Did anyone else ever find the Simpsons spooky when they were kids?

Did anyone else ever find the Simpsons spooky when they were kids?

this was creepy as fuck yeah

Fuck yeah, some of those Halloween episodes were terrifying to a kid. The inside-out gas? The giant blood-splattered blender?

the episode about the rapture freaks me out as a kid.

the episode of bart selling his soul to milhouse, drove me insane for 8 years

Not really, fear was strange for me as a kid. I was a neglected middle child so I matured quicker. Or at least that's what my psychiatrist posits.

I was spooked by the episode where the meteor was gonna hit springfield

That episode freaked me out as a kid, in fact, everytime a cartoon mentioned religion it unnerved me

Same for me, i'm not religious but i was educated by """"redneck"""" ignorant people who teach me a deformed version of catholicism destinated to fears me, so everytimes i seen a movie about the devil (the omen, rosemary's baby, the exorcist, etc.... ) i feels fucking awkward, and the same stupid effect happened on cartoons.

I also feels a forced sadness when i seen a crucifix with jesus on the cross, it's part of that shitty childhood trauma.

now i'm cured but i still feel awkward in front of religious paranoia, this would be considered a crime against childrens.

For some reason the screaming woman sound effect at the end of Treehouse of Horror episodes freaked me out, but not the content of the episodes themselves.

I think I also found the whole Itchy and Scratchy Sorceror's Apprentice parody segment creepy. I felt the same way about the original though.

Man, I just a weird dream about the simpsons last night. So anyways, it's a halloween special and for whatever reason, Marge dies because of Homer's stupidity. So he's all sad and mopey and then he's up one night in the den. Marge is back, but as a ghost, she says something like, "Homey, I've missed you" she goes invisible grabs homer, he screams, she forces his right hand to finger bang her, he goes, "Ewww" and she throws him on the couch. Well, at this point, his pants go off and he's screaming again for a minute, then goes, "what, that's it?" at this point, it gets weird. She envelopes him, opens his mouth, enters inside him, and covers the rest of his body with her essence. Think of the inside gas mixed with the music video "the music scene" by blockhead. so now homer becomes a better person, helps out bart and lisa, and everything is generally good. there's more, but it doesn't sound as good out loud than when it was just my dream.

I had to turn off the TV every time I saw the fog that turned people inside-out in that one Treehouse of Horror episode.

I was legit scared of Sideshow Bob episodes, his theme song was a fucking tone changer.

This one always terrified me as a child. And he angel one made me uncomfortable as well.

I must be older, because the Simpsons episodes that freak me were the early ones, like the Treehouse of Horror when Homer gets Burns head on his shoulder, the donut head or the Never more parody. I remember the anguish that these episodes caused me.

The cafeteria one got me. Anytime kids figured shit out and adults didn't belive them scared me as a kid.

i never got the gag with the mist that reversed everyone skins, was that a reference to something?

It kind of did, and now it sort of reminds me of Steel Ball Run.
I don't remember, but was the skeleton explained? Things like this reminds me of holy artifacts like crying statues and that shit freaks me out.

The gremlin on the side of the bus scared me good.

This, plus the one where the kids get eaten

Bad End episodes are spoop

>The song over the end credits is based on the song "One" from the musical A Chorus Line,[1] while the concept of the family being turned inside out by a mysterious fog comes from an episode of the radio show Lights Out called "The Dark".
Apparently. Always assumed they just threw that shit in because the episode was intentionally produced to be gorier and it seemed like an absurd enough end note.

That was a real gross-out, yes.

But was something deeper. I thought, seriously, because I was a child, that all the characters might die due to forces beyond my comprehension and beyond their control. And the show would be done forever and ever, for no reason. And no explanation was forthcoming for the entire episode until the very end.

it was planted as a publicity stunt for a newly opened superstore(?)

When I was a kid I watched Futurama. So I supposed by proxy, yes.

What scared you about Futurama?

Little things mostly, but that one episode that was a Star Trek parody with the cast stuck on that planet with an energy being had a still image of Kif making a really, really disturbing face.

came here to post this, Holey Moley it was terrifying

Oh, from the credits, right. That's actually a kind of re-creation of a still spooky alien face picture from the credits of the original Star Trek series that scared me when I saw re-runs on Sci-Fi as a kid. It was more frightening the way they drew it, though.