Is anyone else getting sick of the MCU...

Is anyone else getting sick of the MCU? I've seen every movie in theaters and watched every TV show (except for the latter half of Agents of SHIELD season 3) and nothing about it excites me any more.

Okay.

I'm still pretty excited about it.

How many threads have you made today faggot, how many?

I'm not a DCEUfag either. The only DCEU movie I enjoyed was Suicide Squad and I only thought it was okay. Man of Steel was disappointing and BvS was a pile of shit.

Going strong for me personally. I probably will stop caring after Infinity War

>Being an actual comic reader

>Never was conditioned to pretend to care about Avengers just because normies were pretending to like them

>Only wasted a total of $9.50 on these "fun-for-the-whole-family action comedies"

>Marvel still makes a tiny bit of X-Men comics and stuff for those of us not aspiring to be normies

Feels good, brah.

>sick of the MCU
eh, different strokes for different folks i guess

personally, im glad there are a lot of marvel movies, i like their stuff, so more of it is a good thing, and anything that welcomes more people to comic book characters is a good thing

>The only DCEU movie I enjoyed was Suicide Squad
Way to invalidate your fucking opinion

The problem is for every iron man 1, cap America movie, or guardians, there's a Thor movie, iron man 3, or avengers 2

I feel like the sense of the unknown is gone from the MCU. Like, Phase 1 had an excitement to it of seeing these heroes finally on the big screen. But by the end of Phase 2, we seem to know how the MCU works that the excitement is gone. I blame them announcing all of Phase 3 so early, but I also blame that they aren't setting up any stories other than Thanos. If they laid some more mysterious plots around that makes you question the stuff out there, that would keep me more interested. But for now, everything just ties back to Thanos and it's dull. Okay, not everything, it only ties back to Iron Man, Captain America or Thanos.

avengers 2 bad?
it wasnt as good as the original, but still made a ton of money, and had good critical reception

>but still made a ton of money, and had good critical reception

Transformers 4 made the most money out of any movie in 2014 and terminator 3 and Indy 4 got positive reception in their release, none of which are good movies

what metric would you suggest?

Avengers 2 was definitely a flawed film, but I enjoyed it. But the biggest problem with the film, even when I saw it for a first time, was that it was very clear that content was cut from the film. Like Wanda and Pietro meeting Ultron had me questioning what was going on, and Thor in the pool. It lead to some confusing jumps and characters teleporting around way too much.

There's no metric, if you like it them you like it

I'm getting tired of the amount of volume of it, and I'm probably gonna dump Agents of SHIELD, seeing as there are better Marvel live action shows now, and the show still hasn't found a way to commit to whatever it wants to be, after 3 full seasons.

Like, Ghost Rider? I like Robbie a lot but what the Heck doe Ghost Rider have to do with SHIELD? They're still doing the same thing as Season 1, dancing around the skirts of the real MCU, looking for scraps of whatever they can get, using guest star characters to drum up interest, rather than making a good show based on what SHIELD stories are best at: actual spy stuff.

Three seasons in and no AIM.
Three seasons in and no Zodiac.
Every time they do something with HYDRA, the actual HYDRA feel is way too turned down to the point of blandness, and recently, diluted even more with Inhumans bullshit. I guess you can't fix something where the creators went into the project with the wrong mindset from the beginning.

See, this is why I was against Marvel branching out to TV in the first place. It has to play two steps back the whole time to the movies.
AoS was never going to be as popular as the films and it was too clunky to cross over to the films.

I'mean pretty tired of the MCU as well, OP. Which is cool. It's been eight years after all. I just do other things and watch other stuff.

Don't be so cynical. I'm interested in seeing what happens to Coulson, Mac, May, Fitz, and Quake in the new season.

AoS might not have the most consistent identity but the stories tells are top notch.

Even DUH REAL SHIELD from S2 and some of the filler-esque episodes from S3 have been miles better than both JJ DDS2 on netflix

And to think that people gave DC shit for making their movies a separate continuity from their TV shows.

They should have jut said "forget the films" and made a Nick Fury TV show with everything that could be in a Nick Fury TV show. but the problem is that that's not what Whedon wanted. He thought it was a good idea to have a story about the ordinary people in the MCu that have to deal with all the craziness. SHIELD isn't the best place to do that from though. He should have just made Damage Control if he wanted that.

because it's samey. I'm not excited anymore myself. probably not going to watch Strange, but I will go to watch Infinity War even it'll just be the same as the other Avengers movies. after that I'm done. not too interested in DC's offering too especially after seeing the trailer for JL.

doesnt matter what you say, people will hate you
the hating precedes the reason in fact

>have been miles better than JJ
Don't you mean AWARD WINNING Jessica Jones?

I'm interested in WW, if only for people tripping over their own hypocrisy trying to justify hating the first female-led superhero film of the modern age, and who is also a character personally chosen by Gloria Steinem to be put on the cover of the first issue of Ms. Magazine.

That last one will most definitely sting.

I'm just saying, people gave DC shit because they thought it would be too confusing that there would be two Flashes.

And then there were three Flashes in the TV series alone. At least, I think there were three. Have they properly crossed over with the 90s Flash series' Flash and not just Mark Hamill?

Me too desu.

Marvel takes no risks and therefore creates no hype for me. Its just same old shit + quips.

Im done with comic book movies desu

There are several problems that happened with Agents of SHIELD.
1) It started right after Iron Man 3, so they had to do filler stuff til Winter Soldier.
2) People were in a Marvel frenzy after the Avengers that people were trying to look at every detail of AoS to be linked to other Marvel stuff. People went nuts for Extremius being in the first episode. I remember the MAA forums asking for the Night Night Gun to be put in the game. When people realized it wasn't revealing further things of the MCU and that the major heroes weren't in it, they started to tune out.
3) TV budget. People keep stupidly asking for characters for higher budgets to be put in TV shows, but TV doesn't have the budget. Cue the infamous Heroes "Fight behind closed doors" moment.
4) People just expected too much from the show. That's the long and short of it, and there was no way it could have been a movie quality show every week.

>because it's samey
I think that's another factor. It does start to feel the same after a while. I mean, almost every film involves them entering a high tech facility at some point.

>3) TV budget. People keep stupidly asking for characters for higher budgets to be put in TV shows, but TV doesn't have the budget. Cue the infamous Heroes "Fight behind closed doors" moment.
>4) People just expected too much from the show.
People were unable to accept Agents of SHIELD on it's own terms because it barely had any. Daredevil S1 got rave reviews and good viewership, because whether or not it was in the MCU, it knew it wanted to be a show about Daredevil. AoS always seemed to be a show about "Hey, we're in the MCU" "Hey. remember that piece of technology from the movies? We have it!" "Hey, remember this character? we're mentioning his signature weapon!"
People expect what you tell them to expect, and Agents of SHIELD was telling them to expect synergy and crossovers, and it was, as you said, getting a lot of traction out of it. Except it was never going to deliver, so of course some people tuned out. If it had just focused on establishing itself AS itself from the beginning, it would maybe have been less watched in the beginning, but be a better show now.

I feel like Agents of SHIELD is a show that could only be enjoyed by people super familiar with the MCU movies, whereas Daredevil is a show that I've gotten several people who don't give a shit about the MCU movies to watch and love.