's review on "Fionna and Cake" he admitted that Adventure Time never felt all that adventurous. How did it start focusing on drama more? There was drama in season 1! "Ricardio" and "My Two Favorite People"

>What Happened to Adventure Time's Popularity
In general? People lost interest. Doesn't mean no one cares about it, Cred Forums doesn't represent the entire population of people that watch cartoons. Cred Forums's popular opinions don't necessarily represent the overall consensus.

>adventure time was never about adventure
whoa

Yes that's what I said. By about I mean generally.

Those were childish dramas that are relatable like being jealous of your best friend and lady getting along too well

Then it was like "oh man I can't into perfect relationships at 14, better be super sad now" and ruined the sense of fun that made the show popular in the first place. It focused way, way too much on Finns love dramas and is part of the reason I ended up unintentionally forgetting about the show.

who makes these fucking threads? Do you never check the archives? Why do we have this same subject nearly every fucking week?!
>what happened to AT
Seriously what the fuck? Why does this asked every other week?

We have had about 3 episodes focusing or heavily featuring Finn's relationship drama. And what relationship drama is enjoyable is completely subjective, not to mention there are multiple interpretations. If that's your reason why aren't you watching? We don't even focus on Finn having relationship troubles/being down about FP.

>Adventure Time has been more about Finn and Jake in Ooo,

Yes, adventuring in Ooo, going on crazy little adventures to distant lands.

Wording it weirdly doesn't change anything. Adventure Time was more about adventure.

>even during season 3 Pan Pizza's review on "Fionna and Cake" he admitted that Adventure Time never felt all that adventurous.

I was unaware that a YouTuber was suddenly the go-to opinion on everything.

>How did it start focusing on drama more? There was drama in season 1! "Ricardio" and "My Two Favorite People"

"Having drama" and "Focusing on drama" are two different things.

Particularly with with the first few seasons, but at least through most of Season 5, the show did much more "wacky adventures" than it did serious, dramatic stories or relationship stuff or whatever.

Rebecca Sugar made some amazing episodes and the other writers tried to emulate her style when she left. The result is the original whimsy the show used to have dying and its replaced by feelsy/philosophical topics the writers don't quite understand.

>Adventure Time is mainly about adventures
Do you even watch the show?!
adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes

>Pan Pizza's opinion is the one that represents us
No, that's not the point I'm trying to make. My point is that there were opinions that AT was never all that adventurous, even at season 3. It's not so much his opinion, but what his opinion is based on. This guy would analyse and episode to make a video out of it, and for him to say that AT was never all that adventurous is an evaluation, not an opinion.

>Having drama and focusing on drama are two different things
Oh good then, so "Frost and Fire" "Love Games" and "Breezy" are the only episodes that meet this.
Ricardio was about a heart guy that Finn is suspicious of, based on his jealously, whose accusations turned out to be true. Finn being jealous is a major part of that epsiode. "My Two Favorite People" IS about drama, Jake spends nearly the entire episode being upset that Finn is having more fun with Lady Rainicorn. Your argument was that drama is there in later seasons, not wether or not it was enjoyable. And even if you enjoyed it or not, that's completely your opinion, which I didn't ask for. Show me the evidence for your argument, don't tell me only your argument. Otherwise I have no way of knowing what youre basing your points on.

...which pretty much ended in season 6. "Breezy" "Astral Plane" and "The Comet" are really the only episodes that try to be philosophical, but their message falls flat.

Well the Comet is where I stopped watching, so I have no idea what the series is like now

Adventure Time, the show improves in season 7, all episodes are on kisscartoon in HD. My guess why you decided not to give it a shot is because of shitposting. Here are some common complaints
>bubbline pandering
I don't understand this, there is literally no obvious difference in the bubbline episodes' ratings, there's only two of them, to the rest of the episodes. Even then, who would the writers pander to? It takes over 9 months to make an episode, and 9 months before season 7 aired, who were they pandering to? There was like 5 bubbline shippers in February 2015.
>Stakes is shit
And that's as far as their critique goes. The Stakes miniseries is a solid one, and I was expecting less considering this was their first time doing a movie lenght story for AT. Many criticise the lack of Finn and Jake, but fail to realize they are meant tobe comic relief. Look up comic relief, Finn and Jake are quintessential of this. It's not perfect, but honestly what is?

>hurr philosphical
Hardly there, and even if it is, it's done so it DOESN'T fall flat.

Season 7 is solid, and many of us enjoy it save for the occasional Fubbefag that was expecting more ship fuel after "Pajama Wars."

The same thing that happened to its quality. It became unstable, and died.

>Rebecca Sugar made some amazing episodes and the other writers tried to emulate her style when she left.
Why do rock lovers believe this shit?

Well they had some great Feelsy episodes like I Remember You and then they tried to be feelsy later after she left and failed at it, so it doesn't take much to put two and two together

>he hasn't seen season 7

Like? You didn't give an example where they tried to use pathos after Rebecca left.

forgot to add:
>rebecca sugar invented appealing to the audience's emotions.

Season seven has brought a lot of people around to thinking the show's going in the right direction from where it's been. *IMO* the best episode is "Crossover" if you'd want to gauge it.

>It's a Cred Forums thinks their opinion matters episode

people.com/people/package/article/0,,21026212_21030042,00.html

ibtimes.com/simpsons-adventure-time-crossover-everything-we-know-about-season-28-couch-gag-2413861

There you have it. Nobody is going to remember Steven Universe, Star Vs. or Loud House within the next couple of years despite them having huge discussion threads here. No point in discussing about this show here when Cred Forums is still butthurt over shit that happen years ago. Anyways be prepare for some retard to post "that" video again by that faggot and say everything in it is accurate.

There are better cartoons out there.

It became clear despite all the forced HAPPENING and deep dank lore, the story boarders never had a single fucking plan, vision, consistent world building or really idea what they were doing so the show meandered on endlessly without direction.

The ugly clusterfuck that's season 6 is the best/worst example from start to finish. Why was Finn's dad introduced, just to not reveal anything and poof out of existence? It was not only pointless but felt fucking insulting to the viewers that they didn't plan it out far ahead or really care.
>He disappears
>fuck you btw
Also Guther being a space god and then being defeated by grass sword in the span of like 3-5 episodes was fucking stupid, and basically they made so many dumb choices it ruined the show.

Season 7 was a marked improvement, but not enough to capture the atmosphere and hype the show once had, nor the breezy comedy. With both Penn and Sugar no longer working on it the show's pretty much a garbage heap.

Fuck off.

Here's my top 5:
1:Don't Look
2:Beyond the Grotto
3:Crossover
4:King's Ransom
5:Angel Face

>Steven Universe
>MLP

gr8 b8

Also, the tumblr/cal-art styled moved on to become like Calence and Steven Universe.

If you said Cal Arts was squishy bean mouths and 'that' head shape 4-5 years ago people would call you retarded and confused, because back then the 'Cal Arts' style was Adventure Time/Regular Show/Bee and Puppy cat noodle limb button-eye faces. Now that's gone out of style and nobody even remembers when it was popular or trendy.

>Why does this asked every other week?
Because the fandom completely disappeared.
Even when new episodes aired this week the threads would be lucky to get a 100 post, usually capping at 30-50.
Dead show.
Dead fandom.

>Even when new episodes aired this week the threads would be lucky to get a 100 post, usually capping at 30-50.
Confirmed for never visiting the threads

>Steven Universe
>Right next to Zatch Bell
>CRYING the show and CRYING the anime
This triggers me greatly

Maybe I accidentally caught the 'after' thread threads. But most ones I went to while a new episode was airring seemed pretty damn dead.

>show has no direction
Been that way since the start, Adventure Time has never followed a main storyline. There isn't one story in Ooo, just a compilation of stories.
>Finn's dad
Finn's dad didn't have a major impact, but a lot can be said to many things in the show. Also, what were you expecting to happen? A guy that abandoned his son in the woods be a good father. The moment we saw that Martin gave no fucks about Finn is the moment you should have expected nothing. We saw he has access to advance technology, yet he didn't even bother to search for Finn. He left Finn to die. How do I know he had access to technology? His familiarity with star cruisers he asked from Finn.

>Orgalord coming and going made the show shit
While you tell me this, I am simultaneously told that a bad guy appearing too many times makes the show shit,e.g., Lich.
>hurr do they have any other villains
How did that ruin the show? That implies that the events in the Comet influenced the plots in every episode that followed.

>Without Pen and Sugar the show is shit
But yet we recieve quality episodes without them, fyi Penn provides insight on episode outlines. He is still a part of the show.

>he's never posted in the talkback threads we have for every episode that has ever aired

>rock lovers
The preferred term is "Gemtlemen"

It may not have had a direction but they clearly 'tried' to have one, with misleading shit like the Frost and Fire, X and X subtitled episodes that seemed like they were going for a mini-arc. Honestly they did a lot of forced plot shit but it never went anywhere.
Finn's blood and grass sword didn't flow into an arc.
Jake's family thing just duped us and went back to the status quo.
PB turning young. PB losing her kingdom. Nothing ever sticks and stories lose their momentum when the status quo is dad.

>Also, what were you expecting to happen?
That at the very least, we'd get some closure with him? Him telling Finn's backstory, some sort of development, anything better than what we got. As is it's just "He's an asshole, stays and asshole and disappears as an asshole. The end."
Also the whole Cosmic jail breakout thing went nowhere.
>While you tell me this,
I didn't say it made the show shit.
I just said it was handled poorly. The Lich reappearing and becoming foreverially babyitized was pretty dumb too, and it doesn't look like that potential will go anywhere.

>He is still a part of the show.
There's some good episodes. But without a showrunner to truly put their foot down and go "No this is stupid we're not doing this shit" the storyboarders have way too much control and not any oversight. We don't have the same Penn who told them they couldn't make ugly meme internet faces and exaggerated expressions at the shows start, they just do whatever they want.

Not for the past year obviously.
The show is just dead so I only bothered to peak in from time to time after. No real discussion, people hardly care anymore.
The show's reached full fatigue status.

this guy gets it

>be prepared for that retard to post that video
I sure fucking hope not, I explained why that guy was bushitting a lot of it in that thread.

You are only proving how retarded you really are.

Ad hominem

>cartoons are irrelevant

Same thing that will happen to SU soon.

Overstayed its welcome.

*tios fedora*

>forced plots
Please define
>nothing changes
I could give you a list that will fill up this entire comment.
>cosmic break out went no where
Where did you expect it to go? They went to the citadel to find Martin, the Lich escaped, and consequently the Citadel was destroyed. Literally what was there to expect
>Martin didnt change
Here's the problem, you were expecting for something to happen based on an assumption, without any evidence, and then call foul on the writters for not doing what YOU wanted.
>Lich baby didn't go anywhere
Did you ever think that it might be because that's the conclusion for him?

>no control
>what is Adam Muto
Muto is doing a fine job, and got some decent/good storyboarders: Hanna K, Polly Guo, and Aleks Sennwald(I'm looking foward to what she will bring in the future.) Sennwald is also storyboarded Preboot, which is set to air "later in the fall."
>no real discussion
Do you not know what a talkback is user? We even have pre and post talkback threads. We've ony had about 3 episodes the past 5 months, what do you want us to talk about? The lack of episodes to discuss?

Ad hominem

ad hominem again
not an argument either. My point still stands, or rather you have yet to properly challenge it.

I liked Rebecca Sugar's work on Adventure Time before Steven Universe was even a concept image on Rebecca's blog. It's a big part of the reason I started watching SU. Stay salty though.

Jello apocalypse fucked the shit out of the storyline

>Yeah whatev
Way to kill every fucking arc, while at the same time reinforce that Finn is a Beta piece of as shit. I don't just mean with girls, he pretty proved he was worthless a bubblegum knight.

I occasionally catch SU, it's entertaining to see their fandom collapse on itself after a "shit" episode airs that SJW defend. Makes me happy knowing that every fandom has their problems.

Frost and Fire and Breezy come to mind.

>Finn is beta
>Alpha as fuck with Canyon in "Mama Said"
>Alpha as fuck with Huntress Wizard in "Flute Spell"
>Alpha as fuck with Flame Princess in "Bun Bun"
?????
Well techincally Finn is literally her knight. And if you suggest to me that he does it to get in PB's pants explain to me why he had no reaction whatsoever when PB kissed him in "Hot Diggity Doom"

Pathos in Frost and Fire? Breezy? Do you not know what Pathos is? Even then, did Sugar invent Pathos?

Makes a great criticism on one episode that aired almost two years ago
>entire series is destroyed
>no fuck you an entire season that aired after Breezy is fucked over

Where is your confusion coming from?

goostanza poster here; im not trying to contest your argument, im gonna leave that to im making fun of you.

I've seen both episodes fairly recently and have no ides what you're talking about. Mind clarifying for me? Tell me how rhetoric was used in those episodes you named.

i appreciate (you)r donation

So basically you're not
this guy, you don't know what he meant when he said "pathos",and you just came into a conversation you didn't understand. Got it.

I would just like to see a PB miniseries.

I see the defensive Bubblinefag is here, again.

We need to give him a nickname

Regular show and this show came out when I was 12. Is it bad that I wan them to end? These shows don't make me happy like they used to. What makes it even worse is that other people's hatred of it makes me want to distance myself from the shows even more. I lost all hope on modern toons. At least binging stardust crusaders is making me feel better.

>with Canyon in "Mama Said"
That's because she is out of his league so he is still in his comfort zone. I don't ever see him and her ever being a thing.
>>Alpha as fuck with Huntress Wizard in "Flute Spell"
That's pretty late into the series, but he turned he down at the end, so doesn't count
>>Alpha as fuck with Flame Princess in "Bun Bun"
How does that count, basically fixing a bridge he broke. Cinnamon is still her boyfriend.

>Well techincally Finn is literally her knight. And if you suggest to me that he does it to get in PB's pants explain to me why he had no reaction whatsoever when PB kissed him in "Hot Diggity Doom"
That not what I was suggesting at all. What I was suggesting is that PB is physically more able to get the job done than finn. Finn's no reaction was my point he just comes of fucking boring when he finishes a quest and just goes home.

I know what Pathos is, I dont recall Pathos being used in the episodes listed. Im waiting for an explanation on how it was used.

Here in the last thread and the one before that as well. Bubblinefag is fine.

>Finn is beta
My argument wasn't that he was going to get with Canyon. Are there even "leagues" in Ooo? He handled the situations like an alpha. You're making assumptions and inserting into characters and declaring what they felt as fact, when it is your own interpretation that lacks evidence

1: You're feeling nostalgia, the reason recent episodes arent making you feel a certain way is because you don't reminisce over new episodes.
2: Don't let other people's opinions affect how YOU feel about something. Make your own opinions.

>Please define
Setting up a mini-arc or subplot without a properly delineated conclusion is clear baiting, or just shitty bad writing.

>I could give you a list that will fill up this entire comment.
Nothing 'meaningful' changes.
>Muh goal post
If someone comments on your house and how you stay inside all day and do the same thing, being snarky and nitpicking how you moved the furniture or re-painted the ceiling with superficial changes isn't momentum. It's not moving or going anywhere. The story goes back and forth on details that don't matter but nothing ultimately changes, the characters don't progress or grow. I've got to be honest, even that scourge that is Sugar's new show starts looking like a real gem when can see more clear development than anywhere in AT.

>Here's the problem, you were expecting for something to happen
I was expecting a good story and cute or watchable moments for 15 minutes a pop. Sorry I hurt the writers feelings with my booboo expectations?
Character changes =/= narrative changes.
Martin was offered as a new main character and plot element, but ultimately didn't affect anything, reveal anything or serve any purpose at all. He wasn't even pleasant or interesting, just a shitty idea they came up with one time and never delivered or built anything on.

>Did you ever think that it might be because that's the conclusion for him?
I wouldn't because he's not framed that way. Babby!Lich continually reappears and the show teases this being a capricious state. Is that meaningful? Probably not.

>No control
Why didn't they reel in Moynihan's shit than?
He made so many bad decisions, from Magic Man's weird dumb arc to the prelude that lead to Betty becoming a pseudo character.
>Talkbacks
I was in those threads, they're way dead. Atleast for AT's prime, I don't even expect them to hit post limit ever or get much real discussion. Now that may be because of CN's shit scheduling, but episodes that are dropped haphazardly aren't discussed.

>starts as slice of life
>decides to do slow worldbuilding
>decides to do story arcs
>arcs go nowhere
>snap back to status quo constantly
>still begins arcs that go nowhere
>all characters turned into unlikeable assholes
>the slice of life is gone
>worldbuilding exists only to fuel the most autistic shit possible and more aborted arcs
>doesnt do anything at this point but wallow in its quickly drying up puddle of popularity
>and lesbian shipping wars

such a shame, could have been great

hope it gets the mercy kill soon

What episode is that?
The SU crew hates the sjw tumblr crowd and have since ceased contact on twitter. and SJWs hate the show due to fatshaming and 'black coded' characters like Bismuth not being paragons of virtue and depicted as violent chimpouts.

CB is her boyfriend. Why did I not acknowledge this. CB is her knight. Not a bf. What is so hard to understand about that?

you know when you buy a big bag of candy and eat the whole fucking thing at once and now you're sick of candy?
remember how adventure time crammed 4.5 seasons into 2 years? yeah. dont do that. we got so fucking hyped. the hype kept building and building and eventually you get priapism

You aren't giving me any context user. A lot is just your own personal emotions that don't directly represent the show itself. You keep saying it went nowhere, well where exactly were you expecting it to go?
>Baby Lich is teased
Oh that one episode in season 6 when the Lich possesses Sweat P's conscious? And m
never brought up again? I would say that's a conclusion, for now at least. You're saying it went nowhere, but that isn't fact until the show ends. You DON'T know what the episodes will be about in the future, so how can you certainly say subplots that haven't been completely explained have offically ended?
>Talkbacks are thread
Only the last two, partially because they aired a month apart. Did you ever consider that?

The one with nuRose, I only glimpse it, in all honesty the only thing I get is the fandom is having a bitch fest.

Can you imagine what SU would be like if it was given the AT treatment writing wise?

>Uh oh, what's this! Connie and SU have a gem daughter! This is going to CHANGE EVERYTHING, wait nvm she's shattered the episode after she's introduced
>Woah, Steven wants a girlfriend! He does not comprehend emotional space so he goes around kissing all the girls of Beach city, way WACKY!
>Wow, they introduced a new gem girl? Could she be the love of Steve's life! Wait nevermind, he lost her playing out his BDSM fantasies and now she's dating Ronaldo!
>Oh looky, Steven has a new episode where he gets a new weapon! What's that, the weapon broke? Ignore it, let's talk about the ship tease between Garnet and Pearl now
>Pearl is SO super mysterious and has an angsty past! You're going to keep hearing about it! Will we tell you it? Only in the mini-series, then she can fuck off
>Ruh roh, Blue Diamond is here and unleashed the Gem fleet- oooh woopsie they got lost offscreen or something. BD will reappear at the end of the season to confront Stev- Nevermind, a Ruby FARTED and was actually a cosmic space ruby, Blue Diamond is dead by gem farts XD. Also Rose Quartz is gone forever and popped out of existence, woops!
Fuck Adventure Time.

Thats why all shows should be storyboarded and written as self-contained things from the start. You can love or hate SU but you have to admit its incredibly consistent in style and tone.

I just dont get what they hoped to gain with butchering AT like that. Like what the fuck was wrong with Finn and Jake getting into random wacky adventures. If they wanted story, why no just finish the goddamn fucking arcs they spent seasons building up instead of having them fizzle out and do nothing except turning the hero and protagonist of the show into a beta for no reason.

I'm not talking about my emotions, this is basic narrative expectation. Obviously the AT crew doesn't get it because they think if they just hype up a big event and try to make it supercool they can get people interested when they don't have a plan or story to tell. So they stall and introduce something without expecting to be able to work out the narrative logic for it first.
Take Jake's kids, that sure could've been really interested. I mean Jake, a family man? But they didn't know what to do with that as soon as they introduced it so they had them 'grow up quickly' to avoid addressing it. That doesn't mean we don't get to see his kids, but there's no real meaning constructed in the show about what purpose they serve or trying to convince the readers why they should care post-delivery. Do they have arcs? Real development? They don't serve as foils or have any clear relationship between each other or Jake or the story, there's no pattern or payoff. It's like an anti-story. Exhausting.

I'd be fine with that Sweet P episode being the Lich's end, but I don't trust the writers not to dig that shit back up for a quick shock n' grab. So they won't ever make it clear for the viewer that it's it for him, because that would require commitment.

>partially because they aired a month apart. Did you ever consider that?
I did. It was just mentioned it in the post you replied to.

kek.
>Uh oh Rose shattered Pink Diamond
>you want to see? Too bad heres three more episodes of filler
>Jasper is corrupted, surely this will lead to SOMETHING
>lol nope, have more FILLER
>You want answers that Steven can literally just ask
>LMAO R U SERIOUS?!
>LETS HAVE STEVEN CRY SOME MORE

The same thing that happened to it's quality.

>Have some mystery
>Reveal the secrets behind the mystery
>Don't have anything afterwards to substantiate the reveals
>Characters just stand around awkwardly while the narrative goes "Now what"

If Gravity Falls hadn't ended in season 2 it would have suffered the same fate.

Can you believe that we live in a world where, out of ALL the cartoons that are out there, the only one that does mystery right is fucking Steven Universe?

t. rock lover

I wonder how many people notice that this chart doesn't end at 0 for the lowest, just at 7.

>Ruined Finns character
>Builds up a plot point, and then completely fails to deliver on it
>Stopped being comfy fun adventures, now it's all shipping shit

Sure, I'm not ashamed of that, I love it because it's good.

People said the same shit about season 6.
At this point I'm to burned out to care anymore.

t. butthurt lorefag
At least Steven Universe will eventually touch those topics, if it were like Adventure Time that shit would be done for and never brought up again.

Fuck off, SoL fag.

Those types of shows have never, and will never be good

That's actual story though, with hints dropped that we, the viewers expect to eventually learn more about. It all progresses naturally. If we're several seasons in and we get to a "very special CGs visit Homeworld episode" only for them to be teleported back to earth at the end, and still having not learned anything about PD despite such a blatantly lazy delivery then we can cry foul.

Also
>Misusing the term Filler
lmao
I agree that the townie episodes are disposable otherwise.
If one tries to look at all the storylines, arcs and subplots of AT, while the show is a fucking mess with no pending cleanup in sight.

This. It would be like if immediately after Lapis or the Jasper episode we got like 3-4 seasons of the SU cast fucking around in Beach City over pointless townie eps without ever so much as hearing about them again, and then expecting them to be important and hyped up to return- only for even that delivery to be as disappointment and not worth the wait.

>the only one that does mystery right is fucking Steven Universe?

We'll see. They're dropping the ball pretty heavily this season. I swear if we get another goddamn Restaurant or Kevin episode instead of learning about the Gem War I'll feel let down.

retard

Yeah an AT delivery would be like
>WOAH they're going to homeworld! They're gonna confront the Diamonds! Happening!
>Tune in this week it's so special and important LOOK AT ME WATCH US
>At the end of the ep nothing happens and the cast are teleported back to beach city
>episode ends on an "lolsoquirky silence" or fartjoke
>Next new episode airs tomorrow, we're back to eps about Steven looking for the perfect Pizza or something insanely pointless
>The show acts like the previous HAPPENING ep never occurred and tries to brush it under the rug

Adventure Time is like that faggot dreamer who keeps promising to pay you back a lot of money, saying he has a new scheme big time and is going to be super rich, but always fails and fucks up and when you ask him about it shrugs and giggles like a retard mumbling trying to brush it off until his NEXT FINAL SCHEME where he'll surely become a millionaire.

The problem with AT is that every writer is trying to tell their own stories.

>Can you believe that we live in a world where, out of ALL the cartoons that are out there, the only one that does mystery right is fucking Steven Universe?
Except it's not you dummy, Mystery Inc. and Over the Garden Wall blow SU out of the fucking water when it comes to "mystery" and hype build up/pay off.

It became "Strong Womens: the animated series"

Last couple season have been great what are you on about?

Only criticism I feel is entirely justified. When they have a meeting to storyboard episodes, they all share their own episode ideas. They are effectively telling their own stories. I personally don't see how it's problematic

>AT thread turns into discussion on SU
everytime :'(

Holy shit, Adventure Time is now just Clickbait: The Show

Its funny because both shows are the definition of mediocrity

Because the a good writing team should work as a unit for the greater good of the show itself. If everyone did their own thing with there own agenda's then the show itself will never truly develop, grow or go anywhere which is the biggest problem of the show.

AT is a cartoon with great idea's but absolutely no payoff or development of said idea's. They simply stagnate then get dropped as quickly as it was introduced, and this cycle has been going on for a while now.

>I know what Pathos is
No, you don't.
pathos - noun
1. : an element in experience or in artistic representation evoking pity or compassion
You coming in and talking about rhetoric proves you didn't know what the guy I was responding to meant, and had no real stake in the conversation.

It's okay to stop posting once you've been proven wrong.

As a hipster art major, I can confirm this. Even with hundreds of townie episodes, at least something HAPPENS occasionally in SU.

Breezy happened.
Not even kidding here.
Google trends. Right around when Breezy happened is when there was a massive dive and things just kept falling from there.

I was confused at that spike in 2013 but then I realized it had to be I Remember You/The Lich. Didn't think they would account for so much, even though people dickride IRY all the time I remember it having fairy average ratings.

I mean, honestly, it kinda makes sense considering SU is basically reaching up to levels of talk/interest that only really AT ever hit.

I believe it. A lot of people got upset with that one. For one thing, the episode was just not very funny, or exciting, or effective at instilling the emotions it actually seemed to be going for, and besides that, there was the idea that LSP raped/molested Finn, which seemed pretty strongly implied. On top of all that you had a lame song and a status quo revert, to the point that the episode basically embodied everything that was wrong with the show at that point.

I've never looked this up myself but I've seen a lot of trends from other people showing that AT was like, always way above SU and only dipped below in like the last year or two. What's up with that?

>Hey, Mr. President, we need a way to boost the popularity of all our shows, what should we do?

>Hmm, how about we show one episode each day of the week, so the hype can stay relatively high? We'll call it a bomb.

>That's great sir, and then we can air every episode after once a week again right?

>No. always bombs. Forever bombs.

Songs were alright and it did a decent job at showing Finn spiral down in depression but everything else is mediocre or abominable.

I feel like everything else in the episode is so rage inducing that everyone forgets those shitty redneck bees, one of the lamest and most transparent jokes the show's ever had.

I am that faggot dreamer, faggot.
I swear to fucking God if it means killing myself I'll repay everyone the last thing I want to end up is a leach.

Motherfucker he's the one person in Adventure Time whose actually had a good character arc. I'm so glad Jesse was able to finish him up on his own terms before he left.

AT was like an interesting experiment, but just that. I set up the legwork for SU to exist and Steven Universe has since surpassed it's predecessor in every aspect.

oops, meant to quote the Magic Man part. His arc was pretty cool.

>I feel like everything else in the episode is so rage inducing that everyone forgets those shitty redneck bees
That sounds right, because I don't remember them at all, but I do remember the bee that was turned on by Finn's flower turning into some kind of humanoid bee queen and offering to make him into her drone, then later doing some kind of weird bee magic to make Finn's arm grow back so she could get the flower after the Lumpy Space Rape, and that was bad enough.

Well good for you! I believe in you user, if you have hard work and determination you can definitely succeed and earn that payoff!

Sadly I cannot say the same for AT, it seems to far gone. Short of a Preboot/Reboot it'll stagnate forever until it bites the dust.

I lost interest when every cool arc or whatever had build up and potential to change stuff but then nope lol status quo and stuff that did change just get like some one random episode but at that point it's just like whatever

I don't even dislike Adventure Time but I certainly don't trust it anymore. I watch the show once in a while cause I like the characters and get a few laughs and then I read fanfiction of it for actually cool stories and development.

There's some snazzy stories out there guys.

Pathos is a form if rhetoric. I know what Pathos is, you are just assuming I didn't.

Underrated post

youtube.com/watch?v=Vh76l5r-rmY
Remember the commercials that hyped this shit up?
How the commercials said "things would change" because of it?
Remember how Cred Forums was losing their mind over what might've happened?

Remember when literally nothing ended up happening? It was a clickbait show from the start of season 4.

>missing the point so hard
Man you're retarded. That case was much more the trailers doing the hyping and not the show itself, that episode NOT being a love triangle was the best thing it could have done.

Most other cases have been the show legitimately hyping things then fucking them all up.

-Hiatuses
-Anti-climactic finales for story arcs
-Ran out of ideas

Like I said, it's okay to stop posting after you've been proven wrong.

>Hipster art majors moved on because Steven Universe
ftfy

>ran out of ideas

This shows they are hacks. They had so much material to work with (post apocalyptic world, a adventurous main character and his brother, legitimate reasons to go off world, etc).

They never ran out of ideas, just used ideas that are kind of retarded.

>-Anti-climactic finales for story arcs
>-Ran out of ideas

That's the one thing that bugs me about Adventure Time and the piss poor finales with nothing new to build on.

The show had one of the best starts for world building where basically anything was possible.

You want a show about talking candy people? Wizard fights? Talking dogs? Post-apocalyptic world? Gods who love to party? The list goes on and on.

It takes talent to somehow fuck all of that potential up.

To much loyalty to status quo caused people not to care about whatever WACKY CHANGE that happened next
Pretentious writers trying to put their own artsy shit on the show, not caring if it even fit, this shit only got worse after the creator and all the people who made the show what it was left
Less focus on Finn as the series progressed (i'm pretty sure one of the writers said they flat out hated finn for some reason)
And CN's shitty scheduling actively trying to kill the show

Its fucking depressing honestly, one of the biggest cartoons out their, that could even be thanked as saving CN. But its not going out in a bang, it not even gonna have people who care when its over, its fading away.
In a lot of ways it has the same fate of what Homestuck had. Biggest thing out their at one time, but leaves with no one caring. I guess this is what you get for pandering to tumblr and not trying to make a good story instead

No one will really remember these things for what they were, but the fandom around it

infiniteguest.org/conversation-parade/2015/07/storyboarding-and-bmos-multitudes/

Steve Wolfhard. He only recently "warmed up" to Finn himself.

Finn's development as a whole is like that one spongebob episode where spongebob and patrick thought they killed squidward and desperately tried to put him together again. Yeah, it seems like he's put together again, but he really isn't.

>you're God
What the fuck happened?

>warmed up
probably said that to save face

People exaggerate but it is pretty dumb.

Finn meets a comet in the Season 6 finale and it speaks to him and tells him that he's the reincarnation of the universe or something along those lines and asks Finn if he wants to ascend to a higher plane of existence, Finn declines because he wants to stay in the normal plane.

So pretty much Finn ISN'T a god or whatever people say, he just apparently used to be one in the past, which just makes me wonder why they made that into something important to begin with.

Samurai Jack isn't even that good. Every fight is the same.
>Light effects for swords
>3 panel zoom ins on dramatic cuts
>same 4 sword sound effects on loop

>How an episode of AT is made at 23:05

>Finn specifically 24:15 (references Finn's acting in Lemmonhope as well)

youtube.com/watch?v=iLbyjaF8Cyc

this one?

Do you think CN will go Full Sym Bionic Titan and cancel Adventure Time, making it end on a cliffhanger?

>Samurai Jack higher than Avatar

No

Bubbleine has no basis in canon unless I missed something

Sniffing a shirt doesn't mean you love someone romantically

It waned
Which happens to every show, regardless of real quality

Those cartoons have been concluded for years.

Also Over The Garden Wall didn't feel as much like a mystery as it was advertised.

I'm a rockfucker, thank you very much. Don't confuse us with those brogems.

No, they don't.

Lion was made from Pink Diamond. White Diamond is bubbled in the basement.

"Brogems"? Excuse you, we call ourselves Geodudes, thank you very much.

Finn's development was so awful. I'd say "one of the worst" but I feel like all the main characters suffered awful development.

He used to be immature but it was endearing considering how expressive and how heroic he tried to be at times. Now he's the worst kind of immature and childish. Being dead inside doesn't count as emotional maturity.

>Watching a bad show for one good season

is this even still airing?
I don't see ads for it and it doesn't even show up in the CN bumpers

>it's simple therefore it's bad
ok

>it's popular so it's good
>Everything that's not popular is bad
Are you fifteen?

I'm guessing you watched at least one episode and not the rest, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

I watched it when i was younger Then i rewatched it and realized it was tedious shit.

it's like when i tried rewatching transformers RiD and Armada and they were garbage

>it was tedious shit.
It really wasn't, most of the episodes were able to tell a pretty interesting story on their own, each with their own style and flair to it. Simplifying how the fight scenes work doesn't mean anything considering most fight scenes in shows work in their own specific way.

we will have to agree to disagree
i take my leave of you

What cliffs could there possibly be to hang on?

Flame princess ass hole.

What about her?

How many times do you people plan on making these threads?
It's simple.
The writers' inability to properly end arcs, poorly handled teen angst, and Finn's arm coming back in a poorly justified manner turned off the fans.

It's funny. Jmoyns actually came on here and explained that the whole comet thing was supposed to represent about how Finn's past had no hold on his present. He apologized how poorly handled it was.

Right before Marcy and PB eat each other out, the screen cuts to black

3 or 4 retarded anons decided to shit on it every day

>What makes it even worse is that other people's hatred of it makes me want to distance myself from the shows even more
>binging stardust crusaders

If other people's hatred turns you off of a show, don't go on Cred Forums or Cred Forums. They fucking hate SDC.

Why the fuck would you hate SDC? Because they're fuckin superweebs?

What are they, gay?

>makes me wonder why they made that into something important to begin with
This sums up most of the show, their making up new shit as they go without ever following on any of it.

>tios

You know what? I don't fucking care.

What cartoon in the history of cartoons has ever had more than two or three seasons worth of good material.

If Adventure Time can meet that (and it does) that puts it on the same level as the best stuff out there.

>What are they, gay?
Why would they hate "gay men posing: the anime" if they were?

I would probably give Dan vs. Animaniacs a watch.

I think Pen mentioned they were plotting the story as they went.
Then they decided to spearhead the lore thing which attracted more attention, but eventually backfired when they literally lost the plot.

By then shows like Gravity Falls and Rebecca Sugar had entered the scene with their more structured arcs and AT didn't have the same shine as it previously did.

>gay men posing: the anime
>the anime
>anime

If your show was really good and innovative, then you just spend years hacking the corpse with pretension, pandering, and really bizarre writing choices that don't really make logical sense but were done just so they could be different than all the fanfics, it takes a long time for fans to start deserting your franchise. So long that even years later, there is still a small hardcore group of followers that insist on patronizing it.

It's called the 'Sonic the Hedgehog' effect.

Here's your (You)

That makes no sense? Season 7 is good, so watch it. Season 7 isn't bad because a season before it was, season 6 and season 7 are two different entities with different direction.

> (OP)
>There are better cartoons out there.

>MLP

GET THE FUCK BACK INTO YOUR GODDAMN CONTAINMENT BOARD YOU PIECE OF SHIT

it will be great if someone label some famous/infamous episodes on this chart

There really is a noticeable drop in the 2nd half of 2014 and Breezy came out in June '14 so....damn. I hated Breezy same as everyone else on Cred Forums, but I didn't know it was a commonly held opinion.

They always pop out some interesting ideas and then end it poorly (Finn losing hands, comet arc, Betty, FP). Sorry. I really can't get into it anymore. Every time i see something interesting in AT, I instantly feel i will be disappointed.

Also they changed some of their characters personality, which makes them not lovable

This. also bump

>Large portion of the fanbase turned off by the reduced emphasis on comedy
>Another large portion was later turned off by the increased emphasis on romance plot and the absurdism to drive jokes rather than proper set up
>Almost every single plot-important episode was a disappointment

steven universe and gravity falls came, so did amazing world of gumball

Here's my individual case:
I stopped watching after the beginning of the 7th season, because I didn't like the rigid tone of the vampire-slaughtering special. Also I always thought that Marcy simply inherited her powers from her dad, who's in charge of the Nightosphere, if I remember correctly. Then there was PB's brother. He seemed kinda out of place and forced in to me. If he was that important to his sister, she wouldn't NOT mention him for 7 seasons to her closest friends. This inconsistency (I admit it's quite subjective) bummed me out and I knew it was over for me.

>Pen stopped trying to control the narrative
>Cal Arts grads use the show as a springboard to do whatever they want and then fuck off
>Finn's character gets destroyed because of this
>tumblr shippers they pandered to moved on to SU

I kind of agree about the Marcy miniseries not being too great, but the Bonnie and Neddy thing I could see working with PB's character. She mentions people like Gumbald, or Mr. Creampuff, and now Neddy, but we never really expand on those characters. She just alludes to stuff and never really tells anybody anything until she sees a reason to tell.

>mad scientist princess creates a subject specifically designed to get in her pants
>sobers up mentally and rejects advances just as you're about to get in her pants as well and eventually lets a past GF in her pants and you're stuck in the friendzone
Sucks shit for Finn

Why is this so apt..

It was never about adventure yet adventure was the only thing pulling people in
And when adventure got completely dropped everyone dropped the show

How about you add the horse show there hmmmmmmmm?

I honestly thing that the seventh season has been the best season so far and have no idea what the rest of you are talking about

>SJWs hate the show due to fatshaming and 'black coded' characters like Bismuth not being paragons of virtue and depicted as violent chimpouts.
the fuck
keep talking yourself that

>filler
aka the rest of the cartoon

It's true, lots of people on Tumblr were legit mad at the Bismuth episode because they thought it was anti-BLM.

Based on what? Your ass?

>Nobody is going to remember Steven Universe
keep telling yourself that bucko

>anti-BLM
wait, really?
how?
why?
huh?

>mad scientist creates a subject to get in her pants
Who?

>Finn character destroyed
>destroyed
exagerration, people are going to read that and assume the memes about Finn being a cuck and spaghetti mess are true. None of those memes even apply to him in season 7. What I want to know, is how season 7 can't redeem Finn after some bad episodes in the last one. Apparently one season destroys his character, but another one can't repair it?

That piece sums up modern AT. The writers are more interested in the side characters than the main characters.

Not him but I'm pretty sure it's PB. She created the candy people and had a candy person boyfriend. Revealed in actually the first episode.

the side characters are way more interesting than the main characters
so how is this a bad thing?

"Don't kill people" is apparently racist.

I'm so confused

Show just isn't fun to watch anymore.

>Bismuth wants to ruthlessly kill the authorities that are oppressing her and anyone that stands in her way
>Steven doesn't want her to do that
>That means the SU writers think it's wrong to kill cops who oppress black people
>SU writers hate BLM
Like that.

Slumber Party Panic. PB mentions she used to date a guy Mr. CreamPuff. Nowhere was it implied PB created the Candy People in that episode. It wasn't until "The Vault" where we see Mr. CreamPuff next to PB. She says he is "like her boyfriend." This means that PB did not immediately start dating Mr. CreamPuff; 'like.' There is no evidence that she created MCP for the purpose of finding a partner, that's an assumption.

christ thats a ridiculous stretch

Well you shouldn't of made the main characters so dull to the point where background character 17B is more interesting than the main cast.

However background characters having their own episodes is perfectly fine but you shouldn't abandon the main cast. Imagine if the Simpsons went 10 episodes in a row where only 2 of them revolved around the Simpsons family. Doing this made people who watched the show for the main cast leave and now we have a show with low interest levels.

I also think nobody should get/have gotten into PB's pants, because in "the suitor" she stated, that she needs all her energy and love for her kingdom, which was a damn noble act and I admired her nobility and greatness. So now WTF? Great I stopped watching. I couldn't stand such shit.

You're telling me, man.

They see an analogy and then get mad at it.

but they didnt abandon the main cast

>main cast abandoned
Every season always has Finn possess the most appearances. Right behind him Jake. Every. Season. That's a delusion the main cast isn't focused on anymore
>interesting
Completely subjective

why must such a great show attract such lunacy

>Exactly one year ago
Undertale: Has a pacifism route
Tumblr: Undertale is just so, um, precious. Ugu. It really teaches about love and tolerance. There's always a chance for good. owo

>One month ago
Steven Universe: Doesn't support genocide
Tumblr: What's this SJW bullshit?

That's why you stopped watching? I don't believe that.

I said: Great I didn't see this. I stopped because of other reasons. I just pointed out a detail contributing to the overall crapiness.

>the side characters are way more interesting than the main characters
boring main characters are common, but usually they're still the main characters, with plots being more focused on the MC learning about the interesting people around them
boring main characters are the way because they're easy self insert for viewers

they pretty much wrote Finn off the show because they didn't like him

how many of those episodes is finn even doing something?

>wrote Finn off the show
>Has the most major appearances in season 7

see

All of them

see

He made a different chart with the bad cartoons later

The show has always been about what Finn and Jake explore. When they went up Mt. Cragdor what was interesting was the villains and trials he encountered, not Finn. "The Enchiridion!" First episode produced.

Not him but the slice of life town episodes are so boring.

>anything better than what we got. As is it's just "He's an asshole, stays and asshole and disappears as an asshole. The end."
Welcome to how a lot of dad-less kids feel.

not so much explore, generally them in Ooo, but still. It's the setting, not so much them.

Is the theatrical movie still hapenning?

Don't even bother replying to that user, it's just "How I feel the show should be run is the best way, and if it doesn't do what I wanted it is shit." He doesn't care that most people do not change, he ignores the fact that Martin left Finn to die, he just wanted Martin to develope to liking Finn because that's how he felt it should be. Personally, if I was Finn, I would tell Martin to fuck off. He left me to die and suddenly I need to care about him.

8 of the episodes were just all dedicated to Marcy

Developement started October 15. Movies don't happen in a day. Postponed probably
I didn't ask that. You asked if he had any influence on the plot and being a major character. Also:
>Stakes is all of season 7, so therefore Finn has been written off from the show

>October 15
Meant October 2015

>Thats why all shows should be storyboarded and written as self-contained things from the start.
No

>Jake should have been a family man
Yeah that would have been a good change, except it would have also pissed off a lot of fans and had them bail from the show. If you ever bothered to post in the threads hyping and discussing "Jake the Dad" you would have known this. Not everyone agrees with you, and your expectations aren't always the best. Best is completelt subjective and limited to taste.

>"Bonnie & Neddy"
Finn and Jake are there, but main focus is Bonnie and Neddy's relationship, Finn and Jake's only purpose in this episode was finding Neddy
>"Varmints"
this episode is about Bonnie and Marceline
>"Cherry Cream Soda"
this episode is about Root Beer Guy
>"Mama Said"
an episode where Finn actually has a major role!
>"Football"
BMO episode
>Stakes saga (this is like 8 episodes)
all these episodes are about Marceline, Finn and Jake are there, but its about her
>"The More You Moe, The Moe You Know" (2 episodes)
about BMO
>"Summer Showers"
about Viola
>"Angel Face"
about BMO, and Jake
>"President Porpoise is Missing!"
Finn and Jake actually both have a major role here
>"Blank Eyed Girl"
about Finn and Jake!
>"Bad Jubies"
about Finn and Jake!
>"King's Ransom"
about Finn and Jake!
>"Scamps"
about Finn!
>"Crossover"
about Finn, but this is honestly a real fuck you honestly. Farm Finn deserved more than one more episode to tie loose ends
>"The Hall of Egress"
about Finn
>"Flute Spell"
about Finn and Huntress Wizard. honestly this is how you do an episode with a side character right, have the main characters having a main focus involved with the plot, but the side character the reason for the plot. AT writers have a way of just making a plot about a side character without the main characters
>"The Thin Yellow Line"
about Finn and Jake
>"Broke His Crown"
about PB and Marcy
>"Don't Look"
about Finn and Jake
>"Beyond the Grotto"
about Finn and Jake
>Lady Rainicorn of the Crystal Dimension
about Lady
>"I Am a Sword"
about Finn, and the status quo going back to normal
>"Bun Bun"
about Cinnamon Bun
>"Normal Man"
about Magic Man
>"Elemental"
about Ice King, PB, Slime Princess, and Flame Princess
>"The Music Hole"
about Finn
>"Daddy-Daughter Card Wars"
about Charlie

so that's like 14 about Finn
like 9 about Jake (also forgot to count he sorta had a bigger than background role in "Daddy-Daughter Card Wars)
and 6 being Finn and Jake
with there being 38 episodes of season 7

>Tumblr is one person

seems good to me

Scary accurate.

Gotta say Korra's sudden tank makes me feel a little happy. No real ill will towards it but they kind of had it coming.

This is bullshit though. The only side characters who fit this are maybe the other 3 mains (PB, IK, Marceline) and even then they're still other main fucking characters.

You really telling me fucking Candy Person #82 and Tree Trunks are more interesting than Finn and Jake? Fuck outta here, AT's side characters are at best good for comedy sometimes.

>hurr Finn is written off

Don't forget to count Preboot/Reboot where we find out what happened to the humans and Finns mom

Bad writing drove away people who actually liked the show
And the people who liked it for stupid reasons like shipping and lesbians jumped over to SU.

It's literally just that

Except they never said 'it's actually good'. They were commenting on the fact that the show is still popular enough to be in the public eye, yet we have posts like this thread asking 'where did its popularity go?'

It's popularity never left, Cred Forums just moved past the show because it didn't fit the tastes wanted.

>Bun Bun about CB
>ignores half the episode of Finn and FP making up.
CB was a major character, but the episode wasn't "about" him. Not implying it was about Finn either, but don't forget to include a good chunk of the episode.

>Normal man about about Magic Man
I can accept this, but how are you going to ignore Finn and Jake having a major role?

Not that guy but Normal Man was ALL Magic Man. Finn and Jake were basically plot tools to help him take on Manticore and finally reach Glob.

>ignoring Finn and Jake having a major role

>Bubbleine has no basis in canon unless I missed something

Yeah. The voice actress for Marceline confirmed it. The writers decided that bubblegum and marceline "used to date", but that they can't write anything into the show about it because the network would come down on them. So there might be hints here and there but nothing canon by definition.

Yeah but that doesn't mean the episode is about them. It's like, Jake and BMO had major roles in What Was Missing but the episode was about pretty much everyone else, as an example.

Magic Man got all the development from the episode.

Olivia Olson later said she was joking, but then deleted the tweet. Could me multiple reasons why, but let's not use that as evidence.

So fucking what? In that episode Finn and Jake had a major role. How are you going to bitch about Finn and Jake being involved in something, primarily?

>everyone else
So Marceline, Finn, and Princess Bubblegum?

I'm not complaining about it jackass, I loved Normal Man, just saying that Finn and Jake weren't major players in it.

Yeah.

so what?

So just saying.

>except it would have also pissed off a lot of fans and had them bail from the show
Like Breezy and S5.2?

She was joking.

Yeah, but probably in more numbers.

Basing on the fact that when adventure stopped nobody have a fuck about it anymore

It's cause chara is coded white and bismuth is coded black, obviously.

Can't possibly have done more damage than Breezy/infamous trilogy S5 dished out, right?

Bullshit, we have had multiple adventures in season 7 that are just as entensive as season 1 adventures. We have Finn and Jake explore an underwater society, we have our duo go to an alterate dimension, even BMO get's his own adventure and includes Finn and Jake in it, adorable. Adventure Time has never solely or generally been about adventuring, but that doesn't mean we don't have them. Finn and Jake go on an adventure to hunt down a mushroom with our sex goddess Canyon, our heros fight their way up Wildtrap Mountain, all of these are par tier adventures we have had. Finn and Jake even go through space and time.

I used to love Adventure Time. I was one of the drawfags in the drawthreads a year or so back.

I lost interest when it became more about relationships and less about adventures. The constant reverting back to status quo drove me away too. Breezy was the straw that broke the camel's back. It was like everything I hated about new AT in a nutshell.

Stakes was ok, I guess.

Considering that if Jake became a full blown father it would be something that affects how the stories are told in Adventure Time forver, so yeah, it would. It would be a change that would be referenced everytime Finn needs a companion. In the sense of Vinny replacing Brian in Family Guy.

Watch more of season 7, we can't have only Dabble drawing for us.

Who were you dude? One of the big names or lesser know guys? I may remember ya.

it flew too close to the sun

I don't think I was as well known as some of the better artists like Herny.

I made this and a bunch of other stuff

Not bad, any more work you take pride in?

I remember you, didn't you also make like a Lich Lady and Lich FP or something
Yeah you weren't part of the drawfag Renaissance of summer 2011, but like mid 2013 I wanna say.

Did neat stuff man, sorry the show lost ya.

Is Avatar The last Airbender this good to be next to Samurai Jack?

That's really cool

I wasn't there in AT threads that long ago. I will never know Cred Forums's reaction to Finn seeing Marceline lewd in "Marceline's Closet." Do you remember it?

It's pretty goddamn good man. Likely equal if not better, more technically impressive animation and by far a more cohesive and rewarding story, few hiccups aside.

There's a reason people suck it's dick so much, should check it out.

Dabble, get ready for some Susan request when "Preboot" airs in fuck whenever.

Just a few things

I think this may be the last thing I drew for Cred Forums that was AT related. But it was after the draw threads.

I'm honestly surprised you remember me. Yeah, I drew those two things too.

I think I did come in around mid-2013.

Unfortunately I showed up just too late, came around February 2012. But I saw some residue from that, pretty sure Cred Forums was still into the /ss/ stuff between those two back then so likely lots of jerking or whatever.

What I figured, I doubt there is someone who actively posted in AT talkback threads and still active now.

Ay it's cool man, the draw threads were extremely fun and I try to remember all I can of em. Such great stuff, coolest community I've been a part of so far on Cred Forums.

I remember I asked one time and lots of people responded saying they had been with the show either since the beginning or seasons 1-2, but I'm not sure how true that would be. It's been on so fucking long and had some drastic changes that I'd figure a very good portion of people would eventually move on.

>that logo
I KNOW YOU! you deleted your smut tumblr didn't ya.

After the lich the show proved to not be interested in putting mystery and interesting plotlines into the show. I stopped watching, only watching an episode once in a while to see if anything changed.

Hiatus killed it.

I mean fuck, it's like they want it to die.

They were a lot of fun. It sucked to watch them fade away like they did.

Nah, I never had a smut tumblr. I never drew anything NSFW for adventure time either. I drew some cheescake, but that's it. Maybe you have me confused with someone else?

All good things must end homie. Don't be sad that they're gone, treasure the fact that they happened in the first place.

This is how I view Adventure Time too.

adventuretime.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=c-

>I drew some cheescake, but that's it. Maybe you have me confused with someone else?
Hm. Ya sure ya didn't draw some Finn and Canyon/Finn and Huntress Wizard stuffs? I swear I had their tumblr, but it must be lost in my bookmarks.

delet this

>Haven't seen AT in a while on TV due to hiatuses/ nothing but TTG on CN
>"Oh look AT is on! I wonder what Finn and Jake are up to?"
>It's a pound cake nurse episode
>"Oh"
>Change channel
And that's what happened to the casual AT audience.

Not like Finn centric episodes help when it sounds like the life's been sucked outta him. They should stop putting a spin on his voice and Nathan Drake it (have Shada takk normally)

pretty cute comic. Emily Partridge is totally one of my favorite newer show boarders.

Oh, man. I completely forgot that I drew that picture of Marceline and Finn, or Finn's Mom. I think that Marceline and Finn thing was the first thing I drew for the drawthreads. I'm pretty sure at least. Then it was the different princess designs.

Hey, I made this too

isnt that the psycho SJW chick that got the Clarence creator fired for making a pass at her at the office?

no, that's the woman who got assaulted by Clarence's creator, was dealing with it privately with CN the way it should be handled, then her friends blabbed about it on Twitter and created the whole shitstorm which led to everyone's situation being made worse. not sure what version you heard.

but let's not talk about this, I just like her work on Adventure Time man.

That's too little too late
Last episode I enjoyed was the one where Finn tries to build a tower to space and it was the first episode I enjoyed at all in a long time
It went from being generally good to being constantly bad, I know I have ginger standards than other people but the constant are of bad episodes and bad plots sear everyone down, let's be honest maybe flame princes wasn't in most episodes but she was in too many and she was too plot central And if you are defending the show at all you are in the minority that liked that not the other group

As much as I dislike her, Skyler Page (Clarence's creator) was totally in the wrong in that situation, Page's had a mental condition and had more than one incident groping women at CN. This time, Partridge told some of her friends when CN was handling it behind closed doors and screeched about the incident online, resulting in a shitstorm and Skyler losing his job.

she probably would've sued but instead opted to move onto the AT crew and make Bubbline episodes.

we just dumping art then? I love pretty AT art even if I don't love the show so much anymore.

I mean, I'm only doing so case I've not much else to add.

That's almost everyone. I'll remember AT for what it was; not what it has become.

totally fine man, always nice to add more to my collection.

THIS SHOULD'VE NEVER HAPPENED DELETE DELET DELETE

I still think the show's p good even with its myriad of fuckups but who knows, maybe I'm just too addicted to face reality.

NEVER
EVER
FOREVER

poor ship, deserved better.

flower crowns are kind of tacky but this is pretty so I'll allow it.

It was only a matter of time before you suffered the same fate as us.

FP was supposed to rebuild Finn's hopes at love though, not ruin them even further!
It was the chosen ship!

Sure why not. I always like to add to my art collection.

>It's a Huntress episode
>Literally shipbait

this Finn is way too kawaii but I like it despite that. just need to add some missing teeth and a fucked up nose probably and you're golden.

I really want more Me-Mow.

Man, I'm not even a shipper and it just hurts how hard they dropped the ball of possibly making FP a cool character, especially for and with Finn.

I love that pic

I lost interest around when it became about shipping (Fire Princess' intro)
Was massively let down by the Lich trying to reach Prismo
Gave it up right after that, it lost it's flavor and when they blue balled everyone it got annoying.

>goal post have been moved

I feel the same.
>what I expected: cute tsundere misunderstood evil girl who Finn makes gooder
>what I got: she's kind of boring then totally good and that's it I guess plus she shows up twice a season
???
come on show.

it is very pretty right?

Finn in armor = a pretty good Finn

>were still in season 6
Yeah I get season 6 turned a lot of you off, but the bad in season 6 isn't in season 7 anymore.

Yeah

that guy's talking about like, early season 5 dude.

They dropped loliPB and FP hard. So much potential wasted on pointless drama. Was there any upside of Finn's puberty arcs now that it seems to have been wrapped up?

>finn doesn't look like that now. not even a growth spurt
reeeee

loli PB I can live with. it was basically there to show she and Finn would never work, right? the rest not so acceptable.

and Finn deserves to look like a handsome young man right now but at least we'll always have fanart.

a ship that also deserved better. show doesn't even let them interact anymore because the staff knows everyone would cast off their false Bubbline gods and swear fealty to best ship.

Finn deserves happiness
i would have not complained if the series ended with that episode except he's still together with her

love landscape stuff.

>loli PB I can live with. it was basically there to show she and Finn would never work, right? the rest not so acceptable.
>could never work
I mean now, the chances are pretty damn low, but back then I'd say they had a good chance of making it. You could even apply your text to FP since she was made of fire and Finn could never touch her. They scrapped loli PB because status quo which makes me salty.

Even though i'm a fubblefag I retain the thought that Finn and Marceline had a superior sort of chemistry.

Instead of leaving just hints and clues at what the lore of the world was, they went and explained too much of it, and of course it wasn't as good as people imagined (It never is) not to mention all the relationship bullshit and the countless episodes trying way too hard to give THE FEELS =(

It stopped being fun and lost its soul. Adventure Time will forever be the reminder on how listening to tumblr can and will ruin you.

>Finn deserves happiness
boy oh boy does he. poor kid.
there's still hope though.

I suppose now that it's over the upside can be just that. "It's over". Finn can move on a be a silly adult instead of a silly kid or an angsty teen. Or something.

yeah she and Finn could have worked, but Too Young wasn't very long after it initially happened.

status quo was the ultimate reason in the end but they at least BSed a pretty good reason why and made interesting stuff out of it, so it seems much less egregious than other shit they've done.

lots of Finn's plots seem to be phoned in honestly
and ones that should be bigger are never really given the care they deserve

also: I like when people acknowledge that Finn is important to Marceline and PB because, like, he is. I guess the show certainly hasn't done the greatest job of showing that though.
goddammit adventure time, why can't I quit you.

w-when do they fug?

look at this cute season-1-era Finn and PB, cute as a button.

They should open up Finn's vault and give him youthful emotions again

only in your dreams, dear anonymous.

Even before that, it was starting to lose interest

Because it's a millennial fad show, meaning their normie attention span only lasts for so long and they move on to the next thing the normie herd is using to signal their conformity.

not trying to make anyone even more bitter, but reminder: because of Breezy we will never get hype shit like this. just sayin.

Oooo started out as a blank slate. It was whatever they plot needed it to be. Heck it wasn't even supposed to be post apocalyptic till after Business Time. They just caved in to fan pressure to create lore that shouldn't of existed.

>Lemongrab gets to take the throne from PB because she wasn't 18 and it was "kingdom law" and there's nothing she can do about it
>Fast forward to season 5 Flame Princess takes the Fire Kingdom throne at 16 and none of Ooo complain
>essentially Finn and young could've just usurped from Lemongrab and changed the law in the CK
Whut. And PB sure as fuck doesn't like incompetent people ruling the kingdom as displayed by the King of Ooo storyline.

cute!

something cool about AT is that almost every minor character has some fanart. that's pretty neat.

I like how thuggish Finn looks in this.

Cute! CUTE!

>they never did more with Finn's fear of the ocean
>it goes away because he stabbed it
Adventure Time you make it really hard to love you sometimes.

That would've been cool. I like the idea of Finn with a robotic arm. That's why I liked Farmworld Finn

Ooh this one is cool

Yeah I like that

Nah, his emotional troubles are pretty much in the books. See they've "fixed" his problems.

Or if she took interest in a 18year old Finn but that would trigger Emily and the MPB writers

At least we'll always have that aco thread.

>What happened to Adventure Time's popularity?
Once The Lich was out of the picture and Lemongrab was more or less done, I stopped caring. Most of the episodes started to consist of Finn moping about his missing arm or being foreveralone.jpg or something else regarding how pathetic and sorry he feels. This is ok in small doses, but it lasted more than a season and I just couldn't take it anymore.

Yeah this is where I dropped it. That comet was also built up through like 6 episodes and then fucking NOTHING happened. Also nice to see that the introduction of his father as a character also had no point whatsoever, as that arc is closed forever now. This is when it became clear that any semblance of a story this show had was over and now it was just moment to moment and emotional BS.

got some more where those came from bb

never give up hope friend! it's what makes life worth living, even in our bleakest hours.

cutie

How's that H-game with Marcy coming along?

anyone got that picture of a decently old Finn like in his 40's in some knight looking gear walking with Princess Bubblegum? I never saved it and it's pretty neat.

the Mike Inel one? decently so from what I recall, but put like another version a few months ago or whatever. seems to still be making progress, Mike seems pretty dedicated.

This one?

FINN IS BEST BOY

GIVE HIM MORE LOVE HACK WRITERS

fuck yeah man, good shit. thank you. I love how scared his face looks.

i love this one. worst thing about Breezy is all this top tier armless Finn art will always be horrendously out of date.

>the Mike Inel one?
Yeah.

Wait does that mean there are more than that one?

he sure does, but since the show won't give him love I guess fags like us will have to do.

sorry man, not that I know of, I was just being specific in case you meant another one.
accept this pic as an apology.

I like this one for how dainty Finn looks and the fairy tale-esque rhyme, cool shit.

Billy was a cool dude who has a pretty decent supply of cool art and that makes me happy.

More of that? Also Martin was a mistake. Finn should be the last son of Earth.

best episode of the series here, try to argue.
protip:you might and I just want to foster discussion

Its not nostaligia bud, I'm 24 and those shows used to be better. They just suck now, it happens. Anyone who has lived long enough knows that things eventually burn out their creators, run out of steam, suck and then die. The worst part is im not even just talking about cartoons.

Puhoy or Too Yung.
Also daily reminder:
>Pillows are for bedding

I'll pull out what I got that's similar. you want like melancholy Finn or last human Finn?

Aren't they the same thing?

shhh
mega.nz/#!EY5B1BRJ!AOEu5ovsq0AmGh_C7YjszonjFARpaNyO-flxLpM91P0

docs.google.com/uc?id=0BwOEc4YAIz4FNEI0X0p1b000Y3c

aw Puhoy reminds me: look at Roselinen in this pic. she's gazing at Finn so adoringly and mirroring the way he's clutching his chest, so fucking cute.

absolute best girl, at least one Finn was allowed to be happy.

Is this thread making anyone else super sad?
>TFW I used like AT so much I used to dress as Finn but now I hate the show

more or less.

I won't tell bruv :^)

AT always makes me feel a mix of happy/sad. it's interesting because Pen mentioned that stuff like that is what he tries to make the show like.

good job on that, ya bearded loon. finish the damn movie already.

even if Breezy was shit there was some cool imagery.

Thanks m80

Best boy best character

Why does Finn stick out like a sore thumb in that image?

Yes. If there were old drawfriends posting stuff like it would be even more sadder.

besides the pony tail (which just looks kind of awkward) this is probably my favorite older Finn. look at those damn boots dude! stylish as fuck.

Finn cant get any pussy. Hes CONSTANTLY getting cucked

I-i liked Breezy. Well except for that part where LSP rapes Finn

you know now that you mention it he totally does. the coloring for him seems more saturated compared to everyone else. weird, still pretty cool picture though.

For me personally, I stopped watching around the time Finn got his arm back. The stories were okay, but honestly it wasn't that funny anymore. The early season had fantastic comedy to it, with ridiculous dialogue. It just felt like it was taking itself too seriously, but instead of actually capitalizing on that and having the characters grow, Finn is literally always a bitch and it gets tiresome. Season 1 had him doing boss shit.

Plus a new 15 minute episode once a week is ridiculous and they should feel awful for that. There's not enough content to keep people interested for long periods of time.

I totally disagree but at least I'm sure you're not Hitler.
the songs were pretty nice though.

>eddsworld

opinion discarded

Finn was raised by dogs, that means he could totally take the knot right?

would you succ Finn

I'd reccomend using a game console controller to play the game. My Rock Candy XBox360 controller works like a charm.

>Finn in a super neat looking new outfit
>I've seen like 4 pieces of fanart for it
DISGRACEFUL

Only girl Finn.

Also is there sexy time in the game or is it just teasing.

no but I would do my damnedest to fin him a gentle, sweet lass who could do the succ for him.
think I'm not his type.

HE happened.

mostly teasing but there's other saucier stuff on his Tumblrs.

Unfortunately for you, Joshua and Margret weren't feral. But he could take it if he wanted to the dirty slut

not Stevie's fault AT shat on itself. I wish I could live in a world where both shows were great, but alas.

Adventure Time at its peak is much better than SU

I'm not saying it's Steve-o's fault. If anything I applaud him for it. I don't really watch the show but from what I've seen it deserves the attention

rats, well I guess he'll just have to train for it.
also man whatever happened to Ileity? stuff was sometimes pretentious but overall cool.

That might just be your nostalgia talking.

The only AT episode that comes close to SU's peak is Dad's Dungeon.

fair enough then. even with all the shit people say about it, it is pretty damn good. for real though Rebecca, love you and all but ease up on the wetworks my dog.

Dads Dungeon is probably my favorite

bruv Dad's Dungeon is my eternal favorite AT episode but I don't see how a wacky dungeon spelunk with two brothers would come close to an intergalactic war story and shit. unless we mean in terms of emotional resonance, because DD was great at that.

based taste, pat yourself on the back for having good opinions my man.

some adventures are harder than others.

raise your hand if you love Death!

if you aren't raising your hand you're queer because Death is fucking awesome.

viscous bloodthirsty Finn = pretty good Finn

illeity.com/

Still alive and kicking. Just left AT in the dust like other drawfriends have in the years since.

as it goes I suppose. nice they're still alive at least.

reminder to thank Japan for making some of the best AT art.

THANK YOU JAPAN!

joy ang is one the most talented members of the advture time crew. Her use of shading is amazing.

she makes title cards right? should eventually become a storyboarder, seems like most people on AT reach that level eventually.

I'm more of a Sam Alden guy myself.

this one is weird but spooky and cool.

three-for time, a classic from AT's drawthreads.

Puddi was fantastic.

>Jasper is corrupted, surely this will lead to something

Yeah, the end of the Jasper arc for now. Are you retarded user?

Ooo Detective.
get it?

Fight King Finn was fucking awesome. He tore through those ghost warriors like they were butter. Too bad they keep altering his power level to suit the plot/give other characters spotlight.

Source: twitter.com/muen_no_sio/status/743468164793589760/photo/1

Morituri Te Salutamus was great. fantastic stuff.

and I'm kind of an asshole in that I see a nice pic, I save, never really caring about sourcing. if I can it's a nice bonus.
but hey, I never claim I made it, ya know?

wish I could read moon so I could see what Japanese artists say in their fanart. at least the pictures are good enough on their own.

I remember a while ago, I was going to write my own fan comic about Finn and Jake leaving Ooo to travel the world and have new adventures.

Not really worth the time though.

Finn wants the gum

WOAH BUSTER, there are children present, settle down.
this is a Christian thread.

endless world of infinite possibilities and it goes to waste. such a shame.

check out this hype spooky shit.

somber stuff.

I feel like this pic is a metaphor for something.

cute boy raised by his two lesbo moms and drunk uncle.

A classic.

500 mark...

but the party don't gotta stop just yet.

>lesbo
those be fighting words, user

is joke friend, is joke.

never realize how many pictures you saved until you dump literally all of them, huh.

look at those sneakers yo.

this thread has made me intimately familiar with storefronts and rivers, thanks captcha.

Beemo!

>Thread devolves into utter shit once somebody mentions Steven Universe, letting the /sug/ fanfaggots see it through their filter and allowing them free reign to drop huge turds into it
Way to go you guys

no idea what you're talking about but thanks for stopping buy.

>adventure time used to be about a boy and his dog, not lesbians

Why did they destroy it, Cred Forums?

it was too pure for this sinful world.

It's nice to know that there are anons that care about Finn just as much, if not more than me. FeelsGoodMan.

You and me both!

And source.

shit son, I forget. Tumblr user named Schmop or something? I could find it if I dug around but threads on the way out.
Finnfag for life.

hey look, a crossover with uh... what's that anney may kids are going nuts over these days? Ja Ja? Bo Bo?

peace and tranquility.

Aww that Finn is cute.

and I think that's it for me. if you stuck around thanks for humoring me and giving me an excuse to gush over the shitty art I've collected, if you like save it and jerk off over it or whatever may please you.

closing question- short or long hair Finn? I'm a short myself.

looking forward to any future threads with you fuckers, unless this hiatus kills us all off. see you starside.

oh wait, this too. cute.

remember to change the filenames if all the tumblr sources bother you friendos, I'm too lazy to.

this is my for real last one now.

people who give him the heterochromia eyes are just fine in my book.

Oof. Now that's a toughie.

Hm. I think regularly I also prefer short haired Finn. But long haired Finn can be just as good like that one moment in Stakes.

I mean fucking look at this. God damn.

If you're still here, did some quick looking but got nothing. If you ask in another AT thread dollars to donuts I'll be there and can source you hopefully.

I like whenever people vary up his look but I think I prefer stuff like that one very bishie pic I posted earlier where it's like above shoulder length, just my personal preference.

I FOUND IT
shmoof.tumblr.com/post/140364243106/prince-hot-bod-at-your-service

damn I'm good. there you go man, no need to thank me.

found a few more too.

simple but cool. now I'm completely dry. happy trails lads.

>2 episodes centered on two female characters being close
>2 out of the 38 in season 7
>hurr lesbian time, amiright?

nice!

yeah it's pretty nifty.

best dad.

see, Emily seems pretty chill.

only 10 more!

You're not alone, I liked Breezy too

gonna stock up on more immediately post-Escape from the Citadel art for next time. lots of great stuff from that period that I never got around to saving.

jeez this pic makes me reflect on how much potential AT had, and still has. I wish they would just reboot the series. Give us like a 2 year time skip, make Finn like 19 and refocus the show on his adventures with jake in a slightly aged Ooo.

Who's with me?

would be pretty cool man. hell, even if it's a fucking disaster at least they would be trying new things.

kingofooo.tumblr.com/post/150568126794

F

oh geez

Been a fun thread, thank you to any and all who participated. And go easy on the show guys, they're trying their best.

Is it just me or is there nothing lewd about that game?

Lewd text, lewd Easter eggs and the most lewd part of the game is the posters in Ice King's room once you turn the lights off.