What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Wabbit-A-Looney-Tunes-Production/Episode-35?id=69698
youtube.com/watch?v=yUYAmH8lUjU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>redesigning already perfect designs

Throw out everything that made the original LT shorts good (i.e. humour) and modernize it for no reason.

New additions to the cast who weren't all that interesting, pic related.

Squeaks was alright, though.

>what went wrong?
Review your cartoons before you air warner bros.

The producers approved scripts from people with no concept of humor.

someone greenlit it

The better question is what went right?

I've only seen two episodes, so please tell me if I'm wrong.

It has the "same" characters but a totally different feel, and I think the music is a huge factor in that. Wabbit just has background tracks that just play, the way a lot of modern cartoons do it. But Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons, & Animaniacs all had that orchestra that would closely follow the actions of the scene, emphasizing the slapstick or a character tiptoe-ing and all that. Having the orchestra is impractical now, but it would be awesome if they could pull this off with modern production. The episode Snow Wabbit kind of tried this, but only partially and I still enjoyed it.
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Wabbit-A-Looney-Tunes-Production/Episode-35?id=69698

Also taking a silent character like Wile E Coyote and making him talk feels unnecessary. If they're going to change the source that much, they should make new characters (WHICH WOULD BE GREAT).

Wile E stopped being silent a long time ago. A looong time ago. This is nothing new.

>1952, by Mel Blanc
Oh shit, now I remember the "super genius" episode. I guess I mostly remember the VHS collection of the silent shorts I would watch all the time.

trying to format Looney Tunes shorts into 2 4-5 minutes in length. It rushes shit too fast, so it almost feels like a conflict Bugs has with someone ends instantly.

>people shitting on the Looney Tunes Show because "fuck this sitcom garbage, not muh classic Looney Tunes"
>gets cancelled just as they stop being shitheads and realize how good it really was
>the detractors get their "classic Looney Tunes" show after all
>its complete shit

Talk about a monkey's paw.

>wabbit
>classic looney tunes
what the fuck? how is it "classic" in any sort of way? The animation isn't there, there's barely any of the recongnizable Looney Tunes characters, and it makes use of too much modern humour that clashes with old humour that ends up being shit.

That's the point.

I find this show more hit and miss really. Some episodes are laugh out loud funny and some are cringe worthy.

which ones are funny

Anything with Bigfoot or Death

>look at the new Micky Mouse shorts
>"Let's do the opposite!"

They put Looney Tunes Show Bugs who is more down to Earth, realistic in his actions, less scheming and usually is less in control of situations. And they try putting him in the classic looney tunes episodic formula and the his characters just does not work in that environment. That's why I'm glad that they changed Daffy to be more zany like his original character was. Egomaniac instant loser Daffy wouldn't have worked as well in this current format either.

>Bigfoot
>funny
Awful bait

anything close to replicating the old Looney Tunes was Tiny Toons and Animaniacs.

I didnt particularly care for The Looney Tunes show because setting up these characters in an average, sitcom setting is uninteresting and the show wasnt that funny to me.

>gets cancelled just as they stop being shitheads and realize how good it really was
It ended, dumbass

As in, they ran their 52 mark episode and ended it

>already have a large, orange furred, sneaker wearing monster
>replace him with a retarded bigfoot

i don't understand

Why replace characters with reskins when the original characters already worked

Also
>get rid of majority of the characters while only keeping one, effectively making the same joke every episode

oh god

Did they do anything remotely right?

Season 2 is looking better then season 1.

Nobody at WB actually giving a fuck about what they're doing

Everything

Ok but I actually liked the last revamp "Looney Tunes Show". They only slightly nuanced the characters' personalities for modern viewers and Even the art style wasn't bad. I don't know why they suddenly dropped it for another brand new revamp but it kinda pissed me off.

We'll see

too much tuney
not enough looney

Claudette was a step in the right direction. Her sausage snout is unfortunate, but workable.

#1 The writing staff
#2 The talentless flash animator cunt they hired to redesign the characters

they had a pretty good Taz & Bugs episode.
youtube.com/watch?v=yUYAmH8lUjU

why is Elmer Fudd in pretty much none of the new LooneyTunes remakes?
He used to be the most important character next to Bugs for their first 10 years in existence, why just ignore this?

LTS was a monkey's paw wish itself

>Finally give Lola a personality beyond furfag bait
>Make nearly every other character bland as fuck to fit 40 year old sitcom tropes

Because Billy West costs too much money

Then why not just hire cheap soundalikes?

This show is probably the brainchild of someone who was on the Looney Tunes Show brainstorming team who got his shitty idea passed up...then later got a promotion that allowed him to have his idea greenlighted.

Of course liberal hacks aren't going to write anything funny when they're so focused on constantly forcing out their SJW agenda.

>hurr durr the 1%
>hurr durr class warfare

totally rational observation without the slightest hint of blind and desperate partisanship.

he's right though
left-wingers cannot write a good story for the life of them

The vast majority of writers and artists are left-wing. You are insane and should be banned for spewing nonsense.

No, the good writers are a mix of both right and left wing ideals, not just one.

with rhetoric of this depth it's a mystery why political discourse is little more than slogans and confirmation bias. user, you're going to save this country!!!!

I'd say most good anything are probably less of both and more of neither. People who can understand an art to such a depth as to consistently put out profound, interesting and well reasoned ideas aren't going to be easy to pin down politically as their points of view will be easily changed as they're exposed to more information and discourse.

The best writers for every medium usually tend to never disclose their political stance, so you may be right.

Taz doesn't look completely horrible...maybe they got with the program.
Love dem gals with big snoots.

because nobody knows how to draw or animate anymore. the blame isn't entirely on the technology at this point.

>because nobody knows how to draw or animate anymore.
that's bullshit man

you should see what most cartoons look like before they come back from korea, they look fucking gorgeous

why don't they just outsource it to korea/japan then? they know how to animated traditionally

Okay the actual reason reason is they can hire cheap ass soundalikes

They just don't want to use Elmer anymore because they think he isn't a credible threat anymore

>They just don't want to use Elmer anymore because they think he isn't a credible threat anymore
That's a really terrible reason not to use him though.

he never was, they still were able to make funny cartoons with them in the golden age

that's how shit the Wabbit crew is

i mean comparing it to the old looney tunes cartoons. wabbit was doomed from the beginning because it can't emulate the old cartoons at all. it's impossible.

I believe it has more to do with the fact that Elmer holds a rifle to kill the wabbit in a children's show.

>children suddenly can't handle the seeing of guns in kids shows anymore
this is why wabbit will never be good

From the look of it

Everything.

No Wizard.