Why didn't he just make the portal send Jack to the center of the sun instead of making it send him to the future?

Why didn't he just make the portal send Jack to the center of the sun instead of making it send him to the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lxFxRXCG73M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because then we wouldn't have a plot.

I would still watch if the show was just about the day to day life of Aku as unopposed dictator of the universe.

Probably thought it would be a more damning punishment to force him to live in a world surrounded by the evil that he couldn't defeat than to just outright kill him. Also probably didn't think he'd adjust so well that he'd still present a very real threat.

Also

He wanted to torment Jack by forcing him to live in the hell of a future where he failed to defeat Aku.

Sun is too quick and easy.

How would a portal in time send someone to a different space

it's a time portal - it sends him to a destination and also a different time

>implying space and time are two different things

Because it's not satisfying. Aku is a creature of pride and gluttony, he wants the samurai's death to be drawn out and painful so he can watch with perverse glee. Throwing him into the sun would have killed Jack instantly, and it wouldn't have been fun to watch.

>send him to a different time
>the earth is in a different place so he's in space
>dead

>Aku is a creature of pride and gluttony, he wants the samurai's death to be drawn out and painful so he can watch with perverse glee.

Aku is perfectly fine with quick and anticlimactic deaths.

youtube.com/watch?v=lxFxRXCG73M

Yeah, Aku mostly gets his kicks out of fucking with Jack. I forget why he finds Jack in particular so fun to fuck with besides him being the only guy capable of killing him, purely because of his sword. But, yeah, his amusement with Jack is to such a degree that in the coming continuation Aku has become stir crazy from Jack's disappearance.

Yeah, but thats a minor inconvenience vs. the guy who almost ruined his empire, whose father managed to seal aku.

Of course aku would be angry and demand more than just a quick death to jack. Plus being the emperor of everything must be kind of boring sometimes.

Of his own minions, yeah. Those who fail him are not worth watching burn. Jack is different, Jack is the only real threat to Aku so it's absolutely worth it to Aku to drag out Jack's death.

Magic in Samurai Jack is old style mysticism where you can't entirely control it. Even those who can control it don't act rational themselves(Aku, the guy who turned Jack into a chicken, the fairy who could only grant a single wish). Magic in these sorta settings tends to have a mind of its own.

FUND IT

>tfw aku voice actor is dead

He knew he´d eventually get bored of ruling the world and wanted to have something to entertain himself in the future.
I´m sure that after the first seven millenia he was just looking at his crystal ball wondering where that dammed samurai was.

So if he rules everything and jack is gone forever, what happens next? what happens in general in that kind of situation with any empire or entity that conquers everything?

Same thing that happened in the show, except without Jack there.

One of first things Aku did was stop all momentum from the big bang. Didn't you watch the show?

I wish Mako were alive to voice Aku again

I imagine that if you controlled everything it would get boring.

I would imagine he would humor himself by creating artificially made factions to try and twart him or try to expand his efforts beyond the galaxy and see how much he could expand his control

>I imagine that if you controlled everything it would get boring.

That's just something low power manlets tell themselves to feel better about not controlling everything.

You can't troll a dead guy OP

Everyone needs a hobby.

I feel like a fucking idiot for not realizing that's what that was supposed to be.

Jesus christ.

Anyone got that monkey's paw screencap?

That's from the birth of evil, right? I interpreted it as him being the darkness that preceded existence, and that when spacetime was created he manifested as a blob of darkness

As someone who's never ever watched this show because mom thought it was violent or demonic when I was younger, does it still hold up/any good torrents or megas?

Action scenes are awesome, everything else is slow.

I don't really care if it's slow, as long as it's good.

I'm actually in the middle of rewatching it so i can be caught up when season 5 comes out. It absolutely holds up.

i figure it's like a cat playing with a mouse. he wants to kill him later, so he's putting jack on pause.
fff, fulfilling your duty IS japanese heaven
i'm curious whether i should.. i liked it a lot but it's a show you really have to watch intently to enjoy, and i don't have time for that anymore.

Why would he kill his husbando?

Because he didn't have the spell reagents.

>I forget why he finds Jack in particular so fun to fuck with besides him being the only guy capable of killing him, purely because of his sword.

I'd imagine it's a few things. He's the last guy to inflict any sort of pain on Aku, so you have petty revenge. As someone able to actually fight him he's the only enemy able to frequently encounter you without dying, so you have familiarity. He's been an enemy thousands of years coming so you have anticipation. And let's be real, if you threw your arch enemy who was an ancient warrior into the distant future of aliens and space cars and robots, you'd want to fuck with them for a while too.

time displacement is not teleportation

Aku knows how to teleport people too.

He fucks with the pizza delivery guys. All of them. Forever.